Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
I haven't decided which bothers me more, but if you want to align the Persei and the button you can unscrew the chrome ring on the bottom of the threads to meet the top where it needs to. This leaves a little gap under the chrome ring but I think I like having the Persei logo in front more than I mind having a gap...

Of course if you have a unit without serial numbers at all (like some of us) then button and logo line up nicely.

OF

Of course if you have a unit without serial numbers at all (like some of us) then button and logo line up nicely.

Two things. First off, we all know your's had a serial number, right down there where the shiny spot somebody filed on it is.....

Secondly, it's not really the serial number that screams at you out of peripheral vision it's the Logo and it's still there....off center.....mocking.....

OF

rayfar

Ok so here are your steps, create an account online pm me your email and i will add the credit to it for you to make the purchase.

i created an account, and i sent you a PM i think (im not sure if i did the PM correctly)... so do i have to wait for you to do something to my account before i place the order? thanks again, THC!

some help, THC! should i place my order? do i need a code from you?

rayfar,

rayfar

Good point, poor choice of terms on my part. Breathing vapor into the lungs to be absorbed into the blood is ingestion. Getting it through a cell wall anywhere or any way into the body is ingestion by definition, but most folks think of eating.
I meant the term in the wide sense when I said "The only way to get THC into you is to ingest it", I actually knew you could smoke it or eat it to incorporate it into your one and only body. This is after all a discussion of a vapor vape not food processor, but I can see perhaps a better term might have helped prevent confusion. Right off, I'm not sure what that term is....I keep coming back to ingest....

Thanks.

OF

This is FALSE, by definition.

rayfar,

Medisculpt

First post here at FC, been vaping by way of the Extreme Q for over 2 years now and this place helped immensely when I first got it.
After a lot of reading (majority of this AND Persei's thread) I settled on the fact that the Persei would probably be a bit overkill for my needs and experience with oils, and that the Omicron v2 sounds like the best fit for now.
Since I made the conversion to vaping pretty much exclusively when I picked up my Extreme Q a few HempFests ago, I've needed a portable solution badly. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this slick piece of THC tech and having a vape on command magic wand with me at all times... Being in the NorthWest I see huge potential for these devices as an outdoor enhancer/medicator. I'm sure I'm stating the obvious but camping trips, hiking, hunting, snowboarding, and beach trips will never be the same!
I expect a lot from my devices, and can't wait to put the Omicron through its paces after what I've seen here.

In fact I put an order in for 2 of the Black V2's today. One for me, and one for my Dad for Father's Day.
I've got 1g of some BHO labeled as "Shamma" waiting to be loaded, but I have to admit I'm quite jealous of some of these different waxes, and Co2 extracts I've seen posted.
Not sure if this is out of line here or not, but does anyone have any suggestions for concentrates in the Portland, OR area?
Currently I know of CannaBliss which really only has BHO at $30/gram no matter the strain. Oh and they are all pushing the AtmosRaw hardcore there. Brought up the Omicron and was instantly handed an Atmos... Needless to say it's hard to have a reasonable discussion about their differences while there's an atmos rep present, and I was not impressed.

OF

Oh and they are all pushing the AtmosRaw hardcore there. Brought up the Omicron and was instantly handed an Atmos... Needless to say it's hard to have a reasonable discussion about their differences while there's an atmos rep present, and I was not impressed.

Sorry you were uncomfortable, but imagine how it must be for the Atmos Rep? He's not stupid, he must have tried the Omicron.....

Anyway, great story. Welcome to Omicrons, I'm sure you'll enjoy your V2 (as will the lucky father). Good luck on finding a good source of concentrates.

OF

OF,

GR

I have had 4 days to play with the V2 that came back from THC for some issues.

The voltage limitations are apparent compared to a v1 or an o-0hos on 1.5 carts and was ready to pack it away until the HVD came. Last two days I have been having allergy problems so hitting 1.5s on v1 was out of the question and hitting 2.4on v1 was to many hits for my lungs to accept so I broke the V2 out and found the 1.5 cart to give a hit that worked. This top that limits V will not end up in the trash like I previously thought and wait for times when some limitation Ian
Positive.

Still I am amazed by the difference a few volts make, V1 is for big boys and V2 ( now working as I assume it should) sorta seems like a ladies hit.

VAPORIZER22

I have had 4 days to play with the V2 that came back from THC for some issues.

The voltage limitations are apparent compared to a v1 or an o-0hos on 1.5 carts and was ready to pack it away until the HVD came. Last two days I have been having allergy problems so hitting 1.5s on v1 was out of the question and hitting 2.4on v1 was to many hits for my lungs to accept so I broke the V2 out and found the 1.5 cart to give a hit that worked. This top that limits V will not end up in the trash like I previously thought and wait for times when some limitation is a positive thing.

I feel the same way. I do not mind the way the 1.5's hit on the V2, but my 2.4's do not work as well as they do on the V1, glad the HVD is is only a few weeks away.

VAPORIZER22,

OF

Still I am amazed by the difference a few volts make, V1 is for big boys and V2 ( now working as I assume it should) sorta seems like a ladies hit.

I couldn't agree with you more. I've been messing around with a VV head and a few tenths can make a difference, half a volt is significant in most cases as I'm finding out.

What I can't agree with, however, is there's anything wrong with 'a lady's hit' if that's what you're trying to say (which I doubt). Some of us have little we feel a need to prove and can enjoy such things for the advantages they offer.....like delivering the goods without killing an already offended throat for instance. I, for one, don't always go for the biggest hit in the box when selecting Omicron carts......

'cides which, I generally like ladies...and most things about them.

OF

OF,

GR

What I can't agree with, however, is there's anything wrong with 'a lady's hit' if that's what you're trying to say (which I doubt). Some of us have little we feel a need to prove and can enjoy such things for the advantages they offer.....like delivering the goods without killing an already offended throat for instance. I, for one, don't always go for the biggest hit in the box when selecting Omicron carts......

'cides which, I generally like ladies...and most things about them.

OF

I will make my point clearer then. Sucking on a V2 for 20 seconds will not harsh my old lungs, I can not do 2 consecutive 5sec pulls on a V1 . I will leave humor to others and keep to the facts.

OF

I will make my point clearer then. Sucking on a V2 for 20 seconds will not harsh my old lungs, I can not do 2 consecutive 5sec pulls on a V1 . I will leave humor to others and keep to the facts.

Great, we're in agreement it seems. I too think 'bigger clouds' are not always the answer...which is what I'm hearing you say?

FWIW, I often run Omicron carts on a VV head at 3.0 Volts (it's minimum) out of choice and wonder if I'd like even less power a little more. More is not always better. "If some's good, more's better" works for dynamite but not necessarily vapes.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So, I have a couple of carts with some QWISO in them, and recently discovered that making a quick wash with everclear gave me stellar results compared to the Iso. What I am wondering is, if I soak my qwiso carts in some everclear, to reclaim, filtered w/ coffee filters, then evaporate, will it still have that nasty iso taste, or will it take on a better flavor? I would hate to waste everclear on old qwiso, if it's just going to end up nasty again. Anyone know? I would like to reload those carts with better tasting oil, but would hate to waste the medicine.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: OF

OF

So, I have a couple of carts with some QWISO in them, and recently discovered that making a quick wash with everclear gave me stellar results compared to the Iso. What I am wondering is, if I soak my qwiso carts in some everclear, to reclaim, filtered w/ coffee filters, then evaporate, will it still have that nasty iso taste, or will it take on a better flavor? I would hate to waste everclear on old qwiso, if it's just going to end up nasty again. Anyone know? I would like to reload those carts with better tasting oil, but would hate to waste the medicine.

Excellent question. As I understand the issue, nasty tasting stuff (chlorophyll?) dissolves in ISO but not ETOH. That is an Everclear wash leaves it behind. My guess is such an attempt might give good results with the reclaim part, but the nasty taste would still be in the carts, probably best to scrap them?

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was thinking of just soaking the carts, rather than heating them. That way all the oil gets into the EC and the carts get cleaned up. Not a very long soak mind you, just over night. I guess if the end result is to scrap them, I might as well try it out and see what happens. Thanks for the info OF.

**just a couple of minutes of being shaken in the jar of EC and the color is already golden. I was just re-thinking what you just told me, and maybe after the EC soak to reclaim the oil, I will do an iso soak for the carts to help remove any left overs that the EC didn't dissolve. I guess I might as well give it a try.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

Lets do it this way, try it out and let us know how it goes, if it goes bad we will replace the cart ok?

Just make sure you store the carts over night or have a blow dryer to make sure no alcohol is left inside when you fire it up,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I was thinking of just soaking the carts, rather than heating them. That way all the oil gets into the EC and the carts get cleaned up. Not a very long soak mind you, just over night. I guess if the end result is to scrap them, I might as well try it out and see what happens. Thanks for the info OF.

**just a couple of minutes of being shaken in the jar of EC and the color is already golden. I was just re-thinking what you just told me, and maybe after the EC soak to reclaim the oil, I will do an iso soak for the carts to help remove any left overs that the EC didn't dissolve. I guess I might as well give it a try.
if you freeze the EC in a sealed container then filter, much waxes will be left behind. make sure to do a good purge as you would with iso as alcohols become toxic sugars if they reach combustible temps. should be much tastier. hope that helps

Bob Loblaw,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Sure thing, I've got 3 carts in there, and will be sure they are fully dry before I try to load them. The EC is looking nice, considering how dark brown the qwiso was. I might just soak all of the rest of my qwiso supply once the carts are done, then purge. I use a coffee cup warmer, and a stainless steel measuring cup to purge the alcohol. It worked great for the oil I made from EC and trim the other day. Just hot enough to cause the alcohol to boil, but not hot enough to scorch it. I'll report back when I'm finished. With any luck, I'll just have clean carts, and better oil... crossing fingers. **thanks for the freezing tip Bob, I usually work with frozen trim/alcohol etc for extracting anyway.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Wow! Is that a useful tip or what? Thinking it through......

Great call, G.

OF

Its my job to think things out? but ya thats common sense and i wanted to make sure since i recommended her doing it, that we cover all the basics.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Its my job to think things out? but ya thats common sense and i wanted to make sure since i recommended her doing it, that we cover all the basics.

Common sense is often found to be the least common element in parts of the universe......

Covering all the bases is important as well, but first priority to basics that relate to health. Teamwork.

OF

OF,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah, I'm not into inhaling alcohol fumes, I will be sure they are gone, but glad you got my back G!!

jambandphan03,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Common sense is often found to be the least common element in parts of the universe......

Covering all the bases is important as well, but first priority to basics that relate to health. Teamwork.

OF

dont forget goggles and gloves.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Yeah, I'm not into inhaling alcohol fumes, I will be sure they are gone, but glad you got my back G!!

hmmm, that reminds me of a joke i pulled on the waitress.

Sorry if i hurt anyones feelings but i have to do it.

Ok at dinner with the friends, and the waitress comes up behind me and say's i am behind you be careful, what does my old dirty man attitude say in response?

Well me being a little under the influence of some heavy duty 151. I turn around and say i think i am supposed to be behind you isnt that how this relationship should work?

Im gladd to say that we already had our food and there was no way she could have done any miss deeds to it.

It turned out to be fun night.

Ok back to subject, thats what im here for.

OF

Good point. At 'the Lab' (back when I had a job...) I always used absolute ETOH for cleaning when I could since I was already using a modest amount of Single Malt Scotch on a fairly regular basis at home and felt a bit more of that alcohol by fumes wouldn't offend my liver too much. ISO is another animal, I don't drink that as much as when I was younger.......

OF

Top Bottom