Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

GR

OF, I am about to get some 14500s from Light Hound along with some other stuff. I could use another charger, any suggestions?

GR,

OF

OF, I am about to get some 14500s from Light Hound along with some other stuff. I could use another charger, any suggestions?

I'm a big fan of the WF-188. You can select charge rates (300/600 mA IIRC) and also use a switch to select 4.2 Volts for 3.7 Volt batteries like the IMRs or 3.2 Volts for the RCRs and other 3.0 Volt batteries.

The only thing it lacks is a 12 Volt input for car charging. If you need that there's the TR-001, a nice AC/12 VDC unit I've used for a while, but it's 4.2 Volts only and only has a single 500 mA rate (really too hot for the little 10440 and 14250s).

OF

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
If you guys remember, I was pretty sure that I burnt my oil upon loading my first 5.0 ohm cart. Well, it may not have tasted the best but l'd be damned if I was going to let that stuff go to waste. So, I decided to have a little fun.

I took the TI nail out of the glass on glass adapter in my Nate Dizzle Mini Swiss Perc (which I use as my rig) and inserted the mouthpiece of my HVD into the adapter. It fit perfectly and I ended up taking a bunch of massive rips through my rig. :science: It definitely made the experience of hitting some burnt as hell oil a lot more enjoyable!

MONT

I'm a big fan of the WF-188. You can select charge rates (300/600 mA IIRC) and also use a switch to select 4.2 Volts for 3.7 Volt batteries like the IMRs or 3.2 Volts for the RCRs and other 3.0 Volt batteries.

The only thing it lacks is a 12 Volt input for car charging. If you need that there's the TR-001, a nice AC/12 VDC unit I've used for a while, but it's 4.2 Volts only and only has a single 500 mA rate (really too hot for the little 10440 and 14250s).

OF
I also bought the 14500s recommended from lighthound. Picked up the 15mm spacer as well. Im wondering if you can get a discount or some credit for the little bit of buisness youve sent there way.. ;)

My question though.. is can the charger that came with my V2 charge my 2 newly ordered 14500s. ( havent got em yet should be here thursday. V2.5 top arriving tommorow.) °__*

MONT,

OF

I also bought the 14500s recommended from lighthound. Picked up the 15mm spacer as well. Im wondering if you can get a discount or some credit for the little bit of buisness youve sent there way.. ;)

My question though.. is can the charger that came with my V2 charge my 2 newly ordered 14500s. ( havent got em yet should be here thursday. V2.5 top arriving tommorow.) °__*

Thanks for the fun idea. I've no doubt that at least one of my fans already 'knows' I'm secretly on the take from them already. If it happens, I guess now I gotta split it with you? Otherwise you're not keeping it quiet, right?

I've never done it, but that charger should be just fine. Not only is it in spec all around AFAIK but I'm sure other fellows would have sent up flares already?

Remember, if you use the spacer rather than the long spring (which I'd recommend the spring for) be sure to put it on the bottom (minus) end of the battery, between it and the spring. Since the tube is at 'battery minus' potential, if it were on the positive end and managed to break through the thin insulation of the tube finish it could get real fun for a little while.....

Enjoy, it definitely levels the field as they say. That extra .3 Volts comes in might handy when the heat is on.

OF

OF,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
Need some help here. I have had 2 Omicron V2.0's now. The first black. When I received it, I kept getting 5 lights (low battery indicator I think). I had to return the top for replacement.

I just sold my second (backup) unit the other day, as I figured I didn't need it with the lifetime warranty. This second unit is chrome. The buyer I sold it to now has the SAME EXACT problem with this one. New batteries, screws it in, 5 lights - won't work.

1) Any ideas why both new units would have the same problem?
2) I bought my unit from PlanetVape. What are the options here? I gave him my original receipt.

GReYAReA,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Ok this is going to sound dumb, but can you put dry material in an omicron or is it oils only, how about hash?

Many questions to the Omicron can be found here including that one....

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Omicron

"Compatible Concentrates"
http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Omicron#What_types_of_concentrates_can_I_use_in_this_cartridge.3F

Need some help here. I have had 2 Omicron V2.0's now. The first black. When I received it, I kept getting 5 lights (low battery indicator I think). I had to return the top for replacement.

I just sold my second (backup) unit the other day, as I figured I didn't need it with the lifetime warranty. This second unit is chrome. The buyer I sold it to now has the SAME EXACT problem with this one. New batteries, screws it in, 5 lights - won't work.

1) Any ideas why both new units would have the same problem?
2) I bought my unit from PlanetVape. What are the options here? I gave him my original receipt.

Call PlanetVape or THC Scientifc. Either of them will get you straightened out.

ru_frothi,

jmorales707

Just noticed the v2.5 tops are gone off the site? Will they be back soon? Was gonna order last night but forgot lol

jmorales707,

brian420

Just noticed the v2.5 tops are gone off the site? Will they be back soon? Was gonna order last night but forgot lol
honestly i ordered a v2.5 top and noticed no difference at all between it and the standard 2.0 top... however when i use the HVD top with the 3.7v setup it works so much better than with the v2.5 top.

OF

honestly i ordered a v2.5 top and noticed no difference at all between it and the standard 2.0 top... however when i use the HVD top with the 3.7v setup it works so much better than with the v2.5 top.

There is an improvement in 1.5 Ohm performance (about .3 Volts). I found no real change at 2.4 Ohms (which is why I think it escaped notice?) That improvement brings the V2.5 back up to the V1 level (what I think was the original goal, get rid of the extra loss so we weren't actually going backwards), this is a modification to V2's circuit. HVD does even better, with losses approaching TV in fact, with it's new circuit. When this new circuit is finally introduced in the V2.X (momentary action) we'll enjoy yet another gain. For now, however, V2.5 owners can enjoy the same 'so much better' performance as HVD in factory trim (or very nearly so in my tests), 3.3 Volts out under heavy load, by using the 14500 rather than the supplied 14650. Using the new, superior from from a drop standpoint, circuit in the HVD with these new batteries gives an additional .4 best case. We can expect that I think when the new models (one on/off, one momentary?) versions are released? No doubt about it, HVD with the 14500 battery change is the hottest Omicron set up available but it has a few other issues being addressed.

OF

jmorales707

I've actually tried your setup of with the 14500 hvd top also with dart things a beast!! 2.5 top would have been for my mini!!!
There is an improvement in 1.5 Ohm performance (about .3 Volts). I found no real change at 2.4 Ohms (which is why I think it escaped notice?) That improvement brings the V2.5 back up to the V1 level (what I think was the original goal, get rid of the extra loss so we weren't actually going backwards), this is a modification to V2's circuit. HVD does even better, with losses approaching TV in fact, with it's new circuit. When this new circuit is finally introduced in the V2.X (momentary action) we'll enjoy yet another gain. For now, however, V2.5 owners can enjoy the same 'so much better' performance as HVD in factory trim (or very nearly so in my tests), 3.3 Volts out under heavy load, by using the 14500 rather than the supplied 14650. Using the new, superior from from a drop standpoint, circuit in the HVD with these new batteries gives an additional .4 best case. We can expect that I think when the new models (one on/off, one momentary?) versions are released? No doubt about it, HVD with the 14500 battery change is the hottest Omicron set up available but it has a few other issues being addressed.

OF

jmorales707,
Reactions: OF

OF

I've actually tried your setup of with the 14500 hvd top also with dart things a beast!! 2.5 top would have been for my mini!!!

You got that part right, they do make it roar. I actually bought two, I run one on the mini just to get the modest power gain on the rare occasion I use 1.5 Ohm carts there. It's really kind of a downhill race since that poor little battery is already working hard with 2.4s, still it's a welcome improvement.

I want Omi tubes that are made for 14500's!

With you there. If you're really bored and dig back to the start of this you'll find that was my request when talk of upgrades and mods started. I didn't know then the huge improvement in power the shorter battery provides (counter intuitive, isn't it), I had no way to test it even, but I have a small pile of the IMR 14500s and was looking to use them. I knew they could do a good job and figured a 15mm shorter tube would be welcome.....still do. I hope it comes to pass as an option, too.

I even briefly considered making one by cutting down the tube, pinning the end cap in place and loading the tube from the top. Then I realized I'd need another tube to use the 14650s.....

When he clears some more important stuff off his plate, maybe G can invent a medium size tube for us?

Use the 14500 and the spring bottom for the hvd!

Or use the 15mm spacer from Madvapes (?) if you don't have the HVD upgrade kit, just be SURE to put it on the bottom (minus) end.

OF

MONT

I just checked Madvapes to compare the style of spacer being referred and could not find anything. I'm sure there isn't much difference to even worry about but wanted to check if this was OK anyway. (Already on its way by the way) ;)

http://www.lighthound.com/15mm-Charging-Spacer-Aluminum_p_25.html

I guess I ordered the last one or made it just in time. :D-lucky

I'm too wondering though why they were completely removed from the site and not just the "add to cart" link?

Also when can we order the HVD upgrade?

MONT,

OF

I just checked Madvapes to compare the style of spacer being referred and could not find anything. I'm sure there isn't much difference to even worry about but wanted to check if this was OK anyway. (Already on its way by the way) ;)

http://www.lighthound.com/15mm-Charging-Spacer-Aluminum_p_25.html

That's actually the one I was thinking of, should work fine. I thought it was on Madvapes, but I have such trouble finding stuff I know is there (hence the question mark) I figured I'd let someone else sort it out....

Thanks.

In our use, it doesn't need the 'tit' on the end, a straight cylinder would work fine. In the old days we'd saw the end off a bolt and wrap it with tape to get the diameter up for a snug fit and call it good.

OF

OF,

Dgtheonlyg

For awhile now I've been using my hvd 7.4 so i bought a 2.4 cart to get my mini hvd up and running so i made a video to show how awesome these unregulated 4.2 hits are with .25 super jack and .25 jilly bean and not to mention it taste incredible

g is in here fast forward to 4:20 lol swerve "can't beat it"

MONT

Just got my v2.5 top!! Should be a nice ride home from work today.. Ive been content sipping this Blue Dream Cana Nector after a not so well run prior. (learning curve) But now im going to see if I cant get this 2.4 cart of Cherry Pie going finally!! :D

MONT,

Jay420

For awhile now I've been using my hvd 7.4 so i bought a 2.4 cart to get my mini hvd up and running so i made a video to show how awesome these unregulated 4.2 hits are with .25 super jack and .25 jilly bean and not to mention it taste incredible
I just made a couple oz's of some so-so amber, dropped at least a .6 in a 2.4 ohm cart with a hvd. I gotta say I'm pretty fuckin amazed by it once again :spliff:, the clouds are worthy of higher tolerances :evil:.

Jay420,

Dgtheonlyg

I just made a couple oz's of some so-so amber, dropped at least a .6 in a 2.4 ohm cart with a hvd. I gotta say I'm pretty fuckin amazed by it once again :spliff:, the clouds are worthy of higher tolerances :evil:.
yea man i was pretty surprised how hard this little guy hit compared to 3.7 and even 7.4!

Dgtheonlyg,
Reactions: Jay420

Erikim

hey folks, havent posted in a while but seem like there have been a lot of discussions! i totally missed out on the hvd upgrade...i havent used my omicron in a while, due to annoying clogs (that i plan to fix by only loading half a gram at a time).

i'm looking to start using it again, but im looking to get the most clouds from the smallest form factory. if i want to keep it bascially factory size, but stronger, is it better to go 1.5 carts with the v2.5 top? or hvd top with whichever cartridge i'd need.

i have experience with the 1.5s and 2.4s. i got great clouds from 1.5 toward the beginning, and like i said, they started to clog a lot. i have yet to have a completely satisfactory experience with my omicron. not hating on it...just saying. that's why i'm looking into what my options are to improve on this product experience. thanks yall

Erikim,

Dgtheonlyg

hey folks, havent posted in a while but seem like there have been a lot of discussions! i totally missed out on the hvd upgrade...i havent used my omicron in a while, due to annoying clogs (that i plan to fix by only loading half a gram at a time).

i'm looking to start using it again, but im looking to get the most clouds from the smallest form factory. if i want to keep it bascially factory size, but stronger, is it better to go 1.5 carts with the v2.5 top? or hvd top with whichever cartridge i'd need.

i have experience with the 1.5s and 2.4s. i got great clouds from 1.5 toward the beginning, and like i said, they started to clog a lot. i have yet to have a completely satisfactory experience with my omicron. not hating on it...just saying. that's why i'm looking into what my options are to improve on this product experience. thanks yall
the 1.5 ohms are more difficult to use, because more heat, cooling down ect. If you want 1.5 ohm cloud production but want less problems then get a v2.5 top with a 2.4 ohm cart personally. Thats what I'm running right now and its impressive and yes you could run the v2.5 with 1.5 ohm that would be very powerful!

Dgtheonlyg,
Reactions: Jay420
Top Bottom