Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

OF

no sweat, but for clarity, what you said was that you worried about control specifically, not tech. vs. technique, or lighter is handy vs. spending money.

however someone was specifically asking about heat guns, so i don't understand the need to "bring down the hammer" on this idea, so to speak. once again, i wouldn't necessarily feel so strongly about clarifying this if your opinon wasn't so well respected on this board. thanks for listening

Again, cool. I didn't feel a need to give all my rationals for an opinion, but if it's important those are some of the reasons I don't see a heat gun (or oven even) being 'the answer' to the problem. It's the workman, not the tool. For the record, I don't doubt that heat gun will do it. So will a blowtorch. I'm sure you can do it just fine.

It's not necessary, nor do I think it really gives a guy much of an advantage (although the flameless part I'd never considered.....). I'm sorry if it comes off as a criticism of you or the tool, for sure that's not the intent. I just think no tool (short of a properly set up oven perhaps?) is foolproof, nor really much of an advantage (within reason, forget the blowtorch). "Buying a guitar doesn't make you a musician" kind of stuff. There is, I think, a tendency to think otherwise in cases like this?

I'm always interested in your ideas, Bob, I'd hoped you knew that? As I'm sure you are in mine. You generally speak your mind clearly and honestly and stand ready to civilly back up your opinions. The fact that you nearly always agree with me on important matters shows how smart you really are......(kidding Bob....). Thanks for continuing to do that, I value it considerably.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
cool as well, OF. my issue isn't a perceived personal attack, it is that no one was asking for a foolproof tool, just interested in other ideas. glad you share your opinion and ideas as well, but i just ask that when the hammer comes down too swift that you reassess. each musician chooses his instrument and as we are all musicians in this metaphor, we must each choose. sounds like the person asking wasn't happy w/ his and was looking to try a different one. the goal is the same, sweet, sweet music and my instrument has the right balance for me. as someone was asking about my instrument i shared. if someone asked about a brand of lighter, you recommended one, and then i came in saying that yea, lighters work, but not really well, it's totally improper to use one in this situation and you should really only use a heat gun, wouldn't you feel the need to defend the lighter itself as a usable and viable idea? this is where i find myself. i fully respect you and your opinions and glad you shared them, as i said, i just ask that before you dismiss it in a voice that sounds more universal than personal you examine my ideas and opinions a little more fully. if it makes you feel better i didn't make my two minute mark for filling, granted i was using the super safe lower heat setting until that last blast (which was probably unnecessary as it was a battery issue, not an oil to wick issue). again thanks for listening and sorry to take up so much of this thread w/ our personal issues ;).

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
Personally the only other time I'd heat up my precious concentrate after purging of course, is when I am inhaling it's vapor. But if your using pure gold this doesn't really apply to omicron carts. Cheers.

kushcabbage,

OF

it is that no one was asking for a foolproof tool

Perhaps, but it's exactly what's on many of the fine minds eavesdropping on the conversation. Notice in the last few minutes just that magic tool has been found! Seems I may own the wrong soldering iron......

You and I'd best try to catch the parade, doncha think? Ain't it fun?

OF

OF,
sorry to take up so much of this thread w/ our personal issues ;).
Apology accepted. Glad you guys worked it out, maybe a cuddle is in order.
I think it was a good chat. We learned no method is fool proof, heat will always kill. Also, each method needs good technique and patience.
The reason why I switched from the torch is the patience thing. It's very easy to bypass that step with a torch, wich is where things go wrong.

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I just ordered that heat gun. For $20 it's worth the gamble. I will let you know how it goes in 1-3 days.
If anyone has the desire to make a brief cart filling video with the ECG mini heat gun.. that would be very much appreciated/helpful :brow:

Pretty sure there isn't a video on youtube doing that.

video is up. hope that helps. after fill you can skip to 6:20 for vapor production. you can see a little vapor on the second try so the high blast wasn't necessary, it was the battery. feel free to ask anything

SD_haze

lol, hint, hint... alright here ya go. there is a few minutes while i fumble trying to get it to work as i am using a low battery and don't know it, but here is the link... should be live in an hour (damn youtube). enjoy

Video was very helpful, thanks. In my mind that heat gun was about 3x smaller, so that is neat.

Question though, when I see a product listing for the ECG it doesn't mention anything about batteries? Is it just AA/AAA? or rechargeables?

Asking because you're saying it isn't quite as hot on a low battery, and if it only takes AA/AAA batteries with no charge indicator, is there any way of knowing its low before you start to use it to fill a cart?

edit: i was mistaken, you meant dead battery on the omi not the heatgun :ko:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Video was very helpful, thanks. In my mind that heat gun was about 3x smaller, so that is neat.

Question though, when I see a product listing for the ECG it doesn't mention anything about batteries? Is it just AA/AAA? or rechargeables?

Asking because you're saying it isn't quite as hot on a low battery, and if it only takes AA/AAA batteries with no charge indicator, is there any way of knowing its low before you start to use it to fill a cart?

edit: think i was mistaken, you meant dead battery on the omi not the heatgun :ko:
lol, yup you got it. the heat gun uses a cord. definitely not a portable option. glad it helped!

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
tastes unseasoned at first

and then the best shortly in and then slow deterioization
never tasting like the nail although close at times

not a big fan of the dart for big clouds or big capacity but that sucker has the best flavor on concentrates. much better than the nail or omicart. I'm guessing lower temps might have something to do with it....

Hows the Jungle juice.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
New ce2 tank Dual purpose. Ejuice or oils.

Just change the cart out on the inside.

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

MaxVapor

The Professor
for ejuice yes, for oil its the air path.

Wow, I need to understand this better. Would this be the tool to use with Pure Gold? In the oil configuration? Or is it way too big for that?

New ce2 tank Dual purpose. Ejuice or oils. Just change the cart out on the inside.

The "cart" is the center section with the threads?

I am clueless about the ecig stuff.

MaxVapor,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Hey guys, I just want to thank FC forums for spreading the vape knowledge, I come here daily for the scoop on the industry!
And a big thank you to all of the contributors of these forums, without you guys I'd still be smoking.... I recieved my lv dart yesterday and HOLYSHIT! This is exactly what I have dreamed about for a while now! This thing absolutly rocks! I call it my eDabber lol! The lv dart with the omicron hvd and some 14500's is the way to go! Very very impressed with this setup, can't wait for the thc nail cart to be released! Thanks again guys! You made my day!

OF

I recieved my lv dart yesterday and HOLYSHIT! This is exactly what I have dreamed about for a while now! This thing absolutly rocks! I call it my eDabber lol! The lv dart with the omicron hvd and some 14500's is the way to go!

I agree, it's a pistol for sure. Takes a bit of fiddling (Omicron has an advantage there IMO), but it does deliver the goods fer sure.

You might want to consider the TV Alpha supply. It uses that same 14500 but is basically the same size as the V2 mini. A very very robust and well made unit that 'matches' the DART.

Glad you're enjoying it, thanks for posting. More fun stuff is coming on several fronts.....exciting times indeed.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Soflo

tharealmclovin

What are you tryin to win Jam?

So far today I have won a free HSG slider an am entered into a raffle for a HSG Sherlock. Hope I win that one too

If I see anyway to win a rig today im in for that one too.

tharealmclovin,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
The puff n dabbs contest: First place is for a one of a kind e-merge torch, 2nd WILL GET AN ETCHED TRI-FLAME VECTOR URBANO AND E-MERGE SKILLET TOOL--3RD PLACE WILL GET AN E-MERGE VECTOR CAN SCULPTURE! (sorry for the caps, copy/paste)

would love to win a custom torch!! One of the entries has over 100, and another 80 likes, so I don't know...

jambandphan03,

tharealmclovin

The puff n dabbs contest: First place is for a one of a kind e-merge torch, 2nd WILL GET AN ETCHED TRI-FLAME VECTOR URBANO AND E-MERGE SKILLET TOOL--3RD PLACE WILL GET AN E-MERGE VECTOR CAN SCULPTURE! (sorry for the caps, copy/paste)

would love to win a custom torch!! One of the entries has over 100, and another 80 likes, so I don't know...

U got 1 from me.

Top Bottom