Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Xchadb said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Xchadb said:
Just got my omicron few days ago, love it! Just orderd a revolution kit, i feel like what the omi has goin for it is max efficientcy and longevity. I wanted something that could do both herb and errl (but tv has a biger bowl than what seens like the herb cart thats comin soon) ive found for wax, using the sharp edge of the car i just scrape wax with it directly into the chamber and then melt down, much easier than the paperclip method haha.

That unit you have ordered to use has some issues, you need to constantly load it, That unit melts all your liquids at the same temperature, and yes you do get bigger clouds, but there is a trade off, you have to constantly load it. It is a glorified atomizer, you cant dose your oils like the Omicron cartridges, This is where the issue is. You have to walk around with tools and jars for the whole day.

With our design you dont have to worry about loading countless times a day, specially when your out and about.

Our nail cartridges produce the same vapor, last as long as that device, So yes the Omicron can produce the same vapor. Cost way less and be more portable.

Until i try it ill never know. With thicker waxes there have been claims of storing a lot more than jusr a few hits. Thats what i like about the omicron, i never have to mess with it, just a simple charge everynight alongside the phone every night.

We are humbled that every other company uses our name to sell their products, We are the company to compete with, this is why everyone either makes their vapes to hold our cartridges, or when doing comparisons They compare ours and not other portable vapes.

Currently we have no issues with competition as long as people state the truth from the start.

Only time will tell.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
I have had a LOT of fun with my omnicron - it is a very high qual pen. The key is really mixing the fluids right ... once you get that down its way better than you might think on your first go

chrisPdaddy,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Jeppy said:
jambandphan03 said:
Well, I didn't mean I was going to improve THC's design necessarily, just on the concept in general. I see your point, how can I know what he's got if I don't buy it, well if the photos posted above are what he is using, I know what that is. If that is not accurate, then I guess I won't know. It's a mute point as I don't have the means to use it right now anyway.
Yes, you are right. Your point is moot. :)
thanks for pointing that out btw... it makes for such pleasant conversation.

jambandphan03,

OF

Guys,

I got my Revolution this morning. I also have four Omicrons (two sets) and highly recommend them. I don't really see them in the same category. The Omicron is a purpose built machine to deliver useful 'no brainer' meds for long times. It's an appliance. Given the right materials, it does a great job, better IMO than anything else out there. You can hit it on autopilot, it delivers.

Revolution isn't refined that way. It doesn't time out, you have to pay attention and do that part. While I still trying to sort it out, bubble hash looks like a hassle at least in that you must stop after a while (I got four solid sessions) to clear the part that doesn't melt out as it blocks the works. Omicron won't even start here, of course, at least not yet. For those who like 'big clouds' (OK, who doesn't really at least a little from time to time), the Revolution is your buddy. IMO you can cause yourself serious harm with it if you're not careful. It no doubt uses more oil in the process, but I don't think that was the issue.

Each has strong points in it's favor, neither seems poorly thought through or made from shoddy or dangerous materials. Both have their uses and areas where they excel. Fortunately, I don't have to choose between them. Not only would I not want to, but right now it wouldn't even be a fully informed decision. I can't tell you which to pick, but sincerely feel that the Omicron is an excellent product as described, should that suit your needs.

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
mflb_hustler said:
Just the idea of 400+ hits off 1gram is just a wonderful ratio

Its not just an idea but a reality some of us have been enjoying for a while.

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
OF said:
Guys,

I got my Revolution this morning. I also have four Omicrons (two sets) and highly recommend them. I don't really see them in the same category. The Omicron is a purpose built machine to deliver useful 'no brainer' meds for long times. It's an appliance. Given the right materials, it does a great job, better IMO than anything else out there. You can hit it on autopilot, it delivers.

I look at it as the competition is good for the consumer (me). Look at all the innovation in this space in the last 6 months. exciting times. can't wait to hear more about the revolution and anything else coming along.

been lovin on the Pure Gold lately. that stuff does create the biggest clouds off of a single button press.

ru_frothi,

Vitolo

Vaporist
tharealmclovin said:
Does anyone have one of the carbon fiber omicrons from Planet Vapet
Yes, I do.
It has that special film with light reflective texture. My friend's comments tell me they find the unit attractive!
Photoon2012-01-15at0644.jpg

Thanks PlanetVape!
Carts currently filled and in service
Blue Dream Wax
Black Crude (clogs, needs 5-6 primes every time!)
Alaskan Ice Ear Wax
My own home made Amber Glass Shatter

Vitolo,

OF

Vitolo said:
tharealmclovin said:
Does anyone have one of the carbon fiber omicrons from Planet Vapet
Yes, I do.
It has that special film with light reflective texture. My friend's comments tell me they find the unit attractive!

Oh, yes, and they were soooo right! It really is you. You were clearly made for each other.

I've got three words for you, Vitolo, accessorize, accessorize, accessorize!!

OF

OF,

Darb

chrisPdaddy said:
I have had a LOT of fun with my omnicron - it is a very high qual pen. The key is really mixing the fluids right ... once you get that down its way better than you might think on your first go

What fluids are you mixing?

Darb,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Xchadb said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
That unit you have ordered to use has some issues, you need to constantly load it, That unit melts all your liquids at the same temperature, and yes you do get bigger clouds, but there is a trade off, you have to constantly load it. It is a glorified atomizer, you cant dose your oils like the Omicron cartridges, This is where the issue is. You have to walk around with tools and jars for the whole day.

With our design you dont have to worry about loading countless times a day, specially when your out and about.

Our nail cartridges produce the same vapor, last as long as that device, So yes the Omicron can produce the same vapor. Cost way less and be more portable.

Until i try it ill never know. With thicker waxes there have been claims of storing a lot more than jusr a few hits. Thats what i like about the omicron, i never have to mess with it, just a simple charge everynight alongside the phone every night.

We are humbled that every other company uses our name to sell their products, We are the company to compete with, this is why everyone either makes their vapes to hold our cartridges, or when doing comparisons They compare ours and not other portable vapes.

Currently we have no issues with competition as long as people state the truth from the start.

Only time will tell.
yea exactly, well you guys were the one that started it all so, congrats...me and everyone eles are just enjoying the competitive market now, cause we get to enjoy all the end results :) excited for the nail cart

Xchadb,

VirginHarvester

Looks like a two pack stainless from Planet Vape is only $119 now, whereas I recently paid $150. :( Black finish was not available at the time either. :(

VirginHarvester,

OF

VirginHarvester said:
Looks like a two pack stainless from Planet Vape is only $119 now, whereas I recently paid $150. :( Black finish was not available at the time either. :(

Free shipping too. Fast (5 days for last order) but I did get a sub ten dollar charge for the funny money they insist on using up there. Good folks. BTW, it was a bit cheaper around Christmas. IMO not a big deal, you'll only end up spending the extra money on drugs anyway.....

OF

OF,
I have a friend who has been working with this technology and pointed me to the ThermoVape. This video shows the TV guy taking a Omicron cartridge apart and comparing the parts to the Omicron and another device. I was interested in the difference of material between the plastic in your cartridge and the teflon he draws a distinction to as well as the grade of ceramic. Can you comment on this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Txuf1yPf8o&feature=player_embedded#!

EDIT: I own an Omicron

Norcaloilman,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Norcaloilman said:
I have a friend who has been working with this technology and pointed me to the ThermoVape. This video shows the TV guy taking a Omicron cartridge apart and comparing the parts to the Omicron and another device. I was interested in the difference of material between the plastic in your cartridge and the teflon he draws a distinction to as well as the grade of ceramic. Can you comment on this video?

Interesting first post, Norcaloilman.... very interesting. :ninja:

Vitolo,

DubCRider

Vitolo said:
Norcaloilman said:

Interesting first post, Norcaloilman.... very interesting. :ninja:

I had the same assumptions as you Vitolo, pretty ironic first post.

DubCRider,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Yup, that was very informative. For anyone else watching this skip to 6mins when he starts the first dismantle to save watching a painful extraction :lol:

J.R.R.Tokin',

Darb

J.R.R.Tokin' said:
Yup, that was very informative. For anyone else watching this skip to 6mins when he starts the first dismantle to save watching a painful extraction :lol:

Ya, I wasn't going to say anything but he sure isn't a mechanic!
Must be his first time using tools of any kind.....

Darb,

tharealmclovin

Has anyone tried putting QWISO in the Omicron?? I know some comes out dry but I have some gooey melty stuff

tharealmclovin,

DubCRider

ISO oil will work, but not that well. It still contains some plant matter that will clog the cart up.

DubCRider,

tharealmclovin

DubCRider said:
ISO oil will work, but not that well. It still contains some plant matter that will clog the cart up.

Thats what i figured maybe ill just do some baking with my QWISO.

tharealmclovin,

moonbeamz

Whoa! is it just me or did that TV video guy just tear the crap out of the "competitors" products, when he had the tools right there to carefully take them apart. How could you tell what was inside when they were so mangled up?? I won't let that sway me from wanting to try the Omicron out just so you know :p

moonbeamz,

shobi

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Xchadb said:
Just got my omicron few days ago, love it! Just orderd a revolution kit, i feel like what the omi has goin for it is max efficientcy and longevity. I wanted something that could do both herb and errl (but tv has a biger bowl than what seens like the herb cart thats comin soon) ive found for wax, using the sharp edge of the car i just scrape wax with it directly into the chamber and then melt down, much easier than the paperclip method haha.

I see with this other unit you only get about 10 hits per battery charge (it uses 2 batteries). They include 6 batteries and a charger with their kit.

How many hits/minutes will the Persei give per battery charge with the various battery configurations?

shobi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
shobi said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Xchadb said:

I see with this other unit you only get about 10 hits per battery charge (it uses 2 batteries). They include 6 batteries and a charger with their kit.

How many hits/minutes will the Persei give per battery charge with the various battery configurations?

The 3.7v 2600 mah will lady about 500+ on the oil cartridges. 7.4v imr I think is 750mah will last about 150+ on the oil carts.

For the herbal chamber it will be less hits, but about twice as much if not better then that unit.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Canna Hound

Vapor test pilot/glass freak
As controversial and bias as the perspective of the above video by Norcaloilman; it is refreshing to see a company show off all of their technology in an industry known for a lack of full disclosure...

To see the video posted here is not completely off base only if Norcaloilman's intentions are as pure as something really f*ckin pure! To get away with posting a comparison video(sales video really!) favoring a competitors product in the thread of a device as ground breaking as Omnicron has been and continues to be; that requires a level of integrity I find in few other people in the world. I truly hope your motives are for the betterment of the community, anything less is just plain pitiful, and embarrassing in my opinion.

This would be a very definite black list of the entire TV product line, from at least me; if TV directly posted the above video in this thread as a sales technique under a different user name. For me personally, I can't support business ethics of that nature. I have been planning on buying a TV/Rev, and still do. Competition is great for everyone; shitting inside a brother's house to feed yourself is something I will never be able to support, no matter how hungry for a new toy.

The comfort provided by the diminutive size and lack of odor emitted from a fully loaded Omnicron with my smooth, homemade, light gold oil, resting without white cap, only mouthpiece, ready to deliver medicine on a moments notice, invisible to all, in the front pocket of my jeans is priceless. No leaks, clogs, and just great flavor with the potency required to do the job... I am also certain the TV/REV have a place in my arsenal, but I do not think of them as being built for the same purpose.

Sorry for the rant, I would really love to see these two companies in collaboration than competition. For me, I can see benefits to both sides and a new enough market for everyone to feed their families; not to mention the benefit to the end users. I can imagine an endless variety of portable vaporizers of the highest quality!

H

Canna Hound,
Top Bottom