Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

JoeKickass

Pure Gold is a little confusing lately. I have seen one dispensary in LA(although I imagine there are more) with the indica version. It's up to the dispensary to know which they have and remember most budtenders aren't that up to speed on product variances so when in doubt, make sure they know what they are talking about.

I believe the darker Gold was introduced with more lemonines(?) to give it more color and perhaps flavor but I don't believe color on its own determines whether or not sativa/indica.

As for the vials, they supposedly were reintroduced because they ran out of the caps so went back to vials temporarily(two months) according to a couple dispensaries.

So right now, as far as I know, neither color nor type of container is indicative of sativa or indica, dispensary will have to steer you to the right one.

The indica/sativa puregold has got to be just marketing...

Look how they make it:
http://tetralabs.com/puregold_technical.php

Tetralabs themselves just buy any cheap hash oil they can, take out everything but the cannabinoids and the resulting stuff is almost always identical:

Regardless of the material given to us, finished batches of PureGold are nearly identical. More specifically, the relative percentages of the various cannabinoids vary insubstantially from batch to batch.

And the darker pure gold has more "flavinoids" I don't even know if it actually has more terpenes specifically...

We occassionally produce variations, such as PureGold Plus, which contains more flavinoids than PureGold Classic. Flavinoids are anti-oxidants and also pigments, which gives PureGold Plus its deep amber color. Other than addition of flavinoids, PureGold Plus is identical to PureGold Classic. Both have identical effects although tasters report that Plus is slightly more flavorful.

JoeKickass,
Reactions: rufrothy

jambandphan03

in flavor country
M601 is correct...

just for example: https://www.vapesafe.com/m601-usb-pass-through-ecigarette.html although the idea of this PT might be interesting to some, keep in mind that any automatic battery will not be a good choice to use w/ Omicron cartridges, if any airflow gets blocked, they will not activate. I do know that smaller cig sized batteries w/ the push button are often listed as M602 http://www.absolutelyecigs.com/battery-m6012-p-116.html again for example purposes.

I do however, reccomend you get the Ophos passthrough battery, it's great!

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
The indica/sativa puregold has got to be just marketing...

Look how they make it:
http://tetralabs.com/puregold_technical.php

Tetralabs themselves just buy any cheap hash oil they can, take out everything but the cannabinoids and the resulting stuff is almost always identical:

Regardless of the material given to us, finished batches of PureGold are nearly identical. More specifically, the relative percentages of the various cannabinoids vary insubstantially from batch to batch.
[/I]

It's interesting that it doesn't matter what strains goes in, the thc/cannabinoid profile is still similar. I wonder if its the extraction process or just a pretty consistent cannabinoid profiles. Wonder what pure gold extracted strictly from harlequin, cannatonic, or some other high CBD strain would look like

Puffers,
Reactions: NoName

GR

It says it expires tomorrow on the web page:

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Omicron-v1-upgrade-to-O%2dPhos-Black

I'd like to upgrade to black, too. Oh, well, something to think about too much I guess. I wish I wasn't so distracted by the V2 and Persei and 8 and.....

In other news, I emailed both the companies that offer the '510 to M601 adapter' needed to put Omicron carts on normal 510 power supplies. One has been out of stock (pre order?) for a long time, the other unresponsive. I have a few from each on order (I'd hoped). I emailed them both this morning and they've both responded, one saying 'tomorrow', the other 'this week'. The race is on, time for USPS to loose 'em soon I'm thinking.....

I'll let you good folks know when they get here and how they look and work. One is chrome brass (I have one already) the other claims to be Stainless Steel. Can't really solder to stainless, but I think most guys would prefer it?

Anyway, will advise.

OF

Lol, my indecision has not allowed me to ever take advantage of upgrade offers. Still I seem to end up with all of these great products at full price, good for the company as far as I am concerned bad for my bank account, yet good for my head.

Please keep us informed about these adapters, I am a big ecig user and have tons of 510 threaded batteries that have lasted me a long time.

In another post you mention user error and I have had my fair share learning to use the Omicron but I have also had a good number of product failures as well, from batteries, chargers , carts, and a V2, however all problems have all been easily resolved by sending a ticket in. I can't say enough about the customer service we get from buying from THC S and FC is a great resource for helping the learning curve.

GR,
Reactions: OF

JoeKickass

Of note to anyone with the v2 or persei charger:

I measured the current with a mostly full battery (4.19v but still turns the light red) in channel one and a partially charged battery (3.8v) in channel two. Current fluxuated and pulsed but channel one never received more than 500ma and channel two never received more than 750ma, so this charger does seem to have two separate channels and can safely charge two different lithium batteries.

As a side note I accidently shorted our v2 14500 imr on the current setting and as the meter started beeping in anguish and before I started to burn my fingers I couldn't help but notice the current:
13.56 amps

In other words don't put them in your pocket with your metal keys, they're nuclear powered...

SD_haze

Was there ever a definitive answer on figuring out if you got one of those pre-oxidized carts?

Got a new one with my warranty replacement and don't want to oxidize if it possibly already has been and then burning it out all together.

SD_haze,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
iirc their engineer sent stuff out w/out tracking it. if you only hold it for a few secs at a time you should be in the clear either way. i pre-oxidized my tester carts and didn't burn any of them out

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

OF

Of note to anyone with the v2 or persei charger:

I measured the current with a mostly full battery (4.19v but still turns the light red) in channel one and a partially charged battery (3.8v) in channel two. Current fluxuated and pulsed but channel one never received more than 500ma and channel two never received more than 750ma, so this charger does seem to have two separate channels and can safely charge two different lithium batteries.

As a side note I accidently shorted our v2 14500 imr on the current setting and as the meter started beeping in anguish and before I started to burn my fingers I couldn't help but notice the current:
13.56 amps

In other words don't put them in your pocket with your metal keys, they're nuclear powered...

Interesting test. Did you change slots and try again? You might consider it. Or next time you have the meter and the charger at the same time, switch to Ohms and measure between the slots....they're connected together inside...zero ohms. In fact if you open it up you'll find a wire connecting the two negative slot base plates, it's black in mine.

One channel, no electrical difference.......

Like I said, you'll also find this on well respected Maha and C Crane chargers for NiMH cells. But that same 13 Amps (and I think much more) is available from one battery to trash the other potentially. I use mine with caution.

OF

OF,

DubCRider

Does anyone here use one of those charger bags? I know battery explosions are possible but how many go "the safe route" when charging?

Uce

Reggae boomblasta slowvapor coughfasta
@dubc

Don't you believe it should be there fault if the equiptment
We're to blow up..bag or not..I see scam..

AND WHERE THE FUCK G GO ON THE VACA?
Thanks to all us cart PERSI V2s ophos and omi buyers hahahah

Uce,

DubCRider

He isn't on vacation, he had a death in the family. I think he is on "timeout" here as well...

DubCRider,
Reactions: Uce

Uce

Reggae boomblasta slowvapor coughfasta
Omg dam I'm sorry for that ten had no clue

G keep ya head up man

Uce,

JoeKickass

In fact if you open it up you'll find a wire connecting the two negative slot base plates, it's black in mine.

One channel, no electrical difference.......

There's a big difference between one lone channel and a common ground, sometimes about 12 amps of difference actually.

The negative sliders are connected but the positive plates feed into two separate places on the pcb inside. The resistance between the positive contacts is pretty close to zero when it's off but some transistor must open when it's charging because no matter what battery is in what channel, the charger (both channels) always delivers an appropriate amount of current. The full 700ma for low batteries, and tapering off as they charge.

Does anyone here use one of those charger bags? I know battery explosions are possible but how many go "the safe route" when charging?

I don't use one. As long as you don't charge batteries when you're sleeping or away from the house....... just know where an oven glove or something is just in case you need to unplug a burning charger :science: (pretend the beaker is a melted blob)

JoeKickass,

OF

There's a big difference between one lone channel and a common ground, sometimes about 12 amps of difference actually.

The negative sliders are connected but the positive plates feed into two separate places on the pcb inside. The resistance between the positive contacts is pretty close to zero when it's off but some transistor must open when it's charging because no matter what battery is in what channel, the charger (both channels) always delivers an appropriate amount of current. The full 700ma for low batteries, and tapering off as they charge.

Ever meet an unpowered transistor junction in full conduction with zero resistance? Neither have I.

OK, here's another measurement/test you can do:

You need the charger, a charged battery, an Omicron cart of your choice and your Ammeter. Put the charged battery in one slot. No power to the charger. Now ground the barrel of the cart to the negative contact of the other slot. Use your high Amps range to connect the positive terminal of the open slot to the center pin of the cart, completing the circuit. What do you read? I just got 1.42 Amps and took a nice hit in the process. Driven by the charged battery through the charger.....

One channel, two parallel slots. One indicator. If the light doesn't describe the only channel, which is it? 1 or 2???

Hey, here's another idea for a test, plug two fully charged batteries into the charger, one backwards..... Just making a point PLEASE do not really try that, I think it could be especially dangerous, more so if they were IMR batteries.....

OF

OF,

NoName

Gentle Friends,

I've just had a most pleasant turn of events around our favorite bulk concentrate carts. A few days ago I was shopping at Harborside in San Jose with the BIL. For those that don't know it, this is the 'smaller sister' of Harborside Oakland, Steve from 'Weed Wars' place. First class, 100% tested stuff. On the menu was Pure Gold for $30 a half (normally $40), but it came in a new package. A tiny little vial with a cork. I'd heard stories that this was bulk oil being 'put up' locally (denied by the store manager who wondered by and chatted some). It looks and works like the real deal to me, the vial is engraved like the larger one that used to contain the capsule. So I got a couple to try out. I also got some spare carts, seven bucks a copy, $32 a box! Basically show price (plus tax, of course). This was a few days back.

This morning I decided to load one up and try it out against the PG cart I have going. I reflexively reached for my trusty number 10 funnel (which I flared out to a perfect fit with a screwdriver blade) and the oil soaked toothpick end in the little plastic bag with it I keep for such things. On a whim I pulled the loading tool from my new V2 and looked at it. I'd bought a couple when they first came out and was disappointed with the bulk and poor fit so went back to my trusty cake tip (free from PV at the time). The thin cake funnel seemed more responsive to heating. When I wasn't paying attention G went and fixed the tool. It's much lighter and fits better by far. I decided to use it. I lined up the slots and then discovered th
e vial fits neatly down the tool and rests squarely on the bridge holding the plug for the tube. All I did is stand it up on end (upside down and corkless of course) at room temperature for a while, it drained right in on it's own. No heat needed. There's a tiny bit left in the vial that's now settling back down off the walls, I'l have a second go with it sometime but for now we have a flameless, no brainer load that works great. No priming either. I didn't run the cart at all (2.4 Ohm) before loading to test this point out.

I put it on my VV head, and turned it down to 3.0 Volts and tried a quick hit. Instant vapor, the wick was primed and ready to go. A dozen or so hits later in two sessions over several hours and not a sign of a leak or any issues at all. I'm thinking of turning the voltage up to 'normal' 3.7 levels (really closer to 3.3 it seems) but for now it's such a treat right where it is. IMO the combination of 'tasteless' carts (when that happens), these vials and that loading tool will make those first loads 'falling off a log simple' for the new guys. And hit PG a bit too much and falling over is exactly what you're likely to do. If you get a chance, try it out.

OF

NoName,

Grow

I just went to the Delta9 store and 1.5 carts are no longer available, does anyone know if this is temporary?

Grow,

NoName

@OF

Thanks for the Harborside SJ update. I just returned from there and was able to pick up a box of 2.4ohm carts (they also had the 5ohm carts, but no others) for $32&tax. I also tried your 'gravity' load method with the pure gold vial - Dude, absolutely brilliant. I just set it in place, went about my business - and when I returned, Voila!, DONE!!! Thanks so much.

I'd also like to mention that Harborside SJ also had the Omicron V1 single kits for only $80 - AND THEY THREW IN A FREE GRAM OF HASH OIL!!! I had to pick up an extra V1 for 'emergencies' LOL.

NoName,

VAPORIZER22

Yea, PV rocks. Never taken more than 4-5 days to get shipments from them. Very fast even with the small packet ground shipping considering the distance traveled.

VAPORIZER22,

OF

@OF

Thanks for the Harborside SJ update. I just returned from there and was able to pick up a box of 2.4ohm carts (they also had the 5ohm carts, but no others) for $32&tax. I also tried your 'gravity' load method with the pure gold vial - Dude, absolutely brilliant. I just set it in place, went about my business - and when I returned, Voila!, DONE!!! Thanks so much.

I'd also like to mention that Harborside SJ also had the Omicron V1 single kits for only $80 - AND THEY THREW IN A FREE GRAM OF HASH OIL!!! I had to pick up an extra V1 for 'emergencies' LOL.

Hey, you're welcome. I'm going back later this week to leave more of my money there. Glad you got in on it. I hope they keep that packaging going, I like PG that way much better. So cool the way it all fits and it loads itself. A few more to stash are clearly called for....

Eighty bucks, with charger, fill tool, an empty cart and a gram of oil to fill it? Gotta be sure to not notice that.....I really don't need another Omicron V1.....

For a small shop, they're pretty cool IMO. Lots of that Harborside Oakland class, but different menu and seems to me an even more relaxed atmosphere? I met the manager, very positive guy, asked me 'what can I do to make it better for you' as an opening line. Hard not to support a positive pro customer attitude like that, isn't it?

Thanks for the feedback. Get on it guys....

OF

OF,
Top Bottom