My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

zor

Ok, I got a new shipment of Pan's Ink and tried dissolving 0.5g in 1mL. It didn't go into solution very well, even when heated, so I added the remainign 0.6mL of ink. Mixed it up, let it cool, vaped it and was pretty nonplussed. No burnt flavor at all, great effect, but man this stuff vapes really quickly and doesn't seem economical at all.

Gonna keep with it to finish the cart off but think I'm gonna stuck with PuffMajic for now.

zor,

gladthaturaglide

agreed. i've noticed that cc vapes quickly too. I think I'm going to experiment mixing some vapeur extract into the solution and see what happens.

gladthaturaglide,
Reactions: zor

randomtoker

@zor & @gladthaturaglide that's interesting to hear that they both seem to vape quicker. Thanks for mentioning it. I was hoping Pan's Ink might work out to be a viable, cheaper alt to The Solution. :(

I'm still enjoying the flavor of this rosin I dissolved. It's so much more flavorful than other extracts I was using that it doesn't feel like I need a terpene mix so much anymore. When my bottle of Vapeur Extract finishes I might just get some pharmaceutical PG and VG and try to make my own mix with a little concentrated terpene extractions added just for a little extra bit of natural flavor.

Wish I had a friend locally who was into this and wanted to split a sample pack of concentrated terpenes from Extract Consultants. It's a little pricey. It would go a long way though since they're concentrated and only meant as additives to a pg/vg mix. I love that they even suggest some terpene combination 'recipes' for different times of the day (that's how I vape bud: energetic sativas in the day, dopey indicas at night).

I have spent a couple of weeks on this subject and what vape would best do it [i do not want a wick vape as i consider them to be unhealthy] i don't want to use any PG as i no that's not good for you, I no alot of e liquids have 20% or more in there but there are many with 100% Vg although i am told it simply cannot be 100% VG or it would be too thick a soloution..and that's what got me thinking maybe an oil vape in better suited.... and little as possible of the peg 300 cos that is not great for you either, as far as i know VG is not that unhealthy

I believe pharmaceutical grade PG and VG aren't proven to be toxic. PG is even used in Asthma inhalers. A very small number of people have allergic reactions to PG and others VG. They both get an undeserved bad rap from that, and from unscrupulous companies that don't use pharmaceutical grade in their e-liquids. PEG on the other hand is more toxic than PG.

These pages give a good overview of PG, VG, PEG, their usage in liquids, and relative safety:

Apparently PEG is thicker than PG (I didn't know that, I thought it was the other way around). I need to re-read this thread to see if anyone did some comparisons of mixing with different ratios for THC e-liquid, but it seems e-cig liquids moved away from PEG.

Last edited:

PDwasmy1st

I don't get it, Water is a solvent also. So water is bad?
Please explain.

Cheers
I
I suggest you look it up.
I don't think any oils are kind to normal vapes , i think best way is buy an oil vape and make the oil weaker with vg and dash of Peg [to mix it] for the safest workable formula that wont mess the vape up, you really do not need PG.

PDwasmy1st,

Izan

Thanks,
I am comfortable using VG, PG and PeG alone and mixed as needed for inhalation purposes.
If you are sharing new research on these, please post a link to the science.
I get you think it's (PG) evil, but I don't understand how you reached that conclusion.

Cheers
I

Izan,

r3vrb

hey everyone!
Id like to make my own ejuice with BHO and vape it anywhere with an Ecig.

I have a couple questions:

What do i use for Ejuice?

What pen should i buy in canada?

The Ejuice will get me high? How about the taste?

r3vrb,

VEGASMMJ

So I just took the plunge and bought the $125 bottle of Connoiseur Concentrates Original after loving my sample pack. Had to slap myself for spending that much on juice but I feel it really is "the solution" so I guess I'm set for awhile!

gladthaturaglide

Have any of the other CC users experienced any irritation in the mouth, nose and chest? Or any increase sensitivity to light when using it? I have read some people say it really bugs their chest. I haven't experienced much except for the roof of my mouth does kind of feel like I drank my coffee before it had cooled down, kind of irritated. I just can't tell if it's the terpenes or just something I drank or ate yesterday. Just only noticed it after I took a couple small vapes. The other thing im noticing is that it increased my sensitivity to light. Again, I just can't pinpoint if it was the terpene solvent itself, the extremely potent sativa strain I used (lambs breath/bread), or if it's just a result of adding the terpenes back into the extract and its have an interaction of some kind. I'm going to play around with the feeling I get from vaping the straight shatter versus the terpene shatter juice mix. Just for the record, I suppose all this stuff could all be in my head and I'm just a nut case but I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing anything similar. This post is not intended to bad mouth CC or create fear. I love this stuff and I hope I'm wrong because the overall vape experience is much better than ejmix ect.

gladthaturaglide,

zor

Pan's Ink gave my mouth a cooling kind of feel, like after eating mint, FWIW. I forget which terpenes were used, it was the relax or daydream mix

zor,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Id like to make my own ejuice with BHO and vape it anywhere with an Ecig.

Welcome to FC. You're in the right forum for your questions. I suggest reading the last 4 pages. All your questions will be answered (except which battery to buy).

randomtoker

Just noticed an easy way to keep simple tanks like the Evod or K1 etc. puffing well during a tank.

If it stops hitting well, open up your tank (take the battery off first), and find the wicking holes on the burner part of the unit. Take a thumbtack and just stick it in each hole and squiggle it around to loosen/remove any glop that gets in there and blocks good juice flow. Close it back up and it hits like new again.

Probably very obvious, but I just realized how helpful this is a couple days ago so I figured maybe it'd be worth sharing for anyone else that might not have thought about it.

I also take my burner out when a tank is done and put it in a shotglass with a teaspoon of Acetone. Swirl it around a bit and leave it somewhere safe to vent for a few minutes, swirling a few more times. Take the burner out and let it dry (I live in a desert so it's no worry). I clean the rest of the tank parts as well, but it's not as necessary. Now when you fill your tank with your next batch of juice it will stay a nice color all the way through instead of going gross black really quick. Flavor is WAY better also the more clean you keep your burner.

This probably would all sound pretty noobtastic to experienced nic vapers but this hardware is all new to me since I don't smoke or vape tobacco. I figure maybe some people here are in the same boat. Hope it helps!

blu15

Hi everyone! First time poster here! I read through the thread and I had some questions regarding cannabis e juice if some of you don't mind helping me out :) So first off, the main question I have is the difference between dry herb vs e juice when vaping. I currently have a mflb (low end dry herb vape) and it is really efficient in getting me medicated. Would e juice be a better value, ie more hits for the same price? As a reference, 1g of honey oil for me is $30 and 1g of herb is $10. Also, I am able to get pg, vg, or 50%pg/50%vg for mixing the oil with. Which would be the best to use (ejmix is too expensive for me)? Thanks for all the help! :)

blu15,

VEGASMMJ

I also take my burner out when a tank is done and put it in a shotglass with a teaspoon of Acetone. Swirl it around a bit and leave it somewhere safe to vent for a few minutes, swirling a few more times. Take the burner out and let it dry (I live in a desert so it's no worry). I clean the rest of the tank parts as well, but it's not as necessary. Now when you fill your tank with your next batch of juice it will stay a nice color all the way through instead of going gross black really quick. Flavor is WAY better also the more clean you keep your burner.

You are talking about the atomizer you do this with? I'm not familiar with Acetone, would this be the same as soaking in ISO? Didn't know you could soak atomizers.

VEGASMMJ,

randomtoker

You are talking about the atomizer you do this with? I'm not familiar with Acetone, would this be the same as soaking in ISO? Didn't know you could soak atomizers.
Ya, the little replaceable burner. I wouldn't soak it for days, but a quick soak to clean out the wick and coil shouldn't harm it and it makes a big difference in the taste and color of the next batch of juice you fill your tank with (doesn't go black and skanky instantly). You can go through several tanks before needing to replace a burner so it's nice to keep it clean in the meantime. ISO would probably do the same, Acetone is just more volatile so it evaps quicker and cleaner. Both should dissolve any organic matter in your burner though. Just make sure it's fully evaporated before filling/using. Barely need to use any, couple teaspoons in a shot glass, drop the burner in, swirl and sit for a few minutes, remove and dry.

Hi everyone! First time poster here! I read through the thread and I had some questions regarding cannabis e juice if some of you don't mind helping me out :) So first off, the main question I have is the difference between dry herb vs e juice when vaping. I currently have a mflb (low end dry herb vape) and it is really efficient in getting me medicated. Would e juice be a better value, ie more hits for the same price? As a reference, 1g of honey oil for me is $30 and 1g of herb is $10. Also, I am able to get pg, vg, or 50%pg/50%vg for mixing the oil with. Which would be the best to use (ejmix is too expensive for me)? Thanks for all the help! :)
Hey, welcome! I find I can stretch my cannabis better time/cost wise by juicing concentrates into e-pens instead of vaping dry herb. I have an Arizer Air and I love it. The problem is that since it takes time (and drains the battery) just to heat up, I tend to just sit and vape the whole bowl even though I probably only needed a couple tokes. I feel like the battery is already up to temp, might as well. And I don't like the taste of the flowers if I vape a bit, leave it in there and turn it off, then turn it back on later and vape the rest. So I was starting to go through flowers too quickly.

Your situation may be different, the mflb is great for quick little single tokes so it doesn't put you in that situation where you feel it necessary to puff your whole bowl each time you vape. I've been considering pickup up the Grasshopper for the same reason. It seems very suited to insta-tokes (quick heat up time allows you to just take single tokes, instead of puffing the whole bowl).

The other thing I like about juicing concentrates is that I can decide how concentrated my juice is. So I can mix it strong if I want so each toke is a good hit, or I can mix it really weak and then each toke is very mild. Right now, I'm mixing 1/4g of concentrate into enough juice to mostly fill a 1.5ml tank and that's lasting me a week very comfortably. So, a $25 1/2g of dispensary wax fills 2 of my tanks and gives me a couple weeks. Not bad. Now I'm back to buying buds and pressing rosin myself to mix into ejuice. The rosin tastes better than the dispensary wax and I use the chips for cooking after so I get double use.

I'm not sure about mixing ratios to make your own mixer. Review the thread again, I forget but I think some suggestions were posted. The premixed stuff: EJMix, PuffMagic, and Vapeur Extracts, are all 'pretty cheap' (not as cheap as just buying pg, vg though). I refuse to believe it's that hard to come up with a ratio that works on your own, but apparently it's kind of tricky to get a mix that won't separate.

randomtoker,

gladthaturaglide

Just FYI, after a week of off of the bubblegum cc liquid. I'm fairly convinced that it (bubblegum specifically) was causing gingivitis in my mouth. Now whether it is due to some type of ingredient in the stuff that I'm allergic too or maybe it's causing extreme cotton mouth which is eventually turning into gum disease , I don't know, but reguardless on three separate occasions now; vaping the bubblegum caused extreme inflammation in my gums and upper roof of mouth. Feels like a burning/tingling sensation and it would not go away until I brushed my teeth, flossed, and used peroxide mouth wash. To test this further last night I made another solution with the same strain of concentrate and this time using the original grilla 13 (the solution). Going to try it after work to see if it causes the same problems. Maybe it's me but if anymore of you experience this please post here because I'm genuinely trying to figure out what was going on. Was not a pleasant experience and the problem seemed to hault after quitting the bubble gum.

Also anyone else experiencing some separation when using vapeur extract?

gladthaturaglide,

zor

Wow, that's kinda disturbing to read, hope you're feeling ok now.

This is a sobering reminder for all of us, vaping isn't necessarily 100% safe! We've accepted a certain level of risk by vaping weed alone, as it is, and even then proper long-term studies have yet to be conducted (evaluating my daily usage over years, for example). Adding in other agents obfuscates this further.

VEGASMMJ

Just FYI, after a week of off of the bubblegum cc liquid. I'm fairly convinced that it (bubblegum specifically) was causing gingivitis in my mouth.
I've only been using the Original Grilla thus far and have not experienced this after about a dozen carts. I also had 3 carts made with blueberry and didnt experience this. I have a sample of the bubblegum but I'm a little hesitant to use now lol!

VEGASMMJ,

gladthaturaglide

I've only been using the Original Grilla thus far and have not experienced this after about a dozen carts. I also had 3 carts made with blueberry and didnt experience this. I have a sample of the bubblegum but I'm a little hesitant to use now lol!
Yeah as an update. I just tried new concoction with grilla and it is not doing what the bubblegum was doing, so that's good.. It was so weird, Not pleasant. Kind of bummed too cause it tasted great. I might be allergic to something in the bubblegum idk.

gladthaturaglide,
Reactions: sativasam

randomtoker

Also anyone else experiencing some separation when using vapeur extract?
I've had pretty good results and I even add a little flavor (handful of drops of vanilla, almond, or lemon extract, added to shot glass first while heating up so any alcohol evaps). A couple of times, I've added a few drops of nic juice and it caused some separation.

randomtoker,

Vapvana

Manufacturer
Hey everyone,

First off, I just want to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. I stumbled upon this thread over a year ago and have continued to come back to get updated, and relevant information.

I was about to pull the trigger on CC's The Solution, but ended up running across holyterp.com (Same company as vapeurextract.com). I went ahead and ordered there sample kit for $49.99. I will post back here when I can do some testing.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Now that I'm in So. Cal for the Winter, I've noticed I don't need to thin my 1 gram concentrate + .6 ml CC. Previously, in Wash. State, I needed to add a drop or 2 of EJMix to keep it flowing. I'm using O.pen carts, and also a K1, which came with an Aspire Ego battery. I love it!

Top Bottom