Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Good question, I tried it in fact. It kinda backfired on me, spit some nasty hot oil into my mouth in fact. I did get some good vapor but it ended up leaking quickly. I drained it back out and put it in a 2.4 and suffered through. It stalled out part way into the second gram so I fed the rest of it to my Revolution. Tasty SD oil but lots of extra junk in it I guess.

I've had some lower grade oils that worked great and had a couple of 'can't miss' $50 grams recommended by bud tenders crash and burn. One 'taffy' fouled two carts in a few tenths (I couldn't believe it so I wrecked another cart....). Price is no real indication. Light color, firmer nature and (most of all) clean evaporation seem to be the best clues. I've also found high percentage THC concentrates work better (I assume because there's less 'other stuff' in there?).

Any one you want. They're standard size "drip tips" in the trade. However, Omicron carts come with some very nice soft ones that work very well. I think most of us use them?

OF

Has this happened to you lately?

I think the 1701's are almost done and should fix all issues with the current design.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

OF

Has this happened to you lately?

I think the 1701's are almost done and should fix all issues with the current design.

Has what happened to me lately? I covered several topics......

If the question is have I repeated the experiment expecting different results, there's a name for that.

I'm hopeful about future products (usually am), but have to base things on what's available and known? FWIW I'm a little leery that all the ills of low grade concentrates can 'be fixed' with an improved cart? We shall see.

While I'm OK with the current carts, better would of course be better.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Has what happened to me lately? I covered several topics......

If the question is have I repeated the experiment expecting different results, there's a name for that.

I'm hopeful about future products (usually am), but have to base things on what's available and known? FWIW I'm a little leery that all the ills of low grade concentrates can 'be fixed' with an improved cart? We shall see.

While I'm OK with the current carts, better would of course be better.

OF

Well since you dont sleep and to the rumors i might be a alien might as well carry this convo on now.

The leaking and carts dying premature? Is that still going on with you?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Well since you dont sleep and to the rumors i might be a alien might as well carry this convo on now.

The leaking and carts dying premature? Is that still going on with you?

As long as I stay away from thin oils (and PG) they do fine for me. I'm a big fan of standard carts (2.4 Ohms) and find they work just fine if you don't push them. Good concentrates and good techniques are the keys I think. More tolerant designs would be nicer, of course, but I personally can live with the current ones.

FWIW I also wrecked one with some hard shatter I had, I tried 1.5 Ohms instead, that as might be predicted also didn't fare well. While enough heat got vapor finally the leaks were a fright to clean up. I gave up on it.

OF

OF

Gentle friends, a new topic if I may? Pre-Oxidizing Carts. The wiki page has this to say on the topic:

"Pre-Oxidizing Cartridges

If you draw on the cartridge while dry you wont get the most pleasent odor or taste. It taste somewhat like machine oil. Its likely manufacturing residue and the ni-chrome heater wire oxiding. This smell and flavor typically dissipates quickly once the cartridge is loaded. THC scientific is evolving their cartridge manufacturing process to include some extra wash steps and a step to pre-oxidize the heating element. A user at home can also pre-oxidize the heater with the following procedure.
  • Press Button for 3 seconds with dry cartridge.
  • Allow to cool down for 20 seconds
  • Repeat process 5-10 times
If you continue to have flavor issues or concerns please open a ticket with THC Scientific."

I'm of the opinion this is 'old news'. It clearly says to do this every time. I suggest taste issues are largely a thing of the past, this scheme didn't always cure it, and guys are wrecking brand new carts after following these directions (some better than others). I think it should be removed.

Thoughts anyone? Is it useless/dangerous dry burn or essential ritual? Something between?

TIA

OF

MaxVapor

The Professor

Thoughts anyone? Is it useless/dangerous dry burn or essential ritual? Something between?

TIA
OF

FWIW I have loaded about 15 carts (which I know is small potatoes compared to many here) all 2.4's and never came across a taste issue. I used to check once for the red glow, but lately I have not even been doing that as it is also recommended not to dry fire them. I have not gotten a bad one yet, but I am a small sample.

MaxVapor,
Reactions: OF

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Gentle friends, a new topic if I may? Pre-Oxidizing Carts. The wiki page has this to say on the topic:

If you draw on the cartridge while dry you wont get the most pleasent odor or taste. It taste somewhat like machine oil. Its likely manufacturing residue and the ni-chrome heater wire oxiding. This smell and flavor typically dissipates quickly once the cartridge is loaded. THC scientific is evolving their cartridge manufacturing process to include some extra wash steps and a step to pre-oxidize the heating element. A user at home can also pre-oxidize the heater with the following procedure.
  • Press Button for 3 seconds with dry cartridge.
  • Allow to cool down for 20 seconds
  • Repeat process 5-10 times
If you continue to have flavor issues or concerns please open a ticket with THC Scientific."

I'm of the opinion this is 'old news'. It clearly says to do this every time. I suggest taste issues are largely a thing of the past, this scheme didn't always cure it, and guys are wrecking brand new carts after following these directions (some better than others). I think it should be removed.

TIA

OF

Agreed. Unfortunately, I have had a taste issue in all but one cart and the pre-oxidizing method recommended never did a thing to remedy the situation. That's why I'm waiting for the Hercules carts to use my Persei for oil.

kindbeats,

NoName

TIA

OF

My experience is also limited to 2.4ohm carts (approx. 20 total). I only pre-oxidized twice due to taste issues, but that was with the first(?) generation carts that had no 'labeling' on the sides (I finally discarded the few remaining unlabeled carts due to the unpleasant flavor and leaking issues). However, I've not had any flavor/leakage problems with labeled 2.4ohm carts (fortunately)-all purchased since this past July.

As far as my 'cart pre-test', I've limited that to a simple cart resistance check-seems to be working so far. My vote is with OF. I think a cart pre-burn will create more problems in the long run. Just my opinion though.

NoName

NoName,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
My experience is also limited to 2.4ohm carts (approx. 20 total). I only pre-oxidized twice due to taste issues, but that was with the first(?) generation carts that had no 'labeling' on the sides (I finally discarded the few remaining unlabeled carts due to the unpleasant flavor and leaking issues). However, I've not had any flavor/leakage problems with labeled 2.4ohm carts (fortunately)-all purchased since this past July.

As far as my 'cart pre-test', I've limited that to a simple cart resistance check-seems to be working so far. My vote is with OF. I think a cart pre-burn will create more problems in the long run. Just my opinion though.

NoName

Looking forward to the Iris and its built in meter. :)

kindbeats,
Reactions: NoName

jpdnkstr

My vote is to remove the pre oxidation information...... not good for cart life, I've had no taste issues since March. I have loaded all resistance carts with the exception of 3 Ohm. FWIW I love 1.5.on 3.7V and 5Ohm on 7.4V......... but please take OF's advice on starting at 2.4Ohm on 3.7v. It took quite awhile to master the higher power configurations.

jpdnkstr,

A.M.

Oil Monster
Howdy FC, im new here but not new to vaping;) I have a couple questions regarding the Omicron V2. I originally purchased mine off of Ebay (yup im that dummy lol) and after 2 days of use the top burned out. I was just vaping along when all of a sudden a small tuft of smoke came out of the threaded are on the top and the LED light started to flicker. Well it hasn't worked since. Now me being me, im not one to give up:), I decided to actually research the Omicron V2 and found that they offer the HVD topas an upgrade for my vape. My questions are #1 What do I need to know so I don't destroy the new 5ohm carts I bought with the top? #2 When my BHO is heated it has a similar consistency to water, will the 5ohm cart leak? And can I prevent it? #3 Will the Hammer option be compatible with the HVD top? #4 What will the hits be like compared to my TI nail with dome and the 5ohm cart with 7.4v?

If these questions have been answered elsewhere I apologize, there are almost 400 pages to search through here lol. Thanks in advance A.M.

A.M.,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
My questions are #1 What do I need to know so I don't destroy the new 5ohm carts I bought with the top? #2 When my BHO is heated it has a similar consistency to water, will the 5ohm cart leak? And can I prevent it? #3 Will the Hammer option be compatible with the HVD top? #4 What will the hits be like compared to my TI nail with dome and the 5ohm cart with 7.4v?

If these questions have been answered elsewhere I apologize, there are almost 400 pages to search through here lol. Thanks in advance A.M.
#1 read the vaporpedia articles for both the persei and omicron.
#2 it shouldn't, all oil turns to full liquid when heated. what is it like at room temp?
#3 not in the near future. a plug in option is being worked on and that would be necessary.
#4 higher volt and ohm doesn't give bigger hit. common misconception. HVD's biggest use is as a stealth option, not really that useful as a mini persei, imho.

if you don't want to get the warranty upgrade you can just get a new v2.5 top for $10 from D9. that's probably your best bet. good luck!

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: A.M.

VAPORIZER22

#1 read the vaporpedia articles for both the persei and omicron.
#2 it shouldn't, all oil turns to full liquid when heated. what is it like at room temp?
#3 not in the near future. a plug in option is being worked on and that would be necessary.
#4 higher volt and ohm doesn't give bigger hit. common misconception. HVD's biggest use is as a stealth option, not really that useful as a mini persei, imho.

if you don't want to get the warranty upgrade you can just get a new v2.5 top for $10 from D9. that's probably your best bet. good luck!

Are the v2.5 tops still for sale Bob? I tried searching for them the other day to order one but could not find them. PV has them listed, but they are out of stock.

VAPORIZER22,

A.M.

Oil Monster
@ Bob Loblaw thank you for responding so quickly.

You asked what my oil is like at room temp. It looks and feels like ear wax until heated, once heated, and cooled again it is completely clear/yellow and semi hard.

My concern is it has almost no viscosity, it seperates from itself very easily once heated.

A.M.,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Are the v2.5 tops still for sale Bob? I tried searching for them the other day to order one but could not find them. PV has them listed, but they are out of stock.
hmmm.... i seem to be having the same problem? the HVD is back as well and i can't find the warranty upgrades. maybe contact G (thc scientific) thru a pm and ask?

Bob Loblaw,

VAPORIZER22

hmmm.... i seem to be having the same problem? the HVD is back as well and i can't find the warranty upgrades. maybe contact G (thc scientific) thru a pm and ask?

Yea, was thinking of doing that. I am not sure if I remember him saying that the tops would only be sold for a limited time? Maybe I missed out. Would really like to get one because the 2.4 carts do not perform as well as they do on the v1.x, 1.5 work fine, but I mostly use 2.4's.

VAPORIZER22,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
@ Bob Loblaw thank you for responding so quickly.

You asked what my oil is like at room temp. It looks and feels like ear wax until heated, once heated, and cooled again it is completely clear/yellow and semi hard.

My concern is it has almost no viscosity, it seperates from itself very easily once heated.
no sweat. glad to help. if it's wax i would start w/ 2.4 then move to 1.5 ohm carts. sticking w/ the standard 3.7v. the viscosity isn't an issue when heated, just when stable. PureGold, for instance can cause leaks, specially with the 1.5 ohm carts as it isn't stable when room temp.

Bob Loblaw,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Yea, was thinking of doing that. I am not sure if I remember him saying that the tops would only be sold for a limited time? Maybe I missed out. Would really like to get one because the 2.4 carts do not perform as well as they do on the v1.x, 1.5 work fine, but I mostly use 2.4's.
p.m. me

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ok for the Omicron users.

Hercules herb will be the only one available. You can not use it for oils on the Omicron until we figure out how to fix it.

You will get about 2 to 3 bowls before you need to change the battery, and it loads about .35 every time.

This will give you about .7 - .9 grams of herbs vaped per battery.

With a 18650 on the Persei you should see about 2 grams of per charge. You do the math more herbs vaped per charge?

Either way This is the king for a reason.

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Ok for the Omicron users.

Hercules herb will be the only one available. You can not use it for oils on the Omicron until we figure out how to fix it.

You will get about 2 to 3 bowls before you need to change the battery, and it loads about .35 every time.

This will give you about .7 - .9 grams of herbs vaped per battery.

With a 18650 on the Persei you should see about 2 grams of per charge. You do the math more herbs vaped per charge?

Either way This is the king for a reason.

will the Hercules herb chamber work on other 3.7v devices?? i know you don't recommend it but for the users that happen to have another 3.7v device do you think it will work??

mmenzie,

BlueLite

I just put my last .5g in a new 2.4 ohm cart... I normally use 1.5 carts, but decided to go back after a friend cooked my last cart. I am sure I am doing something wrong, not a faulty cart.I just don't know what. I was careful not to overheat anything putting it in... But I am getting zero vapor. Any ideas?

BlueLite,

VAPORIZER22

I just put my last .5g in a new 2.4 ohm cart... I normally use 1.5 carts, but decided to go back after a friend cooked my last cart. I am sure I am doing something wrong, not a faulty cart.I just don't know what. I was careful not to overheat anything putting it in... But I am getting zero vapor. Any ideas?

Typically this can be a case of your concentrate not getting all the way down. Try gently heating the top 1/3 of the cart to make sure it is feeding down below then try hitting it again.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I hope everyone gets theirs tomorrow or as soon as possible.

On that note guys.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanks giving and enjoy this time with family if you can.

Also use coupon code Black Friday to get 30% off until Monday the 26th.

Top Bottom