Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

JoeKickass

New HVD tube that has correct screw alignment with logo on the original long tube

Everyone complains about this but honestly it sounds like the only way they can make them line up is to cut a new body for each top and then do the printing after they are cut, they just can't make them all perfectly identical so the body has to be matched to the top.

The mismatched text doesn't bother me at all though, it's such small printing and your hand covers it 99% of the time anyway...

Not hot-headed in the least, just sharing *my experience, and I realize most of you have had good experiences with them and their products. I was actually very happy with the base V2, which is why I went right for the HVD and 5.0 carts which were way below the quality of my V2 and the carts included with it. I mean, don't think these carts are supposed to have elements fall out of the bottom or oil leak out of the base of the cart - or an HVD unit which I actually consider "dangerous" in that it lock-resets and stays on.

But, I am glad some of you are so confident and I do hope they make it right, as I think they are on to something here with this line of products.

ChrisCanav,
Everyone complains about this but honestly it sounds like the only way they can make them line up is to cut a new body for each top and then do the printing after they are cut, they just can't make them all perfectly identical so the body has to be matched to the top.

The mismatched text doesn't bother me at all though, it's such small printing and your hand covers it 99% of the time anyway...

Well when you buy a product at a high cost point and considered to be such a precise machined tool, things like misalgined logos and touchy battery connects are a valid complaint - although my product defects have much deeper issues than just the logo.

ChrisCanav,

JoeKickass

It blinks whenever the battery is disconnected and reconnected.

I did however, just discover a fix.

For the 7.4v do this:

Unscrew the (extended) bottom cap from the body a couple times
Drop a metal battery charging spacer in from the top (plus side up, shake it if you need)
Drop your two tiny batteries in
Compress the batteries by screwing the top down the whole way
Now screw down your bottom cap until you feel it snug up on the batteries inside

The fix for the 3.7v long is a bit trickier:

Since the battery charging spacer is too thick
We need to find washers that fit around the bottom cap's center post
I found some great ones that were labeled 10-32 that measure 5.2mm ID and 12mm OD
But anything with a center hole larger than 5mm and a diameter of less than 14mm should work
Now stack them on the center post so the tip sticks out like the charging spacer tip (5 washers for me)
Load batteries from the bottom this time, screw the cap down until it snugs up
If the cap screws down all the way add more washers, you want it nice and snug on the battery itself

Your hvd lock function will now work :D

Man this thread grows fast, this is my fix for the bump reset and it's back on page 296

rayfar

There is nothing in it that can melt, this is a miss conception.

There are many reasons why it could leak, one being bad oil, two user issue, three being defective.

Now before we diagnose the leaking issue, i need to ask a few questions.

What ohm cart?

What voltage?

How long are your puffs?

How long do you let it cool down between puffs?

What kind of oil are you using?

hey G, i was using the 2.4 Ohm cart that came with my V2, and im using the HVD top so i think thats 4.2 volts? my puffs are any where from 3-8 seconds, and my breaks between hits are 5-20 seconds. I started the cart with PG and then added some of my friends home made budder.

so youre saying there is no 'seal' at all?

rayfar,
Man this thread grows fast, this is my fix for the bump reset and it's back on page 296

Yes, while jamming spacers in may work I didn't consider this as a solution for me - not when we are talking rechargeable batteries and heating elements that I would prefer worked as engineered. I would rather have a refund on the unit as a whole or a design that works out of the box as opposed to a homebrew solution. I can see it as a valid solution for some though.

ChrisCanav,

GR

who ever said that they took hits from a 2.4 ohm on 7.4v is a nut, i just tired it and i literally got massive clouds in less than 3 seconds. G is this a safe combo to use haha

That would be me, I am not the first on here to say it though.

Much more then 5 sec and you will burn the cart up. With a quick on/off you will get some tasty hits. I still haven't tried it with a new 2.5 ohm cart but after a couple of fills at 3.7v they will get a small refil and be destined to 7.4v for a special treat.

Edit: my lungs have changed over the last few months of using the Omni, I can do 7.4v, 5 ohm carts, with 15 sec rips and hold it till barely a visible cloud comes out of my lungs. No sight no waste.

Not sure if it is my lungs or the V1 batteries going dead but I can rip them on 1.5s for 20+ sec with out a thought of a cough. The first month more then a 5 sec session would break me.

GR,

Jay420

well what sucks for this time of year guys is that concentrates during this summer climate have a lot more leaking problems, just like how herb is a little dryer too. Ive used pg before and i think its too thin, I've always had problems with pg but any other oil is completely fine. But then again remember with pg you can only take 2, 7 second rips before letting it cool down 1-2min

who ever said that they took hits from a 2.4 ohm on 7.4v is a nut, i just tired it and i literally got massive clouds in less than 3 seconds. G is this a safe combo to use haha
Im getting the effects I've bee lookin for though lol :science:

Jay420,
Reactions: OF

JoeKickass

Yes, while jamming spacers in may work I didn't consider this as a solution for me - not when we are talking rechargeable batteries and heating elements that I would prefer worked as engineered. I would rather have a refund on the unit as a whole or a design that works out of the box as opposed to a homebrew solution. I can see it as a valid solution for some though.

Since I already knew the company wouldn't require us to send back the things we bought I wanted to try to make them work for me in the meantime while they build new tops.

The bottom cap is no more stressed than it is in the mini 3.7v configuration...

Dgtheonlyg

That would be me, I am not the first on here to say it though.

Much more then 5 sec and you will burn the cart up. With a quick on/off you will get some tasty hits. I still haven't tried it with a new 2.5 ohm cart but after a couple of fills at 3.7v they will get a small refil and be destined to 7.4v for a special treat.

Edit: my lungs have changed over the last few months of using the Omni, I can do 7.4v, 5 ohm carts, with 15 sec rips and hold it till barely a visible cloud comes out of my lungs. No sight no waste.

Not sure if it is my lungs or the V1 batteries going dead but I can rip them on 1.5s for 20+ sec with out a thought of a cough. The first month more then a 5 sec session would break me.
lol i don't know zeroing hits doesn't really do anything cause you absorb like 95 percent in 3 seconds.

Dgtheonlyg,

GR

lol i don't know zeroing hits doesn't really do anything cause you absorb like 95 percent in 3 seconds.

Not sure I follow. If I take a huge hit and hold it for 3sec then everything I exhale is useless vape!? Mind linking some reading to what you are stating?

If you see it you missed it is what I go by.

GR,

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
I think the poster is referring to the study that showed holding joint hits (inhale) didn't increase the blood THC level much above just hitting and exhaling cigarette style. I'm not sure I always bought that though. Studies aren't always perfectly designed. I continue to feel there is something strongly counterintuitive with having a longer hit, and significantly less smoke on exhale, but no difference in absorption. I definitely think we need more study on this...

Plus, vaping should be tested independently, as it involves a different makeup of chemicals, tars (or lack thereof), and temperatures. Any of these might influence the pharmacokinetics.

GReYAReA,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I won an Omi from Weedtracker - yeah!
I spent months trying, but finally got lucky.
It will be a prized possession, and i will always think of the time I spent reading this thread, and the time I've imagined the Omi people have put into answering all these crazy posts, not just to make a buck, but to fulfill the dream of filling a niche, well.

BTW, I tried to get across that i have 18650's and charger, if that saves you anything, and I don't see myself needing the double-head, IF it's the Persei I'd be getting (I told them all that and that i'd only expect an old model...just hope it's not the version one...don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth).

About the differences between vapor and smoke, remember smoke is particles floating in gasses, and the actives float separately within that combination.
Vapor contains the actives, and your lungs cannot seperate them from the alcanes and other stuff getting vaporized. Vapor also has a droplet size associated with it, and that droplet size may be too large to get in between our alvioli, where as smoke's particulate size is definitely small enough to get in between and drop-off the actives (and then be exhaled). This is definitely the (recognized) reason e-cig's take longer to feel than smoking - and that a lot of the absorbtion of their nicotine is done through our upper respiratory tract and our throats. Vaping pot may have some similarity, but I'll be glad to see a study, but won't expect one soon.

MaxVapor

The Professor
I agree that exhaling in a "normal" fashion and not holding it in as long as you can is "wrong". At least to me it feels that way. I have always chided myself for accidentally exhaling too soon, but it does become hard to concentrate sometimes.

It just seems logical that increased exposure should increase effect. Sure there will be some sort of drop off curve, but IMO you can always wring a little more out.

Waste not want not.

MaxVapor,

OF

I just got my new V2.5 heads, they seem to be just as advertised. Higher output (with charged battery), keylock, and normal momentary action. Same size as the original, although it seems to have the upgraded mechanicals.

Clearly, serious testing is called for. No need to thank me for this, I understand you're busy and all but still want to know. Maybe next time it can be your turn?

OF

sgvpunk

Has anyone tried one of those attachments that make your omicron look like a gpen? How well do they work? Thanks

sgvpunk,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
regardless of smoke, vapor, absorbtion times, particle size, etc... you will get higher the longer you hold it due to the dmt released in your brain due to lack of oxygen. they can mix well, but brain cells start dying off at a certain point ;)

Has anyone tried one of those attachments that make your omicron look like a gpen? How well do they work? Thanks

i have one. it actually makes my omicron look like an ecig. they work exactly how they are supposed to. for 10 bucks it's a great cover cart to hide my omi's true intentions.

Dgtheonlyg

regardless of smoke, vapor, absorbtion times, particle size, etc... you will get higher the longer you hold it due to the dmt released in your brain due to lack of oxygen. they can mix well, but brain cells start dying off at a certain point ;)

i have one. it actually makes my omicron look like an ecig. they work exactly how they are supposed to. for 10 bucks it's a great cover cart to hide my omi's true intentions.
dmt is a gnarly drug haha and I've seen people blackout from holding in hits too long from lack of oxygen. whats funny about braincells is we kill them but they grow back due to anti-oxidant activity in cannabinoids :)

Top Bottom