Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Or if delta9's storefront carries the ce4 cartomizers and adapters I may drive up there in person lol.
Basically I've figured out i need the 510 adaptor, but can't decide on clearomizers or cartomizers.

DELTA NINE has the adapters: I get the longer wick cartomizers at the smoke shop for $9.00 and use the adapter that comes from DELTA NINE!
short-pg_zps6c3a9f1c.jpg

ataxian,

eln00b

Thanks for posting this. I just grabbed a tip and my mflb tube...few seconds later I'm puling the best hits from my v2... I'm still coughing from them. That's on the 2.4's.....

I personally tried all the different ohm carts and my fav are still the 2.4 and then 1.5. I turned a few friends onto the oils, and we were using the 1.5 and wanted to start with that, but I insisted they try both carts side by side, and they enjoyed the 2.4 the most.

I also want to stress that you can get bigger clouds by your draw technique, You want a very slow and subtle draw. After getting back to vaping even my technique wasn't as great as before. So what's the best way to acquire a nice hit and bigger clouds?

TRAINING TOOBS!
image.jpg

This is the best way for beginners to learn how to perfect your draw technique as well as pros ( I've had a omicron since version 1 and still use my training Toob to this day) The reason being is you can see the vapor in the tube when your drawing in and can fine tune it to get much better vape hits.

In the pic is a MFLB glass tube on a silicon cartridge tip, if you wanted to make your own, you just need to cut off the tip of the silicon cap a little for it to fit.

OF also made some acrylic training tubes he gave me as well if anyone would like one. They are twice the size as in the picture, so you can cut/saw then in 2 so you have a backup. They are for free, but you gotta pay for shipping, which is a cost of a stamp I think I will weigh the Toob and package. If its more than a stamp, then I guess I will have to cut them in half. I'll do that tomorrow. If anyone is interested and would like one for free send me a message in case I miss it in the forums.

All I'm trying to do is showing you the best way IMO to learn how to get the vape hits you want. Good luck!

The ce4 cartomizer I got on D9V works great as well as the ego-w. also the brushed stainless steel tank looks awesome and will last a long time. I'm going to pick that up next cause it looks like it will rock even more than the cartomizers

eln00b,
Reactions: rcflo

poonman

Quick questions for this noobie of pen vapes .

PV has the Omicron light in stock now .
It says it comes with one 900 Mah battery and one 2.4 ohm cart .
I want to order extra batts/carts for this .

Is this the battery I need and the only one that fits ?
http://www.planetvape.ca/imr-14650-batteries.html
and
Should I order more 2.4 and some 1.5 ohms carts ?
If 1.5 ohm carts are even compatible ?

Any additional stuff/advice would be greatly appreciated .
Happy vaping Y'all .

poonman,

rcflo

Quick questions for this noobie of pen vapes .

PV has the Omicron light in stock now .
It says it comes with one 900 Mah battery and one 2.4 ohm cart .
I want to order extra batts/carts for this .

Is this the battery I need and the only one that fits ?
http://www.planetvape.ca/imr-14650-batteries.html
and
Should I order more 2.4 and some 1.5 ohms carts ?
If 1.5 ohm carts are even compatible ?

Any additional stuff/advice would be greatly appreciated .
Happy vaping Y'all .

That battery is for the Omicron v2.x. The omicron light does not have a removable battery.

I would recommend ordering some extra 2.4 ohm cartridges, as they do foul out after a bit, and I highly recommend reading up (search this thread) on filling properly before jumping in with the hot hand. You can experiment with 1.5s if you'd like, and they are compatible, but I and most around here that have learned from experience know that a properly working 2.4 ohm cartridge does just fine. However, do not jump right into 1.5 ohm carts, master the 2.4 ohm ones first, as they are a bit more forgiving than the 1.5 ohm carts and are less susceptible to burning out without a previously refined technique.

Hope you enjoy, its all a lot of fun

poonman

That battery is for the Omicron v2.x. The omicron light does not have a removable battery.

I would recommend ordering some extra 2.4 ohm cartridges, as they do foul out after a bit, and I highly recommend reading up (search this thread) on filling properly before jumping in with the hot hand. You can experiment with 1.5s if you'd like, and they are compatible, but I and most around here that have learned from experience know that a properly working 2.4 ohm cartridge does just fine. However, do not jump right into 1.5 ohm carts, master the 2.4 ohm ones first, as they are a bit more forgiving than the 1.5 ohm carts and are less susceptible to burning out without a previously refined technique.

Hope you enjoy, its all a lot of fun

Thanx rcflo ,
I will continue to do more research .
So the battery is not removable , that's what I got confused on .

The pass thru system is ideally good , but If the battery goes kaput .
Your whole unit is rendered useless and therefore you need another one .

It's either the Omicron light or the Persei I'm looking at .
I'm glad to see PV has provided a battery compatibility chart to assist us .
Plus THC SCIENTIFIC suggested that I purchase thru PV also , they were very helpful earlier
in the week when we talked .

Also want to give thanx to OF and ataxian for their valuable input .
Have a good vaping weekend Y'all .

poonman,
Reactions: rcflo

OF

The pass thru system is ideally good , but If the battery goes kaput .
Your whole unit is rendered useless and therefore you need another one .

Also want to give thanx to OF and ataxian for their valuable input .
Have a good vaping weekend Y'all .

Yup, that's the trade off. If/when the battery (or charging circuit since it's inside as well) go south you're in the market for a new unit. However, these guys are based on proven e-cig designs. While there's a lot of junk in that world, there's also solid gear that gives long service. The warranty protects you from a turkey and IMO given their low cost if I have to pitch mine a year or two down the road it won't bother me....having put a lot of dollar's worth of concentrate through it to wear it out. Like the carts, to a certain extent Omicron Light is expendable?

You're welcome, of course, glad to help you make an informed choice.

OF

poonman

Just pulled the trigger on the Omicron Light from PV .
I also picked up a 5 cart combo pack . 1.5 and 2.4 ohms .
Being from the same city as PV ,
I hope to get it in a couple of days .

I'd also picked up a gram of light blonde Diablo budda/wax from my dispensary today .
And now , going to listen to some Tom Petty .....he's right ,
It is the Hardest Part ....

OF

And now , going to listen to some Tom Petty .....he's right ,
It is the Hardest Part ....

Good choice in music. I'd also keep old school Stones handy. This time next week "Satisfaction" will be getting a lot of air time your way I predict........

The difference being you'll be getting what Mick is missing. Some say he's got enough already anyway.

OF

poonman

My new Omicron Light arrived today , whoohoo !
But it didn't come with ANY instruction manual ....nada .
That can't be right ?
or
I guess they just assume Any idiot can figure it out ?

ok ,
just figured out you can unscrew the bottom cap to plug in for charging ...duh .
It's a red light on , I guess it'll change color when it's full .
now,
how to fill up cart ???

edit;edit;edit;
What do you do with white round rubber stopper ???

poonman,

OF

now,
how to fill up cart ???

edit;edit;edit;
What do you do with white round rubber stopper ???

You might want to go to the D9 site and check out the instructions tab:
http://www.delta9vapes.com/pages.php?pageid=4

Fill instructions for the carts and use instructions for O-Phos (the prior version) are there. The O-Phos instructions should get you going.

Pay special attention to the preheating of the center section of the cart in loading and load no more than .5 grams of concentrate that passes 'the foil test', ones that don't will foul the cart quickly.

The plugs are for long term storage (helps prevent leaks). Most of us throw them out. Don't try to use it with one on, leaks are almost guarantied when pressure builds up in the tank.

Good luck with it, it's a good unit IMO.

OF

justcametomind

They said Omi light would come out soon, but why there aren't still any of them in THCS site? They still sell O Phos that as it has been said had to be sold by planet vape only in a short term?

justcametomind,

poonman

Ok , I need some help .
I'm not getting any vapor or heat .

I've filled it with 0.2 first , then another 0.5 afterwards .
I've tried priming it for 10 cycles as recommended .
I'm still getting nothing , the unit doesn't even get warm .
Then I tried to recharge it again ,
the red light flickered on , then it goes off .
Now I know it must have needed a recharge , because I was playing with it for over an hour .

What do you think is wrong ?

poonman,

Erikim

I hate to be a party pooper... Just got back from w9tech. I picked up a ce4 clearomizer and tried it out. It was vaping fine for ten minutes. Nice easy clouds of vapor from the ejuice i put in.

All of a sudden the light starts to blink. I thought i burned through the battery that quick, so I swapped out my battery and tried it again.

When i screw in the clearomizer or a 1.5 cart, the blue light blinks a few times. When impress the button, it just blinks the same. Is the top totally fried? It blinked the same before with my original omicron top, brought it in and they changed it out for a 2.5 version.

No doubt I will be able to get this resolved soon, but sucks i won't be able to vape for a while again :(

Erikim,

poonman

I hate to be a party pooper... Just got back from w9tech. I picked up a ce4 clearomizer and tried it out. It was vaping fine for ten minutes. Nice easy clouds of vapor from the ejuice i put in.

All of a sudden the light starts to blink. I thought i burned through the battery that quick, so I swapped out my battery and tried it again.

When i screw in the clearomizer or a 1.5 cart, the blue light blinks a few times. When impress the button, it just blinks the same. Is the top totally fried? It blinked the same before with my original omicron top, brought it in and they changed it out for a 2.5 version.

No doubt I will be able to get this resolved soon, but sucks i won't be able to vape for a while again :(

That sucks Erikim ,
I just got the Omicron Light last night .
It doesn't seem to work at all .
But I don't even get that blue blinking light when pressing down the power button .
I think it does that also . idk
I think I may have gotten a failed unit also .
I can't even feel it getting warm .

Good luck with your claim .

poonman,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
That sucks Erikim ,
I just got the Omicron Light last night .
It doesn't seem to work at all .
But I don't even get that blue blinking light when pressing down the power button .
I think it does that also . idk
I think I may have gotten a failed unit also .
I can't even feel it getting warm .

Good luck with your claim .

Your first problem was filling only .2 first. Did you activate the heater after loading just the .2? If so you probably dry burned since that's not enough to fill with initially. What ohm are you using and what Omicron version do you have? A version 2, 2.5?

Chances are you have a dead cart. This can happen by holding the button down too long or otherwise dry burning the cart. You gotta follow OF's steps for reclaiming what's inside. The Omicron battery you have, if it lights up, is not the problem. Your cart is what the problem is.

So if you have another, very carefully fill that one with .5-.6 first. Here's a post from another thread on how:
I've been getting results loading .5-.6, using a mini-torch with the flame almost touching the cart starting at the top of the first 1/3 of the cart then moving upwards to the fill tool. You never want the cart so hot you can't touch it, this'll ruin the seals.

Once you have the initial load go down the fill tool, let it sit and cool for a couple of minutes, then come back and repeat the heating step just in case anything is stuck on the sides. Let it sit again for a couple minutes so that all the wax has time to pool and harden in to the ceramic bowl.

After that, I try to draw from the cart. If you find resistance, which is normally the case, just draw very gently until it snaps and provides airflow. After I have airflow, I start vaping and the draw improves each time. If you find it still has heavy resistance, don't be afraid to hold the button down a little longer on your 2.4's. I've held for up to 12 seconds without leakage. Once you hit about .3 in your cart you'll want to load another .3. Good luck.

You have to be careful with these carts, they're far from fool-proof. But learn what you can and can't do with them and you should have a set up that works the way you need it. I would strongly advise not giving up after trying just the once. I fouled two carts just trying to get started and now I'm on my fourth one that's taken 3G's of wax and over two weeks of constant use.

What ohm is the clearomizer, how much did you fill it, and is it 601 threading? What Omicron are you using and what batteries?

Atomsk,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down

Did you try the "click 5x on and off" safety? I know many a time, users (such as myself) have overlooked such a simple fact. Hopefully it's something simple!

OF

Did you try the "click 5x on and off" safety? I know many a time, users (such as myself) have overlooked such a simple fact. Hopefully it's something simple!

Good call. Dollars to doughnuts that's it.

The 'click it fast to lock and unlock it' is a fairly common e-cig feature that didn't carry over to Omicron and Persei. Omicron Light is just 'closer to it's roots' and includes this useful if sometimes deceptive feature.

FWIW many of the later e-cigs use this mode to access another useful feature. They normally give a regulated 3.2 or so Volt output, but if you 'put it to sleep' (lock it out) then hold the button down for 5 or 6 seconds anyway the light flashes a different color and now is unregulated when unlocked again, so the output is the full battery voltage.....or as much as it can muster. Kind of a 'turbo power' switch if you will.

OF

poonman

Success , Whoohoo :)
in short ; dead cart .
Thanx all for your help .

I'd reclaimed from the 2.4 ohm into a 1.5 ohm cart .
I'm getting some really full lung hits now .

But I'm getting this metallic/electronicky taste in my hits which is definitely
compromising my enjoyment of the Omi-Light .

Will this foul taste go away after several refills of the same cart ?
You know , kinda like a break in period .

What is pre-oxidizing the cart mean ? Will that help ?
Should I have soaked the cart briefly in iso to cleanse it before use ?

It's not a burnt oil taste , and the same Budda taste amazing in my mflb .
Any help would be greatly appreciated .

poonman,
Reactions: OF

Erikim

[quote="Atomsk, post: 370357, member: 12542"

What ohm is the clearomizer, how much did you fill it, and is it 601 threading? What Omicron are you using and what batteries?[/quote]

I let the guy kno I have a omicron singe gave me a 2.5 I believe. It came with a thread adapter so it fit fine. I have a omicron v2 with an updated top because my original v2 top shorted out. I am using the two original red batteries i got when i purchased the unit.

I wanted to drive out to w9 again but not sure when i will have time. Prob will have to make a ticket and send it out :(

Erikim,

justcametomind

I read somewhere here in this topic that D9 was going to sell Omicron Light, replacing the O-Phos that would become a PlanetVape exclusive since Omi Light launch.
Now I'm on PV site and actually they sell Omicron Lights AND O-Phos.
But D9 doesn't sell Omicron Light.. So it's the latter that's a PV exclusive not the O-Phos.
:S
Which are the differencies between the two?

justcametomind,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

poonman

I read somewhere here in this topic that D9 was going to sell Omicron Light, replacing the O-Phos that would become a PlanetVape exclusive since Omi Light launch.
Now I'm on PV site and actually they sell Omicron Lights AND O-Phos.
But D9 doesn't sell Omicron Light.. So it's the latter that's a PV exclusive not the O-Phos.
:S
Which are the differencies between the two?

I bought an Omicron Light from Planetvape last week .
It hits like a champ .
I don't have the O-phos , so I can't give you a comparison review .

poonman,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom