• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mobius Glass

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Trying to decide on the 60t vs clear bubbler vs ion, and reading posts about the larger 65 pieces being lung busters, I got to wondering about the actual volume (can or tube) in each of these pieces and how those compared. So I ran some calculations (V = ℼr²h). Not exactly precise but pretty close . . .

60t = ~44"
clear bubbler = ~47"
ion bubbler = ~26"
65t = ~62"
65b = ~51"

I was surprised that the "clear bubbler" is so close to the 60t, due to its 75mm can. And that the ion is so much smaller. Anyway, just fwiw . . .

EDIT: "clear bubbler" above is Reti version; the Matrix perc version has a smaller can (65mm vs 75mm) and consequently is ~36" of volume.

Strobe

wow 60T has less volume than the clear bub? Crazy!!!!! Thanks for doing the math:clap:

Strobe,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have used the smaller Ion, the 65t st, and now have the 60t st. I can say the Ion had the easiest draw of the 3, of course the size was much smaller, and it was not stemless style. I found there is a bit of drag with the stemless, but once it gets going, it purrs. Volume is huge on the 65 compared to the others, IMO. I have my eye open for a clear bub matrix now, I really want to see how different the draw is on that one compared to this 60t. TOo bad I just sat and stared at the add for that clear bub for almost 2 weeks, now that it's gone, I want it. :lol:

jambandphan03,

oldiebutgoodie

wow 60T has less volume than the clear bub? Crazy!!!!! Thanks for doing the math:clap:

Oops - found an oversight! Turns out that the Clear Bubbler Reti has a 75mm can while the Clear Bubbler Matrix has a 65mm can! It never occurred to me that they would be different.

So the volume on the Matrix version is ~36" compared to the Reti's ~47". Consequently, the Matrix bubbler is smaller in volume than the 60t while the Reti version is nearly the same.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Ummm, I don't think the matrix and reti clear bubs have a different diameter.

Mine look identical, except that my matrix is maybe 3-5mm shorter than my reti...

I'll have to check this :science:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Hoops

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Hmmm, (we need a man pensively stroking his beard emoticon :lol:) I just checked the alt figures, it could be a wall size issue.

The reti is listed as 75mm, But the matrix is listed as 65x5.

If 65mm is the internal diameter, then the external diameter would be 75mm.

You may want to double check your figures, as the volume of the glass itself will change the results (I.e. the 60t [Assuming an external diameter of 60mm] would actually have an internal diameter of 50mm, so the area of that circle would be 1965mm2, vs 2825mm2 if you assumed 60mm internal diameter)

Frederick McGuire,

oldiebutgoodie

Hmmm, (we need a man pensively stroking his beard emoticon :lol:) I just checked the alt figures, it could be a wall size issue.

The reti is listed as 75mm, But the matrix is listed as 65x5.

If 65mm is the internal diameter, then the external diameter would be 75mm.

You may want to double check your figures, as the volume of the glass itself will change the results (I.e. the 60t [Assuming an external diameter of 60mm] would actually have an internal diameter of 50mm, so the area of that circle would be 1965mm2, vs 2825mm2 if you assumed 60mm internal diameter)

Think you may be right. I confess that I didn't think to subtract for wall. And I guess on the ALT pages we are supposed to understand that "75mm" and "65x5mm" are the same.

Since I opened this can of, er, vapor, I'll recalc the numbers later and re-post. :p

max

Out to lunch
These have been posted before somewhere, but what the hell.

Clear Matrix and Reti Percs

This shows the Ion Matrix and the Clear Reti- mostly individual action shots, but a few seconds into the vid you can get a good view of the size difference between Clear and Ion.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was just looking at those vids the other day. I have to say I have grown quite attached to the 60t, but I am still longing for that bub style.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: xclarryx

Strobe

nice vid, not sure if its been mentioned before but it seems like some of the older matrix bubs have a really fat matrix perc. Like twice as tall as the new one I got. Thats funny jam I feel the same about my piece. I really want to try a 60T so I'm building a mobius fund for it:D The only thing that could derail my plans is if I somehow could get a 65B befor pulling the trigger on it.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Think you may be right. I confess that I didn't think to subtract for wall.
I cant say the thought is originally mine. I recall seeing a post in another glass thread by someone (Possibly Stonemonkey) talking about the potential significance of glass thickness on the internal volume of externally identical pieces, I just did a quick calc with the relevant numbers for this discussion ;)
And I guess on the ALT pages we are supposed to understand that "75mm" and "65x5mm" are the same.
I'd say it's more slightly sloppy data entry policies on ALT's end :2c:
Since I opened this can of, er, vapor, I'll recalc the numbers later and re-post. :p
:science:

These have been posted before somewhere, but what the hell.
My Matrix and Reti Clear/Micro Bubs side by side with my LSV :tup:

EDIT:
Not sure if its been mentioned before but it seems like some of the older matrix bubs have a really fat matrix perc. Like twice as tall as the new one I got.
I saw a vid of what I assume was a 1st gen matrix clear bubbler, and the matrix was about twice as tall as mine is.
Even with the height on mine, I don't get the whole perc firing, so I personally think the stubbier Matrix is way better.
I'm pretty sure the Ion matrix is smaller than the clear matrix too.

I've got no idea about the stereo matrices in the 60t vs 65t/b though.

And then there are the matrices in the tubes.
I've got a Nano Matrix, and it's matrix is smaller than my Clear Bub, possibly the same size as an Ion's matrix :shrug:
I need to get 1 of each of them and study them up close :worms:

EDIT 2:
While I'm re-posting mobius stuff,
Another Vid!

Super Reti Stack!

Reti Pics:

Matrix Pics:
matrixclose1.th.jpg

:D

oldiebutgoodie

OK, let's see if I can get it right this time . . . :science:

Dimensions used drawn from specs & pics at ALT, so this only applies to current models and presumes ALT's data is accurate. Tube/can ID used. Accuracy probably within about ±5%.

65t = ~44in³ (721cm³)
65b = ~37in³ (606cm³)
60t = ~30in³ (492cm³)

clear bubbler = ~36in³ (590cm³)
ion bubbler = ~18in³ (295cm³)

Interesting. That clear bubbler has me drooling.

On a different tack, I've read quite a few comments to the effect that the Reti is better for concentrates and the Matrix better for flowers; true? And looking at all the bubbler vids, seems like the Matrix provides smaller bubbles than the Reti, but can also splash into the mouthpiece; an issue?

oldiebutgoodie,

Strobe

I haven't tried the reti so I can only speak on the clear matrix bub. I use mine for concentrates/flowers and I'm really happy with everything about it and I don't have issues with water getting into the neck. Its pretty easy to control the bubble stack and I can keep an eye on where its at while hitting. Plus a lower water level will insure that the stack won't get to high.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
^^all the things I love about the bub... well, this 60t sure has grown on me. I really like it now too, had to get used to the drag, but it's natural feeling now. Glad you are loving the clear bub strobe.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Jeppy

dormouse

Hi all -

It's been a while since I have posted but for the record, I am still thoroughly enjoying my Cloud (it will be a year old in February!) and my 65B Stereo Matrix. I LOVE that bub!! haven't used the Vertigo Hydra Tube in quite a while!

Still, I'm really curious about something...looking at the pictures above, I have NEVER seen the bub models with the 18mm F joint?? I thought the "T"'s (tubes) all came with the female connection, and the 65mm "B"'s (bubs) all came with the male connection? For me, I had to go to ALT and pick up a 18mmF-18mmF adapter to get the Cloud to fit it. What's the scoop?

Also, as a small sidebar, I don't mind the adapter because it adds a tiny bit of additional stem height, and not that I move the bubbler around when I'm using the Cloud, but any tilting of the bubbler (post-session) can sometimes send a small water "bubble" from the perc back through the stem so you have to be careful. I've never had water splash up to the adapter level, but I've definitely had a few drops come out of the stem when the adapter is not on.

Cheers,

Giant Robot

I got my 65B from ALT back in October, and it has a female joint, just like I wanted it... :)
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/mobius-glass.5091/page-12#post-293825

dormouse,

Strobe

well I found a place to buy a mobius 5-hole flower slide for my bub:clap: Not sure how new this site is but there is a great buy/sell/trade section at nuggetry glass.com. Lots of mobius for sale as well

Strobe,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Correction: My forum handle is the same on Nuggetry.com. However, once I start posting my reviews over there, they will be posted by BigDadVape.

Though I haven't posted yet. They've been around a while.

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom