My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

VEGASMMJ

In my experience it takes about 15 minutes of constant stirring over a double boiler to get a real hard shatter to dissolve in the .6 of CC.

And i honestly don't see how adding only 2 or 3 drops of EJ is gonna make any difference in thinning out.

VEGASMMJ,

gladthaturaglide

No. Actually it remains pretty thick. There is no burnt taste that I can ascertain. In the photo below, formally full cart does not easily flow. Still, seems to work.
2015-11-06%2010.11.05.jpg

Perfect. I am going to try adding 3-5 drops into the next batch I make and see what happens. What do you guys use to heat the glass so you can stir the extract in? I'm looking at hot plates but I don't need anything crazy and these things are expensive. Just need something that can accurately heat something to roughly 130-150 degrees uniformally. Unfortunately it looks like my best bet is an electric portable stove top for like a college dorm and maybe an old school glass thermometer.

gladthaturaglide,
Reactions: NorVape

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
What do you guys use to heat the glass

I use a shot glass. I condition the shot glass with boiling water (I let it sit a bit) and dry shot glass. Last batch, I put 1 gram solid (supposedly) shatter in shot glass, 2 or 3 drops of EJMix, and placed the shot glass in a shallow pan of hot water, kept at 160 F. As it melted and I stirred, I added the total contents of a CC blueberry sample vial (.6 gram) and continued to stir until totally combined (about 5 minutes). I filled 3 1/2 o.pen carts (size=.6 gram) with a syringe.

For me, the extra 2 or 3 drops of EJMix made the difference between having to use a portable hair dryer to melt and fill the void created by vaping and not having to use a hair dryer. I suspect if I were in So Cal, the ambient temp would help keep it flowing. I'm never above 68 F, and often 66 F.

Last edited:

gladthaturaglide

Great options! i just ended up going to target and getting a mini cooking hotplate for 20bucks. I plan to get a thermometer and just make sure its at the right temp that way. anyways, i do want to recant my earlier statement. After the juice sat over night the flavor of the strain has become much more prominent. this stuff is great.. I think i'm going to have to buy the 125 bottle. lol

VEGASMMJ

For mixing I take a glass baking dish and put about 1 inch of water in it. Then I put it on the stove and just leave the stove on low. I stand my little glass beaker up right in the middle of the water filed baking dish. I let it sit for about 5 minutes then I hold it in place and stir till mixed.

As far as thinning as the temps get colder. I'm really against adding EJ to my mix as that was the whole point of me switching to CC in the first place. But If u use the o.pen carts I'm telling u my secret trick. Just hold the cart tightly in the palm of your hand for a minute or 2. Body heat thins it right out and hits great then.

randomtoker

Only reason I ask was that I was recently reading some stuff that was attempting to explain the difference of psychoactive effects between indica and sativa. There were multiple articles with tons of conflicting information, as far as which exact terpenes could be responsible, but the general idea was that some people think that varying ratio's of different terpenes in different strains in combination with the cannabinoids is what is creating a unique experience within each strain or phenotype of a strain. I guess my question hinges on the idea that is principle is true but let's just say it is for the purpose of this post. So if this is true, adding and using terpenes as a solvent could potentially change the effects of certain strains could it not? Just trying to better understand the role these terps play outside of flavor if there is any. Hopefully one of you guys can shed some light.

This is very true in theory. I haven't tested it yet. I think how much you'd notice when terpenes are re-introduced into a concentrate solution is probably dependent on how much you notice those differences when just smoking bud.

I'm a "medical" patient so I've been buying from dispensaries for years, and very selectively. I only smoke certain Sativas in daytime (creative, energetic) and Indica only at night (couchlock). For me, there's a huge difference between strains (even within the Indica and Sativa umbrellas). I love many Sativas in the daytime, but not all. I love Durban Poison, but too much of it during the day and I'm wired and I feel all agitated and anxious. While other Sativas are perfect and keep me mellow but creatively energized without anxiety. Same with Indicas, some I enjoy for the massive head effects, other are just too droopy for me. I find the strain data on https://www.leafly.com/ strongly matches my experiences so I use that site for reference a lot on my way to the dispensary. I know many people who say there's no difference between strains, just how high you get. I strongly disagree. I think those people wouldn't notice any difference if concentrates were mixed with terpenes or not.

It's possible to find the terpene profiles of various strains fairly easily online. I'd love to get a bunch of different terpene concentrates (http://taste-budds.com/), and experiment with re-introducing them into some super pure shatter (that likely has no terpenes left) in the same ratios of some of my favorite strains and see if I can replicate those differences.

So far, puffing this way (as described in this thread) has been awesome for me, but I really miss the flavor and subtle effects of vaping fresh buds.

StheDubya

Havent been around in a while but some good stuff going on in here. The convo got a little stale for awhile.

I got some CC that a client gifted me. Had a good taste. She didn't like the throat hit. It is a decent product IMO but it has its issues just like any mix. Works good but cant get a good mix that stays the same thickness through the whole cart fill. Thinkin it because the terps vape out much faster than the concentrates. So by the end of my cart I have some thick shit that doesn't wick well. When I pull it apart I have a coil caked in goo. My other gripe is that it is as harsh or harsher on the lungs as dabbing and that was what I was trying to get away from with vaping liquids. I want something better on my lungs than smoking and the terp mix gets my asthma going bonkers!

And I gotta ask. Are some of you using this stuff in plastic disposables? FYI terps eat plastics and rubbers fast as hell. Try sucking that stuff up into a syringe and it jams up fast cuz it almost instantly eats the plastic and rubber. I'm not willing to trust it in some cheap ass Chinese made throw away.

Sorry if some of this stuffs been talked about before. Only went back a couple pages

nikcorda

im still learning so much here.

all this terpene talk lately really explains why i dont like to dab/shatter as much as vaping some strong kush flower through my SSV. i think the missing terpenes are what i want. gonna have to put up the money for some CC soon to try them out.

still enjoying my puff majic original in a K1 for stealth though. i mixed it a little thinner last batch, was using 2:1 shatter to PM, mixed up some 2.5:1 yesterday for funfunfun fest, and it seems to be wicking a lot better in the K1. not getting too much of the burnt taste, as long as i dont ride the power too hard on it. it definitely gets the job done when i dont want to get caught, its so stealthy.

nikcorda,

VEGASMMJ

Havent been around in a while but some good stuff going on in here. The convo got a little stale for awhile.

I got some CC that a client gifted me. Had a good taste. She didn't like the throat hit. It is a decent product IMO but it has its issues just like any mix. Works good but cant get a good mix that stays the same thickness through the whole cart fill. Thinkin it because the terps vape out much faster than the concentrates. So by the end of my cart I have some thick shit that doesn't wick well. When I pull it apart I have a coil caked in goo. My other gripe is that it is as harsh or harsher on the lungs as dabbing and that was what I was trying to get away from with vaping liquids. I want something better on my lungs than smoking and the terp mix gets my asthma going bonkers!

And I gotta ask. Are some of you using this stuff in plastic disposables? FYI terps eat plastics and rubbers fast as hell. Try sucking that stuff up into a syringe and it jams up fast cuz it almost instantly eats the plastic and rubber. I'm not willing to trust it in some cheap ass Chinese made throw away.

Sorry if some of this stuffs been talked about before. Only went back a couple pages
Great post. Its interesting I have not had the problem u describe with my CC mix getting thicker as it goes. In fact my experience has been the opposite it hit's even better more it is used up. Usually hits best near the end of the cart. I did have the problem u describe when using Puff Majic. I am a little concerned about how caustic the CC is on the plastic o.pen carts but I haven't witnessed any degrading of my carts or syringe.

VEGASMMJ,

StheDubya

im still learning so much here.

all this terpene talk lately really explains why i dont like to dab/shatter as much as vaping some strong kush flower through my SSV. i think the missing terpenes are what i want. gonna have to put up the money for some CC soon to try them out.

still enjoying my puff majic original in a K1 for stealth though. i mixed it a little thinner last batch, was using 2:1 shatter to PM, mixed up some 2.5:1 yesterday for funfunfun fest, and it seems to be wicking a lot better in the K1. not getting too much of the burnt taste, as long as i dont ride the power too hard on it. it definitely gets the job done when i dont want to get caught, its so stealthy.

When I first got into this stuff I used to make it crazy strong. After almost a year of daily use I kinda learned less is more. Strength & taste. Lower power is better taste and more rounded high without burning or chem taste. When you use more liquid it flows better, gets bigger hits and leaves me baked. The k1 has gotta be the best all around tank still. I have tried a bunch of other ones and they cant touch em. Been wanting to try some of the Smok stuff with the organic cotton.

Great post. Its interesting I have not had the problem u describe with my CC mix getting thicker as it goes. In fact my experience has been the opposite it hit's even better more it is used up. Usually hits best near the end of the cart. I did have the problem u describe when using Puff Majic. I am a little concerned about how caustic the CC is on the plastic o.pen carts but I haven't witnessed any degrading of my carts or syringe.

I haven't used it in the little guys because any terp or essential oil is hella aggressive on plastics and stuff. My wife has some essential oils that she uses to make the house smell good and that shit will literally melt the caps over time on some of them. Even if you cant see it I would think its got to be doing something. I'm google crazy and when you google it the science says its no good. I trust science.

I used it in a k1. By the end the walls were covered in stuff that turned back to almost BHO like. Had to put some more CC in and using a heat gun and a lot of shaking was able to get most of it back. I haven't ever had that happen with puff majic except for when I get some super waxy shit concentrates. Maybe when it gets too cold but all you got to do is hold it in your hand for a few min

VEGASMMJ

I have a question for those of u who use a K1. I've never used 1 before. In the pics I see it looks like the intake hole is pretty high up in the cart. Like it looks like the liquid could dip below the hole where the oil is drawn into the coil. I guess my question is, are u able to vape all the liquid out of a K1 or when it gets low is there a last little bit that remains below where the hole is drilled?

VEGASMMJ,

StheDubya

You can get it all out. A teeny tiny bit is below. But you can kinda swirl it and tip it and it will catch in the little metal part over the coil and get wicked up. You should check one out, they work very good

randomtoker

Hey, good discussion going on here.

I'm using a couple $10 "disposables" like the K1 that have a glass tank and replaceable heaters (Gentleman's Saboteur Tank, and Kanger Mini Protank 3). They're ok, not perfect. I prefer this style over the tiny, plastic disposables because I prefer not to use plastic for anything and I don't feel comfortable supporting anything completely disposable. Anyway, I mix my juice pretty diluted, usually 1-to-3 or 1-to-4 (concentate to mix). I'm using Vapeur Extract mix (similar to EJ and PM) and my juice is pretty goopy at first but gets more runny over time. I pull out the heater and clean it about half way through the tank. I find that keeps the flavor, helps it hit well, and prevents the blackening of the mix (I always clean the whole tank and heater after it's empty before refilling). I use super basic little 3 temp batteries and mostly only use the lowest temp. So far, so good, sort of.

I have a question for everyone here though. (this crosses over with something I mentioned in the rosin thread but it's more relevantly discussable here).

I find concentrates deliver a monotone experience, it's why I never got into dabbing. I always preferred to smoke bud, and now for the past 4 years only vaped bud. Past couple months I've only been juicing concentrates into vape tanks to see if I could just do that for convenience. I dig the convenience but hate the taste and I'm getting bored of the monotone concentrate experience. I've been buying .5g wax packs at my dispensary. They're labeled with strain names, purport to not be butane extractions, and have QR codes on the back that take you to lab test results. They're all fine, plenty strong, but I get no strain differentiating effects between the strains offered. I've gone through about 6gs of different strains that I know well from bud and they all feel the same IMO. I miss vaping bud.

SO, I finally bit the rosin bullet today (pic, relevant part being the top image in the collage):
pixlr_20151107143151585.jpg

This pic isn't showing off anything awesome. It's a totally noob, first try. What's cool here was sticking it in my pen. As a technique, rosin has much higher terpene retention than other extraction methods. I mixed it with the Vapeur Extract same ratio as I usually use, filled the tank, let the wick prime, and took a couple puffs. It was really awesome. The flavor and full effects (IMO) are like night and day compared to when I mixed juice using the dispensary wax.

I've been considering buying some terpene extracts, or a mix with terpenes included, etc. Now I'm not sure it's necessary. If rosin can retain so much more terpenes to begin with, it feels like it may not be necessary to try to re-introduce any afterwards (best part being they're already there in the strain specific profile, not added haphazardly). This is the same mix that I used with the dispensary wax before. Those all ended up tasting the same (slight cannabis, no strain differentiation, mostly burnt plastic, generally gross unless I added artificial flavor). This mix today (with the rosin) should taste the same also but it does not by a long shot. It tastes mostly like the rosin and very little like peg/pg/vg. The buzz is full layered like buds also, not monotone like extracts.

We'll see how I feel about it as I go through this tank and try squashing some other strains of buds, but right now I'm so sold on rosin. All the flavor that I've been missing, and more importantly all the full spectrum secondary effects that I love from vaping bud feel like they're back. This is pretty huge for me. The prospect of being able to just press my own concentrates in small, quick batches to enjoy strain unique effects again, but with the convenience of the e-cig method is really exciting.

So my question: Am I crazy? Has anyone else, who prefers bud flavors and effects over concentrates for the same reasons, compared flavor and effects of mixing ejuice with conventional extracts vs mixing with rosin?

florduh

I use the K1 with a CC mix and haven't noticed any issue with the terps vaping first and leaving a sludge behind. I do mix it at .6CC to 1 gram concentrate so it is a bit thinner. I will update if I notice any issues with wicking moving forward. I still enjoy the taste far more than Puff Majic.

Also the K1 is still the best tasting cartridge I've found yet. I do drill the holes a bit wider for better airflow.

florduh

I'll admit I'm not well versed in Rosin, but does it leave behind any particles that could gunk up e-cig atomizers? Is there a best way to filter the resulting oil?

I'm using a couple $10 "disposables" like the K1 that have a glass tank and replaceable heaters (Gentleman's Saboteur Tank, and Kanger Mini Protank 3). They're ok, not perfect. I prefer this style over the tiny, plastic disposables because I prefer not to use plastic for anything and I don't feel comfortable supporting anything completely disposable. Anyway, I mix my juice pretty diluted, usually 1-to-3 or 1-to-4 (concentate to mix). I'm using Vapeur Extract mix (similar to EJ and PM) and my juice is pretty goopy at first but gets more runny over time. I pull out the heater and clean it about half way through the tank. I find that keeps the flavor, helps it hit well, and prevents the blackening of the mix (I always clean the whole tank and heater after it's empty before refilling). I use super basic little 3 temp batteries and mostly only use the lowest temp. So far, so good, sort of.

I have a question for everyone here though. (this crosses over with something I mentioned in the rosin thread but it's more relevantly discussable here).

I find concentrates deliver a monotone experience, it's why I never got into dabbing. I always preferred to smoke bud, and now for the past 4 years only vaped bud. Past couple months I've only been juicing concentrates into vape tanks to see if I could just do that for convenience. I dig the convenience but hate the taste and I'm getting bored of the monotone concentrate experience. I've been buying .5g wax packs at my dispensary. They're labeled with strain names, purport to not be butane extractions, and have QR codes on the back that take you to lab test results. They're all fine, plenty strong, but I get no strain differentiating effects between the strains offered. I've gone through about 6gs of different strains that I know well from bud and they all feel the same IMO. I miss vaping bud.

SO, I finally bit the rosin bullet today (pic, relevant part being the top image in the collage):

This pic isn't showing off anything awesome. It's a totally noob, first try. What's cool here was sticking it in my pen. As a technique, rosin has much higher terpene retention than other extraction methods. I mixed it with the Vapeur Extract same ratio as I usually use, filled the tank, let the wick prime, and took a couple puffs. It was really awesome. The flavor and full effects (IMO) are like night and day compared to when I mixed juice using the dispensary wax.

I've been considering buying some terpene extracts, or a mix with terpenes included, etc. Now I'm not sure it's necessary. If rosin can retain so much more terpenes to begin with, it feels like it may not be necessary to try to re-introduce any afterwards (best part being they're already there in the strain specific profile, not added haphazardly). This is the same mix that I used with the dispensary wax before. Those all ended up tasting the same (slight cannabis, no strain differentiation, mostly burnt plastic, generally gross unless I added artificial flavor). This mix today (with the rosin) should taste the same also but it does not by a long shot. It tastes mostly like the rosin and very little like peg/pg/vg. The buzz is full layered like buds also, not monotone like extracts.

We'll see how I feel about it as I go through this tank and try squashing some other strains of buds, but right now I'm so sold on rosin. All the flavor that I've been missing, and more importantly all the full spectrum secondary effects that I love from vaping bud feel like they're back. This is pretty huge for me. The prospect of being able to just press my own concentrates in small, quick batches to enjoy strain unique effects again, but with the convenience of the e-cig method is really exciting.

So my question: Am I crazy? Has anyone else, who prefers bud flavors and effects over concentrates for the same reasons, compared flavor and effects of mixing ejuice with conventional extracts vs mixing with rosin?

florduh,

randomtoker

Probably best to search around in the rosin thread for that. I know people have been putting their buds and hash in screen pouches, then in the parchment to filter the rosin as it flows out of the bud or hash. There's even a handful of entrepreneurs online selling mesh pouches already for that reason.

I've only pressed a few times now, so I can't comment with authority. I think it's not that difficult to keep the plant bits out without a mesh or screen like that. I was not careful with these presses because I didn't want to obsess over every detail. I just wanted to go through the process a few times and figure it out. You can see in the pic of my vape that there's tiny plant bits floating around. It hasn't been an issue yet with this batch of juice (but I tend to open my tank regularly and wipe the wick holes anyway). I'll keep it all cleaner next time.

Still enjoying it though. Not done this tank yet and I still find the flavor to be way better than when I was juicing dispensary wax. I'm definitely continuing down this road.

randomtoker,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

Thanks! I'm going to give it a whirl this weekend. My only issue is dispensary wax around me costs around $30 per gram. It will be hard to match this with Rosin and a 15% yield. But the idea of using a solventless extract in my e-juice appeals to me. Even though dispensaries are claiming their wax was made without butane, I don't buy it.

florduh,

VEGASMMJ

Also the K1 is still the best tasting cartridge I've found yet. I do drill the holes a bit wider for better airflow.
When u say that u drill the holes a bit wider are u talking about the intake holes inside the cartridge that suck the liquid in or the air holes on the outside of the cartridge. Could those of you who have drilled out a K1 explain this process?

randomtoker

^^^ I was wondering the same, thanks for posting the question.

Thanks! I'm going to give it a whirl this weekend. My only issue is dispensary wax around me costs around $30 per gram. It will be hard to match this with Rosin and a 15% yield. But the idea of using a solventless extract in my e-juice appeals to me. Even though dispensaries are claiming their wax was made without butane, I don't buy it.
Ya, the cheap wax is $25 for 1/2 g at my regular. :( There are sales on WeedMaps, for locations not that much farther I could try I suppose. I'm just not fond of concentrates really. It's no so much potential solvents that bother me, it's more the lack of aroma, flavor, and strain specific effects that makes me not like them. So this is still a test for me. Doing a super low-fi press I got 1/4 g of rosin from $20 of bud. If I can get the yield up to 25% with an actual press, then it'll work out to ~$20 for 1/2 g of rosin (If I'm buying small amounts of top shelf $10/g buds). Then I'll be beating the dispensary wax price, I get a product that smells and tastes better, and has strain specific effects, and I can even still cook with the chips after.

We'll see. I want to squash up a few more different strains and verify my aroma/flavor/effect experiences, but so far I'm enjoying the rosin juiced into my vape much better than other concentrates I've used. I'd love to hear your thoughts if you squash some and compare.

randomtoker,
Reactions: Copacetic

florduh

VEGASMMJ, sorry I am talking about the air flow holes on the outside. I used a drill bit, but it is escaping me what size. I'd say I widened it almost twice the size of the originals. I remember having to use one size bit that was a little larger than the current holes, then used a bit slightly bigger.

Afterwards, I did the same to my many K1's. I use these for nicotine juice as well. This may or may not be worth it for you but I appreciated the airier draw and feel it slightly improved taste on the THC juice. But that was back when I was using PEG so I needed all the taste help I could get.

When u say that u drill the holes a bit wider are u talking about the intake holes inside the cartridge that suck the liquid in or the air holes on the outside of the cartridge. Could those of you who have drilled out a K1 explain this process?

florduh,
Reactions: VEGASMMJ

PDwasmy1st

This is where i need to be having my conversations about:
Can i mix 50% VG with 40% Oils & 10% Peg 300 400 [does it need more peg, and less oils & vg because they are too thick for most e cig based vapes] in more or less any half decent e liquid vape? like this
https://www.ukecigstore.com/vtr-by-innokin.html

Or should i go for an oil vaporiser and add some vg to it ? i'd like to do a mix as so not to batter just mj all the time.

PDwasmy1st,

randomtoker

I'm unsure of ratios. I've seen some people share their custom ratio recipes in this thread if you browse back though. I'm just using one of the premixed brands and dissolving my concentrate into it (it doesn't list percentages on the label).

If I remember correctly, some people do 50/40/10 - pg/vg/peg? Someone help me out here. Then mix that 1/1 or 1/.5 - concentrate/mix depending how strong you want your hits, and that works ok in most vapes. Hopefully someone will chime in. I have similar questions because I'd rather make my own mix. The mixer I'm using is called Vapeur Extract (some mix of pg/vg/peg). I'd like to make it thinner though, it's a little goopy. I'm wondering if I should mix some pg into it or peg (then I don't know which peg to use either)?

**EDIT: I'd love to know more about this. All I know about PG vs VG is that nic vapers use more of one of the other to get more clouds or more throat hit. I don't know which, or at which ratio dissolves concentrates better. All I know about PEG is that people use it to mix steroids with so snooping around in muscle building forums I've found that the numbering in PEG relates to the molecular mass of the compound you're trying to dissolve. THC is 314.4 so at least PEG 300 is needed. I wonder if you can just dissolve concentrates directly in pure PEG 300, but probably not since they're not just THC (there's still oils in concentrates and CBDs, terpenes, etc).

Last edited:
randomtoker,

PDwasmy1st

I'm unsure of ratios. I've seen some people share their custom ratio recipes in this thread if you browse back though. I'm just using one of the premixed brands and dissolving my concentrate into it (it doesn't list percentages on the label).

If I remember correctly, some people do 50/40/10 - pg/vg/peg? Someone help me out here. Then mix that 1/1 or 1/.5 - concentrate/mix depending how strong you want your hits, and that works ok in most vapes. Hopefully someone will chime in. I have similar questions because I'd rather make my own mix. The mixer I'm using is called Vapeur Extract (some mix of pg/vg/peg). I'd like to make it thinner though, it's a little goopy. I'm wondering if I should mix some pg into it or peg (then I don't know which peg to use either)?

**EDIT: I'd love to know more about this. All I know about PG vs VG is that nic vapers use more of one of the other to get more clouds or more throat hit. I don't know which, or at which ratio dissolves concentrates better. All I know about PEG is that people use it to mix steroids with so snooping around in muscle building forums I've found that the numbering in PEG relates to the molecular mass of the compound you're trying to dissolve. THC is 314.4 so at least PEG 300 is needed. I wonder if you can just dissolve concentrates directly in pure PEG 300, but probably not since they're not just THC (there's still oils in concentrates and CBDs, terpenes, etc).
I have spent a couple of weeks on this subject and what vape would best do it [i do not want a wick vape as i consider them to be unhealthy] i don't want to use any PG as i no that's not good for you, I no alot of e liquids have 20% or more in there but there are many with 100% Vg although i am told it simply cannot be 100% VG or it would be too thick a soloution..and that's what got me thinking maybe an oil vape in better suited.... and little as possible of the peg 300 cos that is not great for you either, as far as i know VG is not that unhealthy

PDwasmy1st,
Top Bottom