My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

florduh

I am still happy with my Connoisseur Concentrates purchase. The taste and wicking are just better than Puff Majic/EJ. I am confident the burnt taste is from PEG not from the quality of your oil or the atomizer. I've tried similar wax mixed with Puff Majic and The Solution. Puff Majic gave the burnt aftertaste. The Solution terpene mix did not.

@VEGASMMJ or anyone else. Has anyone experienced leaking with the Bud/O.Pen disposable carts? So far I like them (with the CC/Solution mix at least). I mostly use the Aspire K1 which has never leaked on me so I'm just curious how the disposable carts compare.

So I just went ahead and ordered the $70 sample pack from Connoiseur Concentrates. I ordered 8 Original samples and 2 Blueberry. I actually didn't see blueberry available so I just requested those 2 in the comments section. Excited to try this stuff out.

Its a shame you can't just buy like one sample bottle. The most economical way to do it is they will sell you 25 grams for $125. I really probably should have just done that since I'm getting 6 grams for $70 in the sample pack. If I like the Original as much as I think I will than I will probably order the larger size in the future as $5/gram/ML isn't that bad in the long run.

florduh,

VEGASMMJ

I am still happy with my Connoisseur Concentrates purchase. The taste and wicking are just better than Puff Majic/EJ. I am confident the burnt taste is from PEG not from the quality of your oil or the atomizer. I've tried similar wax mixed with Puff Majic and The Solution. Puff Majic gave the burnt aftertaste. The Solution terpene mix did not.

@VEGASMMJ or anyone else. Has anyone experienced leaking with the Bud/O.Pen disposable carts? So far I like them (with the CC/Solution mix at least). I mostly use the Aspire K1 which has never leaked on me so I'm just curious how the disposable carts compare.

No they have never leaked on me. In fact I would say that is their biggest selling point is that they can be right side up, upside down, drop it on the floor, it never leaks. Only downside has been dry/burned hits when trying to hit it repeadedly in a short amount of time. Again I have only used Puff Majic thus far. But as others have stated, you get this great big hit on your first hit. But then you really need to give the cart a few minutes to "recover" before you hit it again or you will get the burned taste. I have found my best method is to just tightly palm the cartridge for a minute or so between hits to allow your body heat to warm the oil a bit. Seems to hit much much better when doing this.

VEGASMMJ,
Reactions: florduh

florduh

I really need to stop buying vape shit but I found an interesting take on the Bud Vape cartridge concept. It is a wickless (ceramic wick) tank made specifically for thick oils. I've wondered why companies haven't made an item like this.

I'm going to burn through the carts and K1 attys I have first, but this is an interesting development.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/hemp-...gh-viscosity/251154629.html#s1-3-1b|626456294

http://www.dhgate.com/product/bud-h...with-ceramic/259579265.html#s1-5-1b|626456294

florduh,

VEGASMMJ

Somebody posted about those a few pages back. Said they had really poor results and didn't work well.

VEGASMMJ,

florduh

Wow thanks for dissuading me! Save a little cash.

I'll stick with K1's and the standard Bud's.

florduh,

subsense

Hi All,

First of all, Thanks you all for this great information!
This is my first post here. Read this threat almost twice ;-)
This weekend I made myself some nice qwiso.
I’ve got 2 washes. 1 from some 2 year old bud. The other from 2014 bud.
Now I have some nice oil and my bottle of EJmix is on it’s way.
I vape (nic.) for over three years now. And my question is about the power on my Vamo V5.
I vape 100% VG (Deadly Sin) @11.5 Watts on a 1.8 BVC Coil in an Aspire Nautilus Mini. Great Clearomizer. Should I use the same power settings on my THC juice?
I am not a heavy THC consumer and I have low tolerance so I want to dilute my THC liquid with some 100% PG.
1 gram qwiso + 1 ml EJmix (as soon as it liquefies I stop adding EJmix) + 3 to 5 ml PG. And maybe some flavoring.
Second Question, I’ve read inconsistent success stories about the Aspire Nautilus Mini. Such a good Clearo, why wouldn’t this one work with THC juice?
I also have a dripper, so with this one I will be testing the juice.

subsense,

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Hi All,

First of all, Thanks you all for this great information!
This is my first post here. Read this threat almost twice ;-)
This weekend I made myself some nice qwiso.
I’ve got 2 washes. 1 from some 2 year old bud. The other from 2014 bud.
Now I have some nice oil and my bottle of EJmix is on it’s way.
I vape (nic.) for over three years now. And my question is about the power on my Vamo V5.
I vape 100% VG (Deadly Sin) @11.5 Watts on a 1.8 BVC Coil in an Aspire Nautilus Mini. Great Clearomizer. Should I use the same power settings on my THC juice?
I am not a heavy THC consumer and I have low tolerance so I want to dilute my THC liquid with some 100% PG.
1 gram qwiso + 1 ml EJmix (as soon as it liquefies I stop adding EJmix) + 3 to 5 ml PG. And maybe some flavoring.
Second Question, I’ve read inconsistent success stories about the Aspire Nautilus Mini. Such a good Clearo, why wouldn’t this one work with THC juice?
I also have a dripper, so with this one I will be testing the juice.

I use as little peg400 to dissolve then dilute about 1:3 with pg. I'm also experimenting adding about 5% limonene also. Im using a nautilus mini with an istick mini i normally run around 4v seems to work well for me ... but i havnt tried other setups. I find my oil darkens very quickly and and its best to store the tank upside down.

Im currently wondering if its better to make the product more diluted and run through a bigger sub ohm setup? I figure a more diluted thinner juice with a bigger coil and wick has less chance of clogging etc.

VapourHaze,

gladthaturaglide

I use as little peg400 to dissolve then dilute about 1:3 with pg. I'm also experimenting adding about 5% limonene also. Im using a nautilus mini with an istick mini i normally run around 4v seems to work well for me ... but i havnt tried other setups. I find my oil darkens very quickly and and its best to store the tank upside down.

Im currently wondering if its better to make the product more diluted and run through a bigger sub ohm setup? I figure a more diluted thinner juice with a bigger coil and wick has less chance of clogging etc.

I'm right there with you on the thinner solution at higher wattage. Been wondering for months but i don't really have a supply that I can just chance wasting in experimentation. Please let me know the outcome. My only potential problem with this idea is that pg at high watts might be too much throat hit. I tried this with a standard 2:1 (ejmix:1 gram)in an aspire Atlantis at about 35-40 watts and it made my throat very itchy for a while after testing. Ended up switching back to regular tanks at 11.5 watts.

gladthaturaglide,

randomtoker

Interesting discussion. My thoughts were right along the same lines in the past few days. Been thinking something like the Atlantis 2 Sub Ohm on their CF Sub Ohm battery could be a relatively cheap, entry level setup for getting bigger, more consistent hits using more diluted solution (terpene based for smoother vape). The Atlantis has huge wicking holes compared to the Nautilus. Perhaps a better solution (terpene based) would reduce the throat itch (EJ seems prone to that plastic burnt taste that feels irritating).

randomtoker,

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
I am a newbie to ecig mixes. Up til now I just have used straight thc concentrates in w9 Kiss Carts and bud style gotvapes saphire. I wanted to try an ecig tank because I have heard so many good things about the aspire BVC.

I ordered an aspire mini e-pen and a pack of BVC coils from ECBlends. It came with a black apple sample which says "5ml 0mg NIC reduced %pg #g288g". It also says it contains vg, pg, artificial and natural flavors. Can someone decipher the ratio of pg and vg in this mix, and give me thoughts on the concentrate (absolute extracts) to mix ratio?

Also, any issues with loading concentrate and mix independently of each other into the tank (upside down), heating it up a lil bit with a hair dryer so that the mix is runny and more uniformly blended?

notoriousLrg,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I've only had luck with products designed for concentrates: EJMix, PuffMajic, and CC mentioned above. If you are unsure, maybe try to dissolve .20 gram in a bit of the solution: if it doesn't dissolve/separates, it's easy enough to recapture by cooling down.

I, too, had problems with PuffMajic (and maybe EJMix) turning dark and scorched tasting. That's why I'm giving a try to CC. So far, so tasty. Additionally, I've decided that large clearometers carry far more than I need in any given day, so I bought 50 of those disposable, reusable. .6 of a gram carts. So far so good.

Last edited:

VEGASMMJ

I received my sample pack from Connoiseur Concentrates and have been playing around with the original for the last few days. Its is amazing stuff. I don't want to overstate it but it think this stuff has solved all my problems. Taste great and use very little to get an incredibly thin consistency. And the rips I'm getting from this stuff. Boy oh boy. Giant dab sized rips out of the .6 o.bud/o.pen carts. Before using I prime the carts by sucking hard about 20 times through the cart with the rubber stopper removed. This Solution is bomb. All of the burned hits and sore/burned back of thoat is gone. This is all I will use from now on.

zor

Nice, this is all great info guys, glad to hear the experience has been great so far with CC! Unfortunately the price point is still waaaaay too high for me :(

zor,

VapourHaze

I find i can taste zero peg400 when using about about 0.3ml per gram (dissolves nice) then dilute to taste and add about 5% limonene. Zero plastic taste just orangey hash :)

For best results from nautilus mini i store upside down

notoriousLrg

sTrange cLouds
question from a noobie. When you guys inhale THC concentrate vapor that has additives, do you retain the hit for as long as you would if it had no additives? Or does the answer depend on the additives (CC, peg/vg, etc)?

notoriousLrg,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Some believe there is no reason to hold hits in since all the contact the THC molecules of inhaled air against the flesh of the lung has been absorbed already. They claim for further absorption, you need to exhale a little bit and then inhale fresh so the new is mixed with the old and new molecules (from both breaths) end up against the lung.

Old habits die hard. I generally hold my hits in, and perhaps it is just hyperventilation, but sometimes I get this head rush......

macbill,

randomtoker

Hey guys,

Since this is a very long thread, I thought it might be helpful for some people to aggregate some info regarding mixing solutions into a newer post with easy links.

($) Basic mixing elements:
  • pure vg, pg, peg, etc.
  • mix your own

($$) Pre made mixes (in anecdotal order from smoothest to harshest):

($$$) Terpene Solutions:

• Connoisseur Concentrates
  • Pan's Ink
    • $10/1.6ml (75 drops, ~2g?)
    • 6pack = $50
    • multiple terpene options
  • Extract Consultants
    • $10/10ml
    • $150/.25lb
    • multiple terpene options
    • description says "vape ready" but price suggests this is concentrated for flavoring, not the actual mix itself (anyone know?)

Has anyone tried either Pan's Ink or Extract Consultants? I've seen some positive reviews of CC's "The Solution" already but the price puts me off and I don't want a sample pack. I may try a single bottle of Pan's Ink. The price is still steep, but I can experiment for 10 bucks. If I like it, it's not so sustainable though. I'm wondering if anyone else has found any other resources, or if this is it for now. I'm hoping some competition will bring these prices down a bit. Would also be great to get some chatter / info going on terpene extraction and start DIY'ng this.

Anyway, hope it helps. Thanks again for the thread.

zor

Excellent post @randomtoker! I think I will take the plunge on Pan's Ink as it's within my budget, I do have a ton of puffmajic thcjuice at the ready so it can make for easy comparison

edit: ....and ordered, 1.6mL of the sensual mix (the flavors sound intriguing!)

edit 2: in time it would be great to start collecting experiences in one place from different dilutions with the various media out there. e.g. 1mL CO2 extract in 4mL puffmajic, 0.5g shatter in 1mL terpenes, etc. I'm not sure where to start once I get the pan's ink terpenes....

Last edited:

florduh

I am happy with my Connoisseur Concentrates purchase. Great taste (it tastes like pure concentrate/wax to me). No nasty throat hit. It works great in any tank I've tried. I am done with PEG based products at this point.

Now, the price is a bit too steep. Hopefully it goes down as competition increases. I am interested in the Pan's Ink line. The specialized effects coming from the terpenes sound interesting. My concern is Pan's Ink never claims their product will liquify a concentrate without separation like CC clearly does.

Has anyone used Pan's terpenes alone to make THC juice?

VEGASMMJ

I am happy with my Connoisseur Concentrates purchase. Great taste (it tastes like pure concentrate/wax to me). No nasty throat hit. It works great in any tank I've tried. I am done with PEG based products at this point.

Now, the price is a bit too steep. Hopefully it goes down as competition increases. I am interested in the Pan's Ink line. The specialized effects coming from the terpenes sound interesting. My concern is Pan's Ink never claims their product will liquify a concentrate without separation like CC clearly does.

Has anyone used Pan's terpenes alone to make THC juice?

I'm loving this CC so far. I'm getting such awesomely big rips with this stuff. Right now I'm using the entire .6 gram sample with 1 gram of shatter. This is giving me the best consistency. Fills three of the .6 carts almost all the way up. When I run out of the sample pack I'm gonna buy the $125 bottle. That .6 of Solution will only cost me $3 then. $1 per cart, I can live with that.

randomtoker

Excellent post @randomtoker! I think I will take the plunge on Pan's Ink as it's within my budget, I do have a ton of puffmajic thcjuice at the ready so it can make for easy comparison

edit: ....and ordered, 1.6mL of the sensual mix (the flavors sound intriguing!)

edit 2: in time it would be great to start collecting experiences in one place from different dilutions with the various media out there. e.g. 1mL CO2 extract in 4mL puffmajic, 0.5g shatter in 1mL terpenes, etc. I'm not sure where to start once I get the pan's ink terpenes....

Cool, can't wait to hear about your experience with it!

I'm really curious about Extract Consultants' vape ready line. I wrote the wrong price in my above post, sorry. It's $25/10ml, not $10/10ml. I originally assumed it was just flavoring and not a mix, but when comparing the price, it must be a full mix solution (EDIT: not a full mix, just concentrated terpene). I'm also wondering when Vapeur Extracts will release their Holy Terp product (and what price it will be when it arrives!).

Strictly from a price per ml standpoint, it's looking like this (I know all things aren't equal, but bottom line is an easy way to look at it):

$2.50/ml - Extract Consultants, Vape Ready Terpene Blends (EDIT: still requires pg/vg/peg)
$5.00/ml - Connoisseur Concentrates, The Solution
$6.25/ml - Pan's Ink

#EDIT: I just got in touch with Extract Consultants. Their "Vape Ready" terpene blends are strictly highly concentrated terpene extractions and require mixing into your choice of already diluted juice. So it is not a mix for diluting your concentrates. You still need to dilute your concentrate with pg/vg/peg or whatever and then just add ~1% of their solution. Good to know. I would look at this as a viable option (good price now from this perspective), but I'd rather get away from pg/vg/peg entirely. Makes me wonder what the other "terpene" mixes use for filler?

#EDIT2: Here's their instruction page (duh, I didn't see it): http://extractconsultants.com/how-to-use/ The rep suggested 3% when mixing with PG+extract mix instead of 1% when mixing with straight extract (for direct dabs instead of eliquid).

Last edited:

VapourHaze

Fwiw

Im having good results from adding a small amount of vg to the mixture around 10%. It seems to help wicking .. makes the ejuice last longer and gives better clouds. It does however require a small shake occasionally to help emulsify.

This is my current recipe approx

1g oil
0.3 ml peg400 (use as little as possible to liquify oil)
3ml pg
0.2ml d limonene
0.4ml vg

Currently the vg is working for me in these ratios but if you have less pg (or more concentrated ejuice) the vg may not emulsify so well.

Top Bottom