Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

sidewing

is there any way to empty the oil out of a perfectly fine working cart without messing it up, so i can load it with better quality oil? im running a batch of all my good high quality bubble hash.. washed it with iso and filtered thru coffee filter.. its drying under a fan now, the first batch of oil i made is stoney, but the flavor is not so great because the starting material was not so great (it was a first attempt so i ddint want to use best stuff), especially as you get further into the cart.

sidewing,

JoeKickass

Heat it up, turn it upside down. But if you have a new cart I would definitely put the good stuff in that, it could take a while for the flavor to come through on the old cart...

Do you have a scale??? if so weigh it, it may be out. with 1.5's you dont need to prime that long. From what I hear if you prime that long, the oil kinda vapes off the side of the hot cartridge and never makes it to the main heater. I may be wrong.

It scaled to about .4 more than my other empty cart. It's also pretty new. But this also happened to my last cart. It hit amazing first few days. Now it barely hits.

csgunner17,

sidewing

Heat it up, turn it upside down. But if you have a new cart I would definitely put the good stuff in that, it could take a while for the flavor to come through on the old cart...
i dont unfortuntely, i just got my ophos today (which i dont know why more people dont have one, hard to find info on it, this thing is freaking awesome, and so stealth) and it only came with one cart.. i was thinking of ordering more, but its gunna end up costing me another 70 dollars for a 5 pack and 5 silicon mouth tips.. dont know if i should drop that kind of cash right now..

whats the best way to heat it up, apply a lighter from the bottom, and work my way to the top til it all comes out (while its upside down)? its not going to damage anything inside doing it that way?

i have a crop coming down in a month (Kens GDP, MASTER OG, SONOMA COMA, JACK HERER) that im going to use the sugar leaf trim and smaller buds to make some really good extract for myself, and ill definitely buy some new carts for those.. but im thinking i need to work with what i got now til then.

also is there a nice black mouthpiece tip that will look good on the black ophos that anyone recommends? the clear silicon tip looks a little out of place on a all black ophos.

After looking again it looks like the tips might come with the cartridges so i might not have to order clear silicon tips.. but i would be interested in ordering a black tip replacement if there is one.

sidewing,

tharealmclovin

It scaled to about .4 more than my other empty cart. It's also pretty new. But this also happened to my last cart. It hit amazing first few days. Now it barely hits.

at about .4 it starts doing that. Just add about .3 and it should taste good again.

also is there a nice black mouthpiece tip that will look good on the black ophos that anyone recommends? the clear silicon tip looks a little out of place on a all black ophos.

After looking again it looks like the tips might come with the cartridges so i might not have to order clear silicon tips.. but i would be interested in ordering a black tip replacement if there is one.

I like the black derlin ones on D9V

tharealmclovin,

OF

whats the best way to heat it up, apply a lighter from the bottom, and work my way to the top til it all comes out (while its upside down)? its not going to damage anything inside doing it that way?

I wouldn't do that if you want to use the cart again. If you get the seals at the bottom too warm you'll end up with a world class leaker that won't vape because it's flooded every time you stop. Guys melt it out to reclaim the oil, not the cart.

Joe hit it (again), the best you can hope for is leaving about .15 grams behind in the wicks and preheater area. Some of that will have to be vaped away before any of the new oil gets there, the rest will mix in the preheat area slowing the change of oils further. I'd listen to the man, he knows what he's talking about.

You can buy single carts from PV if you want. They come with the white rubber tips:
http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-extract-cartridge-single.html

My advice is under no conditions get the bottom third of the card (end near the threads) hot enough so it's uncomfortable to hold. There at two sets of seals just below the 1/4 point.

Some folks, lead I think by Jam, have had some success with soaking carts in ISO, but I never have. I buy carts from Harborside (when they have them....) for seven bucks and avoid emptying them unless they're dead. At that level it's just not worth it to me.

Good luck.

OF

sidewing

thanks guys, just going to take the financial hit i guess and grab 5 more carts, and 5 delrin black mouth tips while im at it since im already paying the flat rate for shipping. thatll hold me over till at least november. then when the outdoor season comes and itll be time to grab some more carts for the outside flavors.

559stonerr

ThIs weekend I'll be around Anaheim, Hollywood, and Huntington beach. I've been looking at weed maps and prices are ridiculous for bud.. Looks to be around 60 an 1/8th.. And wax/budder have been hard to find on there. For those in the general area or have experience with dispensaries within a 30 mile radius or those areas, could you recommend any dispensaries? Need to restock for omicron/Persei.

559stonerr,

sidewing

cant remember if it was this thread or another one, but they were saying real hard to find extracts down in southern cali.

sidewing,

JoeKickass

thanks guys, just going to take the financial hit i guess and grab 5 more carts, and 5 delrin black mouth tips while im at it since im already paying the flat rate for shipping. thatll hold me over till at least november. then when the outdoor season comes and itll be time to grab some more carts for the outside flavors.

Are you in a friendly state? Some dispensaries have carts in stock...

JoeKickass,

sidewing

yea but i live in a close minded city that decided to close their dispensaries earlier this year. its a 3 hour drive to the closest quality collectives. they have delivery services, but the collectives werent big on testing their product when they were open, so im sure they arent doing it now as a delivery service. all about money for them, while fronting that they are all about the patients.. i know for a fact not just speculation, ive been behind those closed doors in the back. shit ive seen and heard from local collectives is the reason i do not deal with any local collectives.

sidewing,

tharealmclovin

taste isn't the problem though i bought .5 pre filled carts. So everytime i get down to .4 i need to add more? How do i get it to hit like before with only .4 left?

At .4 it usually starts getting weaker and weaker until about .1-.2 where its basically pointless to keep hitting it. Your best bet is to get some on the side for topping off you low pre-filled carts

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: OF

sidewing

wheres the best place in the bay to get a prefilled 3.7v omicron cart? i needa plan a trip to san jose to get some tga seeds.. figure i may as well give a cart or 2 a shot from up there. purity is very important to me.. meds gotta be clean.

sidewing,

Dgtheonlyg

wheres the best place in the bay to get a prefilled 3.7v omicron cart? i needa plan a trip to san jose to get some tga seeds.. figure i may as well give a cart or 2 a shot from up there. purity is very important to me.. meds gotta be clean.
seriously man just buy carts and then wax, I've seen pre filled carts in san jo for 50-60

Dgtheonlyg,
Reactions: sidewing

JoeKickass

If you do make it up(down?) to san jose definitely get your carts from Harborside, you can't beat $7 a piece & $35 a box of 5...

And yeah for whatever reason pre-fill seems to mean "inflated price" to most places, SPARC in SF is the worst I've seen... the same $35 oil selling for $70 in an omicron cart...

Clean Meds: Harborside & Elemental both have great stuff that's always tested :tup:

OF

If you do make it up(down?) to san jose definitely get your carts from Harborside, you can't beat $7 a piece & $35 a box of 5...

And yeah for whatever reason pre-fill seems to mean "inflated price" to most places, SPARC in SF is the worst I've seen... the same $35 oil selling for $70 in an omicron cart...

Call and check first, last week when I was there they were out of stock on all values...wouldn't take my money....

DubC must be goofing off again?

OF

sidewing

thats ridiculous i was expecting like 40 bux prefilled grams.. i can definitely just fill it myself.

sidewing,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys i am sorry but i have to take a step back for a few, i still read the forums and try to catch up but my heads now really full to figure out whats going on anymore.

If you have any questions about products or need personal service then please free to send me a private message. It seems that before i get a chance to answer our kick ass online community has answered it or pointed people in the right direction.

Thanks for the support guys hang in their as we try to get the bubbler, Plan B, and the Universe out as soon as testings done.

Top Bottom