My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

Vapvana

Manufacturer
Now that I'm in So. Cal for the Winter, I've noticed I don't need to thin my 1 gram concentrate + .6 ml CC. Previously, in Wash. State, I needed to add a drop or 2 of EJMix to keep it flowing. I'm using O.pen carts, and also a K1, which came with an Aspire Ego battery. I love it!

What type of concentrate are you using if you don't mind me asking? Those are the ratios I intend to try with the Holy Terp solution. I plan to use it with high quality shatter.

I am also located in the North East, so do you think I should also add a couple drops of PG or PEG 400 to help with the colder weather? I'm definitely excited to give an all terpene solution a try. I'm not a fan of PG/PEG.

Vapvana,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I've used shatter and I'm-not-sure-what the-hell-it was gooey at room temp. You'll just have to wait and see. You can always add more thinning agent, but you can seldom subtract.

I never heated my condo greater than 66-68 F. If you plan to use outdoors, you may find it to solidify. My last Wash. ST batch I used .6 CC and a few drops of one of Pan's Ink's terpene solutions - that, too, worked for me.

florduh

Does anyone know the exact ingredients in Holy Terp? Vapeur Extract's normal line contains PEG which I prefer to avoid these days. For thinning a CC juice a little more I've also used Pan's Ink products and have had success. Some of their terp formulas do seem to have enhanced effects above and beyond the placebo effect. "Drowsy" works as advertised for sure.

randomtoker

Does anyone know the exact ingredients in Holy Terp? Vapeur Extract's normal line contains PEG which I prefer to avoid these days. For thinning a CC juice a little more I've also used Pan's Ink products and have had success. Some of their terp formulas do seem to have enhanced effects above and beyond the placebo effect. "Drowsy" works as advertised for sure.

I didn't know it was available yet. The Vapeur Extract Holy Terp page still has minimal info, but I see there's a whole new website just for their Holy Terp line. Very cool.

I suspect the Holy Terp line is basically the flavorless base (PEG + PG) with extracted terpene additives instead of flavor additives. If you look at the description page for any of the Holy Terp products, it implies that.

So, $25 for a a 30ml mixer with terpene additives. Not bad, but it explains why Extract Consultants' Solution is $125 for that much. I've had good luck with Vapeur Extract's flavorless. I'll definitely order one of their Holy Terp products now that they're out. But I agree, ideally it would be great to find an economical alternative that doesn't use PEG, PG, or VG (not sure it exists).

randomtoker,

florduh

I know it is a tough pill to swallow initially, but The Connoisseur Concentrates Solution is $125 for 25 grams. It takes about a half gram of CC to liquify a gram of concentrate.

So that bottle will allow you to make a little less than 75 ml of juice. That will last me a long time as it hits pretty strong.

Another way to look at it is you are spending around $2 and change for each K1 you are filling, not including the actual oil/concentrate cost. I feel like I can live with that, though I’d be more than happy to find a more affordable PEG free solution.

Vapvana

Manufacturer
Well it looks like I'm still gonna have to order the CC solution as well. I wanted to stay away from PEG/PG, but at least the Holy Terp line should be an upgrade from the straight up PEG 400 I have.

Update: They updated their website and it now shows the propriety blend and terpene profile. It's a mix of PEG/PG/VG/Terpenes.

Looks like I'll spring for the $125 bottle of CC when I can. This should do for the time being. I'll report back once I can do some tests.

Last edited:

whiffpennington

Hey guys this is the best discussion I have found. a LOT of good info here, thank you!
So recently I received some CC and I'm a bit worried about how strong the taste will be. Does it really enhance the flavor or will it mask my co2 oil? I'm trying to keep the flavor as close to the oil as possible but I am excited to try something other than the PG/VG blends I have been using.

whiffpennington,
Reactions: sativasam

DeezBraz

I second that whiffpennington. I've been searching for a nice e liquid recently as I've mostly been using ejmix and puffmagic, but I don't really fancy their aftertaste. I've been looking a lot into Connoisseur concentrates "the solution" and Holy Terps "jack of all trades". The solution seems like a really nice product, it's just the price is a bit steep and I hear that it has soy lecithin in it which may be questionable. As far as Holy terps products I believe they're using vapeur extract as a base, which has peg, pg and vg, but add terpenes based off Indica, Sativa, and Hybrids strains on their different lines. I will probably buy both and compare the two. I'll definitely update you all on my findings!

DeezBraz,

randomtoker

While I'd prefer to use "the solution", I still can't justify the price. I mix 1:3 minimum (concentrate to mixer), sometimes higher. I like to use larger glass tanks and have a few light puffs. I would go through "the solution" too quick for the cost. I would end up diluting it with pg anyway so I probably will stick with something like Holy Terps.

Actually, right now, I'm looking into bulk peg and pg, and pure terpene extractions so I can make my own 'Holy Terps'. I'd like to mix up separate AM and PM mixers with different terpene combos, try them out with my rosin, and if I can still taste any peg/pg, then I'd add a tiny bit of flavor (fruit, and herb).

Personally, after research, I don't really mind pg, vg, and peg for what they are. If they are the proper grade they are safe for low temp vaping. I just don't like the flavor of peg in particular, nor the others. I have found that mixing rosin instead of shatter helps make my mixes way more flavorful, but I still add concentrated flavors on top of that to get rid of the peg, pg, vg taste. I think, once you start mixing e-liquids past 1:1 you've lost your concentrate pure taste anyway. There's no flavorless substrate you can mix in that will really retain your concentrate flavor so you're always adding some kind of flavor after (either artificial, or terpene flavor, etc). So I'm not chasing that. I'm just trying to make a consistent, mellow e-liquid for day and night.

So ya, "the solution" is probably the best mixer for anyone that mixes under 1:1. And something like Holy Terps (or DIY: flavorless mixer as a base (ej, pm, ve) + Pan's Ink or Extract Consultants' pure terpenes + flavors) is the best option for anyone that mixes higher than 1:1.

randomtoker,

richmman1

Hi I'm New. I read this thread months ago. I bought EJ MIX from Amazon for around £20 delivered. It didn't mix that well, Separating in my iSub G tank. It stick to the sides making my tank oily & yellowy.
So then I tried puff majic by magic vapors I found eBay UK.
Totally different kettle of fish. It mixed & stayed stable.with a bit of heat it even cleaned the inside of my tank, dissolving the the into the liquid.
I tried the blue (blueberry) flavour which compliments the oil in the liquid. I found diluting 3:1 4:1 & 5:1 created good strengths. With ejmix even 3:1 made very crackly liquid that burnt my iSub 0.2 Ohm coils. The puff magic mixed concentrate liquid vape smoother on my tank & throat. It was more expensive at just over £20 but we'll worth it when dealing with expensive shatter.

VEGASMMJ

I have been playing around with my CC ratios. I had been using .6 CC along with 1 gram shatter. Experimented with adding a 3 drops of Puff Majic to help flow but could still taste the Puff even with only 3 drops. The last few weeks I have been mixing .7 CC with the 1 gram of shatter and this has been working great. I would say it really depends on your current climate and how hard your concentrate is. A softer shatter and warmer temps outside mean you can prob get away with .6. Glass like shatter and below 40 outside and u might want to use .7 I would not recommend using more than .7 of CC. I would think over .7 is where you would see the CC start to dominate flavor and it would even be too thin a viscosity.

Baz

I've been really enjoying using this in my Uwell Crown tank recently, using it in temp control mode and not a single dry hit so far. I used 1:1 Vapeur Extract and I'm on the third tank now using the same coil and it's just fantastic, on demand vape for days! (Literally, the tank holds 4ml of juice). Apologies if you're not really into vaping, this may be nonsense to you but I'm using the 0.15ohm Ni200 coils, max temp of 450 degrees F. The only issue I've found so far is that if I don't use it for a while, a bit of juice builds up on the coil and it will 'pop' and spit a small bit of juice the first time I vape it. Simple workaround though is to just fire it for a couple of seconds before using it until I hear that 'pop', just to get that excess juice off the coil, then it's good to go.

I tried before with a Aspire Atlantis and had decent results but got the occasional dry hit. Also used a HorizonTech Arctic and it worked really well until I woke up one morning and it had leaked all over the place, too much wicking on those coils I think. This Crown has been amazing so far though.

Vapvana

Manufacturer
ASPIRE K1 with 1g of good shatter and .5 CC Orange @ 1.8ohm BVC. OMG, the flavor, the clouds and the effect:nod:. So glad I found this thread.

only problem is now I am attached to it like a child to a sippy cup
This sounds like a pretty potent mix. How many hits do you regularly take at a time?

The orange CC sounds interesting, have you tried the regular solution as well? If so, how do they compare?

killmanjaro

I was looking into using CC to dilute my shatter because I find myself taking multiple dabs sometimes just because I love the flavor and act of smoking and one dab doesn't always satisfy all those cravings haha. The reason I am looking at CC is because I have vaped VG/PG liquids before and do not like the way it makes me cough during hits sometimes (its a weird harshness, not really like harsh smoke or like a big vape hit, its hard to explain).

Is using CC the same as like PG/VG in terms of the vapor it produces? I feel like PG/VG vapor is almost too thick sometimes off my friends various pens.

How are the flavors? Are they made using added terpenes? (Such as adding limonene to the G'rilla blend?) Or are they just phenotypes that produce those terpenes?

Would CC be a viable way of diluting in order to stretch my stash out a little longer as long as I don't go crazy with vaping?

killmanjaro,

VEGASMMJ

ASPIRE K1 with 1g of good shatter and .5 CC Orange @ 1.8ohm BVC. OMG, the flavor, the clouds and the effect:nod:. So glad I found this thread.
Ive never used a K1. How do you go about priming a new coil? Also what do u mean by "@1.8ohm"? Is that the strength of the battery?

VEGASMMJ,

zor

Ohm is the unit of resistance, different coils have different resistances which in turn offer difference experiences. I'm not well versed enough to describe the difference between subohm and "regular" ohm vaping, and I believe there are some sweet spots with regards to using coils of various resistances (which result in different heat temperatures).

Just wanted to post this as a heads up
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/ch...isease-have-been-found-in-more-vaping-liquids

Not sure what puffmajic use for their flavorings but I'm a little more wary now. I emailed them to ask about the presence of diacetyl, acetyl propionyl, and acetoin, doubt I'll get an informative reply but let's see...

Last edited:

zebra

Vaper

Nice just got the K1 with those same BVC coils as well... i may be 1.6 though instead of 1.8 I can't really remember. anyway, my question to you was how hard is it to fill while avoiding that middle tube? with a more honey like oil coming from an ampule rather than a syringe (talking about pure gold by tetralabs) i can't aim quite so well and worry i'd hit the middle air tube... think if the k1 was laid flat and i tried to drop it right on the glass on sides and left upside down for a bit to get whatever might be on the metal part to run off, then screw closed and hope no pure gold remained on the metal air tube part?? sorry for long question just dont want to end up wasting any gold... thanks for sharing!!!

zebra,

Baz

Ohm is the unit of resistance, different coils have different resistances which in turn offer difference experiences. I'm not well versed enough to describe the difference between subohm and "regular" ohm vaping, and I believe there are some sweet spots with regards to using coils of various resistances (which result in different heat temperatures).

Just wanted to post this as a heads up
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/ch...isease-have-been-found-in-more-vaping-liquids

Not sure what puffmajic use for their flavorings but I'm a little more wary now. I emailed them to ask about the presence of diacetyl, acetyl propionyl, and acetoin, doubt I'll get an informative reply but let's see...

Generally, sub-ohm devices will produce more vapour and allow more airflow so you can get bigger hits. The extra airflow also makes them better suited for 'direct lung inhale' hits where you breathe directly into your lungs, instead of 'mouth to lung' hits like you would if you were traditionally smoking. I believe the Aspire K1 is a mouth-to-lung type of device?

About those chemicals found in some e-liquids, I think it's worth noting that the same chemicals can be found in much greater amounts in traditional cigarettes (the article seems to gloss over that), as much as 100 times the amount of diacetyl which is the chemical that supposedly causes popcorn lung and yet no one has ever been diagnosed with popcorn lung due to smoking cigarettes. Now I'm not saying it's completely safe and obviously it's a good thing that people are aware of the dangers of vaping and that every effort is made to make them as safe as they can possibly be, but I also don't think we need to freak out too much either.

Here's some more information about it - http://blog.mtbakervapor.com/the-truth-about-diacetyl/

To summarize their findings, they found that the levels of diacetyl in tobacco were significantly higher than those found in the factories where the popcorn lung was contracted, bringing into question the diacetyl as the cause of the condition. Further, they found that smoking cigarettes, regardless of the higher levels of diacetyl has not been shown to cause popcorn lung. Looking at e-juice in relation to tobacco levels of diacetyl the Nicotine & Tobacco Research 5 group conducted a study Evaluation of Electronic Cigarette Liquids and published these results, “The purpose of this study was to evaluate sweet-flavoured electronic cigarette (EC) liquids for the presence of diacetyl (DA). DA was found in 74.2% of the samples. They were lower than the strict safety limits for occupational exposure and 110 times lower compared to smoking respectively.” This tells us first, that there is diacetyl in analog cigarettes at 110 times higher levels than those found in the e-juices they studied. Secondly this tells us the amounts they found in the e-juice were within the safety limits of exposure.

Last edited:

randomtoker

^^^ Great info. Ya regardless, I've been sticking to flavorless mixers and I just add organic lemon and or organic vanilla extract for extra flavor. Since I started using my homemade rosin as a concentrate, I get way more cannabis flavor now compared to when I was using dispensary wax, so I don't need flavor additives as much to cover the pg peg flavor.

I've been using the Kanger mini protank 3, and the Kanger T3D with great success. They both come with the same 1.5 ohm replaceable dual coils and I got a replacement box of 1.2s (but I think I would have preferred 1.8 to have cooler hits, I'll try that next, even maybe the 2.2). They both also have removable drip tips (cruicial, IMO). The T3D is 3ml (ish) and has lots of room for easy filling, great for me because I like my mixes very diluted. I fill the T3D and use the mini3 as an overflow tank. I haven't had issues with leaking or clogging with either of these tanks, and the dual coil hits great! Highly suggested, especially for anyone else that likes to thin their mixes and ends up with a lot of juice.

zor

I'm jealous of you guys with tanks that don't leak or gurgle!

I need to find a way to offload the ones I've purchased, I will never use them again

zor,
Reactions: Baz

florduh

Yeah temp control atomizers are pretty cool. These Sub Ohm tanks generally have huge intake holes on the atty itself which probably helps with thick weejuice. My issue is not wanting to carry around 4 ml on a daily basis. It takes me a month of regular vaping to go through a full K1 (around 1.3ml). I would rather not have excess oil sitting in a tank being constantly being heated and cooled. In addition, it makes me uncomfortable from a risk management standpoint. Losing 4 ml of juice via dropping or leakage would royally piss me off.

I wish a smaller capacity TC tank would come out, but that would really only be useful to the weejuice community.

Baz

Yeah, it does seem rare for a lower capacity tank to have really good wicking, I guess you don't really need it with standard e-liquid if you're not sub-ohming. There's definitely a balance though, as I found with the Arctic tank which has ridiculously massive wicking holes on the coils, too much will just cause it to leak. Think I lost about 1.5ml. :( It never leaked with normal e-liquid though, strangely.

The smallest capacity TC tank I'm aware of is the Triton mini, 2ml capacity and it has ni200 coils available but I'm not sure if you can buy just the tank, seems to come as part of a 'Aspire Odyssey Mini' kit or 'Aspire Quest Mini' kit. No idea whether it would actually be good either!

Edit: apparently those coils also work in the Nautilus Mini which is also 2ml capacity, but doesn't have top fill and probably other modernisations.

I need to find a way to offload the ones I've purchased, I will never use them again

I've got a drawer full of old gear! I've given a few bits and bobs away to friends and family to get them off smoking but still a bunch of crap remains. Think I forgot to mention but just to confirm, not had a single leak or gurgle with the Crown tank.

It looks kinda sexy too imo, here it is on an IPV D2. :cool:

LS2Vm0K.jpg

Last edited:

randomtoker

That Crown tank looks sweet.

I do get a little gurgle with both the Mini-Protank 3 and the T3D. Like @Baz I just give it a little pulse before puffing to let it pass. This is where the drip tip is mandatory for me. Gotta be able to catch and clean any of that, hate getting it in my mouth, ech. But it's not a significant amount that I'd count as leak.

For me, the Mini-Protank 3 is the perfect mini tank. It's 1.5ml, it uses dual coils (so you get good clouds without big leaky wick holes), and it's fully "dis-asebleable" (not really a word). Being able to take it apart completely to clean, having a glass tank, removable drip tip, and replaceable coils. Those are my big priorities really. Wicking and leak-proof being the other obvious ones. The little plastic carts were ok to start with, but I much prefer a tank that's more like a real vape tank now.

So ya, as a small one, the mini 3 is perfect for me but I'm loving the T3D for my daily driver now and it has taken over leaving the mini 3 just as overflow. At 3ml (actually ~2.6 of usable), I drain it in about 7 days and that's about 2/3rds of a gram of concentrate in there. I will be upgrading to a better battery next. I'm not going hog wild on purpose, but I know I'll continue stepping up the setup slowly over time.

**EDIT: Disclaimer is that every tank gets good and bad reviews from people so there are other factors. Could be the average temps, altitude, etc in my area just make these tanks work fine for me. Dunno.

Top Bottom