Discontinued Omicron Vaporizer for oils

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
THC and TV are definitely the forerunners of the MMJ portable vaping community, titans in a sea of vaping mediocrity if you will. We all just love to test them all out of course, its that human condition of "the grass is always greener" and curiosity coming to play.

Also have to give the e-cig guys some credit, they started the whole "vape pen," offering nic lovers a healthier option (though I don't get how there is a healthier option to ingest poison XP).

BudBuddy,

tharealmclovin

Has anyone used the new Derlin mouthpieces that are on delta9??? And the one that shows a silver mouthpiece says its black. Anyone know if it is silver or black???

tharealmclovin,

Nugget49er

Old Fart
I will finally follow your sage lead "OF" and post my first picture, to hell with EXIF.

cartcooker.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

One of the main problems I read on the boards is "wall stckage" priming issues with the Omicron carts. whatever you call it the thicker stuff doesn't want to go down.
I try to use things I have, I finally found a use for the Arizer Extreme Potpourii bowl. I found a 1.5" long piece of SOLID steel rod .5" dia. that I place in the center as a thermal mass. I have tested at different temps and found that 100 C to be at about 108F +(a nice warm summers day where I live)let it sit for 30 minutes on , and all that stubborn stuff is "Movin on down" to the bottom of the carts
Its a good use of the Vaporizer bowl, and the Vaporizer delivers very precise heat

THCScientific - Can you please check WO# 793 ?? I wanted to know the failure temp. of the gaskets in the cartridges , before I posted. The temps I stated should be safe . Since no ans. since last Dec. 8-(

Nugget49er

Nugget49er,

2clicker

Observer
ok this cart is clogged. im getting no airflow at all. how can i get this cart ripping again?

i did some quick searching, but didnt find much along the lines of how to un-clog...?

2clicker,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
Usually a few seconds on warming or priming up works fine. When its really blocked good a paper clip pushed down gently with the cart removed from battery source. Stop with any unusual resistance, your hitting something you shouldn't. Then just heat up and see how the draw is, I usually still have a little resistance but it quickly pulls through and is ok.

Maybe THC can inform us how long the tube is so we can be safer when poking out any hard clogs, right now I would say no more than an inch to be on the safe side and at that point the oil melts down when you go back to my first suggestion.

BudBuddy,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've had the leak from hell this weekend on my very first cart that I used. I was wiping away so much Pure Gold that was leaking out, that I realized I should try to reclaim it. So I began using q-tips to wipe away the leaks until I finally reclaimed what oil I could from the leaky cart.

I've been cutting off the cotton from the used q-tips (I had about 6 or 7 q-tips) and loading PD stems of cotton/oil. The hits are impressive and last for a lot longer than you'd think.

:2c:

Stu,

2clicker

Observer
thanks buddy, i tried heating it up, but it was still clogged and i didnt want to damage the cart. i have a few 7th Floor stir/poker tools and i went ahead and started to push it down the tube very gently. i could feel the needle going through the oil in there. after doing this 3 times it cleared enough to draw air. then i let the heat and a slow draw do its thing. it seems to be back to normal.

2clicker,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
I won't use Pure Gold in an Omicron cart THC can develop a leak proof version(;);) THC ), I know I'm missing out but it would break my heart to find the oil leaking out the bottom like that. Sorry to hear it Stu, is it safe to do an iso soak on these carts like it is with the Rev?

Sounds about the same experience I go through sometimes 2c, think it might have to do with our air draw, or oil just building up in the air path and creeping back down pooling together. This happens with waxes, budders and thick oils for me.

BudBuddy,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Sorry to hear it Stu, is it safe to do an iso soak on these carts like it is with the Rev?
For reclaiming purposes, I suppose it's ok. Hell, mabye I'll soak my dead cart in my "all purpose iso" container that I periodically reclaim. That should be safe, no?

I don't think that an iso soak for cleaning (ala the Rev) would work, though. I have to assume that it would ruin an (already ruined) cart.

:peace:

Stu,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
I was meaning with it being functional after. Is it the wire that goes bad or something? Corrosion? I know I can soak the ego-t atomizers in iso with no problems. I would consider Omicron carts a higher quality atomizer and components considering they are vaping more viscous fluids and higher temperatures than glycerin in an e-cig.

BudBuddy,
2.4 Ohms is the original value for Omicron. Carts from those times aren't marked (there was only one version). This is still the case, 2.4 Ohms for typical Omicron (1 or 2, doesn't matter) use. The 1.5 Ohm is a 'hot rod' version, takes and delivers more power to the heater for higher delivery rates. If you think the extract is slow with 1.5s you definitely won't like 2.4s.

Shatters are the hardest to deal with in my experience (at least they don't leak.....usually), CO2 oils and waxes seem to 'always' work well with the original 2.4 Ohm (now marked) carts. I've also had 'melt down' issues with shatters (low production due to gaps in the load) so I generally steer away from them to the supermelts (not full melts, they jam up), high quality oils (lighter colored ones seem to work better) and waxes. Some taffy has had plant junk in it as well, so I avoid them usually.

OF
Thank you very much!
-marko

marko_vapo,
Hi,

Thanks for all your info! I'm not quite sure I am getting it. If the Electronic Doobie requires a base liquid, why do they say you can use straight THC?

My friend says it gets him high, and is stealth as far as being inconspicuous.

Also, if you do mix your honey oil with a PG base, is that a similar base to an e-Cig? If it is is there a harm in inhaling this PG base?

Here is the difference:

Basically, your electronic doobie cannot vaporize pure oils. You have to mix it with a glycerin liquid first, and as such most of the 'vapor' you are exhaling will by glycerin and not honey oil. Compare to the omicron which does not require the oil to be mixed in anything, you just load pure oil and vape it. Everything coming out the vape is the good stuff.

Jenny Chang,

BudBuddy

The Vaped One
Dank is mistaken, you can use pure oil concentrate, they just have to be runny. Some like to cut their concentrates with glycerin to make more fluid but it doesn't blend very well unless warmed and separates once cooled. Not worth the effort tbh, better off with what everyone here is recommending. Hate for the foodie to break another heart.

PG is used all the time in e-cigs it produces better flavor and throat hit if I'm not mistaken. VG gives you the big clouds and is more viscous.

BudBuddy,

OF

Hi,

Thanks for all your info! I'm not quite sure I am getting it. If the Electronic Doobie requires a base liquid, why do they say you can use straight THC?

My friend says it gets him high, and is stealth as far as being inconspicuous.

Also, if you do mix your honey oil with a PG base, is that a similar base to an e-Cig? If it is is there a harm in inhaling this PG base?

You're welcome, hope it helps. While one might say guys trying to sell things make all sorts of statements that are confusing, misleading or out and out deceptive (many might even say for profit), what you've just heard is the truth. E-cig style carts need a carrier, straight oils don't work. Let alone 'straight THC' (doesn't really exist to us, of course), PG being perhaps the closest?

IMO the jury is still out on PG base, for sure it's not the sort of stuff nature gives you to breathe normally. It will work, you can dissolve the THC in the base and then vape them both away together. Part of the rub is you can only dissolve a fairly small amount (something like 20% at best?) into the base, and of course half what the cart has is left behind when you're done with the part that will feed is typically lost. Since the base makes lots of 'smoke' but no high, they crank the feed rate up so you get 50 maybe 80 'good' hits. In this version of things is 'best case', guys out to make a buck can 'water' it down. But let's assume 50% oil and a 4 to 1 mix (20%)? So every cart will have 100 mg of THC and will deliver half of that over it's lifetime of 50 to 100 (at the very best) hits, let's say 75 at 2/3 of a mg each. If you need say 3 mg to get off and absorb about 50% you should feel nine hits (3 mg absorbed) 8.3 sessions to this standard.

Loading that same oil into an Omicron or Revolution cart, OTOH, needs no carrier. You load and use 100% oil. No fake smoke, sorry, only the vapor kind. So your gram gives you 500 mg all of which is vaporized away (the 150 mg 'left' is recovered when the cart is refilled). So if we triple the 'thickness' of the cloud to 2 mg per hit, we get 250 hits. 3 such hits deliver 6 mg, of which we absorb 3 to be on par with the nine hits above. 83 sessions, ten times as many. That's taking a third the number of hits of three times denser vapor.

And in one case you have complete control of what goes in and comes out. In the other, your options are much less.

You decide, but there's the numbers as I see them.

OF

kertong

*please delete me*
Could not have said it better myself, OF.

I'm a vapor/gadget enthusiast and I stayed away from portable vapes outside of the arizer solo / MFLB for the longest time. My friends were getting into modified eGo/JoyE/510 kits, mixing hash oil with eLiquid/propylene glycol, and raving about it, but i absolutely hated the idea of having to use a PG "carrier" liquid. I've also read iffy things about vaporizing and inhaling propylene glycol.

It wasn't until I saw the omicron that I was interested. My eyes pretty much popped out of their sockets when I saw that it was: User Refillable and Reuseable Cartridges, *and* the best part is that it takes 100% pure hash oil, ear wax, supermelts, etc. I was in som uch disbelief that I went to youtube and watched various people fill their carts with various 100% concentrate and puff off it. That was the key that unlocked the e-cig mmj gadgets for me.

I won't touch any cheapie ecig that uses eLiquid. I love that with the omicron I'm getting nothing but pure oil or extract. No PG, and no seperation/settling to worry about (where you get all the thc in the first 10 hits and the remaining 70 hits are cloudy blueberry flavored PG hits that dont' get you high).

A lof of my friends dismiss the omicron as another ecig/ego/510, because they assume it uses the same eliquid mix, with no way to get refills outside of a dispensary. It almost is like the best kept secret in portable vaping - granted you have regular access to oils and concentrates. :)

kertong,

SD_haze

Omicron V2 upgrade shipped & on its way, really looking forward to this sucker!

Thanks again THC for the compassionate deals for customers

SD_haze,

JoeKickass

Omicron V2 upgrade shipped & on its way, really looking forward to this sucker!

Thanks again THC for the compassionate deals for customers

Nice I just got the same email!

I wonder how many v1's THC is going to accumulate from this? Do you have a giant growing pile of v1's somewhere?

JoeKickass,

kertong

*please delete me*
I'm going to hold onto my v1 - I love the aesthetic and how slim it is. :) Can't wait to try the 1.5ohm carts on the v1. Anyone know if HHCSJ carries 1.5ohm omi carts?

Also, a word of warning - I was cleaning out the oil deposits on the battery contact with a small paperclip dipped in iso, and when I wedged it into the groove/channel to get the oil out, i noticed the center battery contact moved! Crap. I pushed it back in and centered it, and it seems to hit just fine, and the connector isn't loose or anything. But I'm afraid I came very close to breaking my v1 batt. Careful, everyone!

jambandphan03

in flavor country
also be careful not to hit the button if you are using a metal tool to clean your connection, you don't want to short the battery by activating it while the metal is bridging the + and -. It is probably better not to use metal if you can help it. I use iso on a qtip

jambandphan03,
Reactions: kertong

kertong

*please delete me*
Good point on shorting the +/- with metal! I usually use a qtip but today my OCD kicked in full force and I just *had* to get that little sliver of oil out from the recessed ring/groove. Haha. Should've just medicated more..

kertong,

nickzzzx

So last week I received the new 1.5ohm carts in record time of 2 days from CA to FL. The day I got them I loaded up two carts with 0.7g of lemon diesel and 0.7g of hash plant, both waxy/solid oils that seem to work great in the 2.4ohm carts with almost no leaking and only a tiny pop clog. These new 1.5ohm carts are fantastic on my V1. I've been using both new carts all weekend and they do heat up a little faster and provide a bigger hit, but also the air flow seems less restricted compared to the 2.4ohm and they refuse to clog which is very nice (could be my waxy oils though). However, one of the carts seems to have a very off taste to it. My girlfriend said it tasted like chemicals but it reminds me of reclaim oil mixed with plastic somehow. I tried the oil on a clean dry pipe and it tasted great, so I'm thinking theres something wrong with my cart, because the other 1.5ohm cart I filled tastes fine. How can you identify a bad cart?? Anyone experience something similar? Otherwise, this device is a great piece of technology. Take care, Nick

nickzzzx,
Top Bottom