Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

tharealmclovin

Really? Ok..... So your omicron output with a fresh battery is 3.7 volts right?
The eGo-t has a selectable output voltage. Either 3.3 3.7 or 4.2v
Depending on how much voltage you want. So eGo-t has roughly .5v higher output,
this is the same difference between the v2 and the unregulated top(v2.5 or hvd at 3.7)
It is very obvious

Thats not variable voltage. Vaiable Voltage is being able to change the battery configuration to change the voltage. ie: 3.7, 6.0, 7.4. Basically all you have done is taken a step back to the V1 or O-Phos. But instead of buying it from the originator, you bought a chinese bootleg.

That is fine for you but most of us prefer to pay the company that originated and is still working to improve the products, not the fly by night china site that sells replicas with no warranty or support.

Damn when will the 2.4's be back. Just went to order and I cant.

GR

Thats not variable voltage. Vaiable Voltage is being able to change the battery configuration to change the voltage. ie: 3.7, 6.0, 7.4. Basically all you have done is taken a step back to the V1 or O-Phos. But instead of buying it from the originator, you bought a chinese bootleg.

That is fine for you but most of us prefer to pay the company that originated and is still working to improve the products, not the fly by night china site that sells replicas with no warranty or support.

No need to knock a good company while praising Delta 9. I have been using ego stuff for two years for ecigs and all of my original equipment still works fine. Almost all the stuff I have got from G has gone back to him in under two months for a fix or replace, not knocking Delta 9 since their customer support is top knotch, just a comment that it needs fixing while my "cheap Chinese knock offs" just keep working..

Stepping back to the V1 or O-Phos? I have been just trying to get my V2 to work as well as my V1 and O-Phos, now things are very close with the V2.5 and the HVD but limited by the battery. I agree, I support Delta 9, hey I have over a grand in their stuff and it would suck if they had a Tommy Chong happened and I couldn't get my shit anymore. I have tried to use ecig stuff for oils with limited success, when I flung Delta 9 I was very happy but shit happens and a master case of 1.5 ohm carts is my next order so on a worst case scenario I can use those cheap knock off batteries and controllers for the next couple of years.

GR,
Reactions: Jhonny

tharealmclovin

No need to knock a good company while praising Delta 9. I have been using ego stuff for two years for ecigs and all of my original equipment still works fine. Almost all the stuff I have got from G has gone back to him in under two months for a fix or replace, not knocking Delta 9 since their customer support is top knotch, just a comment that it needs fixing while my "cheap Chinese knock offs" just keep working..

Stepping back to the V1 or O-Phos? I have been just trying to get my V2 to work as well as my V1 and O-Phos, now things are very close with the V2.5 and the HVD but limited by the battery.

I didnt realize it was an Ego. by the picture I just assumed ebay knock off

tharealmclovin,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools

Seriously? variable voltage is just that VARIABLE, it does not matter if it is done by replacing batteries or by a button,
just that the voltage is changed. Your v2\2.5 will not output 4.2v . Its either 3.7 or 7.4 with 2 batteries. I dont need a pocket of batteries to change the voltage. Just a push of the button. And btw the ophos is not variable voltage.

Soflo,

tharealmclovin

thats just an unregulated battery not variable voltage. The O-phos is unregulated too just like the V2.5 or HVD

I looked up Variable Ego-t and I see why you would think its considered variable voltage. thats the way they advertise it. But basically your variable voltage just lets you know when its full, half, low. By their logic my iphone is variable voltage and it lets me know by the bar on the screen.

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: Jay420

OF

Stepping back to the V1 or O-Phos? I have been just trying to get my V2 to work as well as my V1 and O-Phos, now things are very close with the V2.5 and the HVD but limited by the battery.

I agree, the puny battery in V1 and O-phos really does limit them, doesn't it?

You might want to check that 'now very close' part. My measurements show a .4 Volt advantage for V2.5 with 14500s over V1 with 2.4 Ohm loads, .5 Volts with 1.5s when fully charged. IMO that's a pretty big advantage.....

The original V2 was a push at 2.4 Ohms but lost an extra .2 Volts with the heavier load.

That's 3.82 vs 3.32 and 3.65 vs 3.18 respectively for those taking notes...... "You do the math" as the saying goes?

OF

JoeKickass

thats just an unregulated battery not variable voltage. The O-phos is unregulated too just like the V2.5 or HVD

I looked up Variable Ego-t and I see why you would think its considered variable voltage. thats the way they advertise it. But basically your variable voltage just lets you know when its full, half, low. By their logic my iphone is variable voltage and it lets me know by the bar on the screen.

Yes, the Twist looked interesting going all the way to 4.8v but it can't compare to 7.4v imo...

This makes it look like a mod edited your comment! :ninja:

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
I looked up Variable Ego-t and I see why you would think its considered variable voltage. thats the way they advertise it. But basically your variable voltage just lets you know when its full, half, low. By their logic my iphone is variable voltage and it lets me know by the bar on the screen.[/quote]

Do some real research, not just what you think you know, i have a dmm that will prove you wrong.
There is not a battery indicator on this battery, and you have to go through a button pushing process to get the output voltage to change. The led button changes colors to let you know what voltage it is outputting, this is a new style battery.

Soflo,

tharealmclovin

Do some real research, not just what you think you know, i have a dmm that will prove you wrong.
There is not a battery indicator on this battery, and you have to go through a button pushing process to get the output voltage to change. The led button changes colors to let you know what voltage it is outputting, this is a new style battery.[/quote]

And I guarntee you are using it at its full output. so as the battey dies test it and you will see that the voltage is dropping. . Sorry I dont research every model of every mod. from your picture it looked like a cheap knockoff.

tharealmclovin,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Yes, the Twist looked interesting going all the way to 4.8v but it can't compare to 7.4v imo...

agreed completly! 1.5ohm at 4.2v Is very niiice too!!! Im not trying to start fights or pissing matches
I just want to let you guys know whats working for me, looks stealth as hell, has a passthrough, is smaller and lighter, oh yea one more thing, its pocket friendly!

Soflo,

OF

There is not a battery indicator on this battery, and you have to go through a button pushing process to get the output voltage to change. The led button changes colors to let you know what voltage it is outputting, this is a new style battery.

Do you have a site for that? I too can't find a Joyce Ego with USB and VV at the same time. I can find one, or the other but not both??? FWIW the 'power left' meter is useful IMO, but that doesn't seem to be available with USB either? Nor it it Joyce made or seems trouble free.....

TIA

OF

OF,

tharealmclovin

what you dont understand is that we all basically went through that model last year. we saw all the problems with it, complianed to THC and now he has made the changes everyone has asked for. yes it is a work in progress to make everyone happy, but the forward progress was all for a reason IMO

OF

we saw all the problems with it, complianed to THC and now he has made the changes everyone has asked for.

Well not really everyone. I asked for a shorter tube to run 14500s instead of the longer 14650s (for size, I didn't realize at the time how under performing the 14650 is). Instead I ended up with an even shorter tube and smaller battery to fit, which is cool enough but not what I'd asked for.....

As it turns out, while I didn't get what I wanted, I can now run 14500s with the new longer spring. And come to find out it's a more powerful setup anyway. Just not as short as I'd hoped for using that battery (which I have several of).

But then I'm a nobody, so I guess THC could say "nobody asked for that"?

OF

tharealmclovin

Well not really everyone. I asked for a shorter tube to run 14500s instead of the longer 14650s (for size, I didn't realize at the time how under performing the 14650 is). Instead I ended up with an even shorter tube and smaller battery to fit, which is cool enough but not what I'd asked for.....

As it turns out, while I didn't get what I wanted, I can now run 14500s with the new longer spring. And come to find out it's a more powerful setup anyway. Just not as short as I'd hoped for using that battery (which I have several of).

But then I'm a nobody, so I guess THC could say "nobody asked for that"?

OF

I just ordered a 14500 to try it. I dont use my mini tube. I could see how people really like it but the battery life was not for me

tharealmclovin,

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
Soflo,

GR

The more OF ( or should I call you Nobody?) talks about these 14500s the more I am interested. I didn't realize they outperformed the batts in the V1, that is a big wow since the V1 can make me cough in 10sec or less with a 1.5ohm cart. I like the option of using the 14650 or the 14500 ( at least the option when I order them, OF would you please post the link from where you order them again), when I first medicate I grab the V1 and after that I use the V2.5 or HVD to keep things going for the day using Bob's preheat method.

Bob another big thanks for the preheat method, as an old head it reminds me of smoking a joint with this method, toke pause, toke pause, repeat until lungs are full, old habits die hard.

OF

Here you go OF.... This isn't where I got mine, but it does the same thing
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye_eGo_C_Upgrade_Passthrough_650mAh_p/ego-c-upt.htm

Thanks. I've ordered the similar model without the USB port (got one of those I don't use....) in favor of the power meter (which I find more interesting) to see what this VV is all about.

It's just a personal call, it's not a real pass through (it's really a parallel charger like cell phones, it needs a good battery to work) and it adds length I'd rather be without. I'm OK with charging the old fashioned way if I can't just swap out the battery (first choice).

I'll plan on posting my measurements here in a week or so when it gets here.

Thanks again.

OF

OF,

Bart

Yeah the Twist caught my eye because it can boost the voltage up to 4.8v but I'm not sure what the max current is so it's still a bit of a gamble...
It's a 2.5 amp limit but all egos die quick with a high drain. The MOSFET switch can't handle heat. And these carts heat more than eliquids.

OF

Yeah the Twist caught my eye because it can boost the voltage up to 4.8v but I'm not sure what the max current is so it's still a bit of a gamble...

Same here, I note stuff like:
"Due to the nature of low resistance atomizers, and cartomizers please use caution going about 4.2v with items 2ohm and lower to avoid the risk of damage to the atomizer, cartomizer, or battery."

Kinda makes me think it's OK for light duty use, but out for 1.5 Ohmers? I've decided to check out the other one, this one's available for a brave soul with a little time and a meter......

It's a 2.5 amp limit but all egos die quick with a high drain. The MOSFET switch can't handle heat. And these carts heat more than eliquids.

Given the quote above, that's no doubt about right!

OF

Same here, I note stuff like:
"Due to the nature of low resistance atomizers, and cartomizers please use caution going about 4.2v with items 2ohm and lower to avoid the risk of damage to the atomizer, cartomizer, or battery."

Kinda makes me think it's OK for light duty use, but out for 1.5 Ohmers? I've decided to check out the other one, this one's available for a brave soul with a little time and a meter......

Given the quote above, that's no doubt about right!

OF
These Ego-C's, non-Twist, are exactly the new Joyetech controller I mentioned a week+ ago.

If you're going to try one out, get the 18650 Joyetech eGo-T tube mod for $20-25 and put in an AW 1600 or 2000 mAh - makes a good bat for a DART (though the controller DOES sometime overheat when chain-hitting the DART). The electronics are the same, but if you are going to test something, how about a $20 tube with a $10 battery instead of a lower powered built-in stick.

The Twist is something else entirely. A boost-buck from 3.2 to 4.8v with very low dropout (Joyetech has/had curves online for various resistance loads and voltage settings), but no USB Twist version exists yet AFAIK,

-NDA

Nick Again,

OF

These Ego-C's, non-Twist, are exactly the new Joyetech controller I mentioned a week+ ago.

The electronics are the same, but if you are going to test something, how about a $20 tube with a $10 battery instead of a lower powered built-in stick.

Even though there's no question mark there, I think it's a question? If so, the answer is no, thanks, it has none of the features I'm interested in (Small size, VV, and the battery meter). I have a similar unit (minus the lock function which I don't use anyway) that I don't use much so I've no interest there, either.

If you think this is worth consideration, perhaps you should try it and post your results? I'm sure there'd be interest one way or the other.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

OF

OF,

OF

The more OF ( or should I call you Nobody?) talks about these 14500s the more I am interested. I didn't realize they outperformed the batts in the V1, that is a big wow since the V1 can make me cough in 10sec or less with a 1.5ohm cart. I like the option of using the 14650 or the 14500 ( at least the option when I order them, OF would you please post the link from where you order them again), when I first medicate I grab the V1 and after that I use the V2.5 or HVD to keep things going for the day using Bob's preheat method.

GR,

I'm sorry, I missed this earlier somehow. I just ran across it looking for something else. Yes I was surprised when V2 didn't do as well as V1 with 1.5 Ohm carts. Then when HVD came out and I tested the mini and long tube (14650) and got the jaw dropping lower power than with that bitty little 250 in the short tube! Turns out the 650s have more capacity but higher internal resistance. They 'sag' a lot more under load.

Put one of these in there then hang onto your hat:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR-14500-LiMN-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_3644.html

Expect near half a Volt difference with a charged battery, that edge will drop some but it's ahead of the V1 right into the mud.

You won't catch me defending what Bob does, and that's for sure....

And by the way, it's Mister Nobody to you....

Again, sorry I missed your question.

OF

Top Bottom