Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THChemist

You guys need Internal Resistance measurements of some batteries?

I have a couple of tools that can measure such things ;)

THChemist,

Makavapei

So, I was supposed to get my cap that lets the HVD be a true mini, but instead I got a additional HVD end cap. Now I have two of them. I am sad.

Makavapei,

OF

So, I was supposed to get my cap that lets the HVD be a true mini, but instead I got a additional HVD end cap. Now I have two of them. I am sad.

I think you shouldn't be, note my post above, you'll get better results with one and a 14500 rather than a short one and the supplied 14650s....at least I did.

They'll no doubt send you what you want if you open a ticket (complaining here doesn't do it...), but I really don't think it's what you want, unless you're not looking for yet 'bigger clouds' which I'll bet dollars to doughnuts you are?

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

Even if we do want to go out and buy 14500's, we still only need one hvd end cap..

But I'd be curious to see how the 14500 does against the 14650 at lower charge levels...

JoeKickass,

Makavapei

I like donuts, but I would love to have my hvd as a mini unit, as well as v2 functional unit as well. D9 has yet to make this HVD headache go away. I submitted a ticket, but they sent the wrong part. I will add another ticket, interesting news on these batts.

Makavapei,

OF

Even if we do want to go out and buy 14500's, we still only need one hvd end cap..

But I'd be curious to see how the 14500 does against the 14650 at lower charge levels...

"Charge levels"? That I don't understand, should make no difference??

If you meant discharge levels, the advantage gets smaller and smaller as the levels go down. And the bigger one has a capacity (charge life) advantage all along. A significant one (66%).

Yes, the cap point was the original point. Another short cap is beat by what you have an a couple of these:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR-14500-LiMN-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_3644.html

Note I'm suggesting replacing a battery with 30% more volume, but 66% more capacity. The tradeoffs in the second design were shaded toward high capacity (sells well as we know) over this part of performance (high power drain). There's a clue there for which is likely 'best' for each guy as I see it.

A spacer on the bottom would do the same thing with the short cap, of course, you don't need the fancy new cap to upgrade your standard V2 and get 'bigger clouds'...... With the new 'unregulated heads' you get even more.

Let me put it this way, for LV the hottest system you can build today is the new cap and the above battery. Better than any other LV configuration by a fair bit (about 20% minimum?).

OF

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
would a 14500 3.7 trustfire at 900mAh work? I notice the AW you posted was 600mAH. Is this for the new HVD head or is this for the new unregulated head non 7.4 head that just went up on the site? I like big clouds :tup:

kushcabbage,

OF

would a 14500 3.7 trustfire at 900mAh work? I notice the AW you posted was 600mAH. Is this for the new HVD head or is this for the new unregulated head non 7.4 head that just went up on the site? I like big clouds :tup:

Not as well, yes, yes.

I'm not surprised.

OF

Jay420

Does anyone know if Haborside carries 3,4, and 5 ohm carts at all? I stopped by yesterday day and had to settle with a 2.4ohm cart, they just dont hit as hard but maybes its time for a t break lol :uhoh:.

And G, had a question about the returns for the HDV. I'm a little confused about it it , I'm not sure what it exactly entails to return my lovely HDV kit back. I guess what I'm trying to find out is will we be forced to give up our 7.4v? Or do you already have a revised head for the 7.4v kits, or is it getting tossed under the bus?

Jay420,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Okay guys,

I am once again confused, this time about this IMR 14250 battery you guys are mentioning. What exactly is the benefit of getting this particular battery?

kindbeats,

Dgtheonlyg

Okay guys,

I am once again confused, this time about this IMR 14250 battery you guys are mentioning. What exactly is the benefit of getting this particular battery?
its the batts that comes with the hvd, it fits the 3.7 mini and 7.4 long tube

Dgtheonlyg,

OF

its the batts that comes with the hvd, it fits the 3.7 mini and 7.4 long tube

No, it's not. It won't fit the mini (too long) nor is it any part of 7.4 systems, nor is it shipped (or even offered) by THC.

The 'exact benefit' is lower internal resistance, FWIW.

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
No, it's not. It won't fit the mini (too long) nor is it any part of 7.4 systems, nor is it shipped (or even offered) by THC.

The 'exact benefit' is lower internal resistance, FWIW.

OF
they are talking about the 14250
Okay guys,

not the 14500

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

OF

they are talking about the 14250

not the 14500

My mistake, thanks Bob, sorry for the confusion.

So a better answer is 'the 14250 is the only way to get the mini or 7.4 Volt version to work'. There just aren't many high power small batteries like this out there, they tend to be made into battery packs without steel jackets for RC stuff and the like.

OF

"Charge levels"? That I don't understand, should make no difference??

If you meant discharge levels, the advantage gets smaller and smaller as the levels go down. And the bigger one has a capacity (charge life) advantage all along. A significant one (66%).

Yes, the cap point was the original point. Another short cap is beat by what you have an a couple of these:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR-14500-LiMN-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_3644.html

Note I'm suggesting replacing a battery with 30% more volume, but 66% more capacity. The tradeoffs in the second design were shaded toward high capacity (sells well as we know) over this part of performance (high power drain). There's a clue there for which is likely 'best' for each guy as I see it.

A spacer on the bottom would do the same thing with the short cap, of course, you don't need the fancy new cap to upgrade your standard V2 and get 'bigger clouds'...... With the new 'unregulated heads' you get even more.

Let me put it this way, for LV the hottest system you can build today is the new cap and the above battery. Better than any other LV configuration by a fair bit (about 20% minimum?).

OF
This isn't exactly new news - see http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/211964-alright-e-power-mod-7.html where an AW 14500 puts out .4 to .67 volts more than the stock 14650 in an ePower mod (nearly identical to an Omi V2.x). The measurements are for 2.0 and 3.0 Ohm ecig attys, so a 2.4 Ohm omicron cartridge should be in the same ball park.

If people really want BIG clouds, you can just recommend (like you seem to have) a KR LT set to 4.2v - or to do it on the cheap, and
get a Joyetech eGo-W Twist output voltage (settable from 3.2 to 4.8 volts - comes in 650mAh or 1000 mAh for cheap $20-30),

-NDA

Nick Again,

OF

This isn't exactly new news - see http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/211964-alright-e-power-mod-7.html where an AW 14500 puts out .4 to .67 volts more than the stock 14650 in an ePower mod (nearly identical to an Omi V2.x).

Actually I think it is 'news', that is new information here. The stuff you cite is not relevant, I think we all agree there's usually an advantage to going to IMR chemistry, but in this case the V2 battery already is IMR. That's not the change I'm talking about.

I don't know about the unit you cite, but given some "V2.x" heads are regulated and some are not it seems unlikely it's "nearly identical" to all?

Anyway, we're talking apples here, no fair sneaking an orange into the mix. It's IMR against IMR.

OF

Keak420

So, my charger broke and cant find any in san jose. Then i find harborside has one left and drive there from gilroy to find out its a DUD( or my pens dont charge any more had them 8 mths ) when i get home!!! NOOOOOOOOOO. Is there any way i can upgrade my omicron to a newer model this sucks ass just got new carts and filled 2 of them cant even fucking smoke! Argh :( lol.

Keak420,

eLiguL

So im gonna buy another 5 pack of carts.

I have the Omi V2, do I still want to grab the 1.5's?

eLiguL,
So, my charger broke and cant find any in san jose. Then i find harborside has one left and drive there from gilroy to find out its a DUD( or my pens dont charge any more had them 8 mths ) when i get home!!! NOOOOOOOOOO. Is there any way i can upgrade my omicron to a newer model this sucks ass just got new carts and filled 2 of them cant even fucking smoke! Argh :( lol.
Have you cleaned your connections? I ask because a dirty connection will make a new charger seem like a "dud". Also, since your batts haven't been used in 8months, maybe they have so.little charge that they need to be on the charger for a while before they register. If you've checked all those, your batteries may be dead.

havealight101,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom