Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I'm foaming at the mouth waiting for the new Nail cart, but while I wait, I have two questions.

1.With the new HVD tops, will my v2 be able to power a Dart?

2. If so, would I need any adapter pieces?
yes it will be able to power a dart (mine will now, actually) with the hvd top.
and yes you will need the adapter for 601 to 510. they are available on both sites.
i think a little cheaper at d9, but i also think you have to buy multiples

Bob Loblaw,

OF

I'm foaming at the mouth waiting for the new Nail cart, but while I wait, I have two questions.

1.With the new HVD tops, will my v2 be able to power a Dart?

2. If so, would I need any adapter pieces?

Here's my entry in the contest:

1. I sure hope so, that's exactly the reason I got the V2 to start with (get away from the time out), then after finding out about the drop it's the reason I bought the HVD upgrade (I don't really want higher voltage, but need full voltage to drive heavy loads fully). When I asked, I was told yes the low voltage restriction has been removed for the HVD and later versions.

2. You need one of these guys (be sure to select 510toM601, second one down in the drop down menu):
http://www.electronic-cigz.com/510tom6ad.html

Edit: Wrong version as Bob points out. Go with the adapters from either THC or TV. Or the OneLove unit. I've never seen the THC unit, but have used the other two. Sorry for the confusion.

What do I get if I win?

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
2. You need one of these guys (be sure to select 510toM601, second one down in the drop down menu):

What do I get if I win?

OF

hold on b4 we confuse this dude, the dart is 510 and the omi is m601. you need to use the 510 on a m601 power source then you need d9 or tv adapter. if you want to use omi carts on 510 power, then you need the adapter you listed, correct?

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: OF

VAPORIZER22

Here's my entry in the contest:

1. I sure hope so, that's exactly the reason I got the V2 to start with (get away from the time out), then after finding out about the drop it's the reason I bought the HVD upgrade (I don't really want higher voltage, but need full voltage to drive heavy loads fully). When I asked, I was told yes the low voltage restriction has been removed for the HVD and later versions.

What do I get if I win?

OF

Wouldn't he need a M601 to 501 to run the DART on the Omicron? Quick draw Bob, beat by a minute.

OF

i can attest to that. their hv dart won't hold up to a persei

Of course not at 7.4 Volts! That's way out of the Standard voltage range.

However, it never did before since you couldn't go to two cells with the original V2. The problems is the regulator (set to 3.3 Volts out) sags down under 3.0 under load so you can't effectively use the original V2. The upgrade is supposed to fix that so LV DARTS and Revolutions will work normally.

Anyway, that's my read on the OP's question. Could well be wrong. But IMO it will drive a LV DART (or Revolution) just fine (on 3.7 Volts), but if you want to run Standard voltage units, then you have to put 3.0 Volt cells (like TV does) in the unit and where you might get those I don't know.....I think you're SOL?

OF

OF,

OF

hold on b4 we confuse this dude, the dart is 510 and the omi is m601. you need to use the 510 on a m601 power source then you need d9 or tv adapter. if you want to use omi carts on 510 power, then you need the adapter you listed, correct?

Wow, absolutely right Bob, thanks for the catch. Talk about brain fade. I'd just deleted the web pages for the 'two faces' of this supplier (I finally got my other adapters....) and got to thinking how to find it again (through emails, of course...) without thinking. I guess this means I don't win the contest.....

Thanks again.

Wouldn't he need a M601 to 501 to run the DART on the Omicron? Quick draw Bob, beat by a minute.

Yep, Bob caught me lying too. Corrected now. Thanks.

OF

VAPORIZER22

Wow, absolutely right Bob, thanks for the catch. Talk about brain fade. I'd just deleted the web pages for the 'two faces' of this supplier (I finally got my other adapters....) and got to thinking how to find it again (through emails, of course...) without thinking. I guess this means I don't win the contest.....

Thanks again.

Yep, Bob caught me lying too. Corrected now. Thanks.

OF

lol, lying would be too harsh a term here, I like to think a good amount of medicine on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, especially if you find yourself out in the garden and not enough for myself since I caught it.

OF

lol, lying would be too harsh a term here, I like to think a good amount of medicine on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, especially if you find yourself out in the garden and not enough for myself since I caught it.

I wish. I got in a hurry doing something I've done a dozen times (find that GD sole source part....) and got sloppy. Clean screw up, glad there's good folks backing me up! Teamwork, you know, that's what made America great.

You bring up an excellent point, it's long past time to get outside.....thanks for that reminder, too.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
no sweat OF, what are we all here for if not to pick up the slack for the others
otherwise this could just be one dude who knows it all and is always unmedicated answering questions.
fuck that, this is way more fun. and i am sure you will repay the favor one day ;)
i fully agree w/ vap22. lying's too harsh a term.

VAPORIZER22

I wish. I got in a hurry doing something I've done a dozen times (find that GD sole source part....) and got sloppy. Clean screw up, glad there's good folks backing me up! Teamwork, you know, that's what made America great.

You bring up an excellent point, it's long past time to get outside.....thanks for that reminder, too.

OF

I hear ya OF, took my own advice and headed outside. It is a beautiful day out in Northern CA, might as well take advantage of it with my Omicron. Enjoy your day!

OF

I hear ya OF, took my own advice. It is a beautiful day out in Northern CA, might as well take advantage of it with my Omicron. Enjoy your day!

I can't pass on good advice like that. In fact I think I'll try the 'two fisted hitter' technique.... Sour Diesel CO2 wax vs Northern Lights? May the best strain win!

Thanks for being so insistent. Wilco right about now.......

OF

VAPORIZER22

mmmmmmmm Sour D CO2 wax, always one of my favorite strains for hash or flowers...and Northern Lights is not too shabby by its own right, great day indeed.

VAPORIZER22,

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist
Headed out to the local MMJ farmers market with my Omicron and Persei in tow. My first target was a friend who provided the BHO for my carts. He sells Eclipse vapes to his customers primarly over the concerns of battery venting.

I did a quick demo of the Omi and he commented on how much the smell of his BHO came through.

After at least thirty questions about safety, cost and battery life he finally asked the critical question,

"Where can I get one of these?"

Then I pulled out the Persei filled with some of his WiFi OG BHO and proceeded to roll clouds of vapor over the crowd....leading to a slew of people walking up and asking for a test and questions. Watching the faces from the crowd when they see a massive vapor cloud come out of an "e-cig" type device....classic.

You should have some new orders in your inbox this afternoon G and I mentioned that there is a distributor already in the WA/OR area (I believe?) to the interested vendors.

Mission Accomplished

-Zing

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Headed out to the local MMJ farmers market with my Omicron and Persei in tow. My first target was a friend who provided the BHO for my carts. He sells Eclipse vapes to his customers primarly over the concerns of battery venting.

I did a quick demo of the Omi and he commented on how much the smell of his BHO came through.

After at least thirty questions about safety, cost and battery life he finally asked the critical question,

"Where can I get one of these?"

Then I pulled out the Persei filled with some of his WiFi OG BHO and proceeded to roll clouds of vapor over the crowd....leading to a slew of people walking up and asking for a test and questions. Watching the faces from the crowd when they see a massive vapor cloud come out of an "e-cig" type device....classic.

You should have some new orders in your inbox this afternoon G and I mentioned that there is a distributor already in the WA/OR area (I believe?) to the interested vendors.

Mission Accomplished

-Zing

Thanks brotha much love, with more and more help from supporters, we are able to do things like the Cancer drive.

OF

Try some Uncle Tupelo also.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have to keep a look out as I'm pretty sure I've never Tupeled. Nor hung with anyone who has, as far as I know.....

For both of you who care, the garden was wonderful, even better after some reflection and testing of course. No firm winner there yet, I'm afraid I might have to repeat the entire test. Just not my day, I guess?

One neat observation, my new Persei head (the original one packed in, light started coming on immediately?) worked just great in an unrehearsed support role for Northern Lights. This has a R6X serial number, not the four digit (no letters) one on the original, the dual head and tube. Not that that part matters of course but also registration between the head and tube get's lost. The Persei logo is on the back at the 5 o'clock position with the serial number peeking around the side on the left when you're looking at the switch. Twice now I've automatically picked it up to tighten the head....... I just about tried it again which is the real reason to post I guess? But the sucker is like a crooked picture on the wall.

Great service, BTW. But of course you probably knew that, no real need to repeat the common theme of uncommonly good service. Less than a week from ticket to instructions to mailing to notification to signing for the package this morning. Nice email chat in the middle with a real person as well. So there, I told you anyway.....

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

The Persei logo is on the back at the 5 o'clock position with the serial number peeking around the side on the left when you're looking at the switch. Twice now I've automatically picked it up to tighten the head....... I just about tried it again which is the real reason to post I guess? But the sucker is like a crooked picture on the wall.

I haven't decided which bothers me more, but if you want to align the Persei and the button you can unscrew the chrome ring on the bottom of the threads to meet the top where it needs to. This leaves a little gap under the chrome ring but I think I like having the Persei logo in front more than I mind having a gap...

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
guys when do the serial numbers the single top is on the unit, then we do the double top, if we try to match both numbers to the Persei logo this will increase the price a lot because more steps in production = more people to pay = higher over head costs. .

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

I haven't decided which bothers me more, but if you want to align the Persei and the button you can unscrew the chrome ring on the bottom of the threads to meet the top where it needs to. This leaves a little gap under the chrome ring but I think I like having the Persei logo in front more than I mind having a gap...

OK, since you brought it up...I tried that too. I figured if it didn't make me uncomfortable and wanting to grab it off the table all the time, why not? Well I had to come back like 160 degrees it's loose then so I flinch picking it up or handling it. Then I thought of a shim.... Thanks for bringing that part up, I don't feel quite so out there....now that there's two of us.

guys when do the serial numbers the single top is on the unit, then we do the double top, if we try to match both numbers to the Persei logo this will increase the price a lot because more steps in production = more people to pay = higher over head costs. .

Understood G. It's cool. You'd have to trade out whole sets which would just make it all worse in many ways. I'm sure JKA doesn't suggest that, and I'm sure not. But be honest, did you think about what if the button no longer lining up with the logo? I sure wouldn't have. It ends up hitting on a fun human nature thing I think. It's a tool, and it works. No problem....no ticket?

OF

Jared Leibowitz

if you are just gonna use earwax only and only really outdoors, like themeparks or work parking lot etc should i get o-phos or v2? i'm a heavy daily user

Jared Leibowitz,

JoeKickass

if you are just gonna use earwax only and only really outdoors, like themeparks or work parking lot etc should i get o-phos or v2? i'm a heavy daily user

Either would be a good learning platform but if you want to be satisfied as a heavy user you should definitely check out the Persei

Edit: Actually I take it back, if you want to save $ I would buy the v2. Learn on 3.7v and then get the HVD when it starts shipping so you can check out the Persei-voltage carts without making a huge investment

JoeKickass,
Reactions: OF

Jared Leibowitz

Either would be a good learning platform but if you want to be satisfied as a heavy user you should definitely check out the Persei

Edit: Actually I take it back, if you want to save $ I would buy the v2. Learn on 3.7v and then get the HVD when it starts shipping so you can check out the Persei-voltage carts without making a huge investment
okay thanks for the reply, the heat shield doesn't come with the v2 and i'm planning on using it outdoors only at themeparks and maybe movie theatres and parks, etc. will it get hot in my pocket to place back in there after taking a few drags?

Jared Leibowitz,
Top Bottom