• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Mobius Glass

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
yet another thing I love about Mobius, cool understated labeling!

Edit: Of course, now a 60t shows up on BM for $400. The other guy is pissed at me so I'm a little hesitant to even inquire about it! Just realized it has that damn male joint...

Tstat,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I'd pick it up if it wasn't for that atrocious logo.

And doesn't the stem/perc look just a bit off center?

Does make one wonder though whether the Matrix perc design is licensed in some form and/or whether we will see it from other manufacturers - or in knock-off's.

oldiebutgoodie,

Strobe

OK, here are pics of the 65B I am purchasing. What do you think?

imagewqj.jpg

image2bn.jpg

image1ykt.jpg
even though I just got one I already have my eye on one of these next! I read a few pages back that this one has the old style divider between the two matrix percs. Does anyone know if they were made since its been updated?

Strobe,
42 Degrees Ann Arbor sells Mobius, along with a ton of other high-end brands (lots of heady). They have an online store with no Mobius listed, but when I called them last April they had Mobius in stock and were willing to ship.

They also have some nice discounts for medical, military, birthday etc.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Alright!! 60t is here! :clap:

It is definitely smaller than the 65t! Mine showed up well packaged in excellent (like new) condition. I have only had a couple of seshs with it so far, but I think I have a winner! It reminds me of the size of the DG mini can I used to have. Can size is much more managable for my lung capacity. Although I will say that 65t must have stretched out my lungs because I've been hitting that thing pretty hard these past few days. I do like the size of this 60t though. It is a little bit top heavy with the cloud buddy and cloud all set up, just have to be a little cautious not to tip it over. The base is the same style that the smaller Ion has. Oh how I wish I could justify keeping both. Somebody needs to fly a blimp over my house and start tossing out money or something...:lol:

I'm firing up the solo next... :brow:

Kvh9z.jpg

0vzyw.jpg

ukTCc.jpg

hN6uN.jpg

Strobe

very nice JAM! just wondering where you scored it? Was it a second hand piece? Also are the 60T and 60mm mobius the same?

Strobe,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Both of them. I remember in one thread, you said one of the problems with buying glass, is your neck and having to lean down. These are straight pieces, which require you to crane your neck. Was just wondering if they bothered your neck. I avoid my tubes, when I get those headaches.

BigDaddyVapor,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
oh, yeah, the neck issues are not as bad with these taller pieces, they have slightly bent necks, and are taller, so I don't have to bend down to reach them. Not as hard, as say, using the Hydracirc, which is a straight tube and cranes my neck some, but it was that 9" Ion that was hurting me to use as my daily driver, sitting on my desk forcing me to lean forward and down to reach it if I wanted to use it hands free which is what I am looking for in a desk set up where I spend most of my day. 65t was so tall I had to either bring it lower to my keyboard shelf to reach the mouthpiece in a seated position, or I had to stand up. 60t is a good height for just barely leaning into it while sitting at my desk, and it can be tilted easily towards me, so far it's working better than the rest did. Very reminiscent of the size of that 12" DG mini I had before.

I am still not 100% sure this is the final one though. I would say my attention is turning not towards the shape/size but how this stemless design drags when you go to hit it. I remember the Ion having almost 0 drag, you pull and the vapor starts to flow down the stem before you barely have any suction going. With this stemless design, you have to move the water first to create the suction, so it requires a bit more force to get started. That actually works fine for the Cloud, it requires a stronger pull to get it going. It's the other vapes I have with more restricted draw, that I am noticing a bit of discomfort from the draw, they require a gentler pull.

I am not convinced that I will be stopping here with the 60t. I am still considering that larger Ion, the 11" size. It maybe my last hope of finding the right balance of size/performance for my desk set up. What I miss from the Ion was the easy pull. I could milk the hell out of it and barely use any effort on the draw (good example is that slow milk video). I just didn't like how low the profile of that mini ion was, making me bend down to use it. I'll stick with this 60t for now, until I find the next sweet deal on a larger Ion. Eyes are still open... :o If/when I do find one, I may end up keeping both just to have a stemless in the collection. :D

Just got an ION at POM in University District in Seattle. They just got a new shipment of mobius pieces about 12 of 3 different types. Look like the 60 with matrix. The other type was like Ion but just a bit smaller.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

Strobe

yeah man it deff seems like the direct connect variants are on the rise. Now lets see a 65b with one:rockon:
I just got the clear matrix bubbler and its dope! Mine measures 6.25" tall at the top of the can and 11.5" at the top of the mouth piece.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
OK, the clear matrix is the one I have been referring to as the larger ion. This one... http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...lassworks-clear-bubbler-with-matrix-perc.html

This is the one I have not tried yet, and I am thinking the hieght and style are a good match,for what I am searching for, I don't know why I am ending up trying it last... but I have a good idea of what my options are now. I had not anticipated the drag from the stemless issue.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
OK, the clear matrix is the one I have been referring to as the larger ion. This one... http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...lassworks-clear-bubbler-with-matrix-perc.html

This is the one I have not tried yet, and I am thinking the hieght and style are a good match,for what I am searching for, I don't know why I am ending up trying it last... but I have a good idea of what my options are now. I had not anticipated the drag from the stemless issue.
that's the one i have. i think you'll like it. no drag. good height. a full lung, but not a lung buster.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
what is funny is that was on Kulture for a couple of weeks, and I kept looking at it and looking at it... then decided to go for the 65t... now I am still thinking about it :lol: This isn't a good way to do this, it's costing me a lot of money to try out these pieces and then sell them at a lower price... well, it's my own fault :D though I am glad I got to try the 65t for sure, and the little ion. Like renting them I guess.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
what is funny is that was on Kulture for a couple of weeks, and I kept looking at it and looking at it... then decided to go for the 65t... now I am still thinking about it :lol: This isn't a good way to do this, it's costing me a lot of money to try out these pieces and then sell them at a lower price... well, it's my own fault :D though I am glad I got to try the 65t for sure, and the little ion. Like renting them I guess.

Had to laugh, jam . . . I was also staring at that very same piece on kulture. That's what took me to this Mobius thread, I was just unsure and hoped to see how other Cloud owners liked it. No sooner than the day that I finally ratcheted up the courage to pull the trigger, and it was gone. I think I'd better look in the mirror before using that "snooze ya lose" cliche again . . . :lol:

Giant Robot

Hi all -

It's been a while since I have posted but for the record, I am still thoroughly enjoying my Cloud (it will be a year old in February!) and my 65B Stereo Matrix. I LOVE that bub!! haven't used the Vertigo Hydra Tube in quite a while!

Still, I'm really curious about something...looking at the pictures above, I have NEVER seen the bub models with the 18mm F joint?? I thought the "T"'s (tubes) all came with the female connection, and the 65mm "B"'s (bubs) all came with the male connection? For me, I had to go to ALT and pick up a 18mmF-18mmF adapter to get the Cloud to fit it. What's the scoop?

Also, as a small sidebar, I don't mind the adapter because it adds a tiny bit of additional stem height, and not that I move the bubbler around when I'm using the Cloud, but any tilting of the bubbler (post-session) can sometimes send a small water "bubble" from the perc back through the stem so you have to be careful. I've never had water splash up to the adapter level, but I've definitely had a few drops come out of the stem when the adapter is not on.

Cheers,

Giant Robot

Giant Robot,

Strobe

Had to laugh, jam . . . I was also staring at that very same piece on kulture. That's what took me to this Mobius thread, I was just unsure and hoped to see how other Cloud owners liked it. No sooner than the day that I finally ratcheted up the courage to pull the trigger, and it was gone. I think I'd better look in the mirror before using that "snooze ya lose" cliche again . . . :lol:
thats crazy! I did the same thing and got the last one kulture had only because someone else already bought the ion with direct inject. I'm glad I got the bigger one now. I :love: mobius

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I can tell you it's going to work great with the Cloud, the smaller Ion worked amazing with the Cloud, and that larger clear bub (are they all not clear?) should work just as well if not better, based on what I have experienced so far. Well, I'm keeping an eye out...

Top Bottom