My secret to THC E-Cig PG-Liquid... Potent, Effective, Cheap, Easy!!!

VEGASMMJ

As a snowboarder I'm curious to see how these homemade cartridges hold up on the slopes. This would be such a convenient option for the lifts, but I have a feeling most of these carts are going to freeze solid. Especially the lower ratio carts, I.E - 1:1. Even if they don't freeze I can foresee serious wicking issues at those temps. Anybody have experience?

VEGASMMJ,

Devilstompa

Devilstompa
I am interested in making THC Eliquid. I was thinking of using everclear as the base I read alcohol extracts more THC is this true? Then I was going to transfer the everclear extraction into VG. Would I have to decarb the cannabis first or would the coil heat up enough to turn the thca to thc?

Devilstompa,

florduh

To make any juice worth vaping you'd need to make/buy a concentrate (wax, shatter, oil). From there it is pretty simple to make THC juice. Most people are using Puff Majic or EJMix to thin out the concentrate for e-cig equipment.

I am interested in making THC Eliquid. I was thinking of using everclear as the base I read alcohol extracts more THC is this true? Then I was going to transfer the everclear extraction into VG. Would I have to decarb the cannabis first or would the coil heat up enough to turn the thca to thc?

florduh,

florduh

I took the jump and bought the $70 Connoisseur Concentrates terpene solution sample pack.

So far I'm impressed. I mixed about .5 grams of their blueberry flavored dilutant with 1 gram of dispensary wax. This resulted in a juice as thin as 2-3ml Puff Majic : 1gram concentrate. I have no conception of the chemistry behind a small amount of terpenes liquifying this much wax and I'm not sure I care.

The taste is interesting. I really don't detect any blueberry, just a LOT of wax/concentrate taste. Almost too much. I can't tell if this is from the wax itself, or the Connoisseur Concentrate dilutant. My guess is it is from the dilutant. The wax/terpene taste is strong enough to almost come off as "artificial". This is hard to explain but I feel it is important to note.

The best part is the lack of PEG "burnt" aftertaste. I keep trying to find a tank that will not give me that weird burnt aftertaste. I'm now thinking it is not the tank/atomizer. It is the Puff Majic/EJMix itself giving me that odd taste. Now the CC juice still gives a heck of a throat hit. BUT it is similar to the hit from smoking straight wax.

The worst part (for me) is there is no way to dilute this juice to 20-25% THC like you can with Puff Majic. I'm a bit of a lightweight and like keeping myself there from a tolerance perspective. I like being able to titrate over the course of many puffs.

When I took 4 pulls from my .5 CC dilutant:1gram wax juice at 6.0-6.5 watts.... I was as high as I've ever been. Almost had to cancel dinner plans as I was starting to dissociate from reality.
But like I said... I'm a lightweight.

Devilstompa

Devilstompa
Wouldn't the vape coil get hot enough to turn the thca to thc ? Some people say you don't have to decarb.

Devilstompa,

florduh

@Devilstompa I originally worried about this as well. But no longer. I read "studies" showing e-cig coils only get to a sub-decarb temperature. However, all that matters is the exact point where the oil meets the coil. And at that point the temperature absolutely gets hot enough to activate THC.

I've tried decarbing concentrates before making juice but found it isn't worth the effort. The atomizer will get hot enough to decarb on the fly.

Hope this helps.

florduh,
Reactions: zor

DeceiverZ

I took the jump and bought the $70 Connoisseur Concentrates terpene solution sample pack.

So far I'm impressed. I mixed about .5 grams of their blueberry flavored dilutant with 1 gram of dispensary wax. This resulted in a juice as thin as 2-3ml Puff Majic : 1gram concentrate. I have no conception of the chemistry behind a small amount of terpenes liquifying this much wax and I'm not sure I care.

The taste is interesting. I really don't detect any blueberry, just a LOT of wax/concentrate taste. Almost too much. I can't tell if this is from the wax itself, or the Connoisseur Concentrate dilutant. My guess is it is from the dilutant. The wax/terpene taste is strong enough to almost come off as "artificial". This is hard to explain but I feel it is important to note.

The best part is the lack of PEG "burnt" aftertaste. I keep trying to find a tank that will not give me that weird burnt aftertaste. I'm now thinking it is not the tank/atomizer. It is the Puff Majic/EJMix itself giving me that odd taste. Now the CC juice still gives a heck of a throat hit. BUT it is similar to the hit from smoking straight wax.

The worst part (for me) is there is no way to dilute this juice to 20-25% THC like you can with Puff Majic. I'm a bit of a lightweight and like keeping myself there from a tolerance perspective. I like being able to titrate over the course of many puffs.

When I took 4 pulls from my .5 CC dilutant:1gram wax juice at 6.0-6.5 watts.... I was as high as I've ever been. Almost had to cancel dinner plans as I was starting to dissociate from reality.
But like I said... I'm a lightweight.

Thank you for taking the plunge and coming back here to leave your report. I've been trying to do the same. $70 is a fair bit and did you have to buy their batteries or were you able to get just all sample liquids?

Can you comment a bit more on the "artificial" taste that you noticed? Does it almost taste like what a chemical cleaner would be like? I believe I've experienced this taste in the past.

In terms of diluting it down to your preferred concentration, I'd suggest you use a few drops of the Connoisseur Concentrates (CC) to get things started then add in your EJmix or puff magic after. Of course this would defeat the purpose of not having PEG in the cart but perhaps it could be a good combo to experiment with. Especially if you could get the potency AND the thin viscosity in the end product.

Also, if you don't mind what type of cartridge/tank are you using?

Thank you again for sharing this information here with us!
-DZ

DeceiverZ,

Devilstompa

Devilstompa
@Devilstompa I originally worried about this as well. But no longer. I read "studies" showing e-cig coils only get to a sub-decarb temperature. However, all that matters is the exact point where the oil meets the coil. And at that point the temperature absolutely gets hot enough to activate THC.

I've tried decarbing concentrates before making juice but found it isn't worth the effort. The atomizer will get hot enough to decarb on the fly.

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much this helps a lot.

Devilstompa,

Devilstompa

Devilstompa
My other question is if using Everclear how long would you let the Cannabis soak for in the Everclear ?
Would using VG or PG even work? does it extract thc ?

Devilstompa,

florduh

What sold me on the $70 sample pack was being able to select 10 dilutant samples without any of their disposable batteries/vapes. So for $70 I got 10, .6gram samples. This is enough to make 12-15 ml of juice using wax. Perhaps a little less if using a hard shatter. This will last me a long time, so the $70 was worth it.

As for the aftertaste… It may be the chemical cleaner taste you described. Emphasis on the MAY because it wasn’t unpleasant. I would say it was a bit artificial… but still tasted very “weedy” and was a step up from the odd PEG aftertaste. This is personal so others may disagree.

I appreciate the suggestion with adding a little Puff Majic to thin it out. I will probably give this a whirl with future batches.

I am using an Aspire K1 1.8 ohm tank. I ran it at 6.0-6.5 Watts (around 3.3-3.4 volts). Tons of vapor. No wicking issues.

I will post updates as they come up!

Thank you for taking the plunge and coming back here to leave your report. I've been trying to do the same. $70 is a fair bit and did you have to buy their batteries or were you able to get just all sample liquids?

Can you comment a bit more on the "artificial" taste that you noticed? Does it almost taste like what a chemical cleaner would be like? I believe I've experienced this taste in the past.

In terms of diluting it down to your preferred concentration, I'd suggest you use a few drops of the Connoisseur Concentrates (CC) to get things started then add in your EJmix or puff magic after. Of course this would defeat the purpose of not having PEG in the cart but perhaps it could be a good combo to experiment with. Especially if you could get the potency AND the thin viscosity in the end product.

Also, if you don't mind what type of cartridge/tank are you using?

Thank you again for sharing this information here with us!
-DZ

florduh

@Devilstompa I'm a little confused. Are you trying to make QWET/QWISO from straight weed to later be mixed with PG/PEG?

You can't make THC vape juice from loose leaf weed using PG. Using VG to extract THC can work somewhat ( I know the Magical Butter Machine has a tincture function you can use with VG) BUT this will result in a very weak juice and won't be worth it.

Really, the best (only) way is to make juice is using PEG (Puff Majic or others) and a concentrate.

My other question is if using Everclear how long would you let the Cannabis soak for in the Everclear ?
Would using VG or PG even work? does it extract thc ?

florduh,
Reactions: zor

VEGASMMJ

What sold me on the $70 sample pack was being able to select 10 dilutant samples without any of their disposable batteries/vapes. So for $70 I got 10, .6gram samples. This is enough to make 12-15 ml of juice using wax. Perhaps a little less if using a hard shatter. This will last me a long time, so the $70 was worth it.

As for the aftertaste… It may be the chemical cleaner taste you described. Emphasis on the MAY because it wasn’t unpleasant. I would say it was a bit artificial… but still tasted very “weedy” and was a step up from the odd PEG aftertaste. This is personal so others may disagree.

I appreciate the suggestion with adding a little Puff Majic to thin it out. I will probably give this a whirl with future batches.

I am using an Aspire K1 1.8 ohm tank. I ran it at 6.0-6.5 Watts (around 3.3-3.4 volts). Tons of vapor. No wicking issues.

I will post updates as they come up!

Great report on the Solution! Have you had a chance to try the original flavor yet? That is the one I an most interested in.

I also always suspected that the Puff Majic/EJ was responsible for the burnt taste and not the carts themselves. Do you find this Solution has improved wicking as well? Again great report.

VEGASMMJ,

florduh

So in the 10 samples I did get some of the Original Solution. I haven't tried it yet but will next week when I get some more wax.

And yeah I'm thinking the PEG is more of the culprit than the cart itself. Weird because I vape PG nicotine juice and never experience that.

I did try these atomizers (same as O.Pen or BudVape) http://www.ebay.com/itm/151824748929?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

First I tried my Puff Majic mix. Burnt as all hell. Way worse than my K1 (drilled out for better airflow).

Then I tried the Solution mix. Not burnt at all.

I still prefer the K1 for airflow, vapor production, and taste. But I do like being able to carry less juice in those .3ml carts.

I would say wicking is improved somehow with the Solution. Prior, I had said the Solution juice was as thin as 3:1 PuffM to Concentrate. But after cooling it is a bit thicker than that. Still, it wicks better than a thin Puff Majic mix.

My only big gripe would be the price. The $70 for 6 grams sample pack is the only real cost effective option they have. The numbers work out for me fine, and is still a big savings over buying pre filled dispensary carts, but it is a big price jump from EJ/Puff Majic.

They do have free, fast shipping though.

Great report on the Solution! Have you had a chance to try the original flavor yet? That is the one I an most interested in.

I also always suspected that the Puff Majic/EJ was responsible for the burnt taste and not the carts themselves. Do you find this Solution has improved wicking as well? Again great report.

florduh

@gladthaturaglide I use the Aspire K1 1.8 Ohm at 6.0-6.5 watts on an eleaf iStick. Maybe a little more for better vapor production. Maybe a little less for better taste.

florduh,

gladthaturaglide

Has anyone used subohm tanks or something with better wicking than these disposable carts? I realize the pg/peg mix is thinner but the wicking agent and the hole that allows the liquid to the wicks are so small. I feel like that has got to be playing some role in the burnt taste to some extent. Anyone ever tried to use weaker liquid at higher watts? In the same vein as 3mg juice At high wattage?

gladthaturaglide,

Devilstompa

Devilstompa
I Use a sub ohm tank and drippers are very good. I use to have that problem to with carts even some older tanks to. It would make me angry cause I would get burnt hits all the time. Since I switched to drippers and sub ohm tanks I haven't had that problem once especially drippers.

Devilstompa,

florduh

I've had the opposite experience using Puff Majic/EJ Juice with a sub-ohm RDA. Burnt as shit.

Sub-Ohm works great with nicotine juice however.

I do want to try an RDA at a lower wattage with a regulated battery. That would eliminate any wicking issues that would be caused by the smaller holes. I suspect however that the PEG itself is causing the bulk of the weird burnt taste at higher wattages.

florduh,

nikcorda

I found this thread about a month ago in my quest to get "medicated" during ACL this past weekend. I am currently waiting for my grasshopper vape pen, and was hoping to get it before ACL, but that didn't happen. I stumbled across this thread which has given me a wealth of information, and I greatly appreciate it.

I went out and purchased an aspire K1 atomizer, an evic vtc mini mod, an ego one sub ohm atomizer to mess around with, a bottle of puff majic original, and a gram of locally made bho shatter (non legal state). i also pressed about .5 grams of rosin from some flowers to play with as well.

before mixing things up, i put straight puff majic original in the K1 with a 1.8 ohm coil to get an idea of what that stuff tastes like before adding my concentrate. gotta be honest, it tastes kind of terrible by itself, i now understand the burnt plastic taste people speak of, and its extremely thin. but i proceeded anyways.

i mixed .5 grams of the bho shatter with 1 ml of puff majic, for a 2:1 puff majic:shatter mix, and put it into the K1. this stuff is very thick, almost thicker than honey (once i brought it outside for ACL it warmed up a little and was more fluid, but i wont be using it in those kinds of conditions often). with a fresh brand new coil it tastes pretty good actually, much better than straight puff majic. there still is a hint of that burnt plastic taste, but honestly its not bad at all when theres concentrate in the mix. it does not wick well though, i get a lot of dry hits with this consistency, and the coils are burnt and clogged up after one tank. but potency wise, it does the trick for me. i dont think id want it much weaker. i think for this tank i want to try some vapeur extract or connoisseur concentrates (price of CC is a big turn off though), so i can keep the potency, but have it wick better. i was using this setup around 7 watts.

for the sub ohm tank, i mixed .5 grams of rosin with 1.5 ml of puff majic, and this was a lot more liquid than the bho mix. rosin is not near as hard as the shatter though. this was working ok, but i didnt filter anything at all, and i think some of the plant matter from the rosin caused all of this liquid to leak out of the tank during ACL. im going to order some filter needles for my syringe so i can try again, and filter it. i wish i could use VG for this setup as that is way better for sub ohm usage for me, a lot smoother, but i havent tried mixing rosin with that, so i dont know how well it will suspend. from what i hear it wont. i was using this setup around 20-30 watts.

sorry for rambling! ive been very excited about this way of medicating, and will be posting here more to get this working for me as best as possible, and to potentially help others. any tips or comments are greatly appreciated!!

florduh

Hopefully competition with terpene based dilutants will drive the price down, though the manufacturing process will always make it more expensive than PEG based blends.

I also really enjoy this method of medicating. Many times I am looking for just one or two hits. It's a bit of a pain to grind weed and pack a small bowl. Much easier to press a button and enjoy.

Additionally, once I take a hit from my Arizer Solo, I start to rationalize finishing off the whole bowl "Sure I can save the rest for tomorrow, but it will lose some potency after being exposed to heat so I might as well vape the rest."

Our e-cig solution eliminates this temptation for me :)

VEGASMMJ

So I just went ahead and ordered the $70 sample pack from Connoiseur Concentrates. I ordered 8 Original samples and 2 Blueberry. I actually didn't see blueberry available so I just requested those 2 in the comments section. Excited to try this stuff out.

Its a shame you can't just buy like one sample bottle. The most economical way to do it is they will sell you 25 grams for $125. I really probably should have just done that since I'm getting 6 grams for $70 in the sample pack. If I like the Original as much as I think I will than I will probably order the larger size in the future as $5/gram/ML isn't that bad in the long run.

VEGASMMJ,
Reactions: florduh

VEGASMMJ

In regards to the disposable carts. I just ordered a 50 pack of the .6ml o.bud/o.pen carts on DHgate. The ones with the more rounded mouthpiece. These are the exact same carts that some of my favorite brands from the dispensary use (Britelabs, Jetty Extracts). The supercritical Co2 oil in the Britelabs is super thick and syrupy, way thicker than a 1:1 puff majic/shatter mix. But I get rich flavorful hits from that britelabs cart even tho it is so crazy thick. Never any burned or dry hits. The fact that my much thinner homemade mix with Puff Majic continues to give me burned tasting hits I'm thinking this has nothing to do with viscosity or the cart itself but rather everything to do with the type of dilutant used.

zor

The fact that my much thinner homemade mix with Puff Majic continues to give me burned tasting hits I'm thinking this has nothing to do with viscosity or the cart itself but rather everything to do with the type of dilutant used.

Yeah, I'm curious about this too....my 1:5 dilution in puffmajic definitely gets burnt flavor :(

zor,
Top Bottom