Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
I have a 1.5 ohm cart that is still working great, it has had over 16grams of wax ran through it!
I use the metal mouthpiece so I can tell if the cart is getting hot. I usually only load .3 at a time
I do get some clogs in the flue every once in a while, easily solved with a brisk pull and a little button pushing.

btw this is an older style cart with no warning label

tharealmclovin

I don't think I have used a cart til the end of its life. I refill until it starts to leak. I usually average atleast 5-7 grams per cart(.6@ a time). I never push my carts til the end just because I'd hate to waste some precious oil (in my best George Bush voice).

I then toss those used carts into ISO for a coupe days to get the last drops out. I sometimes save the carts for backups but usually just toss them.

OF

16g's! Nice! Most I heard of till now was 7.5g of puregold through a 2.4ohm.

It's pretty cool all right. And with a 1.5 Ohm cart no less. Loading small amounts and keeping it cool seems to be a key here. Also I'm thinking it depends on cleanly evaporating concentrate. The deposits from half an ounce of most of the concentrates out there would foul it out for sure. I've found 4 or 5 grams of most of the types I've tried have enough junk in them to 'scab over' the heater enough to slow production up and overheat stuff to the point I abandon the cart and move on. The cart is a consumable item and against the price of the oil that will be run through it, it's really a pretty cheap one.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
guys the averages we hear are about 5-6 grams per cart. Thats an average of about $1.95 per gram cost, and to me to spend $1.95 and not worry about cleaning it for 3-4 hours is worth it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
guys the averages we hear are about 5-6 grams per cart. Thats an average of about $1.95 per gram cost, and to me to spend $1.95 and not worry about cleaning it for 3-4 hours is worth it.
I only have 1 cart because I only had like $30 so it wasnt enough to buy a pack of 5 ... :/ but hearing that is a great thing! I can get hash oil for about $20 a gram :rolleyes: but the hash oil thc percent is only around 70% thc but never the less thats is still pretty high and so worth it. I might not even buy a pack, instead just get another single one and buy like a quarter and hope it can last in the 2 carts. Next week im getting 2gs of hash oil for $40 so I cant wait to try it out

andyspartan,

Blind Ike

Just returned from Elemental Wellness with my supply of Pure Gold to try in the o-phos. To my pleasant surprise, noticed that the cartridge that came with my package from D9 is a 1.5, which I've always wanted to try after reading all of the posts here about 1.5s producing bigger clouds. Am well aware of the warnings posted by many about those cartridges getting too hot, but after a year of learning to master the 2.4s I think I can manage the change. With PG, I guess I'll only have to hold the button for about 3 seconds to get a decent rip. Only worry is overheating the PG and creating a leaky mess and/or using it up too quickly. BTW, the 2.4 I've been running has been good for six grams of various honeycomb waxes, and is still working great. Leaks a bit sometimes, but a heated pin or paper clip through the flue, down the sides, at the bottom and in the hole on the old omicron body always bring it back to life, and some ISO soaked q-tips clean the cartridge threads and Omi up quite nicely. (Omi v1.1 , unlike the o-phos, has a small hole where the cartridge connects.) O-phos charged and ready, and so am I :)

OF

O-Phos + Pure Gold + 1.5 Cartridge = Great Taste, More (Lung/Mind) Filling !!!!!!!!

For sure. FWIW I think it's the PG part that's really the key.

The 'trick' to this is staying on this side of the leaking line.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
guys paypal button is back up.

Also please excuse me as i will be on vacation from september 24th to october 4th. No innovation will be going on during this time so everyone please relax your wallets are safe.

OF

guys paypal button is back up.

Also please excuse me as i will be on vacation from september 24th to october 4th. No innovation will be going on during this time so everyone please relax your wallets are safe.

OK, thanks.

A couple of thoughts come to mind, first off that's not an invite for us to do a bunch of testing of the 'buy by papyal' feature of your site is it? We're not all that bright you know, might have to use a more direct hint?

Second, great news on the time off, I hope you get a chance to get away and enjoy the family for a bit, we'll try to keep the rumors in control until you get back and start some fresh ones.

Thanks for the good word on our wallet's safety during your vacation, bet you can't say the same thing for your own.......

OF

OF

is it safe to put a cart in a cooler? (fridge type of cooler)

We just went through this a bit ago. I think the bottom line was it's safe, but watch out for condensate water getting inside before it warms up again (makes the oil sizzle and pop). Either wrap it up or put it in a sealed baggie or as some clever guy suggested use a Doob Tube.....

You don't want it to 'frost up' like a can of cold beer.

Once safely warmed up, it's good to go.

OF

Blind Ike

For sure. FWIW I think it's the PG part that's really the key.

The 'trick' to this is staying on this side of the leaking line.

OF
Will do my best to stay on the correct side, please give me a push if I start leaning toward the other side. Certainly made this morning's nine holes at Golden Gate amusing. Actually lost a ball in a sand trap, didn't think that was possible.

Blind Ike,
Reactions: OF

druminfected

D9V bad CS? I was going to say... jeah rite!
I have a 1.5 ohm cart that is still working great, it has had over 16grams of wax ran through it!
I use the metal mouthpiece so I can tell if the cart is getting hot. I usually only load .3 at a time
I do get some clogs in the flue every once in a while, easily solved with a brisk pull and a little button pushing.

btw this is an older style cart with no warning label

Geezus willickers, 16g's! I don't think ive even seen or went through 4g's of oil! would love to try pure gold someday in a D9V product :/

druminfected,

OF

Will do my best to stay on the correct side, please give me a push if I start leaning toward the other side. Certainly made this morning's nine holes at Golden Gate amusing. Actually lost a ball in a sand trap, didn't think that was possible.

You didn't really loose it......it's still there, right?

You just got tired of looking for it. I'll be if you sifted it, you'd find more than one......

OF

OF,

druminfected

You just got tired of looking for it. I'll be if you sifted it, you'd find more than one......

OF

hah i seen a dirty jobs episode where these guys would go in the ponds with snorkels and suits and hunt for the lost balls repack em and resell em. $$$$

druminfected,

OF

D9V bad CS? I was going to say... jeah rite!

Geezus willickers, 16g's! I don't think ive even seen or went through 4g's of oil! would love to try pure gold someday in a D9V product :/

You know, Drum, in a better world your loyal subjects would hold a huge celebration on your birthday, complete with the public tribute to you of your body weight in assorted extracts.......

Warms the heart just thinking about it.

They really should be making plans right now, doncha think?

hah i seen a dirty jobs episode where these guys would go in the ponds with snorkels and suits and hunt for the lost balls repack em and resell em. $$$$

Many years ago. Many many years ago, a guy in our school got caught doing just that (he'd been selling them to the driving range on the other side of town). He was really scared, thought he was cooked. The owner showed up (it was the groundskeeper that caught him) and laughed and laughed. Asked him how much he got for them, then offered him more! Those were better days indeed. We rewarded such initiative. And we solved things without 'calling the cops'. Or filing suit. I miss that.

OF

Blind Ike

OF
I did tire of looking for it, couldn't believe it had vanished! Probably just as well, had I dug a bit deeper at a Community Golf Course in Golden Gate Park, I'd have not only found more than one ball, would have also likely retrieved some syringes, condoms, a few body parts, and some old Purple Owsley that some poor soul misplaced in 1967.

Blind Ike,

OF

I did tire of looking for it, couldn't believe it had vanished! Probably just as well, had I dug a bit deeper at a Community Golf Course in Golden Gate Park, I'd have not only found more than one ball, would have also likely retrieved some syringes, condoms, a few body parts, and some old Purple Owsley that some poor soul misplaced in 1967.

Good plan, dig too deep and you might come up with Jimmy Hoffa......

Then what would you do?

Take the drop and stroke.

OF

OF,
Then what would you do?

OF

Unfortunately, 1 stroke penalty + a drop is not an option under the rules. For a lost ball you must return to the position where the last shot was struck and drop (or re-tee), add one stroke and hit again (i.e. on a par 3, you'd return to the tee and be hitting 3 with your next swing) - just the same as if you hit your tee shot OOB. A typical "group rule" would be a two stroke penalty (to avoid annoying the group behind) and a drop. If you';re really strict and posting USGA scores, you have to record an 'X' and take whatever maximum is appropriate for your handicap (single, double or triple bogey). Any course bets have to be settled however your group decides.

BTW. At my local muni, teenagers sell balls recovered from the water hazards on the back nine, at the furthest area from the clubhouse - They ask for $1 ea., but I have no idea what they might actually accept.

-NDA

EDIT: Here is a good reference: http://www.tpgolfonline.com/index.php/rules-of-golf/rules-of-golf-lost-ball/

Nick Again,
Reactions: OF

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
Good plan, dig too deep and you might come up with Jimmy Hoffa......

Then what would you do?

OF

Do people still talk about Jimmy Hoffa?

"Jimmy Hoffa? They found him years ago at McDonalds." "Which one?" "all of them"

Do people still talk about Jimmy Hoffa?

"Jimmy Hoffa? They found him years ago at McDonalds." "Which one?" "all of them"
Some of us remember when it wasn't clear who had more power - Hoffa, Hoover or Kennedy.
Where I grew up, more people around me knew either or both Hoffa and Hoover and their "associates" than Kennedy.

-NDA

Nick Again,
Top Bottom