Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Thank you for offering assistance

Thank you, I seem to have gotten the Omicron working again, hopefully for good now. I had more time today and discovered I had mixed up some old carts with new carts. Didn't realize the difference until I took them apart. I loaded up a fresh cart with some admittedly better substance(light amber vs dark), and for about an hour now it has worked flawlessly. I seem to have hit every road bump along the way, but I think I've made it. I look forward to getting good use out of this device.

The customer support and science behind the Omicron has been great, no knock against them and I can't wait to see this technology continue to develop

Glad it is working follow the simple rules and it the cartridges will work for a long time.

Always fill about .5 - .6 use the good stuff. Black looking things dont work that great

Inhale right before you push the button and keep inhaling for a few seconds right after.

Do a dry inhale of about 10 seconds in between hits to cool it down and then rinse repeat.

Refill when it gets to about .2 of oil left.

lockie

I was just wondering if anyone has tried using wax that was half taffy and half honeycomb and/or a fully taffy wax on the Omicron v2/HVD. If anyone has any experience with those specific types of wax, some info on them would be great!

lockie,

OF

I was just wondering if anyone has tried using wax that was half taffy and half honeycomb and/or a fully taffy wax on the Omicron v2/HVD. If anyone has any experience with those specific types of wax, some info on them would be great!

Yes, be very careful of 'taffy'. I ruined one cart that way and nearly a second one. Too much junk in with the good stuff, it fouled the cart wicks and they refused to feed.

The second time I got smart and did the foil test first. When the stuff didn't melt quickly and flow easily before vaping cleanly away I knew not to put it in a new cart and waste the concentrate and a cart.

Run a foil test, if it doesn't pass, pass on it.....

OF

DubCRider

You put a small piece on foil and heat it from beneath the foil(freebase). If all you have left is foil you are good to fill, if you see anything left behind it will gunk up the insides and if nothing happens at all you need to find a new source for your meds.

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
You put a small piece on foil and heat it from beneath the foil(freebase). If all you have left is foil you are good to fill, if you see anything left behind it will gunk up the insides and if nothing happens at all you need to find a new source for your meds.

Cool, Thanks DubC!

Atomsk,

ictus

Hey guys. I picked up an omicron v2 from the LHS today for a great deal. Has 2.5ohm cartridge.

Brought home and loaded around 0.1g of some shatter like qwiso/hexane oil. Was surprised with probably over 50 clouds, many of which were bong-massive. Crazy.

Mine had no user manual, and the first one I found online was only about filling. So I thought I could clean out my cartridge with ISO.

I first turned my cart upside down and put torch to the side bottom... Thinkng "this will help any extra oil escape so I can see whats left". Exactly what the manual says not to do. Of course the seal broke and something shot out the bottom, and I could see a white plastic seal.

Is that cart toast? I pushed this metal pin back in and it looks the same as before, but I have to assume its destroyed. Thankfully they are cheap but what do you guys think? I have some other oils to try and would be great if my cart could be used again.

ictus,

OF

Is that cart toast? I pushed this metal pin back in and it looks the same as before, but I have to assume its destroyed. Thankfully they are cheap but what do you guys think? I have some other oils to try and would be great if my cart could be used again.

Yeah, it's dead. I would suggest trashing it rather than loosing concentrate with it.

You might want to review loading before your next adventure. .1 is not enough. You want a minimum of about .2 in there or the wicks run dry and all sorts of bad stuff follows. You should load a half a gram at first (not more, and not much less) and then top it up when it drops to .2 over when new.

I've no doubt you got some vapor out, but nothing compared to what you'll get if you feed it right.

Best wishes.

OF

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have been using bubble has in the herc 3.7 ..
A special bubble hash prepared like sand... I am having great success with it.
You need to use product that will shake and move about freely.

Vitolo,
Reactions: OF

tharealmclovin

I should elaborate on my answer. Sorry was in a rush this morning. Pressed wont vape all the way through. Powder will work great. Once it's pressed though the center won't vape. Atleast for me.

tharealmclovin,

Joeymutz

The stuff I made works the same way with the cloud pen. It burns it not all the way if you mess with it though it will burn it. I went ahead and bought the hercules anyway to give it a shot.

I will report my experience once it comes in. I've been looking for a vape pen that isn't messy when using oil and the clod is and also has to be played around with too much. The persei seems like it will use all the oil, no mess and at least the 7.4 is confirmed to vape anything. So I think I found what I needed. Thanks for the info. Any one else using the 3.7 for dry hash please chime in with your results.

Joeymutz,

rcflo

Got my 14500 tube in on Monday! (ordered friday late afternoon, +1 D9). I love my omi even more now. I feel that my 14500's perform even better now without the need of the filed down aluminum spacer in the normal tube. Possible?? I know the new AW's I got with the tube are obviously in better shape than my slightly older ones, but i seem to experience faster (pretty much instant) warm up times now with all of my 14500's, (DART). Right from a cold start, i can start pulling immediately upon pressing the button with plenty of flavorful vapor production right away. This is absolutely the way it was meant to be. Anyways, big shout out to Gary and D9 for getting this tube out and having outstanding service once again... order was hooked up with more drip tips than i will ever need, and even more Omicron and D9 sticker love than that :tup: Did i mention how small this makes my omicron now? Helped out a lot the other day, running from dr to dr for xrays and such for my injury from over the weekend (which made my monday morning delivery even more gratifying). Two discs in my tailbone fractured, first displaced 7mm, second 9mm with slight impaction :cry: However, no nerve damage, and no surgery :bowdown: , I will just have a bent tailbone from now on. Here's to the next 6 months of recovery with my best friend...
ssut.jpg

greenmunster

My omicron never really worked well and both units stopped taking a charge (or charger broke??? still not sure how to figure out which is the problem) about two or three months after getting them straight from delta9. I spent time on their website even filling out a ticket trying to get someone to help but i never recieved any sort of response. So pretty much spent $180 to use a omicron 2 or 3 months. awesome :shrug:

greenmunster,

VAPORIZER22

My omicron never really worked well and both units stopped taking a charge (or charger broke??? still not sure how to figure out which is the problem) about two or three months after getting them straight from delta9. I spent time on their website even filling out a ticket trying to get someone to help but i never recieved any sort of response. So pretty much spent $180 to use a omicron 2 or 3 months. awesome :shrug:

Submit another ticket or try calling them. They have great customer service and will help you diagnose the problem and/or have you send it in.

DubCRider

Where are you located? Give them a call at the office and you will be promptly taken care of. If you are in the Bay Area I can come meet up with you and get you going again.

bigreed

Hi I have a concern. I have had my omi for many months now #5*** and have used it with no issues for many months I "mastered" 1.5ohm cart lasting many fills with no clogs and great taste using high quality substance
I purchased my v2 from a local shop because they said it is one of the safest to use. From then as I learned with the 2.4ohm I purchased each cart individually at my local shop.

Today on my 11th or so cart I did my first refill of .3 in a 1.5ohm that i originally loaded .5 into. 3 hits into the same batch of substance the cart has begun expelling ronchy matalic smelling, tasting and almost painfull vapors.

I brought my issue to the local shop and was met with no knowledge of what has caused this or if its still safe and one 1 option. To buy a new cart and put 50$ in it...

I feel that this cart is defective to say the least and is not safe to inhale.. I was met with much resistance in the percei thread when I followed another member in voicing this problem. Can anyone tell me Wtf is giving off this disgusting odor? Is what ever is in my smelly cart in all carts? am i huffing soder? What makes these carts safe?

bigreed,

tharealmclovin

It may have something to do with that profile pic...When I read your post I imagine that guy talking. LOL.

Like I said in the Persei thread...Some taste more than others...in fact, i bet that headshop had old carts (The ones we all had issues with for awhile) and now you have it. If its that bad, buy another cart and transfer your oil to the new one. You will probably lose .2-.3 though

tharealmclovin,

bigreed

So just dont worry about that nasty taste and smell just buy another one and hope it doesn't have it too...? Very solid example of ignorance

bigreed,

tharealmclovin

how about you buy a cart from D9 instead of from the headshop that most likely has last years version? I still say 2.4's are the way to go

EDIT: I notice you only read the parts you want to read. So good luck Mr. Negative

tharealmclovin,

tharealmclovin

it is not hazardous. OCD people like yourself make a big deal about it. They will not take a cart that is full of oil. that is why there is no warranty on them.

tharealmclovin,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Shouldn't d9 the carts my shop has in stock if it has hazardous issues?

The taste and smell you keep mentioning are not hazardous to your health. Unpleasant? Yes. Harmful? No. Just so you know, I stopped using the standard carts for the same reason. Taste is extremely important to me and I was finding that 9 times out of 10, the carts tasted like crap. I use the Hercules 7.4v for oils now and the taste is absolutely amazing.

kindbeats,
Top Bottom