Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
GR,

I'm sorry, I missed this earlier somehow. I just ran across it looking for something else. Yes I was surprised when V2 didn't do as well as V1 with 1.5 Ohm carts. Then when HVD came out and I tested the mini and long tube (14650) and got the jaw dropping lower power than with that bitty little 250 in the short tube! Turns out the 650s have more capacity but higher internal resistance. They 'sag' a lot more under load.

Put one of these in there then hang onto your hat:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR-14500-LiMN-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_3644.html

Expect near half a Volt difference with a charged battery, that edge will drop some but it's ahead of the V1 right into the mud.

You won't catch me defending what Bob does, and that's for sure....

And by the way, it's Mister Nobody to you....

Again, sorry I missed your question.

OF

yea, i got some of those from them myself, work great!
i can defend myself thank you very much! lol, at least for a few more years, age is catching up quick.
lighthound is great and the 14500 won't do ya wrong.
thanks again for the suggestion, OF!

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

OF

yea, i got some of those from them myself, work great!
i can defend myself thank you very much! lol, at least for a few more years, age is catching up quick.
lighthound is great and the 14500 won't do ya wrong.
thanks again for the suggestion, OF!

Yer welcome, Bro. I think it's cool that such a simple change can further improve an already pretty keen product. I hope the word gets around. You change batteries a bit more often, but IMO it's well worth it.

As for defending yourself, I'm sure glad you're self sufficient as I'm fighting a loosing battle on that front....

Cheers,

OF

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
It's a 2.5 amp limit but all egos die quick with a high drain. The MOSFET switch can't handle heat. And these carts heat more than eliquids.
I'm guessing you mean physical heat from the cart, rather than electrical heat from the switch resistance? (sorry, I've limited electrical knowledge) If that's the case it's quite well buffered by the 510-601 connector- I can hardly feel any heat getting to the battery.

I've been running a 2.5ohm cart on one at 4.8v for a few weeks now- maybe 4-5 grams of oil vaped with that cart, and I'm on my second gram with a 1.5 ohm cart (which I'm running at all volts up to about 4.0, top end the most). No problems so far. I report back when it dies. I only just got the 1.5 ohm carts, but reading this I guess now it was a bad idea.

Same here, I note stuff like:
"Due to the nature of low resistance atomizers, and cartomizers please use caution going about 4.2v with items 2ohm and lower to avoid the risk of damage to the atomizer, cartomizer, or battery."

Kinda makes me think it's OK for light duty use, but out for 1.5 Ohmers? I've decided to check out the other one, this one's available for a brave soul with a little time and a meter......
Limited bravery, but I have a coffee break tomorrow (not now- it's 4am) and I recently purchased a meter. I also happened to watch a youtube instructional on how to use said meter, so I might be able to deliver some results.... is there something I could test here? (well there's lot's I could test- anything on this ego c twist that I should test, or that you'd like me to test?)

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
As for defending yourself, I'm sure glad you're self sufficient as I'm fighting a loosing battle on that front....
i've fought enough tho, some looser than others. bend like a reed in the wind.... a reprieve is nice every once in awhile, but now i know who not to try drafting ;).

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

Jhonny

thats just an unregulated battery not variable voltage. The O-phos is unregulated too just like the V2.5 or HVD

I looked up Variable Ego-t and I see why you would think its considered variable voltage. thats the way they advertise it. But basically your variable voltage just lets you know when its full, half, low. By their logic my iphone is variable voltage and it lets me know by the bar on the screen.

the O-Phos & the v1 are simply 2 rebranded chinese batteries. (or probably untested Joyetech clones? ... ) And in my opinion they also could be considered variable voltage batteries because they are unregulated!

I personally dont use my omicron v1 anymore..., the voltage is not stable enough to be able to make a proper use of my 1.5 carts... where the go twist does its job very well.

Now with stable 3.2v I'm able to use my 1.5 carts properly without any risk of overheat. And my battery lasts longer... because of the low voltage.
And I also feel safer because I know this ego battery has been sold ten thousend of times , what means they are tested a way better omicron batteries ever will be, if they are tested at all.

Jhonny,

OF

the O-Phos & the v1 are simply 2 rebranded chinese batteries. (or probably untested Joyetech clones? ... ) And in my opinion they also could be considered variable voltage batteries because they are unregulated!

I personally dont use my omicron v1 anymore..., the voltage is not stable enough to be able to make a proper use of my 1.5 carts... where the go twist does its job very well.

Now with stable 3.2v I'm able to use my 1.5 carts properly without any risk of overheat. And my battery lasts longer... because of the low voltage.
And I also feel safer because I know this ego battery has been sold ten thousend of times , what means they are tested a way better omicron batteries ever will be, if they are tested at all.

Interesting observations, I don't have an O-Phos, but believe it's a V1 with a built in charger? Yes, they are Chinese made, but I don't think you can call them 'rebranded' unless you can show me the same exact thing with another name on it? Since all similar batteries I can find have a different connector, and the only ones with the same connector are different models I think THC's claim that he orders his parts made in China is honest and accurate. Who's design is he 'knocking off'? Where can I buy the same thing cheaper with another name on it?

I bet he would say he's 'getting them custom made for him'? Same as say a GM wiper motor?

You're welcome to your opinion of what variable voltage is, but that term has been already defined for public use long before you were born. It means one you can vary at will. I'd advise using a more technically correct term. Maybe 'unstable'? Or 'not controlled' or 'not regulated' (only I'm pretty sure V1 is in fact regulated ....), but "variable voltage" is already defined as something else. As to 'proper use' you are again welcome to a personal opinion, but the maker I think gets to tell us how his device is intended to be used and he seems to feel the cart was developed to run on V1s? I bet he considers the V1 proper, and it is his call?

And I wouldn't be too quick to slam the V1 with 1.5s over overheat. Specifically maximum output (fresh charge) is 3.18 Volts in my tests, which I think you agree is less than 3.2 so it should actually be a bit cooler on the V1 at the most? And since 'buck/boost' circuits are typically in the 'low eighties' efficiency wise, 20% of the energy is lost in the regulator, the batteries therefore last a considerably shorter time delivering the same energy to the load. Same as you car MPG goes down pulling a trailer. You might go just as fast, but the tank of gas won't carry you as many miles.

I'm glad you're happy, that is after all the goal. Your logic is, I think, flawed, your 'facts' wrong. I'd hate for some innocent take them otherwise......

Limited bravery, but I have a coffee break tomorrow (not now- it's 4am) and I recently purchased a meter. I also happened to watch a youtube instructional on how to use said meter, so I might be able to deliver some results.... is there something I could test here? (well there's lot's I could test- anything on this ego c twist that I should test, or that you'd like me to test?)

Cool, hard to get really useful numbers without a load on it, but it'd be nice to know what the "open circuit voltage" is on the various settings. You can probe right at the connector on the center pin with one probe while holding the other on the outside. Watch out for shorts to the wall, it's supposed to be protected from such abuse (shorted carts), but no sense testing that part out if it fails.....

Thanks.

OF

OF,

Jhonny

Interesting observations, I don't have an O-Phos, but believe it's a V1 with a built in charger? Yes, they are Chinese made, but I don't think you can call them 'rebranded' unless you can show me the same exact thing with another name on it? Since all similar batteries I can find have a different connector, and the only ones with the same connector are different models I think THC's claim that he orders his parts made in China is honest and accurate. Who's design is he 'knocking off'? Where can I buy the same thing cheaper with another name on it?

I bet he would say he's 'getting them custom made for him'? Same as say a GM wiper motor?

You're welcome to your opinion of what variable voltage is, but that term has been already defined for public use long before you were born. It means one you can vary at will. I'd advise using a more technically correct term. Maybe 'unstable'? Or 'not controlled' or 'not regulated' (only I'm pretty sure V1 is in fact regulated ....), but "variable voltage" is already defined as something else. As to 'proper use' you are again welcome to a personal opinion, but the maker I think gets to tell us how his device is intended to be used and he seems to feel the cart was developed to run on V1s? I bet he considers the V1 proper, and it is his call?

And I wouldn't be too quick to slam the V1 with 1.5s over overheat. Specifically maximum output (fresh charge) is 3.18 Volts in my tests, which I think you agree is less than 3.2 so it should actually be a bit cooler on the V1 at the most? And since 'buck/boost' circuits are typically in the 'low eighties' efficiency wise, 20% of the energy is lost in the regulator, the batteries therefore last a considerably shorter time delivering the same energy to the load. Same as you car MPG goes down pulling a trailer. You might go just as fast, but the tank of gas won't carry you as many miles.

I'm glad you're happy, that is after all the goal. Your logic is, I think, flawed, your 'facts' wrong. I'd hate for some innocent take them otherwise......

The maker lives in china...

Once again... I'm not responsible for the lack of informations provided (or not) by Delta9vapes!

At the moment the 601 thread and the cartridges are the only things "developped" by thcscientist and his team.

The v1 & o-phos are chinese e-cig batteries and the v2-2.5 & persei are simple e-cig mods or torch mods with 601 thread. They are just selling different kind of batteries: standard e-cig batteries with 601 thread.

And instead of buying extremely overpriced and untested batteries, where no official specs nor documentation is provided, people should know that they simply can buy a 10$ ego battery with an adapter in order to be able to use omicron cartridges. And with the ego twist at 20$, you will be able to make a better use of your carts and concentrates that the v1 or o-phos ever will. Thats a fact.

Simply keep up to date your documentations and test properly your products before selling them!

Jhonny,
Reactions: Soflo

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I think these guys from Poland sell sold what looks very similar to the v1, and apparently it had a 601 thread too. :shrug: The Mild X6 on mild.pl They don't have it on the site any more.

m_BateriaX6.jpg

edit. If you google 'mild x6' they're still available.

WatTyler,
Someone's got a personal vendetta against d9. Or maybe a deep rooted love for cheap chinese batteries with no CS behind them.
34 posts...all backhanded bashes of D9V. I love this ignore button.
Sorry, been busy here, but my hvd end cap came early last week. Works great. Thanks G.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I hope it doesn't surprise you too much that this has been done a lot, starting several years back. Many of us (I've tried 5 different models myself) have some good luck with them in some cases, most have found low end units like you suggest not up to the heavy service needed. Their lifetime is short, they often seem to die on the owners without warning. The V1 was built to address some of this. V2 to address some of the remaining weaknesses and respond to customer requests over time.

Notice a key feature of the V2 and Persei is not found on 'better' e-cig supplies, no time out. The typical 8 or so second time out to protect e-cigs and against law suits is just not a good thing with Omicron carts, guys with V1s complained bitterly about this.
Good luck with your unit, but please don't be concerned about to obvious being overlooked. Not only has it been noticed, it's been tried to death.....literally. Selectable output is nice, but not the same as variable.

OF
well said.
this is a 300 page thread, go count how many times ego batts of all styles have been brought up. this is serious old hat. we buy from thc to support his tech. they cost more, but they are also WARRANTIED. i have several ego's and some work, some have burnt out. no one sent me a new one when they broke or burnt out. these guys do. yea they might be made in china (not preferred), but i have had a v1 replaced as well as a v2 and hvd. they might make mistakes along the way, but that's the price of innovation. you can have issues with the cost, or with the carts, but unless you have something new or constructive to add in your criticism you are just beating a dead horse. plenty of knock-off companies in this world. we all know these exist (i am assuming). if ya gotta go cheap, go cheap, but dollars to donuts, you'll pay more in the long run... my two cents. seriously feel like this............:horse:

OF

The maker lives in china...

And instead of buying extremely overpriced and untested batteries, where no official specs nor documentation is provided, people should know that they simply can buy a 10$ ego battery with an adapter in order to be able to use omicron cartridges. And with the ego twist at 20$, you will be able to make a better use of your carts and concentrates that the v1 or o-phos ever will. Thats a fact.

No, the folks who make it live there. "Maker" is a technical term. GM makes cars, the parts come from all over. You knew what I meant, you're just being argumentative for the sake of it....not a good way to have an adult conversation IMO. Please change that or I'll let you talk to yourself?

I'm quite sure all the folks here know there are cheap e-cigs that have been used to power Omicron carts, Lord knows we discuss it here enough, it's just that most of us with open minds have found that it's not a reliable way to go which is why we don't generally recommend it. Hardware failures are a very big deal to most. As is saving money.

How you can state the long term suitability of a brand new product is "a fact" is beyond me. IMO it's not even an objective opinion....it has no experience to back it up. If, after this unit has established a good track record, folks want to decide if it's a good value that's cool. For now it seems at least reasonable to think it'll be no more up to the task than all the other similar products.

Recommend what you want, but be prepared to back it up with more than flames for THC. I'll continue to do the same?

Someone's got a personal vendetta against d9. Or maybe a deep rooted love for cheap chinese batteries with no CS behind them.
34 posts...all backhanded bashes of D9V. I love this ignore button.
Sorry, been busy here, but my hvd end cap came early last week. Works great. Thanks G.

Hey, we all need a mission in life, right? I just hope I figure mine out before it's too late.....

Best wishes.

OF

Jhonny

well said.
this is a 300 page thread, go count how many times ego batts of all styles have been brought up. this is serious old hat. we buy from thc to support his tech. they cost more, but they are also WARRANTIED. i have several ego's and some work, some have burnt out. no one sent me a new one when they broke or burnt out. these guys do. yea they might be made in china (not preferred), but i have had a v1 replaced as well as a v2 and hvd. they might make mistakes along the way, but that's the price of innovation. you can have issues with the cost, or with the carts, but unless you have something new or constructive to add in your criticism you are just beating a dead horse. plenty of knock-off companies in this world. we all know these exist (i am assuming). if ya gotta go cheap, go cheap, but dollars to donuts, you'll pay more in the long run... my two cents. seriously feel like this............:horse:

why do you feel the need to lie?

Millions of people are using joyetech products...

I have several ego batteries from joyetech, and not one of them burnt out.
They all worked when I got them and never had to send one back!

Ok D9 is a small company, but they sell simple e-cigs for extremely high prices, so they could at least test their products and keep up to date their documentations.
(the kind of facts, you guys seem to hate)

And explain me how I will pay more in the long run?
at the moment Im able to use my 1.5 carts at 3.2v and my 2.4 carts at 4v-4.8v.
For 20$ I'm able to increase or decrease the voltage what you aren't able to do for 200$ without changing batteries and carts.

By increasing the voltage I also recovered a few carts and their content that didn't work anymore on my v1. Thats also money...

And if one day I need a battery that will run at 5 amps I will buy a (VV) Mod that can handle more than 5 amps or the Persei if I see that D9 tests their products before selling them!!!

But at the moment I dont need it, because my v1 was bought for stealth vaping.

Hey, we all need a mission in life, right? I just hope I figure mine out before it's too late.....

Best wishes.

OF

what's your mission here?

and please keep your personal attacks for youself and stop being childish!!!

Jhonny

That's easy, your batteries will burn out! And you'd send them back to whom?

Saying they won't ever burn out because they haven't already is like towing a car with a piece of tiny string: "Hey look it's working! See look! Oh it broke...... "

if they burn out, I buy a new one for 10-20$!

And I simply order it from my home, without the need to go to the postal office and pay 20$ shipping to send it back to D9!

Jhonny,

tharealmclovin

if they burn out, I buy a new one for 10-20$!

And I simply order it from my home, without the need to go to the postal office and pay 20$ shipping to send it back to D9!

You are the type that is unhappy from the start. There is no way to make you happy. Use you Ego and we will use our D9V overpriced ecigs.

You win. You must have the better device because it's cheaper right. We all bow down to your superior buying skills and we are all retarded for ever doubting you.

Can we please get back to a useful subject?

PS. you are getting raped if you are paying $20 to ship something. I pay $8.00 and get free carts and surprises when my package comes back.

Jhonny

you are getting raped if you are paying $20 to ship something. I pay $8.00 and get free carts and surprises when my package comes back.

than you should stop supporting companies who like you say "rape" their customers!

37$ @ Delta9vapes to ship the omicron to UK!

9$ at Planetvape ...

Jhonny,

OF

than you should stop supporting companies who like you say "rape" their customers!

9$ at Planetvape ...

Boy, now that's a stretch.....my advice is to buy from PV if you're in the UK then. Hey, if you check back you'll see I'm already on record about PV and have recommended them many times. Now, I see another reason. Thanks.

But that wasn't the topic was it? The topic is why you would choose to pay $20 when as TRM suggests you have cheaper options (you're the one so cost conscious here...). I smell a strawman.

More to the point, as has been pointed out by JKA there is a LONG history in these 300 odd pages of guys with this 'secret' to share. Many regular members have also tried them and reported FAILURES in service. I don't expect you to read all those pages and educate yourself in our collective experience but please understand you're "trying to teach Granny to suck eggs" here. If you don't understand that, you might want to look it up?

Despite what you might think we're not stupid, inexperienced, or on the take and we do have access to search engines. We have our share of e-cig users as you might guess. We see THC past a few products they've offered in the past. With the exception of the O-Phos (which as you've been told was 'developed' in direct response to requests) the current THC products are nothing at all like the cheap e-cigs you're advocating. They don't look the same, they perform better for this use, they don't have a history of burning out, they don't time out, they have first rate Customer Support, you can change batteries without charging......

Sorry man, from here looks like you're chopping but no chips are flying.

OF

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down

9$ at Planetvape ...

Dude, we all get it. You have a beef with Delta9 and you genuinely believe that you have this whole thing figured out. Great. Tons of other people here with plenty of experience tend to disagree with you. You're not going to sway anybody's opinions and we obviously aren't going to sway your's, therefor all that remains is arguing for argument's sake, which none of us need. So since nothing else productive will be coming of this back and forth between you and this forum, why don't you just take your newly discovered holy grail of vapes and move along. :wave:

OF

There should be a dislike button and after 10 dislikes your post gets deleted. If you gather 100+ dislikes you get sent off the island...

Didn't Gallagher have a routine about that? You have a sign on the back of your car and a dart gun, when you collect 3 darts on your sign, a cop stops you and gives you a ticket....

If he came up with it, it must be a good idea. Let's vote on it....

OF

Top Bottom