Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Next Generation of Tanks.

Pyrex
DSC_0038.jpg

Stainless Steel. There is a reason for that bump, and no its not what you think its for.

DSC_0022.jpg

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I can't believe I am still using the first omi cart I ever got/filled (2.4) I know I am not a heavy oil hitter, vape mostly, but I believe I got this around the end of Jan. I rotate around between devices/carts. I have noticed my first bit of leaking with this cart. Nothing major, just a bit of oil oozing from the threaded end. A little iso wipe took care of it, and it doesn't seem to be leaking now. I do have to do the clog "pop" at the beginning after a bit of warm up to get air flow, but this has been the case pretty much since I filled it.

Looks like the V2.5 top should be here tomorrow. I will go ahead and package up the HVD top once it arrives, get it ready for shipping back when we get the word.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Dgtheonlyg

i hope the stainless steel one is like the updated version of the leak proof clog proof tank g posted awhile ago

Dgtheonlyg,

GR

G, is the Ego-W cart you sell supposed to fit Ego batteries? The threads will not go on any of my ego batts.

It is very cool with the adapter and using it on the mini Omni!

GR,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
G, is the Ego-W cart you sell supposed to fit Ego batteries? The threads will not go on any of my ego batts.

It is very cool with the adapter and using it on the mini Omni!

The ego-w is used for the v1, v2, and Persei. Did you try to take off the adapter then try it?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

GR

The ego-w is used for the v1, v2, and Persei. Did you try to take off the adapter then try it?

Yes, adapter removed. The threads on the ego-w are coarser then the fine threads on my older ego-t batteries. Could be the threads have changed in the last year or so, the ego-t carts thread on the center 510 post. The ego-w should thread on the outer threads.

Not a big deal, I will just use the adapter and the Omni batteries. It kicks ass compared to the ego-t carts.

GR,

Authentic

Persei abuser
Hey G, I received my cap. Looks like the delay in shipping was due to the hand-written address. The fancy looking 3 looks like an 8. No biggie. The thread on the cap was pretty rough but half a drop of Noalox did the trick.

Authentic,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
no go. it's why the cone from an ophos or omi1 will thread on instead, remember the vid i showed ya? p.s. any chance for buying a cone from ya?

We might have a few used ones, but in mint condition, next time you place an order drop a note in it, let me see what i can do.

Yes, adapter removed. The threads on the ego-w are coarser then the fine threads on my older ego-t batteries. Could be the threads have changed in the last year or so, the ego-t carts thread on the center 510 post. The ego-w should thread on the outer threads.

Not a big deal, I will just use the adapter and the Omni batteries. It kicks ass compared to the ego-t carts.

Ya many different threads out there with many different manufacturers.

Hey G, I received my cap. Looks like the delay in shipping was due to the hand-written address. The fancy looking 3 looks like an 8. No biggie. The thread on the cap was pretty rough but half a drop of Noalox did the trick.

Cool let me know if it acts up, trying to fix all the issues.

This is why we didnt want to get to big to fast. Rushing stuff doesnt work.

GR

Ya many different threads out there with many different manufacturers.

Just figured an ego-w would fit an ego battery.

All in all this works out for travel since I only need to bring one charger for the Omni batteries.

Enough ecig talk, time to go test out the 2.5 tops I got. With the extra bottom cap you sent out and two 2.5 caps it will be nice to run a mini and a full length side by side.

OF

Enough ecig talk, time to go test out the 2.5 tops I got. With the extra bottom cap you sent out and two 2.5 caps it will be nice to run a mini and a full length side by side.

It sure is (I've been doing just that), hard to tell the difference with the IMR 14500 and long cap over the mini (.07 Volts when I measured it); the original 15650s, OTOH, are four times that (.30) weaker than the mini. You can sense that (or at least I thought I could). That's almost half a Volt improvement shifting from 15650 to 15500s with 1.5 Ohm loads. That's a big deal IMO.

And I think you should keep the other 15250 charged and handy, the mini is lots of fun but eats that little battery fast.

BTW, be sure to try them 'both ways' in one case the button lines up with the logo (just luck, but it's nice if it happens).

Enjoy the toys.

OF

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Well...non typical usage question here.

Bought a Bouge 510 cartomizer for the Omi and used it for a week with no issues on the V2.5 head. Now out of the blue I have these issues:

-Omi flashed three times trying to fire the Bouge head (v2.5 & 2)
-Persei has zero response in any configuration (was working earlier)
-Regular mods activate 510 cartomizer without any issues
-Unused LR and regular cartomizers no longer work in either head

Anyone with any suggestions for continuing my troubleshooting?

-Z

BTW, now that we know there will be a HT CC in Seattle...

WHO IS GONNA BE THERE REPRESENTING!

Zingbuddah,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

Bought a Bouge 510 cartomizer for the Omi and used it for a week with no issues on the V2.5 head. Now out of the blue I have these issues:

-Z

-Z

Does the omi fire the original carts? Are batteries charged?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Does the omi fire the original carts? Are batteries charged?

My wife was kind enough to inform me as I tried to operate the charger that this type of sensitive manuver needs to wait until after my current medication session.

But....dammit! Why do you ask the questions that seem to point right to the problem!

Thanks....will report back......later.....in the AM....

-Z

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
My wife was kind enough to inform me as I tried to operate the charger that this type of sensitive manuver needs to wait until after my current medication session.

But....dammit! Why do you ask the questions that seem to point right to the problem!

Thanks....will report back......later.....in the AM....

-Z

Because i have been there. No worries let me know whats going on tomorrow.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: OF

GR

I guess I shoted out one of my new 14250 batteries by inserting backwards after some extensive testing of the V2.5 tops compared to the V2, HVD, V1. The battery in question will no longer light the Omni top and when inserted in the charger the light stays green. So is it just Dead?

I thought the tops and the flashing was a protection from accidental directionally challenged individuals?

Testing the V2 against the V2.5, there is a definite difference in the V2.5s performance.
V2.5 mini against long tube the mini wins out slightly with fresh charge.
V2.5 against the HVD and Omni V1, I feel like the HVD and V1 hold the edge here. This needs another round of testing to confirm.

GR,

OF

I guess I shoted out one of my new 14250 batteries by inserting backwards after some extensive testing of the V2.5 tops compared to the V2, HVD, V1. The battery in question will no longer light the Omni top and when inserted in the charger the light stays green. So is it just Dead?

I thought the tops and the flashing was a protection from accidental directionally challenged individuals?

Testing the V2 against the V2.5, there is a definite difference in the V2.5s performance.
V2.5 mini against long tube the mini wins out slightly with fresh charge.
V2.5 against the HVD and Omni V1, I feel like the HVD and V1 hold the edge here. This needs another round of testing to confirm.

Putting the battery in backwards is a threat to the electronics not the battery. The unit is protected, put the batter in backwards and nothing happens....no flashing lights (that takes power and the only power source is backwards....). My guess is the battery is too discharged to 'trip' the charger (it doesn't recognize the battery and start the cycle). Leave it in for a while, there's a trickle charge function that should bring it slowly up in voltage high enough to get recognized, flip the light, and start charging normally.

I agree with most of your testing. Try the AW IMR 14500 instead of the 14650 in the long tube (use the long cap) and you'll find it tops them all (better than the 14650 by a long way), it will beat the mini. I think you should recheck the HVD (which I find identical to V 2.5) and V1. In my testing the V1 was a push against the original V2 which as you found is handily beat. The V 2.5 with 14500 is half a volt stronger, a HUGE advantage. Without measuring it, the difference is much easier to 'see' with 1.5 Ohm carts than 2.4s

OF

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Sheepishly I have to report that my issue was a small amount of glycerin on the 510 adapter that was causing the unit to flash. After testing with a normal cart proved successful, I wiped down the adapter...still no go. I ended up dunking it in ISO and wiping down to restore the connection.

Seems like any time I get in the adapter business I end up with an issue. So far the adapter Delta9 sells as well as the Ego Tank are the best bet for alternate

Now to do a little more field testing with my VG/THC mix....working great!

-Z

Zingbuddah,
Top Bottom