Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

brian420

So much to say in so little time. I'm quite upset about how some people are handling this. Don't pre-order if you can't handle hiccups. Nobody is a tester or guine pig, it's just life. I used to check carts for a glow/heat but I have filled so many with no issues I just grab and fill. I can't wait for the new things to come out only to have people complain that their switch doesnt stay on and they have to hold the button. Some things don't come out as expected, be happy G is doing everything he can to make everyone happy. I would expect to see some of the above posts if he took your money and never returned calls. Don't be a fucking baby and whine, get on the phone and get it fixed! Closed mouths don't get fed and the ones that are always open can't chew.

This isn't the end of the world people, it can be fixed.
a little logic and reason and you start name calling, i think its time to take a look in the mirror and consider your definition of a "fucking baby".

mod note- so your defense for the mirror comment is 'he started it'?

brian420,
Reactions: rufrothy

DubCRider

All I'm saying is don't come here and complain if you are not taking the steps on your end to get it fixed. If you called to get it fixed you probably wouldn't be in the mood you are, because it would be fixed.

DubCRider,
Reactions: Jay420

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
quite upset about how other people are handing something that they invest in to stay medicated for the better of their life? Interesting view you have there. There it is again.
I can't wait for the new things to come out only to have people complain
I'm sure another interpretation would be "I can't wait for products that aren't as advertised to come out, to have to answer customers questions about a product, when they come to complain about it. Also i'm sure as well, you'll still be waiting some more. On a side note, I love prototypes and G's generosity in letting users here test and improve. I love criticism, and iIve given it, and also have given high praise in many earlier of my posts.
Excuse the customers for being "fucking babies" that's always certainly the right attitude toward users that need help and instructions. I personally like the click on click off! I personally like detailing my views and perspective on a highly specialized market. Again I agree OF
While I wish both were 'better' (by my personal standards, although I think many are common to us all), I'm glad both these two very different makers are offering us exciting gear for our consideration. We'd surely be worse off without either of them?

OF
Surely we would mate. That's the truth

kushcabbage,
Reactions: OF

Ewog

one of my 3.7v blue batteries came with a small protrusion on the side of it. It still fits in the tube perfect and everything but I have yet to use it. Is it safe to use still even though it has this bump on the side of it?

Ewog,

OF

have you seriously been tricked into believing that the "bumping to turn it off" was an intended feature?

you think its a coincidence that the light flashes 3 times when you first connect the battery, and that's also the same thing it does when the said bump to turn off "feature" is activated? its because the battery is losing contact... its poor engineering, not a "feature".

had to get that off my chest...

Howdy, welcome to the fun. Thanks for your opinions.

Can I ask exactly it is you come to know this is not an intended feature? How are you so sure G is lying to us? IIRC someone usually in the know (Bob??) called it as a shut off feature before G got back on line????

Just for the fun of it, let's say you wanted to make such a feature happen. How would you do it? Use an inertia sensor, right? What is that? A spring loaded mass with a switch oriented in the right (down) direction? Like a battery? You might consider it extremely clever engineering from that perspective, couldn't you? Fine tune the spring a bit, remove the 'glitch crutch' storage cap from the circuit (standard to put it in, remember it's there on the original V2.....someone took it out....) to get the time constant under the bounce time and you're jake. No extra parts, no circuit board changes, cheap, simple, lots to recommend it perhaps.

You may also remember another weeks delay because the new spring was too short? You don't suppose that had to do with fine tuning this perhaps? I do.

You don't seriously think this was never noticed by them, it took us how long to spot it? I think it's intentional, perhaps misplaced for the 'unlocking' issue.

I understand what drives some of your other opinions, although I don't share all of them. But the above issue I take expectation to. I see noting at all that proves we're being lied to. I'll take G at his word, it's a (perhaps misplace) feature, at I think at least one forum member told us so before he did? He was on a 'time out' at the time as I recall?

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I am sorry that everyone feels this way.

I will stop posting about upcoming products and we will fix the issues for everyone involved.

I have asked the engineers to redo the top to every ones desires. We will replace tops and tubes.

HVD is no longer for sale until all questions are answered.

If anyone wants a refund on the HVD let me know. Offer ends 06-25-12 or wait for the new head.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Also I'd like to share I enjoy pre ordering and testing, I like how things work, and new ideas and ways to do things are very interested to me. I don't mind being delayed, shipment hiccups, testing delays, deign flaws, etc all to the better end for a better product for everyone. That's what it's all about

edit: to THC's post,
your customer support always amazes me, I know you want to make everyone happy and that is the hardest part of the game. We love upcoming products, they give hype, excitement, buzz, to the world. Something around the corner, we all want what we can't yet have ya know? There is always going to be praise, there is always going to be criticism, and sometimes unfortunately, negative concerns. I think personally you have handled this business well, and usually find my self constantly refreshing the page when your online to see what new idea you've come up with! Business ups and downs are part of the game, the game you get to decide to run, thats the nice part.

Question for G: Going forward, are orders for the HVD still being fulfilled? Or will all orders be put on hold until a new HVD cap that addresses the issues that other users are experiencing?

alwaysgrinding,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Question for G: Going forward, are orders for the HVD still being fulfilled? Or will all orders be put on hold until a new HVD cap that addresses the issues that other users are experiencing?

We will ship out all orders, unless people cancel.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

I am sorry that everyone feels this way.

I will stop posting about upcoming products and we will fix the issues for everyone involved.

I have asked the engineers to redo the top to every ones desires. We will replace tops and tubes.

Thanks, G, but please don't think we all feel alike on this. IMO we're all over the map, most if not all see something that attracts them going on (or they wouldn't be here...).

You call about being about upcoming projects (never an easy call), as you know I'm not a big fan of it but understand it too is a trade off. One thing sure it'll sure be a lot duller around here without the inside tips, photos and speculations....

I never doubted you'd make it all right. Nor frankly do I think any but a very few at best. Your history is clear. Folks just want it now. Strange, eigh? They don't stop to think that doing it the other way (the traditional one I advise usually) take LONGER to get to market....no matter what happens. The extra cost associated to the risk is all yours. If the cost goes up as a result of issues (as it always seems to) they're protected. They get the first shot at the first working units.

No, I'm wrong, it's not "they" it's "we", I'm in this too.

We can still look forward to innovative gear, it's just going to take longer to happen and we won't have a chance to supply out 'input' on how it should look and work. While it may make some happier (although they'll never know it) I think it's fair to say as a community we have suffered a loss.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys the accidental bump reset is a safety feature, there is no question about it.

Here is what it does.

Take the original v2, take out the cell ( battery and re insert it ) the light does not blink. Now insert it in the wrong direction, light still does not blink.

Now take the hvd head and re insert it and put the bottom cap back on. Do you see the light flash?

Ok now take the cell and insert it with the negative side first from the bottom, do you see the light flash?

Well this is a safety feature that has two purposes.

One it makes sure that the cell ( battery ) is inserted correctly, and also when dropped turns off in 7.4v mode because of the hammer option.

Now what we did to fix this issue is when you insert the battery it will blink, and then shut down. So no matter how many bumps it goes through it will blink but never turn on.

We are also working on doing click on/off feature, and also momentary like the original v2 button action.

All heads will be exchanged and you can keep the old hvd tops, but warranty will not be honored on them.

Also all heads will include a new tube, to make sure that the Logos line up.

OF

a little logic and reason and you start name calling, i think its time to take a look in the mirror and consider your definition of a "fucking baby".

I won't comment on what is logical and reasonable, but if the issue is name calling don't you think the above crosses a line? It's one thing to "kick ass" something else to "name names". The man was talking about non specific posters I thought, but if the shoe fits.....

Let me instead propose a perhaps more accurate, less obscene term? How about "self absorbed people who think they're entitled"?

OF

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
any form of negative de meaning behavior is not going to get us vapes faster :) And THC SCIENTIST, if that won't get 100 percent customer support I don't know what will, that is a generous exchange, although personally, I won't be returning as the HVD works perfectly well for my needs.

kushcabbage,

OF

I won't be returning as the HVD works perfectly well for my needs.

Let me take this chance to sidetrack this for a bit?

I too don't think I'll be returning the 'on/off' head although I plan to keep it separate and sure am not planning to loan it out newbies (but I've got enough gear to cover that.....). What I've found, as so often seems to happen, is an unintended use....driving the DART. Ironically I was first attracted to V2 was to get away from holding the slide up for long times (no time out) but of course I abandoned that when the low power issue came up there. But this one was intended to fix that, right? And it did.

Turns out clicking it on to start the half minute or so cycle to get the hit then off again is kind of natural since it's not the sort of 'on demand' hit Omicron is. Nobody cops a hit from their DART on the sly like can be done routinely with Omicrons. The key is keeping it linked to DART not Omicron carts, which I think I can handle. Maybe.

Anyway, I've found a reason to keep it as is that works for me too. And I too anxiously await the upgrades which will follow in due time, we all hope.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
the dual mode second generation hvd tops we are trying to do if we can will have this feature.

If you press it longer then 3 seconds the button will turn off when you let go, if you press it shorter then 2 seconds the button will stay on.

also when you shut it down with the 5 clicks it will not turn on until you 5 click it again. Even if it hits a bump or falls down.

this means when its on, and you drop it the unit will still turn off. Then you would need 5 clicks to turn it on again.

win win for all.

JoeKickass

after trolling this website as a non-member for quite some time i can bite my tongue no longer, this post was what prompted me to sign up.

have you seriously been tricked into believing that the "bumping to turn it off" was an intended feature?

have you not read the post a few pages back where one member figured out exactly what went wrong?

I'm flattered I inspired such a response but

as was just explained, THC says (and said long before your post) that it's a feature

whether or not you want it is something else (my mod really does work if you want to avoid this "feature"...)

The "one memeber that figured it out" was this (the post that you alone liked):

What do we know about the re-boot problem?

We know it is due to the end-caps, the change in V2 tube length and bad engineering. We know that early V2's (call them V2.0) came with protected batteries and a longer tube than current V2's (call them V2.1). I believe the tube was shortened in order to only allow unprotected batteries, and of course everyone will only use IMRs to be safe. However, we've seen one report of a "short" end-cap being too long - This would be explained ,if after the decision to change the tube was made, the remaining protected-capable tubes were shipped with longer end-caps to have the same effect as the shorter tube. Fast forward: D9 offers the HVD upgrade and uses a new end-cap instead of a 15mm spacer at the bottom of the tube. Oh no! There are three different configurations out there - V2.0 with the long long tube and short short end-cap, V2.0.1 with the long long tube and the long short end-cap and V2.1 with the short long tube and the short short end-cap. What will we do? We'll use a long enough spring for the extreme cases! Maybe an electronic engineer made this mistake, mechanical or power engineers would should know better.

Now if the on/off switch change is for the Reactor and the Hammer, then which future accessory was the cause to disallow the lower current but higher capacity protected batteries in the first place?

-NDA

Notice he doesn't actually explain anything, just complaining about how complicated several configuration is to him and blaming it on bad engineering.

But what's really funny is this, the post right above nicks, where THC actually says that it's a feature (hey didn't someone try to tell you guys that?)

guys that lock feature is in place for the hammer, when it becomes available, when the button is on if you tap it in place it turns off, this is because if it is dropped it shuts off instantly.

now joe has a little fix for it, thats fine and all, but please dont use it when have the hammer available for this top.

There is a reason to our insanity. Trust me i will give refunds to all who want it, but there is a reason to why i did it this way.

All will be seen end of next week.

We do have the 4.2v unregulated heads in and will be putting them up on the site in a few hours.

JoeKickass

If you press it longer then 3 seconds the button will turn off when you let go, if you press it shorter then 2 seconds the button will stay on.

I like everything but this, we need to figure out a way to let the momentary function work with split second presses, that's the whole point. You should flip it around, if you hold it for more than say 5s or so it will stay on (which would be fine for 2.4ohm) but if you hold it less than 5s it will act like the old buttons and the persei button (momentary on) and you can quick cycle it.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I like everything but this, we need to figure out a way to let the momentary function work with split second presses, that's the whole point. You should flip it around, if you hold it for more than say 5s or so it will stay on (which would be fine for 2.4ohm) but if you hold it less than 5s it will act like the old buttons and the persei button (momentary on) and you can quick cycle it.

But there is a issue with this, it will be a duration feature that people didnt like on the v1.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Thanks2

I enjoy reading the inside track on products that are coming out, it keeps me coming back to this thread to see the latest. Also, I like being the first to test out a product knowing that if there is any issues THC Scientific will more than make up for the inconvenience. Love the HDV, except for the lock not working well, glad the fix is in the works. Thanks Thc scientific!

OF

I'm with JKA, I think this needs a rethink. I'm too used to tapping that button to be sure it's ready to go..... And a random bump will still leave it running non stop.

I don't think the above will work, lot of us hit for more than a few seconds sometimes. That's the key, can't have it stick on just because this hit was a second longer than the last.

Rather I suggest something like it's always in normal (momentary) mode unless the user selects the on/off mode? I'm not sure right off how do that but as long as there's a firmware change needed......

Right now, if it's off and you hit the button five times it locks out. How about if it's on and you 'blip' it a few times in a row it then flashes back and changes modes? Thinking out loud here you know....

Say, anybody else notice making the 'perfect vape' ain't all that easy?

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I'm with JKA, I think this needs a rethink. I'm too used to tapping that button to be sure it's ready to go..... And a random bump will still leave it running non stop.

I don't think the above will work, lot of us hit for more than a few seconds sometimes. That's the key, can't have it stick on just because this hit was a second longer than the last.

Rather I suggest something like it's always in normal (momentary) mode unless the user selects the on/off mode? I'm not sure right off how do that but as long as there's a firmware change needed......

Right now, if it's off and you hit the button five times it locks out. How about if it's on and you 'blip' it a few times in a row it then flashes back and changes modes? Thinking out loud here you know....

Say, anybody else notice making the 'perfect vape' ain't all that easy?

OF

Currently the only way we can do it is the way we stated.

If pressed less then 2 seconds it will stay on, if pressed more then 3 seconds it will shut down.

The accidental bump will be fixed because we are going to change the firm ware to always say off when new battery is installed, but will flash to make sure right side is inserted.

as for current hvd heads, when battery is inserted it goes into standby mode.

I will talk with engineers again tomorrow to see what we can do.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Adobewan

Just my 2 cents worth of perspective.
When the Omicron V1 came out, I remember not really believing it would do what it claimed, having only used an Iolite before that. But it changed my entire mindset on cannabis intake. I became a fan-boy(see many of my posts) and got on board.
Seven months later(yes that's all) still loving my Omi V1, PLUS my V2, and my(incredible)Persei. I'm still waiting for my HVDs and G knows I'm steaming down here, but in the seven months I've been enjoying his innovation, I've been impressed with his customer service, the time he puts into tech support on this forum, educating us on carts, batteries, concentrates, etc, and his willingness to share his innovation at early stages.
I understand the "want it now mentality" it must be wired into us because not having those HVDs in my hand right now is making my forehead vein pop, but sharing ideas early is like an artist showing sketches of a painting he's planning. He's excited, feels you may connect with this(although can never be sure till the reveal), and he runs the risk someone may take the idea and run with it. There's a mix of pride, enthusiasm, and insecurity.
People smarter than me have posted G's business model is "casual". Let me add, in my observation G has primarily an inventor/designer mindset, and secondarily a business mindset, again like many creatives. That accounts for the open sharing on all levels from him, and the lack of a more considered website(which I believe he works on himself, large hat rack).
Looking at those seven months, I see no evidence to believe everyone purchasing the HVDs will not ultimately be singing G's praise. This bump in the road may take a few more days than we're used to but history says he'll make it right.
For those saying, "Man, this Adobewan has his head firmly planted in the warmth of G's posterior." I offer this. Would a snake oil salesman wear that same purple shirt every time you see him?
How about if we just give the guy some breathing room... so he can get me my F)*&#%' HVDs!!!!!!!!

jon_dojah

If pressed less then 2 seconds it will stay on, if pressed more then 3 seconds it will shut down.

The accidental bump will be fixed because we are going to change the firm ware to always say off when new battery is installed, but will flash to make sure right side is inserted.

I would go with JKA's idea but if THC's way is the only possibility than I'm okay with it. I can work with that and is a big step up from current HVD functionality

THC, your replacement offer is super-generous - Everything _I_ could want, plus the logo will match too. I really hope this makes everyone happy. I can't imagine any better support than what you have promised.

Regarding the timeout issue - There is a simple answer that you can "steal" from the Joyetech ecigs: The new Joyetech switch controller switches mode when and only when the button is held AND the 5-click lock is active. To do the same for the HVD top, you could have it switch between momentary and on-off by holding the button down, when locked for say 5-10 seconds, just like the ecigs work. Also, make sure that on initial power on the head "boots" to momentary mode - locked would be nice too, but the ecig guys didn't like that one.

-NDA

OF

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough, I didn't mean an accidental bump to the unit, but one to the button. In the unit you describe an accidental button bump would lock it on for a user who normally never sees it stay on. That is what you're describing is basically the same on/off deal that uses software to shut it off again if 'key up' follows 'key down' by more than X seconds. It's not really two modes as I read it. Time will tell.

I'm also not sure you need any flashing to confirm the battery's installed correctly. As long as smoke doesn't come out around the button, the user will find out soon enough something is amiss. It is a nice 'no cost' feature though. If you change the battery fast enough this 'feature' doesn't happen the the current V2 and nobody seems to complain? Did anyone but me even notice?

Fun stuff. Be fun to see how it sorts out.

Hey, I just got my replacement battery from THC, I got a battery to charge up and test, see all you good folks later...

OF

Top Bottom