Mobius Glass

Jeppy

Pure Vaporist

images

Jeppy,
Reactions: Stu

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I have what will probably seem a ridiculous question, but hey, I'm still new to this GAS thing . . .

I've been using my new Clear Bubbler this week. At least in my still limited glass experience, this thing is a beast. The volume of the can is => the 60t. The first hits really milk up thick, and then with the clear, this is giving my old lungs a real workout.

My question is, what do folks do when your load is almost but not quite spent? I can hit the piece until the ELB is totally cached (I use a Cloud), but to do so I am filling the piece with thinner and thinner vapor - so I'm having to pull in a lot more air to finish off the ELB. I actually found it easier to switch to a smaller HydraTube for those last thinner pulls.

What am I missing?

EDIT: An Ion is arriving today. Think I'll give a try at using both pieces together.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
The first hits really milk up thick, and then with the clear, this is giving my old lungs a real workout.

You can try to take smaller puffs by clearing sooner.

Another technique, is to pump the milk slowly, then exhale and breathe a bit with your nose, keeping lips on the piece, so you can clear, using your full renewed pulmonary capacity. That's what I used to do at the first place I got a bigger piece, now I clear sooner most of the times but still do this trick to get a really fast medication.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i think that may be a cloud specific thing. am a newb to the cloud (just got mine a few days ago) and have had the same mobius you do for a few months, but i find w/ the cloud in general that you have to pull harder and faster to get those thick rips. contrary to most vapes where the slower you pull, the thicker the vape. maybe you aren't pulling hard enough in general? i do find those last few hits to be a little wispier and take more lung to pull, but i kinda do a two pull in that situation. start draw until i see vapor, exhale and then long hard sustained draw. i feel you tho, sometimes at the end i switch to my small DG can.

max

Out to lunch
oldiebutgoodie said:
so I'm having to pull in a lot more air to finish off the ELB. I actually found it easier to switch to a smaller HydraTube for those last thinner pulls.
You can block a good % of the incoming air path on the Cloud in order to thicken your hits, with or without switching to an HT.

So you're gonna have a Clear AND an Ion? :clap: Be sure to report which one you prefer. I haven't tried a Clear. I have my 'GBD special' serving as my larger glass option.

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
To me, there are 3 factors:

1) Volume- the bigger the can, the more you will have to work to milk it up. When I first started with my EQ, the best pieces were small bubblers. Once I got the Cloud I could effortlessly milk larger pieces. It even works great with my 65t!

2) Temperature- going to higher temp towards the end will result in better milkiness but wont's taste as nice.

3) Your medicine! So many times I see people complain about results with various vaporizers and I often wonder how good their meds are. The more trichs, the better results. It's also strain dependent a lot of the time.

I mean, you have to look at what is happening inside your ELB. First hits taste amazing and produce huge clouds. Each hit depletes the trichs you are vaping until there is nothing. If you keep going long enough (and again, a lot has to do with the strain/potency) you end up with no sign of vapor. That's when you know you killed that ELB for good!

oldiebutgoodie

Thaanks guys for the suggestions! I'm glad to know that there is some trial-and-error that goes into getting this right. For a while there, I though I'd gone from:myday:to :mental:

I don't think that it's because I'm not pulling hard enough. I can get very thick milk in the first several hits with a 1/4 ELB load. And I find the Bubbler easier to pull than even the HT's.

Bob, I like your 2-pull method to finish off the ELB. I've experimented doing that but don't have it down just yet, still leaving a bit in the ELB that I can pull out with an HT or smaller piece (like the Ion?).

Roger, I'm gonna try doing the clear a bit sooner, too. Maybe what I need is to leave enough so that a final 2-pull can really extract the remainder.

Max, your suggestion is intriguing. I had forgotten about throttling the Cloud, and now with it inverted that is much easier to do (the CloudBuddy is great). That should change the air ratio and might turn those last wispy hits into one thick one. Gotta try this, too.

And, yes, I have both a Clear and an Ion (arriving today). The Clear has a Reti perc, the Ion a Matrix. I was surprised how large the Clear is and that it takes 5 oz of water, my other pieces are typically ~2 oz, but even so it is virtually drag free. I may end up using them as a sesh pair!

EDIT: Tstat, thanks for your post, too - right on about volume and temp. I've raised the temp because it does indeed add thickness. The volume thing is what's new to me; I've realized that in essence I need to exercise my lungs gradually to work up to handling it more comfortably. Although to handle a 65t I think I may need to add a 3rd lung. :lol:

It may put me in the poor house, but ya'know this GAS illness is a helluva lot of fun.

oldiebutgoodie,

Nosferatu

I went to the Santa Barbara Dementia store and all their Mobius were in a separate cabinet, maybe a dozen pieces.wish id got a photo but i was mesmerized by sparkles in that cabinet.:)

I payed i think $330 for the Ion.and the young couple running the show were Friendly as,gave me Med discount and and then filled several pieces for me to try out inc the T.it was an easy decision right there and then.so maybe hit the Santa barbara store with a call,if you have had a bad experience....

nice neck of the woods too.Can t wait to go back!

Old post but I'm in SB too and Just got this Mobius from Dementia.

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...lassworks-clear-bubbler-with-matrix-perc.html

It was $394 out the door with discount.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
OT: You know, I found out Dementia is owned by Sheldon Black. Which makes sense, considering they push it so hard.

BigDaddyVapor,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Mobius Ion Clear With Matrix Perc

$330.00

This item is not currently available. Contact us to find out if this item will be restocked.

Tstat,

Nosferatu

I'm using the VXC with my new Mobius Matrix and it's certainly the most diffused vapor, but there isn't much taste it seems. I hope it's just this batch of herb i have, or that's a big disappointment.

Nosferatu,

Nosferatu

Well that goes for any piece, there isn't much point to that nice matrix perc without water..

Gotta say though after hitting this thing with hot water this morning, it RIPS! Flavor loss is about as equal as any diffused piece, but that is to be expected. This thing makes the smoothest vapor I have ever inhaled, you really can't feel it. Makes me want to rip the whole bowl in one hit haha.

oldiebutgoodie

I'm using the VXC with my new Mobius Matrix . . . This thing makes the smoothest vapor I have ever inhaled, you really can't feel it. Makes me want to rip the whole bowl in one hit haha.

Which Mobius Matrix model do you have?

oldiebutgoodie,

Nosferatu

I ended up getting a Mobius Ion and selling my Mobius Clear to a FC member. The diffusion is equal on each, the only difference is the volume difference, the Clear seems almost twice the size. It is harder to clear and probably not as good for concentrates as a smaller piece. I chose the Ion because it's good for concentrates and vapor which I feel both do better with a shorter vapor path.

Top Bottom