Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Sunset

Hi THC

anyway to make the carts look more like the battery unit.? It'll awesome if this device can look like one unit instead of having this cart sticking out of the battery base unit.

I also found tHat using the battery with fully charged will give you a stronger vape. I was hitting it and not getting much vape out of it, thought the oil was running low but I've had only about 50 hits, so I changed the battery ( used for ~3 days) to a fully chaged one, sure enough, I was able to get full vape.

Thx,

Sunset

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Hi THC

anyway to make the carts look more like the battery unit.? It'll awesome if this device can look like one unit instead of having this cart sticking out of the battery base unit.

I also found tHat using the battery with fully charged will give you a stronger vape. I was hitting it and not getting much vape out of it, thought the oil was running low but I've had only about 50 hits, so I changed the battery ( used for ~3 days) to a fully chaged one, sure enough, I was able to get full vape.

Thx,

Sunset

The 1.5 ohm will give you about 30-35 min of use, the 2.4 will give you about 50minutes of use. So running it for 3 days sounds about right. Plus how long is your 50 hits? how many seconds was each hit? That plays a role big time.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Hi THC

Thx,

Sunset

are you talkin' omi v1 or v2?

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Hi THC

Thx,

Sunset

You talking about v1 or v2? surface color? texture? what is it that your asking for boss, because i can make it to a degree. Let me know and let me talk to the assholes in engineering.

MaxVapor

The Professor
DSC_0218.jpg

The gold cart is really nice, how about black carts for the Omicron? Of course then you'll have to do them in all colors!

MaxVapor,

Sunset

You talking about v1 or v2? surface color? texture? what is it that your asking for boss, because i can make it to a degree. Let me know and let me talk to the assholes in engineering.

I mean if the cartridge can be more shorter & wider(easier to load )and hide inside a case that looks like an extender of the battery base; same color, same texture like the battery case. This makes the device with the cart. Attached, looks like one unit. Much more professional looking. Look more like an e-cig?

Thx,

Sunset

Sunset,

Sunset

I mean if the cartridge can be more shorter & wider(easier to load )and hide inside a case that looks like an extender of the battery base; same color, same texture like the battery case. This makes the device with the cart. Attached, looks like one unit. Much more professional looking. Look more like an e-cig?

Thx,

Sunset

Sunset,

JoeKickass

The gold cart is really nice, how about black carts for the Omicron? Of course then you'll have to do them in all colors!

Thanks for posting that, don't know how I missed it...

The Centari! That's why G had been talking about it!

What would be killer would be all matte black, cart/switch/battery and all!

JoeKickass,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

jpdnkstr

Thnx for posting that iono how I missed it...

Black, black, and more black... wait...it's coming to me....yes...that's it!.... Invisible! G, could you please make some invisible carts and vapes please! J/K I do like the black idea though!

jpdnkstr,

MaxVapor

The Professor
Thanks for posting that, don't know how I missed it...

There are more pictures in post #6149. G posted those pics a couple of days after my v2 arrived making me think I should have waited. But I don't know where that falls in the product line. I like the form factor though, and the cart is shorter than the current carts which would be a nice option to have.

Maybe G will toss us hungry masses some more crumbs of information soon. :brow:

MaxVapor,

sgvpunk

Howdy and congrats on the V2, lots to like there for sure.

First to the feeding. As has been stated above, the most likely problem is 'new guy loading' issues, harder waxes feed just fine normally. The problem comes from the cart being cold as the just warm enough wax flows down, hits the cool part, and 'clots' up right there. You now have an air bubble under the wax, noting is moving and you'll mess it up by continuing to heat it electrically.....stop that! It's not working.

The problem is the wax is cold and heating it will likely trash the seals in the cart. You need to be very careful, it's much easier when the concentrate is in the funnel and you can preheat normally. But here goes:

The seals we need to protect are near the bottom, above the thread insert, at about the 1/3 point. The plug and air bubble just above them, way too close for comfort. And comfort is what we need to use as a gauge. Hold the cart by the bottom half, fingers and thumb below mid point, open end up. Twist the cart back and forth as you heat the tube above your fingers. Keep the cart moving, let it get warm but not uncomfortable under your fingers, the seals are just under there. Keep the heat on the top half, SS conducts heat poorly, it'll take a long time 'coming down' through the wall of the tube. If you feel the temperature suddenly rise, that's the clue the hot concentrate has dropped. In normal loading (where you preheat the bottom then quickly move up to the funnel and heat the load) this cue can work well, but here the change might be too hard to sense. The best plan it to keep it from getting too hot to hold without saying nasty words. Go slowly but keep moving. Expect to take half a minute to do it with a typical lighter.

Then try it again, but remember continuing to heat the dry wick is asking for trouble in a couple of ways. It might start feeding fine....and leaking even better. After trying to melt it down and failing I've inverted it, melted what of the load would come out back out. Let everything cool, scraped the concentrate back into the cold funnel and reloaded again from the start with proper preheating, I recommend that rather than risking too much heat on the seals.

As to the 'high limit' issue, I've got some bad news for you if you're new to vapor? You're taking in THC, even if the concentration is low, taking in more means taking in more. You can get mighty drunk on beer. That's the way it is. Twice the number of hits of half the strength vapor is same amount of THC. What is missing from the process is the poisons that come with combustion, perhaps that's the issue here? The high from vaping the bud rather than blazing it is different.....takes a lot less too.

That should get you started, anyway.

Enjoy the tool, it's a useful one.

OF

-Thanks for all the information! Im excited to try this out and see the effects. Im very happy with my purchase, and how awesome the FC community is. They have been a deciding factor in all my vape purchases. MFLB, a log vape, now the omicron. Im most excited about the omicron by far! thanks again

sgvpunk,

Sunset

I'm finding my omi is making me cough to much even will smaller hoots.
My lungs are aching as well..
Anybody have any secrets they can hand out as for lung healing..

Just got the omi and I feel the same way. Cough & lung feel discomfort. No such problem Shem smoke a joint

~Kosher Kush

Sunset,

Jared Leibowitz

Hey so my Omicron V2 with the 2.4 ohm cart and bho/eareax second time filling it, first I put 0.5G and when it was empty I put 0.9G and it gets clogged up so much. When I first take it out to sesh it I have to hit it for a while with no suction till I hear a pop then smoke comes through. It still hits great but I just don't want to have to hit it with no suction every time I want to use it. Is there anything I can do? Is it best to hold the Omicron horizontal or vertical when in use?

Jared Leibowitz,

OF

Cant do black guys, but we do have invisible in the works.

Yeah, sure, how are we gonna know the box isn't empty? Just how dumb do you think we are? No, wait, don't answer that.....

Hey so my Omicron V2 with the 2.4 ohm cart and bho/eareax second time filling it, first I put 0.5G and when it was empty I put 0.9G and it gets clogged up so much.

Is there anything I can do? Is it best to hold the Omicron horizontal or vertical when in use?

So, you put .5 in and all was good. You ran it down to .2 or so and it stalled out so you put in .9 more, now there's 1.1 in there, over twice, and it's leaking. The easy fix is to invert it and gently heat the top half (now the bottom.....) and drain half the oil back out. It's easy enough to do.

It's OK to hold it horizontal for the hit as long as most of the time it's vertical. The concentrate shifts fairly slowly. When it's hot it can drain out in some cases until it cools.

HTH

OF

StickyShisha2

can those coloured carts be heated with a torch or are they heat gun only?

Yeah, sure, how are we gonna know the box isn't empty? Just how dumb do you think we are? No, wait, don't answer that.....

like WonderWoman's invisible jet, when it gets dirty you can see its outline.
4575937614869136.JPG

StickyShisha2,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
can those coloured carts be heated with a torch or are they heat gun only?

like WonderWoman's invisible jet, when it gets dirty you can see its outline.
4575937614869136.JPG

just picked one up for $20 so i'm ready either way. considering they are as cheap as a torch i am surprised they aren't more recommended. i know some people were using a hair dryer, but my girl and i don't use such things on our long locks so i don't have one of those either. trying to reduce leaks from overheating w/ a torch anyway so i think a heat gun is perfect. love the pic, btw

Jared Leibowitz

So, you put .5 in and all was good. You ran it down to .2 or so and it stalled out so you put in .9 more, now there's 1.1 in there

Not really, I hit it till it was out and I wasn't getting any drags. Even if it is .2 over I hit it for 2 days now since I put the 0.9G in with at least 3 people helping me over the time. It still leaks every session. I have to take the black top off and there is a layer of goo clogging up the black mouth piece top. Then in the cart there is goo and I have to take a napkin to clean it up, then I have to stick a toothpick in that little hole because goo leaks out. I mean I should be at .6G right now or so. I've used it so much that I already had to replace the battery so there shouldn't be any excuse why it leaks so much.

Jared Leibowitz,

OF

Not really, I hit it till it was out and I wasn't getting any drags. Even if it is .2 over I hit it for 2 days now since I put the 0.9G in with at least 3 people helping me over the time. It still leaks every session. I have to take the black top off and there is a layer of goo clogging up the black mouth piece top. Then in the cart there is goo and I have to take a napkin to clean it up, then I have to stick a toothpick in that little hole because goo leaks out. I mean I should be at .6G right now or so. I've used it so much that I already had to replace the battery so there shouldn't be any excuse why it leaks so much.

That's not my point. It's not being .1 gram over some arbitrary number it's being filled to over twice the level where it didn't leak. I'm saying if there was .5 in there again there most likely would be no leaking issue.

I'm not sure what "excuse" is all about. There are reasons for things that can usually be found, but nobody is guaranteeing anything here I see not supported. You put the oil in that seems to be causing the issue, not an uncommon thing which is why guys so often advise half gram fills. Even after you get it back under .5 grams it might still continue to leak, the seals have given way for whatever reason and there's no solid way to reset them. It's a pity you don't have weights to work with, guessing is at best a guess in this case. And from similar adventures I can tell you it's easy to loose track, accurate starting weights and a good scale are the only way I know to get an accurate handle on it.

My advice remains, drain the cart. Drain all that will come then put a few tenths back and see if it still leaks? That works too. I've got a 4 Ohm test cart I run that way, it leaked something awful but had nice oil in it so I've been putting the drained oil back in steps, I've got enough for one more top up.

Another option is to let it leak down until it starts behaving? But insisting there's no excuse for it leaking isn't going to stop the leak.

"What was the last thing you did before the lights went out?"

OF

Blue Dream

That's not my point. It's not being .1 gram over some arbitrary number it's being filled to over twice the level where it didn't leak. I'm saying if there was .5 in there again there most likely would be no leaking issue.

I'm not sure what "excuse" is all about. There are reasons for things that can usually be found, but nobody is guaranteeing anything here I see not supported. You put the oil in that seems to be causing the issue, not an uncommon thing which is why guys so often advise half gram fills. Even after you get it back under .5 grams it might still continue to leak, the seals have given way for whatever reason and there's no solid way to reset them. It's a pity you don't have weights to work with, guessing is at best a guess in this case. And from similar adventures I can tell you it's easy to loose track, accurate starting weights and a good scale are the only way I know to get an accurate handle on it.

My advice remains, drain the cart. Drain all that will come then put a few tenths back and see if it still leaks? That works too. I've got a 4 Ohm test cart I run that way, it leaked something awful but had nice oil in it so I've been putting the drained oil back in steps, I've got enough for one more top up.

Another option is to let it leak down until it starts behaving? But insisting there's no excuse for it leaking isn't going to stop the leak.

"What was the last thing you did before the lights went out?"

OF

I think G has said that it's storing in high temperatures that gives way to leaking. I have wax that's leaking in a 1.5 cart., right when the temp in my apt. gets warmer.

Blue Dream,

JoeKickass

so there shouldn't be any excuse why it leaks so much.

There is just so much variation in concentrate properties that we really have no way of knowing why your cart is leaking. It could be a damaged seal or it could just be a funky concentrate, just because it works fine for a bit doesn't mean the runny oil isn't seeping into all the cracks it can before finally oozing out. And just because a wax looks solid doesn't mean that it's properties won't change when you melt it down.

Try to work up a draw technique for leaky carts, believe me it will come in handy. I just make sure to draw longer afterwards to keep the leak coming up and not down, for the really bad ones I tilt the cart horizontal at the end and draw excess oil out of the airtube after every session. (Careful with how long you tilt if it's hot)

I'll also give my thumbs up for adding in 0.5g steps, if it's a leaky oil it will still leak but it has less pressure behind it.

Jared Leibowitz

I just start off with a hard drag for 2 seconds until I hear a pop then I just lightly hit it for the remainder of my hit around 10 seconds. It works great and I don't want to drain the wax out. I feel like it would just waste it at this point. The wax is really wet looking so that may be the reason why it's happening. What would happen if I pour Pure Gold in and max both concentrates, will that be ok to do? It would be cool to get both flavors going on. I also just got hash and was wondering how well that works. It's really crumbly looking almost like kief.

Jared Leibowitz,

OF

I just start off with a hard drag for 2 seconds until I hear a pop then I just lightly hit it for the remainder of my hit around 10 seconds. It works great and I don't want to drain the wax out. I feel like it would just waste it at this point. The wax is really wet looking so that may be the reason why it's happening. What would happen if I pour Pure Gold in and max both concentrates, will that be ok to do? It would be cool to get both flavors going on. I also just got hash and was wondering how well that works. It's really crumbly looking almost like kief.

I'm lost. If it works great...great, enjoy it.

If you're careful where you drain it, it's easy to get 100% of what comes out back in when you want. The only waste I see is the stuff that's now leaking out? You might try 3 seconds or so of heat with no pull to soften the plug before you try to pop it free, it often helps.

Glad you think it's likely the result of the concentrate you're using, I tend to agree. Adding PG to the mix as is will not get you much but more leaks. You'll need to mix the two before you put them in the cart, there's noting to mix them once the first is in. It will feed from the bottom until all the lower concentrate is gone, then switch to what now touches the wicks. Stop and think 'taking the fill to the max' is exactly how you got into leaking, right? The idea is smaller (not 'max') loads unless you're using thicker, not thinner, concentrates.

And think about the concept a bit. Liquid concentrate has to be absorbed by the wicks to feed, neither solid hash, bubble, kief, full melts or anything else except supermelts, waxes and oils that are clear (no solids) and evaporate cleanly off a bit of foil when heated by a lighter will work. Also in there are shatters, taffys and the like that are basically really thick oils. You should get a vape that doesn't feed this way that's designed for them, this one is not.

OF

Top Bottom