Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Jay420

So here is my ignorance, 5ohm at 3.7v is not a little more then 2.4ohm at 3.7v? I have lots of 2.4ohm carts and they hit weak, a few days of testing tells me a 5ohm cart at 3.7v hits 1 louder then 2.4s (ok it is .2 louder).
... Its alot less, did you check the numerous charts people haves posted in regards to wattage, volts, and ohms? Everyone can generally answer thier own questions with a little bit of time searching through this thread. I for one have read every page; I feel so proud :smug:.

OF

So here is my ignorance, 5ohm at 3.7v is not a little more then 2.4ohm at 3.7v? I have lots of 2.4ohm carts and they hit weak, a few days of testing tells me a 5ohm cart at 3.7v hits 1 louder then 2.4s (ok it is .2 louder).

Yes, they're about a push by the numbers. I've run 4 Ohms at 3.0 Volts (as low as my VV will go) and it still hits well IMO. Still too hot for PG in mild doses. I'd considered ordering fives to try even lower. That's 4.5 Watts, 5 Ohms on 3.7 is 5.5, 20% more power ..3 Watts, a fair drop but still in the same ballpark I'd think?

A subjective measure for sure, but I suggest those interested try it for themselves and see what they think?

... Its alot less, did you check the numerous charts people haves posted in regards to wattage, volts, and ohms? Everyone can generally answer thier own questions with a little bit of time searching through this thread. I for one have read every page; I feel so proud :smug:.

Hey, I checked, the numbers I got are above. Have I made an error?

Edit: Found the error, 5 Ohms at 3.7 Volts is only about 3 Watts, that's going to be thin, not sure how thin, but something like half the standard seems likely?

TIA

OF

OF,
Reactions: Jay420

GR

And yet charts mean very little to personal experience, charts , statistics and whatever else you got, my experience says a 5ohm cart hits better at 3.7v then a 2.4ohm cart. A 2.4ohm cart should not work at 7.4 v but when done proper hits at a lower temp with a strong vape which results in great flavor compared to a 5ohm cart at 7.4v that results in ridiculous clouds with crappy flavor since the oil was hotter.

Temp means everything to vaping.

GR,

JoeKickass

GR it sounds like you're looking for vaping performance, in that case I would stick with the 1.5 ohm's on 3.7v (they'll be better than any others you've tried at this voltage) and the 5 ohm's on 7.4v for the best performace/cart life ratio :2c:

JoeKickass,

THChemist

G I think your shipping department may be using your products a bit much because I'm still waiting for the rest of my HVDs that were supposed to arrive for the 2nd time lol. My express tracking # was bunk, I opened a ticket.

Is there any way the pass through could be a recepticle that the top screws onto? That way the HVD and V2 top will work without needing any tube. This would rock IMO.

THChemist,

GR

GR it sounds like you're looking for vaping performance, in that case I would stick with the 1.5 ohm's on 3.7v (they'll be better than any others you've tried at this voltage) and the 5 ohm's on 7.4v for the best performace/cart life ratio :2c:
Performance and temperature go hand in hand, flavore is also a function of temperature but does not necessarily link with performance, my needs vary, flavor is a big issue with me but there are times where performance overrids flavor. What I really want is an omicron that can vary temps to give the perfect vape for a certain oil , I have home units that can do this, I play with the omicron carts to also give me the some variationi but with certain strains I find I am in between temps I want. Oh well, it is a travel vape and that it does incredible well, Disney World with an Omni is the shit, seriously it is the magic kingdom when you have an Omni! At home is the Omni the be all? Not in my case, my Buddah will kick its ass in flavor and intensity but burning a 1/2g of oil in an evening is not something I sweat.

GR,

SD_haze

The issue I brought up earlier about my light not turning on? Looks like the mini blue batteries just weren't fully charged upon delivery. Everything is in tip top shape!

Here's a video I just made with some fairly low-quality bargain wax, still was able to get a really nice milk with the original 2.4ohm cart. Just hot enough to get the amount of vapor my lungs want to be filled with while still getting perfect flavor.

Mini tube fits in your hand really nice when using it with a bong, though I prefer the feel of the long tube when using it without glass.

SD_haze,
Reactions: Jay420

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
The issue I brought up earlier about my light not turning on? Looks like the mini blue batteries just weren't fully charged upon delivery. Everything is in tip top shape!

Here's a video I just made with some fairly low-quality bargain wax, still was able to get a really nice milk with the original 2.4ohm cart. Just hot enough to get the amount of vapor my lungs want to be filled with while still getting perfect flavor.

Mini tube fits in your hand really nice when using it with a bong, though I prefer the feel of the long tube when using it without glass.

:tup: on the Presidents of The United States accompaniment.

kindbeats,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Make sure to run it by us before it goes into mass production ;)

That would be too easy and been suggested before. Gary would rather let us be his paying customers be beta testers. I'm done with THC Scientific products until they get their act together. Its just not acceptable.

ru_frothi,

OF

That would be too easy and been suggested before. Gary would rather let us be his paying customers be beta testers. I'm done with THC Scientific products until they get their act together. Its just not acceptable.

Although I don't really agree things aren't tested at all before release (having been personally involved in such tests....), I can understand how folks could feel there should have been more testing after the fact. Nobody, of course, objects to early releases if there's no problems......

I think we as a group get some of the credit here. If you were to go back through this tread alone and delete all the 'are we there yet' posts from demanding customers we'd probably loose 100 pages! It's a safe bet that few thinking Capitalists risk the HUGE cost of free replacements/upgrades that follow. How much profit from each normal sale do you think they make? A single such return can blow that from a pile of such sales, I've been there, it's a dangerous game to play. Companies go under this way....

OTOH, most of those sales will still be there a little later in time if they don't know the status and start getting pushy and huffy at delays and go elsewhere. This is the reason most makers keep things close to the vest, not the THC style for a number of good reasons that fit their business model....for better or worse. This is the worse part. The part nobody wants it. Nobody.

I think the attitude that 'quick releases' are always motivated by quick profit is not always true. Look at how much time G and company spend giving free stuff away, they know the risks but take them anyway due to customer demand.....and as Pogo said 'We have met the enemy, and they are us'.

And to be honest with each other, we knew that being an 'early adopter' carried additional risks like this but didn't care as it would be 'no skin' from our noses (just a little more delay to get 'what they should have sent in the first place). The real risk is all THCs when you think about it. If it works OK we win with earlier products and they get to take a bow, if it goes South they pay the extra bills and we get to complain......

OF

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I think we as a group get some of the credit here. If you were to go back through this tread alone and delete all the 'are we there yet' posts from demanding customers we'd probably loose 100 pages!
Whilst I'll agree that there are an awful of those kind of posts which must add pressure, I don't think that any culpability can be directed towards FC. That hype and impatience was generated and encouraged - that kind of teasing is part of the business model here. If W9 feel pressured by customer expectations and time lines that they set themselves then that's only their own fault, not really down to members of FC at all.

OF

Whilst I'll agree that there are an awful of those kind of posts which must add pressure, I don't think that any culpability can be directed towards FC. That hype and impatience was generated and encouraged - that kind of teasing is part of the business model here. If W9 feel pressured by customer expectations and time lines that they set themselves then that's only their own fault, not really down to members of FC at all.

I've said it before, this is not my recommended business model (for this exact reason, as well as others..) but it is the model G picked, and it's his choice.

But can you really say that fear of backlash here for another delay doesn't impact decisions? Neither can I. We put pressure on him....daily...... That too, has consequences.

Guys who put out 'when can I have it?' posts aren't worried about the downside.

OF

Jhonny

nobody has ever forced him to put on act by posting his prototypes on FC.

Universe, Nail cart, new V2-3 Cartridges ... when will they ever be released, if they will be released?

At the moment he's still just selling the old (not properly working) cartridges and e-cig Mod's with 601 thread that he orders from china and that he doesn't test before sending out.
Not more and not less.

Jhonny,

JoeKickass

That he doesn't test before sending out.

I've had no problems with carts for months... taste & performance from newer carts is almost perfect
seems like they wash & pre-ox them to me :shrug:

and now HVD tops that a pen drop sets them off

Like OF said, you new guys are used to a different business model where you buy something and that's it. If you're lucky you can pay the maker like $30 and shipping to have them fix it but usually if it's broken you're out whatever you paid for it.

Things are a bit different here. If you have been paying attention, you would know that very quickly after users started talking about their v2's bump resetting, THC came on and explained that it is a feature for a future device. He also acknowledged the people who said they would rather not have it. He said unregulated 3,7v lockable v2 tops would be $10 and that momentary hvd tops that are lockable are also coming.

Among all this I posted a very simple fix that makes the locking feature work 100% and I, like many others I imagine, are finding that the press on/press off works just fine even for hvd and is kind of neat when using 2.4 or low power carts.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I have been paying attention, but honestly I whole heartily agree with Jhonny, and OF. For different points. Showing us future upgrades that are if not a year away in production like the nail cart, universe, and all his other little projects there's just no rhyme or reason, and by the time they are out, the competition, will have patents. I want to go on a tangent for a minute, and I know this is off topic, and you don't have to listen, but the D9V website. I feel like I am browsing a geocities page, in addition to which have of the products have no add to cart or any info, or prices. What is the point or business plan of putting things up with no pictures if they are not available just to confuse uneducated users? And the fact the few things that are up are outdated, regulated v2's that you admit was an error they were unregulated. Also the instance where as soon as people were getting errors and mad about the lack of an extra end cap, you take off the words on your website under the INCLUDED PARTS. How about some real editing. How about a power chart or OHM table or any helpful info at all. I know i'm nit picking, and maybe being an asshat but damn, going to the thermovape website is a fresh breathe. Now I love delta 9 vapes, and what they offer, and have all the respect for G, but since we mentioned business and approach, I wanted to share my thoughts on how a more helpful website and less about having 20 products you want to flood at once; you make a crowning jewel, your show piece, your main attraction, the coup de grâce. Then everything else falls into place around it. Hope I didn't offend anyone or come off as a nagging customer :cool:

brian420

I've had no problems with carts for months... taste & performance from newer carts is almost perfect
seems like they wash & pre-ox them to me :shrug:

Like OF said, you new guys are used to a different business model where you buy something and that's it. If you're lucky you can pay the maker like $30 and shipping to have them fix it but usually if it's broken you're out whatever you paid for it.

Things are a bit different here. If you have been paying attention, you would know that very quickly after users started talking about their v2's bump resetting, THC came on and explained that it is a feature for a future device. He also acknowledged the people who said they would rather not have it. He said unregulated 3,7v lockable v2 tops would be $10 and that momentary hvd tops that are lockable are also coming.

Among all this I posted a very simple fix that makes the locking feature work 100% and I, like many others I imagine, are finding that the press on/press off works just fine even for hvd and is kind of neat when using 2.4 or low power carts.
after trolling this website as a non-member for quite some time i can bite my tongue no longer, this post was what prompted me to sign up.

have you seriously been tricked into believing that the "bumping to turn it off" was an intended feature? have you not read the post a few pages back where one member figured out exactly what went wrong? there are THREE different versions of the "omicron v2" out there, go back a few pages and read up if you want to understand exactly what i'm talking about.

to sum it up, there are short end caps for the v2, long end caps for the v2, short long tubes, and long long tubes; there are multiple variations of these parts floating around out there. this is why the hvd upgrade is working perfectly for some and not at all for others, and this explains why some are having trouble with even the mini unit which ONLY uses the v2 end-cap.

you think its a coincidence that the light flashes 3 times when you first connect the battery, and that's also the same thing it does when the said bump to turn off "feature" is activated? its because the battery is losing contact... its poor engineering, not a "feature".

had to get that off my chest...

also, can someone please explain why on the delta9vapes website in the extract cartridges section it says to refer to the "instruction" tab for instructions on how to oxidize carts, but in the instructions there is absolutely no information regarding this? while this might be a nice looking product, its clearly been poorly engineered and poorly supported. when i first got my v2 i never even knew what pre-oxidizing was until i began reading this long-ass thread and discovered vaporpedia. funny how you guys act like its common knowledge though.

What is the point or business plan of putting things up with no pictures if they are not available just to confuse uneducated users?

his business plan is simple, hes the "boss" and so you should buy his products; at least that's what i've collected from reading his posts. THC scientific is the best because they say they are, just like plants crave Brawndo because its got electrolytes ;)

brian420,

OF

Hope I didn't offend anyone or come off as a nagging customer :cool:

IMO you shouldn't offend folks with honest opinion that's not out and out flames? It happens, though, doesn't it?

In this funny world, I find the TV website very hard to use. It seems to be better, or maybe I'm just getting a little more used to it, but I have lots of trouble finding listings of stuff I know exists.

Not that I too don't find your and similar issues at THC....

I think G is extremely informal in his model. He favors making customers inclusive early on, warts and all. Some makers make the sausage in the back room, we only see it when it's done and ready to go. I can assure you all makers suffer some setbacks like seem to be plaguing THC right at present. It comes down to how you ferret them out and what you do then.

FWIW, I'll have to give both some points for trying to make their responsive. THC tries to keep more customers from being mislead as problem crop up, TV shifts stuff around so things they can't immediately aren't offered.

While I wish both were 'better' (by my personal standards, although I think many are common to us all), I'm glad both these two very different makers are offering us exciting gear for our consideration. We'd surely be worse off without either of them?

OF

DubCRider

So much to say in so little time. I'm quite upset about how some people are handling this. Don't pre-order if you can't handle hiccups. Nobody is a tester or guine pig, it's just life. I used to check carts for a glow/heat but I have filled so many with no issues I just grab and fill. I can't wait for the new things to come out only to have people complain that their switch doesnt stay on and they have to hold the button. Some things don't come out as expected, be happy G is doing everything he can to make everyone happy. I would expect to see some of the above posts if he took your money and never returned calls. Don't be a fucking baby and whine, get on the phone and get it fixed! Closed mouths don't get fed and the ones that are always open can't chew.

This isn't the end of the world people, it can be fixed.

Mod note:
All members must be treated in a respectful and adult manner. All members should respect and adhere to the promotion of harmony within the community. Do not attempt to disrupt the community in any way.
No flaming. Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another member.

DubCRider,
Top Bottom