Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

stray201

While filling a cart, if you overheat it does it cause your oil to taste bad?

Usually. It's not just when filling a cart though, the compounds responsible for the tastiness have fairly low boiling points so as a rule, the less heat you use making the concentrate go where you need it, the better. I was killing the flavor of oil on pins and dental tools long before I got my Omi ;)

stray201,

OF

Often/usually. Sometimes you get 'lucky' and all it does is leak. It doesn't always leak either but you might say 'if it doesn't leak or burn the oil you didn't really overheat it'.

If it tastes burnt, you probably overheated it, if you got any smoke/vapor while loading it's much more likely. The key is to preheat the center part before melting the oil down into the cart so the oil doesn't have to hit cold metal on the way and can be 'just barely hot enough'.

OF

OF,

Silvercloud538

Have found lack of due diligence ,patience while 'reclaiming' can easily overheat / ignite

material as it is extracted ~ adjusted soft flame from torch seems to work fine w/o

disturbing flavor ;)

Silvercloud538,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Hello all.... can anyone help a noob here please!!! this thread is HUGE and i am so new to the e-cig style and oils and concentrates. what i am trying to find is a "rig" that will be about the size of a pen. that can vape QWISO that i am learning to make or BHO (if i ever get daring enough to make it which i doubt) and vape some flower as well. i am reading more and more that there are possibilities on unit that does both. Gentleman's vapes claim they can, but after reading through 22 pages of that thread, the only thing i got out of it was "get an omicron" now i am reading that delta9 or THC or whatever the company name is can do both but it seems only the more $$$ persei can with even more $$$ attachments (bender and hammer). so is the omicron only for oil and concentrates and if i want to do flower i have to spend more $$$?? please, i know i have ALOT of reading to do but just not sure where to start?? can anyone throw me a breadcrumb or two??

mmenzie,
Well thanks. And also I dont get much smoke out of it but when I pull on it I dont hear any air flowing unless the cart is not completely screwed in(now i just barely dont fully screw it in.) Im thinking the cart is kinda clogged but also the oil is just so thick? so that also helps with clouds being small. Or could have the cart not filling evenly have affected it? It still works tho.. pretty baked off some sour d oil that was black black and so sticky

andyspartan,

OF

what i am trying to find is a "rig" that will be about the size of a pen. that can vape QWISO that i am learning to make or BHO (if i ever get daring enough to make it which i doubt) and vape some flower as well. i am reading more and more that there are possibilities on unit that does both.

Gentleman's vapes claim they can, but after reading through 22 pages of that thread, the only thing i got out of it was "get an omicron" now i am reading that delta9 or THC or whatever the company name is can do both but it seems only the more $$$ persei can with even more $$$ attachments (bender and hammer). so is the omicron only for oil and concentrates and if i want to do flower i have to spend more $$$??

I think you got the gist of the GV story, 'get an Omicron' kinda sums it up for most guys it seems (still there are a few guys who love theirs). You can, of course, get just the Omicron carts (and an adapter) if you already have their gear. There's even one of the 'modified e-cigs' you don't need the adapter for, but I don't recall which.

Otherwise, nobody currently does oil and bud in the same rig. Hercules (when it gets here) will be the first. At present it's a power hog, only a high voltage Persei will drive it AFAIK. And how well is yet to be determined by 'real users'. Personally I'm a little leery a compromise will work all that well, but G has surprised me too often to bet against it. We'll know in a month or so, but it will call for a more powerful (and lager) 'battery' which won't be cheap.

IMO something like a MFLB backing up your Omicron cart use is the best call for 'first class on a shoestring'. More so if the ground rules call for proven stuff with solid Customer Service you can get today.

Good luck.

OF

Im thinking the cart is kinda clogged but also the oil is just so thick? so that also helps with clouds being small. Or could have the cart not filling evenly have affected it?

Hard to say what' thick and thin from here, but the cart should draw fairly freely. Putting in on the supply should restrict it a little bit more, but not much. If it's hard to pull off the supply some careful cleaning is probably in order. This will be leaked or condensed oil, not the oil about to be vaped, your goods don't get into the airpath except as vapor when all is right. Thickness doesn't effect draw directly.

Loading is critical, in the end you might have to question it. For now concentrate on production. Don't hit it for more than say 8 or 10 seconds unless it's producing well, we don't want to overheat it and wreck the seals or burn it out to add to the list.

It's also important to remember vapor is produced only so fast. It's not like blazing where more air makes more fire (heat). Here more air cools it off. Draw slow, not so slow vapor backs up out the vents, but slower than you think you should. I bet the vapor level comes up?

OF

OF,
So if oil got inside the middle hole, air passage?, it would be a bad thing right?.... Or atleast a better question is how do you know if the cart is clogged?

andyspartan,

Lawd Yook

I recently got the matte black V2 and it was working great for a day, and then randomly stopped working (no damage or dropping etc). I tried everything suggested in the maintenance docs, cleaned the connectors etc but no go. I acquired a chrome V2 today and it works fine, even with the old cart, so I must believe something is wrong with the handle of the black V2.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with the black one? Shorting out somehow? The blue light still works fine, the batteries work fine in the chrome V2 so they are ok.

Any tips are appreciated! Love this thing (hence why I got the chrome one ;))

Lawd Yook,

OF

So if oil got inside the middle hole, air passage?, it would be a bad thing right?.... Or atleast a better question is how do you know if the cart is clogged?

Yes, that's the vapor path out to you. Oil in there is bad. An excellent tool for this was invented by none less that Vitolo himself, a thin sewing needle stuck in a cork. Guys have also used straightened paper clips, copper wire and all sorts of stuff. I've used heavy (like 100 pound test) fishing line. Anyway, carefully poke it down (the heater is at the bottom, poke it too hard and the game is over) then pull it out and wipe it off. Return for more, wiping it each time. Doesn't take much to plug it.

A couple of guys have good luck with very narrow (like 1/4 inch wide) strips of paper napkin or towel twisted real tight. Again, watch out, about 1 3/4 inches down is the heater, don't poke at it.

When it draws freely off the supply, it's clear.

Some guys just heat it more and suck harder hoping to pop the clog out. Sometimes this works well, but I've had better luck cleaning it out. BTW if/when they leak the same issues develop in the lower (smaller) tube.

Good luck.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I must say something about the quality of the Omicron.

As initially when we started the v2 we limited the voltage on it to keep it from killing cartridges and help decrease the return rate below 1%. We introduced the v2.5 tops to let people increase the voltage and allow the Omicron to operate without restriction. Ever since different companies coming out with different cartridges with different power requirements it has helped us understand what needs to be done in the future to make a better product.

As we all know the V2 series Omicrons have a limited lifetime warranty. While we try to perfect our tops there is always something or someone out there that will kill it. I do apologize to anyone who has had issues with the v2 and has had multiple instances when they had to send it in; we have made every effort to cover the shipping by including a free extract cartridge for your troubles. We do stand behind our products and always will as long as we are in business.

Now here is what’s coming, we have improved our tops even further and will always keep improving on our designs. While we try to make it as indestructible as possible we need to also learn how to do it, we are an emerging company and need all the help we can get. Unfortunately we don’t want to burden the end user with this and some people feel like they are the testers; we do not have millions to throw into advertising and can’t compete with companies that steal other people’s ideas. Since this is a new industry that we started it takes time to improve on the quality and bring to the end consumer a product that is 100% (will never happen), but we are trying to get as close to it as possible. Remember the first automobiles did not have the greatest safety and reliability records they now do and please don’t think we are making people test something. Our record and quality speaks for itself and we are here after 4 years this December.

I would like to get to the point and say what I want to say. Please be patient as we are rolling out with many new technologies this year. We have made a better top for the Omicron and that is in production as we speak, and will be rotated into the replacement parts ASAP. Thank you for making the Omicron and Persei your choice of Herbal and Essential oil vaporizers and thank you everyone for your feedback and being patient with us as we push the boundaries of portable vaporizers.

Submitted a ticket still have not received an answer for more than a week.. Checked spam and junk messages as well. Order # 5297

Highnstein,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Submitted a ticket still have not received an answer for more than a week.. Checked spam and junk messages as well. Order # 5297

what is your ticket number? if you had submitted a ticket you should have gotten a reply and a ticket number, i want to track this ticket down that was not answered.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

rcflo

Whats going on everybody?
So last night, I decided to prep for the upcoming ski season and put together a nice little on the mountain case. The idea was to have a 'pouch' opposite the battery compartment pocket, that holds a handwarmer to keep the batteries from losing their charge (due to the cold). I have not tested temperatures yet, to see if its actually feasible, and not dangerous...(too hot)!
I will update once i give testing a go, just wanted to post some pics cause i was stoked. Since it is not yet super cold out here, I was thinking of throwing the case in the freezer or refrigerator with some fully charged batts and a handwarmer, with a small thermocouple inside to monitor the temps, and maybe every once in a while, pull out my multimeter to check the batts specs. but for the mean time, that pocket holds my extra carts pretty well, especially with the velcro at the top of that pocket, if the case is swinging around on its clip, (backpack, inside of jacket, chalk bag (long approaches to the rock :), wherever). By the way, I used an old sunglasses zip up foam case that probably cost a few bucks years ago.
IMG_20121015_150437.jpg

IMG_20121015_150500.jpg

So if anybody plans on using their pen on the mountain this season, or in very cold conditions, here's some inspiration... I'll report back on how well the idea actually performs under proper conditions.
If anyone has thought of doing something like this, or has already found a good way to successfully keep their batts charged an entire cold day out on the mountain, id love some feedback.

And it would also be cool to see other peoples DIY setups for more ideas!

Trever

I agree rcflo here in utah it sure gets cold up on the mtns ;) insperational for sure i been wondering about this myself. Huge snowboarder and been worrying about battery life as the seasons change..... Ill get to making something insulated maybe?? hand warmer might be to hot directly placed in the same bag/compartment

Trever,

SD_haze

Just got my HVD replacement in.

Is there not supposed to be a print of "HVDxxx" on the mini tube? Thought I remembered my first one had HVD82 on the top & the mini-tube.

SD_haze,

stray201

A couple more questions, if you kind folks don't mind...

Could I potentially solve the problem of not enough air mixed in with my vapor by switching from my 2.4 ohm carts to the 1.5s and using much shorter button presses with liberal inhalation of air, or will the 1.5s produce thicker clouds on a 2-3 second press than the 2.4s on a 6 second press?

Second, the batteries... I've noticed after 10ish hits on a fresh battery it becomes a bit of a chore to get vapor out of it, and it takes longer button presses. I'm guessing this is due to decreasing voltage as the battery's charge is drained, yes? Is there any workaround for this? Different batteries I can use, perhaps? And would there happen to be a passthrough option in the works for the Omi 2.5? Starting to wish I had ordered the O-PHOS, waiting for the batteries to charge is a killer!

Anyone? Thanks in advance guys.

stray201,

stray201

Ok you got my full attention, whats going no boss?

Hey, the big man himself! Right on. Here's the questions:

Could I potentially solve the problem of not enough air mixed in with my vapor by switching from my 2.4 ohm carts to the 1.5s and using much shorter button presses with liberal inhalation of air, or will the 1.5s produce thicker clouds on a 2-3 second press than the 2.4s on a 6 second press?

Second, the batteries... I've noticed after 10ish hits on a fresh battery it becomes a bit of a chore to get vapor out of it, and it takes longer button presses. I'm guessing this is due to decreasing voltage as the battery's charge is drained, yes? Is there any workaround for this? Different batteries I can use, perhaps? And would there happen to be a passthrough option in the works for the Omi 2.5? Starting to wish I had ordered the O-PHOS, waiting for the batteries to charge is a killer!

Thanks brotha!

stray201,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hey, the big man himself! Right on. Here's the questions:

Thanks brotha!

ok before we continue on your first question, i have to ask one to figure out what is it that you want to do. You want to increase the airflow because you want to inhale faster? Or increase the vapor?

The second part of your second question.

Pass through is in the works and should be out by Novembers end.

The batteries take a while to be drained. How old are your batteries?

Also how long do you allow it to cool down between hits?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

stray201

To clarify the first question, I have sad little lungs that can't handle high vapor to air ratios, so ideally I'd like to be able to take a quick 2-3 second pull off the Omi and then remove my mouth from it to suck some air in. I want to increase the airflow to dilute the vapor-to-air ratio so as to lessen the harshness on my lungs, kinda like my volcano does when I put concentrates in it.

Stoked for the passthrough, that's going on the Christmas list for sure! Thanks for the heads up on it!

My batteries are brand new, just got my kit from PV a couple of weeks ago. I allow it to cool to pretty much room temperature, maybe 30 seconds or so? I put it down in its makeshift stand between uses, I usually only need 1-2 hits to feel decently medicated.

stray201,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ok now that i know what is it you want to achieve, yes you can try the 3.0's first. This would be a better start. The 3.0's will take more time to heat up this keeping your current technique and only reducing the vapor.

the second issue on the battery, since you have this type of vaporizer its best you buy a $20 multimeter, this will help conclude if the batteries are bad, and its great for future use because you not only are able to diagnose your devices of similar nature, but also a nice learning tool.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: OF

stray201

Sounds good man, maybe I'll pick up a 3.0 and a 1.5 and devote some time to testing.

I'll grab a multimeter next time I'm at the hardware store, I wasn't really thinking the batteries were bad so much as that the type of concentrate I've currently got loaded (shatter) might require higher temps for priming. In all honesty, once the passthrough comes out I'll likely use that 90% of the time anyway.

stray201,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ya if its shatter then go with 1.5's and test.

Btw guys we are shooting for the 27th of this month to meet up in frisco. Dub will let me know tomorrow if its good to go so that we can plan our meet and greet.

Top Bottom