Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

sidewing

I blew up a Omicron V1 with a Revolution.

My V2 omicron wont drive it either. Three flashing lights which means too much current is being drawn. Gary wouldn't recommend this and all I belive you will do is drive that battery to an early death or maybe worse overheat and meltdown.

After blowing up the V1 battery I have had no interest to try it on the O-PHOS.

Why not get the battery that its designed to work with?

is anyone here using a revo with anything besides a Persei?
wow thats interesting.. maybe ill just fill the standard cartridges that are made for it then.. unfortunately with the ophos the battery is not able to be changed.. i guess filling the cartridge with a gram of melted wax isnt the worst thing in the world.. itll probably last me 2 months the way i plan to just sip on it. i dont really care so much if the flavor gets bland after the midpoint of the cartridge.. as long as the potency is still there. thanks for posting this, im glad i held off on the rev, saved me about 70 bux. i can buy more empty carts with that cash i wouldve blown :)

just out of curiousity did u use the regular revolution or the low voltage? cuz i know the low voltage is what u are supposed to run with the v1/ophos

sidewing,

sidewing

rufrothy im curious if you used the low voltage revolution.. or if your problems stemmed from using the regular revolution which is made for 6v..

i had actually previously emailed thermovape and told them i was planning on using the revolution with the ophos/omicron and they said it should work fine but to be sure to use the low voltage version of the revoltuion/dart. with the universal adapter (510 to 610 i think it was),, i had also mentioned it previously and thc scientific did not bring up that it was incompatible, which i would like to think he would have done had there been known issues.

please provide more details, thanks.

anyone else have an opinion/experience on the low voltage revolution with the omicron / ophos?

sidewing,
Reactions: Jay420
Hey guys, another quick question. I see the v2.5 upgrade is up. I have no plans on getting the hvd as its out of my price range. If i just use my omicron with carts all the time, will the 2.5 be worth the upgrade? What is the performance of the 2.5? and will it help when the universe adapter comes out?

csgunner17,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
rufrothy im curious if you used the low voltage revolution.. or if your problems stemmed from using the regular revolution which is made for 6v..

i had actually previously emailed thermovape and told them i was planning on using the revolution with the ophos/omicron and they said it should work fine but to be sure to use the low voltage version of the revoltuion/dart. with the universal adapter (510 to 610 i think it was),, i had also mentioned it previously and thc scientific did not bring up that it was incompatible, which i would like to think he would have done had there been known issues.

please provide more details, thanks.

anyone else have an opinion/experience on the low voltage revolution with the omicron / ophos?

Low Voltage.

the LV Dart is a 1 ohm load. THC's strongest cart is 1.5 ohm

Thats another significant bump in power from the omi cart to the dart.

The regular voltage Dart has much higher resistance and draws much less power. It would not fry the battery nor is it likely to be hot enough to work.

Notice how no one here in claiming their are using a dart on the omicron or o-phos. I'm sure someone is using this combo but IMO its a bad idea and from conversations with G at the cannabis cup he seemed to feel the same way. Certainly wouldn't expect warranty service if you blow up the battery. I tossed mine.

Hey guys, another quick question. I see the v2.5 upgrade is up. I have no plans on getting the hvd as its out of my price range. If i just use my omicron with carts all the time, will the 2.5 be worth the upgrade? What is the performance of the 2.5? and will it help when the universe adapter comes out?

Its just a battery. no different than v1 other than the batteries are external and use a standard charger.

performance is similar. Its just a more modular battery. It doesn't have extra power or something magical that makes it better like an HVD or a Persei.

ru_frothi,
Reactions: sidewing
Its just a battery. no different than v1 other than the batteries are external and use a standard charger.

performance is similar. Its just a more modular battery. It doesn't have extra power or something magical that makes it better like an HVD or a Persei.

I forgot to mention i am a v2 owner aha. Is it worth the $10?

sidewing

thanks for the info. i was looking for how many ohms the dart was before i made a final decision on a purchase.. seeing as how i grow my own filling carts with a gram of oil shouldnt be a problem. the ophos will be my first vape in this market, so ill try the stock 2.4ohm cart and see how it goes, i dont want super fat choker rips so i expect itll be plenty fine. then ill buy some extra carts from there.

i hope i can re-use the carts at least a couple of times.. im not a fan of getting just 1 full use out of a cart (even though 400 hits will last me for fkn ever, probably a whole cycle, 2 months).. if i really get 400 hits off a cart ill probably be everyones best friend, offering everyone a couple of hits as i cruise by.

sidewing,

brian420

i'm using my v2 with hvd top to run the top loading lv dart, haven't used it much and only had it for a few days but with a 14500 battery it heats up quickly and vaporizes concentrates quite nicely. wouldn't recommend it for a portable though, too much work to load and prime it properly.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
i'm using my v2 with hvd top to run the top loading lv dart, haven't used it much and only had it for a few days but with a 14500 battery it heats up quickly and vaporizes concentrates quite nicely. wouldn't recommend it for a portable though, too much work to load and prime it properly.

V2 HVD top has different electronics. I still think it exceeds the amp rating switch if I remember OF's posts on the subject but I could be confusing the evo with the Revo. I don't plan on trying it when THC Scientific recommended against doing it.

With all the tops and battery combinations these days its certainly a lot more complicated but then again we have lots of great choices.

ru_frothi,

OF

Of, will that meter you just bought measure AC amps?(for common household use, more than a light bulb draw)

No, that's a very uncommon function for such meters, as it requires physically breaking the circuit to insert it. That function is typically done magnetically instead with 'clamp on Ammeters' like this:
http://www.amazon.com/BM804-Pocket-...8&qid=1342255996&sr=8-1&keywords=ac+amp+meter

It's important to note only one wire should be 'in the loop', clamp it over both wires in the line cord and the current cancel. Only the difference shows.....which is, in fact how GFI outlets work (more current out that back because of the ground fault).

OF

I blew up a Omicron V1 with a Revolution.

My V2 omicron wont drive it either. Three flashing lights which means too much current is being drawn.
is anyone here using a revo with anything besides a Persei?

I bet it's a mechanical issue with the adapter. That's what killed KB's unit, and I think triggered the changes in THC sockets. As I recall the 3 flashes happens without the cart (just the adapter)?

Yes, I've done it, but always come back to the TV supply.

Low Voltage.

the LV Dart is a 1 ohm load. THC's strongest cart is 1.5 ohm

No, 1.5 Ohms is the normal value, or was when I tested them. I was asked to test several versions from 1.7 down to 1.1 Ohms IIRC (I kept bringing them back for rebuilding, I lost track....). As I recall, 1.5 was the winner. It's what mine measures, or did according to my notes. Both Revolution and DART. I can't find mine to measure (wonder which 'battery' it's on....), anyone have one and a meter handy?

V2 HVD top has different electronics. I still think it exceeds the amp rating switch if I remember OF's posts on the subject but I could be confusing the evo with the Revo. I don't plan on trying it when THC Scientific recommended against doing it.

With all the tops and battery combinations these days its certainly a lot more complicated but then again we have lots of great choices.

No, the Evolution exceeds it in LV and suitable batteries for SV aren't available AFAIK. DART should be OK. At one point I was using DART as a load to test V1, V2 HVD, different batteries in V2s and so on since my test fixture has 510 threads there (adapter needed for 2.4s. Mind you those tests were a few seconds each, but they should be the same as 1.5 Ohm Omicron carts as far as the battery knows?

No comments on one maker recommending (or not) using another's gear. Your call. Yes, the options are neat indeed, part of the fun for me.

Where is Tim when you need him? Sleeping again, I bet.....

OF

OF,
Reactions: Jay420

Noize23

Hi gys, is it possible to use delta 9 catriges on a Epic Storm(Lavatube)Batterie, and wich adapter i will need? thanx forward

Noize23,

Noize23

I do just that with a clone of that routinely (love the VV). I've done it a bit with 1.5s but don't use them much, favoring 2.4s. If I want more heat, I just bump it up a mite. This is the adapter:
http://www.electronic-cigz.com/51ad.html

OF
Thanx for the quick answer, this is wahat i need :), have a nice weekend :)

I do just that with a clone of that routinely (love the VV). I've done it a bit with 1.5s but don't use them much, favoring 2.4s. If I want more heat, I just bump it up a mite. This is the adapter:
http://www.electronic-cigz.com/51ad.html

OF
I find this adapter in a europe store http://www.intaste.de/Do-it-yourself/Adapter/Adapter-510-auf-601::1039.html is this the same ,becouse it looks so different ?

Noize23,

OF

Thanx for the quick answer, this is wahat i need :), have a nice weekend :)

You're welcome, glad to help when I can. Same wishes for you and yours.

I find this adapter in a europe store http://www.intaste.de/Do-it-yourself/Adapter/Adapter-510-auf-601::1039.html is this the same ,becouse it looks so different ?

No, sorry, that's not going to work. You need 510 male to fit the LT and 610 female to accept the cart. Gender is important (isn't it always?) The 'other way around' is fairly common, in fact both TV and THC sell those, but the above source (and a false 'other company' with the same address and lousy web support) is the only known source. In fact, they seem to have specially modified it at our request (used to have to file notches), note all their others are still 'e-cig style'?

OF

OF,

Noize23

You're welcome, glad to help when I can. Same wishes for you and yours.

No, sorry, that's not going to work. You need 510 male to fit the LT and 610 female to accept the cart. Gender is important (isn't it always?) The 'other way around' is fairly common, in fact both TV and THC sell those, but the above source (and a false 'other company' with the same address and lousy web support) is the only known source. In fact, they seem to have specially modified it at our request (used to have to file notches), note all their others are still 'e-cig style'?

OF
also thank you for this detailed answer, I hope they send to Austria, Currently I have done it with a iron file does not look nice, but comes off like a rocket, wooow ^^

Noize23,
Reactions: OF
No, 1.5 Ohms is the normal value, or was when I tested them. I was asked to test several versions from 1.7 down to 1.1 Ohms IIRC (I kept bringing them back for rebuilding, I lost track....). As I recall, 1.5 was the winner. It's what mine measures, or did according to my notes. Both Revolution and DART. I can't find mine to measure (wonder which 'battery' it's on....), anyone have one and a meter handy?
OF
Two LV DARTS - both between 1.5 and 1.6 Ohms (the older one, with two spaces on each side is ~1.6, the newer one with a single space on one side of the ceramic is very close to 1.5 - probably both within tolerances).

-NDA

Back to back, so EDIT:

.... Gender is important (isn't it always?) The 'other way around' is fairly common, in fact both TV and THC sell those, but the above source (and a false 'other company' with the same address and lousy web support) is the only known source. In fact, they seem to have specially modified it at our request (used to have to file notches), note all their others are still 'e-cig style'?

OF
Sean is a nice guy, but I don't think he modified anything for Omicron users except the comment on his web sites and raising the price by a dollar. The difference between the two adapters (both versions seem to be made by "Sailing Dong" - orders as small as 20 pieces can be made from China) is that the 601 was an automatic ecig and needs a vented adapter (will NOT work with the sealed ones). The M602 and S'Moore XPower are manual batteries and use a sealed adapter.

BTW. The unsealed adapters work fine unmodified in many batteries, but not in all. I've notched the ones I've given away, but I have a few I use unmodified (and yes, I also have the sealed and vented "older" ones also).

-NDA

Nick Again,

JoeKickass

At one point I was using DART as a load to test V1, V2 HVD, different batteries in V2s and so on since my test fixture has 510 threads there (adapter needed for 2.4s. Mind you those tests were a few seconds each

I did some Dart on HVD testing as well, and while it did heat up I found it also heated up the HVD head too much and triggered a thermal shutdown. This was repeatable and the heat level was always pretty close so I'm pretty sure HVD is temp protected.

However I also tried with a 510 extension and the 14650 just couldn't get the dart hot enough for me, haven't tried a 14500 though that might be the ticket...

OF

Two LV DARTS - both between 1.5 and 1.6 Ohms (the older one, with two spaces on each side is ~1.6, the newer one with a single space on one side of the ceramic is very close to 1.5 - probably both within tolerances).

Sean is a nice guy, but I don't think he modified anything for Omicron users except the comment on his web sites and raising the price by a dollar. The difference between the two adapters (both versions seem to be made by "Sailing Dong" - orders as small as 20 pieces can be made from China) is that the 601 was an automatic ecig and needs a vented adapter (will NOT work with the sealed ones). The M602 and S'Moore XPower are manual batteries and use a sealed adapter.

BTW. The unsealed adapters work fine unmodified in many batteries, but not in all. I've notched the ones I've given away, but I have a few I use unmodified (and yes, I also have the sealed and vented "older" ones also).

Thanks for the confirmation. Now can you please help me with the embarrassing part, where did I leave mine? I agree, there has to be a window, probably something like '1.50 to 1.60' as displayed on a given fixture? Or my favorite, a measured current at a fixed voltage, or better still a fixed current (say 2.5 Amps?) and measure the voltage (which is basically what a DMM does to read Ohms....only at near full power).

Don't know Sean, perhaps he's the more useful fellow at the dealer for the adapters? There's another fellow that did my a backup order (I originally ordered from both) who was slow, gave the wrong tracking and ended up sending it to the wrong address. If that's the case Sean and the link provided above is definitely recommended. Your explanation fits with my understanding as well, it was originally sealed to work with 'automatic' pens that sense the air being drawn through them. This meant sometimes you were trying to draw air through the threads rather than around them. When it became known, I emailed the vendor suggesting that they offer a different version for us as I suspected a far number of folks would want them. I knew it would have to be done overseas so the plating would be in the notches and expected them to charge a bit more (doesn't that always happen?), the surprise was dropping the original version.

For whatever reason, I'm glad they changed the part. Too bad about loosing the cheaper original in the process (they still have uses, IMO), but I understand why.....no doubt saves 'these things don't work, gimmie my money back' problems.

Thanks again.

OF

OF,

brian420

I did some Dart on HVD testing as well, and while it did heat up I found it also heated up the HVD head too much and triggered a thermal shutdown. This was repeatable and the heat level was always pretty close so I'm pretty sure HVD is temp protected.

However I also tried with a 510 extension and the 14650 just couldn't get the dart hot enough for me, haven't tried a 14500 though that might be the ticket...
14500 is the ticket :p makes a huge difference with omi carts as well as with the dart (only 2 i've tested). it will make the standard omicron batteries, as well as the 14250's look terrible in my opinion.

try them, i can guarantee you won't regret it :D

mephisto

I too am having great results w/ the 14500, hvd top and long spring to drive the Dart. I would
happily give away the stock 14650 cells if anyone needs them....

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I bet it's a mechanical issue with the adapter. That's what killed KB's unit, and I think triggered the changes in THC sockets. As I recall the 3 flashes happens without the cart (just the adapter)?

Yes, I've done it, but always come back to the TV supply.

No, the Evolution exceeds it in LV and suitable batteries for SV aren't available AFAIK. DART should be OK. At one point I was using DART as a load to test V1, V2 HVD, different batteries in V2s and so on since my test fixture has 510 threads there (adapter needed for 2.4s. Mind you those tests were a few seconds each, but they should be the same as 1.5 Ohm Omicron carts as far as the battery knows?

No comments on one maker recommending (or not) using another's gear. Your call. Yes, the options are neat indeed, part of the fun for me.

Where is Tim when you need him? Sleeping again, I bet.....

OF

Thanks OF for all the corrections and information.

When I go visit Tim I need to test that adapter then. Because we took the non dart revo LV I bought and it worked fine hooked up to a TV supply so maybe it was the TV supplied adapter.

I still think we agree using the TV sourced power supply is the best choice for this device.

I know you sent me a recommendation on the adapter for omicron cart on TV supply but whats your recommendation going the other way. (Dart on THC BaTTERY)

I only have the TV adapter

ru_frothi,
Top Bottom