Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Well folks,

I went ahead and ordered one of the Ego-W carts from the Delta9Vape site and figured I would hit you guys with some feedback. It arrived an hour ago and I am happy to announce that there is no glycerin or mystery vapor in these suckers. The reason I ordered one of these carts in the first place is because I've been looking to take some seriously fat dabs on my Omicron and figured this might work until the Nail Cart is released (dying for that bad boy!) and I am definitely not disappointed! I'm simply placing my dabs directly on the heating coil in a LAYG manner and I am getting some hefty rips.

Thanks G, this will keep me quite content until you drop the bomb on 'em with the Nail Cart. Muahahahahaha! :evil:

Make sure you clean the screws man, they leak like a mofo. They are not for waxes or oils man.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Make sure you clean the screws man, they leak like a mofo. They are not for waxes or oils man.

Thanks G,

I know that they're intended for e-juice and I appreciate you telling everybody the truth about the "G-Tank". I just needed something that could offer a quick load as you go option (even though it's not intended for such) and I didn't want to drop $60 on a Dart when the Nail Cart is right around the corner. By the way, any updates on the Nail Cart?

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks G,

I know that they're intended for e-juice and I appreciate you telling everybody the truth about the "G-Tank". I just needed something that could offer a quick load as you go option (even though it's not intended for such) and I didn't want to drop $60 on a Dart when the Nail Cart is right around the corner. By the way, any updates on the Nail Cart?

The final prototype of the nail cartridge is due in 35 days, are doing the molding for some of the parts and that should go into production. Our units should be good for 6 months if not more. We have taken a different approach to the heater and you should be please.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
The final prototype of the nail cartridge is due in 35 days, are doing the molding for some of the parts and that should go into production. Our units should be good for 6 months if not more. We have taken a different approach to the heater and you should be please.

I have no doubt in my mind that I will be pleased. You guys constantly outdo yourselves and believe me, we appreciate it!

ilovedoobies!

So i like the v1 and had bought the atmos raw before the omicron! So i thought today if i put the atmos top on the omi if it would even fit ... it did and here is the pic =) I think the omi battery makes this vape the product more than the original atmos battery.

I think so maybe lower vs what eves

576535_3214933538442_1419446226_32281296_1232302071_n.jpg

ilovedoobies!,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So i like the v1 and had bought the atmos raw before the omicron! So i thought today if i put the atmos top on the omi if it would even fit ... it did and here is the pic =) I think the omi battery makes this vape the product more than the original atmos battery.

I discovered this too, and it's the only saving grace for my AR heat chamber... which I use for bubble hash these daze...

jambandphan03,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Please do not use this combination, as it will cause the Omicron Battery to explode.

The heat created by this unit turns any battery into a potential pipe bomb.

Lithium ion batteries should not be this close to heat. Since the Omicron V1 does not have Vents it will cause the battery to explode.

I discovered this too, and it's the only saving grace for my AR heat chamber... which I use for bubble hash these daze...

576535_3214933538442_1419446226_32281296_1232302071_n.jpg

OF

Please do not use this combination, as it will cause the Omicron Battery to explode.

Lithium ion batteries should not be this close to heat. Since the Omicron V1 does not have Vents it will cause the battery to explode.

OK, big guy, you've got my attention....using that 'explode' thing a second time did it. I've never see the legendary RAW so I take your word for it being a battery heater (and you should know, for sure).

And the 'pipe bomb' bit will cause a guy to pause a bit as well.

When I first saw the V1 I figured the end cap was lightly pressed in and would pop out, probably followed by the battery. That seems naive in light of the above. What is the over pressure relief then? Has this ever been tested?

TIA for the low down on this, it sounds well worth understanding.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
OK, big guy, you've got my attention....using that 'explode' thing a second time did it. I've never see the legendary RAW so I take your word for it being a battery heater (and you should know, for sure).

And the 'pipe bomb' bit will cause a guy to pause a bit as well.

When I first saw the V1 I figured the end cap was lightly pressed in and would pop out, probably followed by the battery. That seems naive in light of the above. What is the over pressure relief then? Has this ever been tested?

TIA for the low down on this, it sounds well worth understanding.

OF

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/pensacola/man-recovers-from-e-cigarette-explosion

Look at the Chevy Volt and that has more engineering then any of these ecigs, and they catch fire, or the Fisker Karma.

All i am saying is when you add heat to a sealed lithium ion battery, you never know whats going to happen. That is why we dont recommend this. There is a reason they say dont dispose in fire. Even if the back pops maybe it does not, whats gonna happen when that pressure is built inside? also from my understanding when that lithium ion goes, it goes.

Check this out.

Heat and lithium ions dont go tother and you know that OF.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Egzoset

OF

All i am saying is when you add heat to a sealed lithium ion battery, you never know whats going to happen. That is why we dont recommend this. There is a reason they say dont dispose in fire. Even if the back pops maybe it does not, whats gonna happen when that pressure is built inside? also from my understanding when that lithium ion goes, it goes.

Heat and lithium ions dont go tother and you know that OF.

Thanks for the prompt reply, additional information and thoughts. I agree, safety is the issue, caution is called for. I don't see anything in the first case to indicate what the problem was, if it was being used as designed (not like what's being suggested here) I'm not clear how that relates. Likewise, I think series laptop packs, while showy, don't mean anything to us either. The most we ever have it two cells and nobody I know is going to stay near enough to the second one after the first goes to matter.

The last case seems on point, even if it's a charging failure, not use. But the venting system was as I thought it was it seems? The end plug blows out, pushed by the battery body. Now the (fully charged) battery looses it's electrolyte and with it insulation so the cell shots. This dumps the considerable energy as it 'cooks off', but does not actually explode. The table burned. The cabinet didn't get dented or scratched. I wouldn't want to hold on to it when it happens of course but it's hardly life threatening. Overall I think such systems are safe, provided one doesn't give into 'mix and match' against the maker's recommendations......which is exactly the case here.

We may not agree on exactly how dangerous it is, but we do agree you shouldn't be doing it? There's a lot of Joules of energy stored up there, it should be treated with respect.

Thanks again. Good stuff, and good advice.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks for the prompt reply, additional information and thoughts. I agree, safety is the issue, caution is called for. I don't see anything in the first case to indicate what the problem was, if it was being used as designed (not like what's being suggested here) I'm not clear how that relates. Likewise, I think series laptop packs, while showy, don't mean anything to us either. The most we ever have it two cells and nobody I know is going to stay near enough to the second one after the first goes to matter.

The last case seems on point, even if it's a charging failure, not use. But the venting system was as I thought it was it seems? The end plug blows out, pushed by the battery body. Now the (fully charged) battery looses it's electrolyte and with it insulation so the cell shots. This dumps the considerable energy as it 'cooks off', but does not actually explode. The table burned. The cabinet didn't get dented or scratched. I wouldn't want to hold on to it when it happens of course but it's hardly life threatening. Overall I think such systems are safe, provided one doesn't give into 'mix and match' against the maker's recommendations......which is exactly the case here.

We may not agree on exactly how dangerous it is, but we do agree you shouldn't be doing it? There's a lot of Joules of energy stored up there, it should be treated with respect.

Thanks again. Good stuff, and good advice.

OF

The first link is a story one a exploding battery, that you said no one knows how it was used for true.

I can bet you these batteries where never intended to be used like this with that heat generator on it. You never know what he did with it or how he used it, but it does tell you its possible.

Ok first video is to show you how violent Li ion batteries get.

Second video shows you that the device becomes a rpg, going straigh down your throat if you are using it and it decides to vent.

Now what happens if the bottom cap does not vent? or the tops vents? you have to wonder.

We can agree on this, do not use the batteries for what it is not intended with.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So this question is out of curiosity, don't the Omicron cartridges get pretty hot in use? I know folks are supposed to let them cool between hits and all, but realistically, I have read multiple times that people said the cartridges were pretty hot after a session. Is this not the same kind of danger with the sealed batteries as the Raw? All of these products are generating heat to vaporize the oils/herb etc... just wondering how one is safe and the other is not... I do understand that shorts in the atomizer/cartridges can cause battery failure.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
So this question is out of curiosity, don't the Omicron cartridges get pretty hot in use? I know folks are supposed to let them cool between hits and all, but realistically, I have read multiple times that people said the cartridges were pretty hot after a session. Is this not the same kind of danger with the sealed batteries as the Raw? All of these products are generating heat to vaporize the oils/herb etc... just wondering how one is safe and the other is not... I do understand that shorts in the atomizer/cartridges can cause battery failure.

The cartridges itself gets hot, but not enough heat gets to the battery to even do any damage, but within a few 9 second hits on that device the batter starts to warm up.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ilovedoobies!

Again i had no idea this could happen and really i wanted to show case the awesome picture i took =p

ilovedoobies!,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
that video had me fuck'n crackn up! in all seriousness yeah that can happen, and if it does god forbid it some redneck out in the middle of nowhere that happens to have a camera "MY GOODD DAAYMN EEEE-CYYGGERRAEETE BLEEEW UP!"

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
that video had me fuck'n crackn up! in all seriousness yeah that can happen, and if it does god forbid it some redneck out in the middle of nowhere that happens to have a camera "MY GOODD DAAYMN EEEE-CYYGGERRAEETE BLEEEW UP!"

Truly the best part of the video....I'm just picturing this guy sitting in his undies in an e-cig chat room for 18 hours straight running charge after charge.....I was waiting for "Git r Dun!"

That explosion and fire was pretty mild when you consider the size batteries most vape pens we use run at. Yet another case of use the right battery from a reliable source. I hope to never see a video like this on FC involving a forum member.

(Both the venting as well as the GODAAAAAMEEECIIIG)

-Zing

Zingbuddah,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
whole inside of mine is aluminum and has vent holes.... makes me feel a tad bit better. being completely drunk in your underwear wont help the charging and exploding process tho, you cant fix stupid.

"WELLL IT SHAWT ON OVER HEEARR AND LIT MY PRINTER ON FIRE AND SPIT WATER EVERYWHERE"

Xchadb,

THChemist

All this talk about Lithium batteries

If you guys saw the kind of batteries used for RC Helis / Airplanes you would crap yourselves.
No metal casing, just heatshrink around bare cells, using packs in series up to 12S and more (50V+)
Charging 6 batteries at a time in parallel with 1000 watt power supplies / chargers dumping 30 amps back into a 6000mAh battery. Bwahahaha

Even with all this, LiPo fires are real, but much less common then you'd think. I've seen batteries crushed and bent in half, that still would only vent off fumes, no fire.

Pure power, draw 159 Amps continuously without breaking a sweat:
http://www.progressiverc.com/spyderbatteries-12s-5300mah-30c-1.html

THChemist,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
All this talk about Lithium batteries

If you guys saw the kind of batteries used for RC Helis / Airplanes you would crap yourselves.
No metal casing, just heatshrink around bare cells, using packs in series up to 12S and more (50V+)
Charging 6 batteries at a time in parallel with 1000 watt power supplies / chargers dumping 30 amps back into a 6000mAh battery. Bwahahaha

Even with all this, LiPo fires are real, but much less common then you'd think. I've seen batteries crushed and bent in half, that still would only vent off fumes, no fire.

Pure power, draw 159 Amps continuously without breaking a sweat:
http://www.progressiverc.com/spyderbatteries-12s-5300mah-30c-1.html

Lipo4 are safe chemistry that is why you see fumes, but li ion are small bombs if treated wrong they will damage everything in site. That is why RC cars use lipo4.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THChemist

You may be right G, but from my understanding, LiPo is just a different manufacturing method that allows for a 20% reduction in weight (foil-type cell packaging instead of hard casing) of any chemistry of Li-Ion battery such is LiCobalt (best power density, most used for planes / helis, such as what I linked) or LiFe (lower voltage, safer). So really it's the same chemistries just with less protection. The RC Car guys use the same batteries as the ones for planes and helis, but in hard plastic cases, weight isn't as much of an issue for them.

Plenty of videos of RC LiPo fires on the tube ;)

THChemist,
Top Bottom