Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

BrownsBearsBeers

2 thoughts:
are there tobacco cartridges. I would feel better about taking this to a show if i had one cartridge of tobacco in the machine and my other cartridge in my pocket. Could demo it with the tobacco and switch once inside.

has anyone come up with a little tube that seals to bring the omnicron around with. I think the device smells like hash oil a bit and have been trying to find a little tube with a lid to carry it around in my pocket. I was going to check out a cigar shop to see if i can find a large plastic one that it will fit it or see if i can find some kind of tupperware.

i brought mine to my only friends that only oil. While they at first seemed a little disappointed as they take huge tabs from their mini bubble rig, they quickly saw how easy and portable this was. They kept playing around with the omicron to see how they could get the biggest hits. they had the best luck with pressing the button but not sucking for one cycle. then doing it once more while sucking. some impressive clouds were formed.

love this machine. keep up the good work.

BrownsBearsBeers,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
BrownsBearsBeers said:
2 thoughts:
are there tobacco cartridges. I would feel better about taking this to a show if i had one cartridge of tobacco in the machine and my other cartridge in my pocket. Could demo it with the tobacco and switch once inside.

has anyone come up with a little tube that seals to bring the omnicron around with. I think the device smells like hash oil a bit and have been trying to find a little tube with a lid to carry it around in my pocket. I was going to check out a cigar shop to see if i can find a large plastic one that it will fit it or see if i can find some kind of tupperware.

i brought mine to my only friends that only oil. While they at first seemed a little disappointed as they take huge tabs from their mini bubble rig, they quickly saw how easy and portable this was. They kept playing around with the omicron to see how they could get the biggest hits. they had the best luck with pressing the button but not sucking for one cycle. then doing it once more while sucking. some impressive clouds were formed.

We will look into this tube as it is a good idea. thank you.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
So I have been playing with my Omicron for a month now, and it's time to review it!
Id like to thank THC Sc. for their awesome communication & customer service during all the process!

Efficiency: 10 ?Yes efficiency is subjective we all know that here on FC. I think the efficiency of the Omicron is directly linked to the product it is designed for: CONCENTRATES! As we all know here a hit of BHO is much more efficient (time to reach a certain high level) then any herb or hash. After loading several grams of diferent concentrates I can condifently say 1g of high end concentrate will rock your world for approx. 5 days! And I'm talking 5 days of a tokin' mammuth with a fucked up tolerance level! I have been travelling, working, house-watching, partying, snowboarding, with this thing... I only have a pen + 1 spare battery in my pockets and get fully medicated all day: THAT IS DAMN EFFICIENT TO ME!

Vapor & Taste: 8,5 This section is also totally related to the product you are using with your Omicron. My home made concentrates are amber rocks. They keep their taste for approx. half of the cart, then it goes on the neutral spectrum. With the correct technic, this bad boy produces thick, visible vapor at every hit...Really impressive! When the taste of the concentrate vanishes I can very slightly taste the silicone mouth-tip in my vapor... Nothing unbearable!

Ease of use: 9
PROS : The e-cig concept is REVOLUTIONARY, period! When you have the filling tool the process is REALLY easy VS. if not, I admit it is another story. Without the filling tool the quote here would be 6 max! The battery life (when used correctly) is pretty honest and will take you through a full day of work. The priming is easy. I have experienced no cluggs or leaks. The full charging process is 3H30 approx. so the double kit is totally justified!

CONS : 1st: as if, meaning as a BHO vape only... It is still not an "easy to use vape" for many EU stoners. As BHO is almost inexistant here (and in Europe generally) and considered difficult to do... Many prospects will not see the interest of this vape yet! Yes the new carts will definitely change this opinion!

2nd: the button process, and not forgetting the 5 sec. max heating time is a burdden for some... It seems to be a pretty good feature to me.

3rd: this vape has a lurning curve and several tips/technics to be fully experienced. It is maybe not the best newb' vape out there!

Durability: 9? I have read that the carts are one use only (if that was my experience, I would quote 7 here) though I have only used 3 carts and I have been refilling them flawlessly since them! The batteries are pretty good if you take care of the screws and contact portion with the cart. The whole SS design makes it fell safe and durable!

Aesthetics: 9 ?Again I'm an Apple Addict, so give me a brushed stainless steel aspect electronic BHO dubby and I'm HAPPY! ;-) . It looks slick, can be stored vertically, fits in my pocket...perfecto! The glowing button is nice though in sun light it is difficult to see the blinking/or not! The silicone tips get the amber color pretty fast and I'm not sure they will like an ISO wash! This thing with a reclaimable glass mouthpiece would be da BOMB, IMO!

Versatility: 7 as if! Today it is still "only" a concentrate vape + an e-liquid potent vape...which is already pretty versatile and very useful for many of us (not carrying e-cig + accessories AND vape + acccessories). SOON TO BECOME A 10, even 11 (LOL): when this will be my only device for : herb, resins, concentrates and e-liquids... I will safely say : this vape has changed my world!

Overall: 8.75 ?OUTSTANDING VAPORIZER ! Please consider that it reaches "ONLY" 8.75 with the "as if version"! Therefore if the new carts + the anounced pretty impressive accessories are added to THC Sc.'s catolog as stated, THIS VAPE WILL PROBABLY BECOME THE ONLY VAPE ABOVE 9,5 in my book!

Additional Notes & Tips:

-Always try to store the Omicron vertically.

-When the unit is dead cold, do 3 x 5 sec button pushes before inhaling. At 4th pressing, start inhaling!?

When your vapor is getting weak though everything is normal and your Omicron is hot, 2 solutions:

-Unscrew the cart and gently heat it to make sure the BHO goes down to the heater.

-Insert a hot or ISO needle it the cart's "reservoire" to push the stuff toward the heater.

I hope that was usefull to some! ;)

FLskwat,

OF

BrownsBearsBeers said:

Yup, sure have:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001307MMA/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

Very neat little cigar humidors. And the price is right. For less than 12 bucks (shipped) you get four. One for each pen and a couple of spares. The pens can rattle a bit, but a narrow strip of plastic packing foam fixes that handily. Likewise, I cut a little disk of the foam from the same (1/4 inch thick) sheet (came as packing on something else) for the bottom to give it something soft to 'land on' at the bottom of the tube (the rubber mouth piece takes care of the top.

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
ya man, The omicron is the answer to everyone's problems.

*Lost your job? Use a omicron ( ideas might flow and you might get a new job offer )

How about "Hate your job? Use your Omicron in the lunch room, your boss is almost sure to 'make you available to the industry' and solve that problem"? If the bastard fails to respond properly, at least the nature of work is gonna change some in the near future? I mean some will take it more serious, but it won't be dull......

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
FLskwat said:
Awesome Review)

Great write up. Echo's a lot of my sentiments.

Variations in concentrates dictate the sweet spot in the usage. Priming and hitting this thing varies a lot by product. Great to see you found the sweet spot for your concentrates.

For me, Pure gold for example no priming is necessary. With co2 earwax on the other hand if I put the unit down when really hot it might take 4-10 presses to get it melted and rocking.

BTW: been comparing PG to some other concentrates for harshness and I have to admit it might be a bit harsher than some of the others. It might be because its some damn pure and potent. I think the NitroOG and most of the other ear waxes are slightly less harsh. but who knows.... the bubbler adapter will certainly help in that respect.

ru_frothi,

bruno13

insomniac
FLskwat said:

Aesthetics: 9 ?Again I'm an Apple Addict, so give me a brushed stainless steel aspect electronic BHO dubby and I'm HAPPY! ;-) . It looks slick, can be stored vertically, fits in my pocket...perfecto! The glowing button is nice though in sun light it is difficult to see the blinking/or not! The silicone tips get the amber color pretty fast and I'm not sure they will like an ISO wash! This thing with a reclaimable glass mouthpiece would be da BOMB, IMO!

Nice review. I really hate the mouthpeices and hope they are replaced with something better soon. @thc: Any nice drip tips comming soon? :)

bruno13,

druminfected

rufrothy said:
druminfected said:
I've been reading this whole entire thread and on page 65 at the moment, but I had an omicron for over a month now but haven't even filled it yet because I want the most information possible on it, and I wanted to know before I fill my first cartridge if I should see if the coil glows first before I fill it or is it a bad thing to light it up without any oil.

Press the button and look down the hole. If it glows then you are good to go and fill the cart.

testing the cart will not break it. sitting there running the heater constantly without anything to cool it would burn it up.

There is a big difference between scenario 1 or 2.

seriously, load the damn thing and join the fun.

Hahah Rufrothy, I know right! I'll finally fill my cartridge up tomorrow and finally know what it's like! I actually Read every single page of this thread now! That's how much I love this thing and haven't even tried it yet! lol

I think this omicron's secret is it's energy to run it is 1.21 jiggawatts!

druminfected,

druminfected

THC I was curious if you do any advertising for the omicron and persei other than forums and word of mouth? That's how I found out about the omicron just doing lots and lots of research and found out this to be the best one.

Just wondering because more people need to know about this, since it's the first and best one out there. Was curious if you plan to put an ad in like High Times for example or will continue to just use forums,youtube vids, and word of mouth for exposure for all of the THC Scientific designs?

Also do you have a Twitter? if not you really should, since you have these awesome products. Let the world know! I would totally follow you and then would know whenever some new news comes out instantly! Thanks about that too, if you don't have one already, if you do let me know your handle!:)

druminfected,

VirginHarvester

BrownsBearsBeers said:
2 thoughts:
anyone come up with a little tube that seals to bring the omnicron around with. I think the device smells like hash oil a bit and have been trying to find a little tube with a lid to carry it around in my pocket. I was going to check out a cigar shop to see if i can find a large plastic one that it will fit it or see if i can find some kind of tupperware.
Yeah, I went by a cigar store and owner gave me a metal cigar tube he had laying around. It also has a screw on cap which is cool. Only reason that might not be good for taking to events is if security checks purses/bags, pockets for bottles or things they don't allow in. If it's a non-smoking environment they might wonder why you're taking a cigar in. But other than that it works great and being metal protects the Omicron. OTOH, a plastic one wouldn't set off any detectors if you happen to be entering a venue they actually metal-detect.

VirginHarvester,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
VirginHarvester said:
Omicron. OTOH, a plastic one wouldn't set off any detectors if you happen to be entering a venue they actually metal-detect.
Really??? The plastic container would keep the omicron from setting off a metal detector? Wow. :o

Jeppy,
BrownsBearsBeers said:
2 thoughts:

Hey buddy don't have a pic to upload yet but I found a stainless steel pen cap
That fits over the whole mouth piece and all and snugs itself shut on the screw on sleeve of the omicron..
This is ideal hence it looks like a writing pen! I love it! Very stealthy for those of us
How have to bust a James bond to get medicated.

Hope this helped get out there boys and find your pen caps..

~Kosher Kush

Kosher Kush,
Jeppy said:
VirginHarvester said:
Omicron. OTOH, a plastic one wouldn't set off any detectors if you happen to be entering a venue they actually metal-detect.
Really??? The plastic container would keep the omicron from setting off a metal detector? Wow. :o

The metal detecter would grow right thru the plastic and detect the metal..

Not a fun time trying to tell airport security that one =]

I don't advize taking one *in pocket* to the airport. If you do snag a pic in use in bathroom!

~Kosher Kush

Kosher Kush,

Vitolo

Vaporist

touch to view video
Yes... it needs to be melted going in.
It hardens very very fast. 3.5 grams yielded .6
No clogs whatsoever.... perhaps because it turns back to "glass" so fast.
(Could just be a real "proper" functioning cart too...)
Has anyone else had such great luck with "shatter"?

Vitolo,
Vitolo said:
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/th_BHO.jpg
touch to view video
Yes... it needs to be melted going in.
It hardens very very fast. 3.5 grams yielded .6
No clogs whatsoever.... perhaps because it turns back to "glass" so fast.
(Could just be a real "proper" functioning cart too...)
Has anyone else had such great luck with "shatter"?

Shatter is wonderul in the omicron. One con is if your shatter
Is of higher density it hardens back to it's glass form when it cools down in the cart.
ive had to prime full charges 3-7 times to get the glass to melt down to vape standards..

Awesome vid looks like medicinal alchemy teq..

~Kosher Kush

Kosher Kush,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Vitolo,

All my home-made DIY run results are very similar to your video (aspect and handling wise, sound on the plate, etc...):

On the left the amber from hash on the right the one from weed! :D And I must say my Omicron is pretty damn happy and me too with these weekly menus! Flawless medication since day 1!

FLskwat,

VirginHarvester

Jeppy said:
VirginHarvester said:

lol, really, guess a plastic container wouldn't make much of a difference.

VirginHarvester,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Well im looking at the Herb Chamber cad drawing, and the options.

All I can say is :o

Soon You will know why we are the best.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Nosferatu

I'm looking to get an Omicron right now but looking at the thread it seems so many parts and updates are about to come out. Is all this going to be built around the same omicrom model or is a new redesign of that going to happen soon as well? I don't want to buy it only to see the better version come out right away. But if everything's going to be built off this same model for a while I'm definitely going to get one!

Nosferatu,

VAPORIZER22

Well after reading this entire thread and researching the Omicron I decided to take the plunge. Ordered the double set on planet vape. Loaded up a cartridge with some Blueberry Wax. It has a very soft clay like texture at room temp and turns to liquid with some heat. Was fairly easy to load using the filling tool. It took a few minutes to prime. I also went back and reheated the top of the cart to make sure it was going down the cartridge. Once I got it going I was able to get some nice pulls. The Blueberry taste comes through nicely and I am very medicated. Thanks THC Scientific for making such a great product. Looking forward to getting in some more sessions with it and loading up some different meds.

VAPORIZER22,

Piquant

Kosher Kush ...please give us some pics of your pen cap disguise. Maybe a manufacturer name also so i can get one with a good fit.
I was thinking exactly the same thing....
Either that or an actual working "dummy" pen top. Along with a pocket clip that fit the wide end + possibly a plastic clip/band that prevented the power button from unwanted activation. As long as I'm dreaming.

Maybe a glass smoking tip that looks like a pen tip or cap?

Viva La Omicron!!!!!!!!! Smokin' Everything.... EVERYWHERE....

Piquant,

BrownsBearsBeers

Thanks for looking into a case THC

Kosher Kush, can you please give us pics or any info on the pen disguise. Store where you got it, any info on the brand or pen/model, even a pic of the UPC so we can use a phone app to find it. very curious by this.

I also like the idea of a sealable steel tube. sounds most semll proof to me. I think its retarded of anyone to fly with this. I will see if I can hit up a cigar shop this weekend or theres a huge one next time i go out to my rooommates rents place.

somewhat strange question; how do people store concentrates such as BHO. Currently mine is on parchment paper sealed in a glass jar in the freezer but wondering what others are doing

my coworkers were angry i didnt my new toy to the hockey game tonight

BrownsBearsBeers,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
VAPORIZER22 said:
Well after reading this entire thread and researching the Omicron I decided to take the plunge. Ordered the double set on planet vape. Loaded up a cartridge with some Blueberry Wax. It has a very soft clay like texture at room temp and turns to liquid with some heat. Was fairly easy to load using the filling tool. It took a few minutes to prime. I also went back and reheated the top of the cart to make sure it was going down the cartridge. Once I got it going I was able to get some nice pulls. The Blueberry taste comes through nicely and I am very medicated. Thanks THC Scientific for making such a great product. Looking forward to getting in some more sessions with it and loading up some different meds.
You read 80 pages of pure unadulturated bullshit! Just kidding. :D Everything we need to know is in these here pages. :)

Jeppy,

VAPORIZER22

Jeppy said:
VAPORIZER22 said:
You read 80 pages of pure unadulturated bullshit! Just kidding. :D Everything we need to know is in these here pages. :)

lol...Was an interesting read for sure. It's funny because when I loaded up my first cartridge and could not get it going I tried all the tips and tricks others had stated about warming up the cartridge. The wax I am working with turns more to a solid when it cools so I really had to heat the top portion of the cartridge to get it all the way down. At the end I used the wet paper towel method and a torch lighter and that did the trick. When it was not all the way down it took forever to prime and had more of a metallic taste but once I got the wax down there the hits were smoother and tastier and primes with two 5 second bursts. I really needed a Indica concentrate for sleep and I am really enjoying the medicinal value and efficiency of the Omicron with this Blueberry wax. I over did it on my very first session because I was just sitting there in amazement puffing away not wanting to put it down.

VAPORIZER22,

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist
VAPORIZER22 said:
I over did it on my very first session because I was just sitting there in amazement puffing away not wanting to put it down.
:lol: Ya... Just a little food for thought: If you have a limited amount of carts, try to get more then 1G of a particular concentrate at the club. That way you can just add smaller amounts of the exact same concentrate and keep the cart alive longer.

Jeppy,
Top Bottom