Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

3 finger lids where the norm.

Had to be. They might have only been ten bucks but you'd need to smoke a gram or two to do the job as often as not. Lots of leaf, not much bud and that full of seeds. Hash, OTOH, was five a gram and much like what Europe gets today. Different world today, and the same at the same time. Fun.

On a side note, it's reassuring that the stoners of old (Post Wiz Kahlifa :lol: ) are mostly intelligent, I find most of my stoner buddies lacking in intellectual brain power so I come here to get my fill.

I'm not sure I'd link one to the other. What you're looking at is a somewhat select set of old school stoners.....those of us who've survived. Strange as we might seem, trust me there were guys way further out there.....you just don't see them these days....

Draw whatever conclusions from that that might make you feel better?

What's the old joke? "Why do you think they call it 'dope' anyway?"

OF

OF,
Reactions: Jay420

Jhonny

just an update on this:

the taste is getting better!!
Also filled a 2nd 1.5 cartridge yesterday.
Vaped alot with a friend and we had no problems, no clogs, no leaks, no nothing!
Just a bit of a metally taste that I hope will dissipate with usage.

But all in all I'm very happy with these 1.5 carts!!!

After 1 week of heavy usage, I still have no leaks, no clogs, no problems at all with my 1.5 ohm cartridges. I'm using different kind of oils/concentrates (also a very black & sticky one) they all work well!

My only concern is that they hit a little harsh to me and tend to irritate my throat if I vape to much. But if I use them at 3.2v it's ok but still not perfect, but with my bubbler it's simply amazing ;)

Do you think the 2.4 ohm carts would be the better choice for me? for a heavy usage on the go?
And is there a difference in taste between 1.5, 2.4 & 3 ohm cartridges?

Jhonny,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
personally, I found the 1.5 to be a bit harsh for my oil, tasted almost burned. I found the 2.4 just have a better flavor. This may not be true for all oils, or other people, but that is what I have experienced. You just have to have a tad more patience with the 2.4 to milk a solid hit.

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
You know, a LOT of years ago when I was first introduced to the evil weed a sage and wise guy answered my newbie questions about why 'ounces' weren't always the same size and weight with, "first off, they're lids, not ounces. Weed (in those days lots of seeds and stems with it) in a plastic sack. How big? Whatever two guys say a lid is at that point in time. And it's worth exactly what they agree it is, not what you or I think sometime later"

BTW, lids were usually ten bucks and were a handfull (literally) in a sack. Very few folks had scales of any sort, most of them were the $3 postal scale the PO sold at the time.....ironic as that is.

Then, as now, you decided if what was offered looked worth the money to you, only now we have much better strains, better selections and improving testing to help. Prices have gone up some as well.....

OF

Before even those olden days the original "lid" was the actual filled top of the Prince Albert tobacco tin. Also that was a source of cigarette papers (rolling papers were only available with tobacco). When baggies became the norm that amount became a nickel bag's worth, roughly one finger. But as OF pointed out how much it was and how much it was worth varied from source to source.

How long ago was that kiddies? Well, I paid $75 for my first "key" (kilo).

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
You know, a LOT of years ago when I was first introduced to the evil weed a sage and wise guy answered my newbie questions about why 'ounces' weren't always the same size and weight
OF

not quite as old as some, but damn those yrs are creeping up and that same question persisted. my generation was all triple beams so ounces were troy ounces so 32g not 28g. a few of the lower end sellers who had large markets had digital scales, but they were over $100 and back then a bill was a lot of money. as triple beams are damn expensive and only held by large growers regulation of amounts where in their hands, but as digital scales dropped in price and became more popular we all watched our "eighths" go from 4.0 to 3.5g per. the seeds and stems were gone and hydro had just taken off. the quality was high so that .5 gram drop hurt like hell. i know how lucky i am to have started smoking in the NW just when this shit got great. even luckier to be able to grow it for myself and my patients now.

"Word" to the growers, the old school stoners, OF, Sinclue, Bob, everyone, I love this thread!

cheers to all that! cheers to the newbs who listen and learn, cheers to the old school who keep learning new tricks, cheers to the thinkers breakin' the stoner stereotype! oh and fuck alcohol :cheers:, jk.
back at ya jpdnkstr

Yo! I was spoiled!! these guys round here had hefty trsh bags Full of outdoor! and packed sandwich bags for 10 bucks!! it was great until we found out they were pushin alot more than trees, And the spot was hot.. remember 500 dollar o's of OG!! hash plant White Widow & her many cousins from canada!! Northern lights!! Irene!! times change!!! now its Omicron, Persei, and extracts!! HVD's and soon Reactors!! Salute Gary & FC!!!

JoeKickass

i know how lucky i am to have started smoking in the NW just when this shit got great. even luckier to be able to grow it for myself and my patients now.

I feel the same way about living in Cali:

Even though we're still getting everything worked out (questionable dispensaries & weird lab test #'s) we're still at the very bleeding edge of cannabis technology and research.

Where else in the world can you get legal access to hundreds, maybe thousands of strains?
What about the variety and potency of hashes and oils and waxes?
And the huge numbers of edibles and topicals...

Having come from the black market scene where the guy has one or two strains and some shitty hash if you're lucky, I can say it's literally changed my world since I got my card.

OF

Having come from the black market scene where the guy has one or two strains and some shitty hash if you're lucky, I can say it's literally changed my world since I got my card.

You know, guys, Joe might not be much to look at, and sometimes he misspells a word or two here and there, but he sure can speak the plain truth when he's of a mind to can't he just?

I still can't get past the receipt part.....my 'connections' of the past never offered that. And no way can I bring myself to use a credit card.....it's just not right somehow. Not much worth missing 'the old way' is there?

I'm sold on the idea. Sure cheaper grams would be nicer and all but I'm OK with the deal now.....the old dealers not withstanding.

OF

Jared Leibowitz

thank you thc scientific for sending me some extra cartridges!! great customer service forsure.

i see on the vaporpedia it says to not hit the V2 with the white caps. now, when i got my V2 it came with a black cap that goes on the cartridge so i was confused. but now with my new 1.5 carts it came with 2 white caps. one that literally goes into the cartridge and has a tiny needle hole and then a big rubber cap. i'm assuming the little one that plugs into the cartridge is the one i don't hit with the vape but i hit it with just the rubbery cap? and im assuming the little cap that plugs into the cart is used for storage when i keep it in my car?

Jared Leibowitz,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
you are correct, the tiny white disk shaped one, that goes down into the cartridge should not be in place while using the Omicron. It is mainly for storing the cart, use to plug it up to prevent leaking. The big silicon cap that is over an inch long, can be used directly on top of the cart, as a mouth piece.

if you keep them in the car, they are boud to over heat and leak... just fair warning. At least try to keep them up right.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

JoeKickass

I still can't get past the receipt part.....my 'connections' of the past never offered that. And no way can I bring myself to use a credit card.....it's just not right somehow. Not much worth missing 'the old way' is there?

I use my card every time... it totally finishes off the experience imo. No more counting out cash for me!

Sure credit history might come back to get you, but this sure isn't the only skeleton in mine...

goody8504

THC Scientific, I bought a rarely used Omicron V2 in the classified section here on FC from SalamiCity a couple days ago. I was going to order one from delta9vapes but I saw his post about needing to sell some things because his dog just had $10k worth of surgery and I wanted to help him out. He's used the unit a few times and knows it works so I doubt I'll need to send it in but do I still need to buy the $60 warranty in case something were to malfunction in the future?

goody8504,

SD_haze

You know, guys, Joe might not be much to look at, and sometimes he misspells a word or two here and there, but he sure can speak the plain truth when he's of a mind to can't he just?

I'm sold on the idea. Sure cheaper grams would be nicer and all but I'm OK with the deal now.....the old dealers not withstanding.

OF
Receipts are fun, but definitely my favorite would be one dispensary that offered a 5% cashback rewards program
:love:

Unfortunately they were taken down during the most recent san diego closures. Re-opened, but no more rewards program :-/

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys Prometheus Video as it was promised.

This machine is used for thick liquids, and i do mean thick Thicker then honey.

This is what we do. We build. Stay tuned as full testing of this machine gets underway end of this month.

JoeKickass

Guys Prometheus Video as it was promised.

This machine is used for thick liquids, and i do mean thick Thicker then honey.

This is what we do. We build. Stay tuned as full testing of this machine gets underway end of this month.

Wow that looks fancy... is that really going to be cost effective for dispensaries or is that kind of your pet project for supplying people in your area?

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Wow that looks fancy... is that really going to be cost effective for dispensaries or is that kind of your pet project for supplying people in your area?

Well we are a Tech Company boss, one thing we do is Vaporizers, the next thing we do is make machines like Prometheus, then we will go into other areas. We are not limited to Vaporizers like some others are.

Vaporizers just established us and help finance some of our other projects.

Remember we are still working on the solventless extraction process, and many other projects that are not based on vaporizers, We revolutionized the industry with the pure oil cartridges, it might not have been perfect but it started a industry where you see many knock offs and companies coming in because of us. Before us people only had the glycerin carts.

This machine is for other companies who would like to purchase it and fill cartridges.

Thc Scientific Research and Development still goes on. I just dont talk about it anymore.

Hoping there will be one to use at the L.A. walk-in store

Just Wait.

nickzzzx

My jaw dropped when I realized what the Prometheus 100 does from that video. You guys are just taking it to the next level, setting the bar, all that jazz. Can't wait to see what you guys are coming out with!!

nickzzzx,

OF

Cute. Reminds me of the way .22 target ammo is made (also in 10 X 10 loading plates that self meter). There, with the much higher volume other refinements are done like a series of plates that would self orient and load the carts (drop them through a slot based on the heavy end going in before the light one). A worker puts a large hand full of empties on the top, sweeps them around until all the slots are filled, sweeps the excess off into the bin again before pulling a center plate from the pack that allows the case to drop down heavy end first. Very high precision at good speed can happen this way with a good operator...better precision than bigger, more expensive, automatic loading systems used for standard .22 ammo....or they would do it that way.

I bet it's kind of a mess if it goofs up? I knew a guy once that worked for the company that made the machines Planters puts the peanuts in the little plastic bags. Bunches of peanuts are literally shot into the air with an air jet as the bag is wrapped around the bunch and gets sealed off before it's cut loose from the strip of plastic. At blinding speed. He had fun videos. Lots of sensors to shut it down, but still when it happened you'd end up with 25 pounds of peanut butter and shredded plastic and stuff.....everywhere. He had high speed photos (10,000 frames a second) trying to figure out why. Turns out a single peanut usually does, it gets loose from the bunch and fails to be included inside and usually bounces out (workers would collect them later), every once in a while it bounce back the wrong way, distorts the tape being fed it a bit....... Wow, talk about a mess! A peanut butter explosion in slow motion. Make a great U-tube.

A few years back I taught a troubleshooting class for the maintenance guys at the local Ghirardelli Chocolate plant. Turns out the make the world's supply there, or did at the time at least. Fun process, really. They're molded in trays of corn starch which is later shaken off and recycled. They take in raw beans, mix and roast them all right there. They have the same sort of jams....only in this case that's mighty expensive chocolate in there......everything's already sanitary.....they pull 5 gallon buckets of shards out and sell 'em in the shop in bags. I've watched impromptu teams of workers sorting through at flank speed, chattering away as such folks to when 'in the groove' at work. I ate pretty good for a while....

Fun. Need someone to come run your machine? I won't need much training and I'll work for scraps.....

OF

OF,

Bodhi Diesel

Cannabis Snob
Been out all day at a "hippie wedding" by the river and needed to make a few quick comments here.

4 finger lids for $10 were the norm around Huntington Beach in '64. Of course I also lived in a tool shed behind a friends house too.

The Prometheus 100 looks quite interesting and brings back memories of '72 and filling Evenflo 500ml glass baby bottles with oil. Tedious work, but the perks were nice.

I am looking forward to what comes down the pike from THC & co. I anticipate some jaw dropping revelations in the years to come. Keep up the good work for the good purpose!!

Bodhi Diesel,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm down for the solvent-less extraction... though would this end up being something only big companies can afford to get into, or will this be for the DIY type people who are small timing it? even better, for both...

Top Bottom