MiniVAP Vaporizer

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
I'm convinced that the Minivap is the best group session portable vaporizer around. Terrific results last night with a fully loaded bowl with the glass core.

Is the P80 the only which could match its group-session powers, or is the Tetra P80's battery in need of too many changes to be the victor?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I've only had one bowl with my P80 so far, I have a lot more exploring to do, but the batt life is going to limit the P80 in group sessions IMO.

MiniVap stands alone in this category, but I really like the P80 and have a lot more to learn. One thing about the P80, is I am BLOWN away by the unrestricted airflow. I'll post up more thoughts in the P80 thread as I get educated on the new device.

The MV's batt life will remain unchallenged.

Last edited:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
The Glass Core Minivap can hold two Storz & Bickel dosing capsules with room to spare in the chamber.

Really loving the vapor quality of this device. Absolute top notch and IMO preferable to the S&b vapes (more convection than conduction, even with the Glass Core MV)

However, I run my unit without the battery and 90 eur is quite steep for a proprietary cell.

Too, I would rather a different mouthpiece. I'm going to order the 14mm WPA and use my J Hook with the device.

Would love to see a Minivap 2!

Tweakz

I've only had one bowl with my P80 so far, I have a lot more exploring to do, but the batt life is going to limit the P80 in group sessions IMO.

MiniVap stands alone in this category, but I really like the P80 and have a lot more to learn. One thing about the P80, is I am BLOWN away by the unrestricted airflow. I'll post up more thoughts in the P80 thread as I get educated on the new device.

The MV's batt life will remain unchallenged.
how would you compare the power of the p80 and minivap? can they hit equally hard?

Tweakz,
Reactions: dimmusp

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
That is difficult to answer.

It all depends on your settings, and you can adjust the p80 settings all the way up until you combust. I run my MV on red 100% of the time and never combust. MV is so reliable and consistent with its temps.

So to more directly answer, p80 has more power but it is not truly comparable as one does not vape at such high temps... it makes the topic moot.

I am using each one differently. The p80 will never replace my MV, and vice versa.
I find myself powering down a chamber in about 2 minutes with the p80, where the MV will let me chill and not rush. Both offer amazing experiences.

Last edited:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Wow so turns out the 18mm WPA and J-Hook from the Vapocane Handset fits very perfectly and snugly on the GC Minivap...

I almost want to get one of the special colors because I think I've found the new BEST vaporizer. I think it has some of the best vapor quality of any device I've tried and monster hits from that 3/4 teaspoon bowl size.

Mighty, Imp, Brick, doesn't come close. Herborizer Ti is about the biggest competitor but I have to try them side by side.

European Minivap owners, would highly recommend the Vapocane Handset as it fits snugly and securely without the cap. Unreal performance, literally more than twice as good as the stock device.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Wow so turns out the 18mm WPA and J-Hook from the Vapocane Handset fits very perfectly and snugly on the GC Minivap...

I almost want to get one of the special colors because I think I've found the new BEST vaporizer. I think it has some of the best vapor quality of any device I've tried and monster hits from that 3/4 teaspoon bowl size.

Mighty, Imp, Brick, doesn't come close. Herborizer Ti is about the biggest competitor but I have to try them side by side.

European Minivap owners, would highly recommend the Vapocane Handset as it fits snugly and securely without the cap. Unreal performance, literally more than twice as good as the stock device.
The FLAVOR is exceptional on the MINIVAP 4-sure!

ataxian,

Dubmonkey

Anyone got any experience or thoughts on why a minivap would not get heated the same as before? I usually use red setting and love the experience. Last night pulled out the minivap and set it to red and let heat soak, tried a bowl and got barely any vapor. Checked the connections and switched to wall plug unit and still same experience of not as hot enough to make vapor. Any ideas or anyone experience this before? Guessing I am going to have replace the power block which seems to be working fine, or send the unit in for service. Hoping not. Thank you in advance for any info or assistance

Dubmonkey,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Anyone got any experience or thoughts on why a minivap would not get heated the same as before? I usually use red setting and love the experience. Last night pulled out the minivap and set it to red and let heat soak, tried a bowl and got barely any vapor. Checked the connections and switched to wall plug unit and still same experience of not as hot enough to make vapor. Any ideas or anyone experience this before? Guessing I am going to have replace the power block which seems to be working fine, or send the unit in for service. Hoping not. Thank you in advance for any info or assistance
We are either MEDICAL or RECREATIONAL?
I was RECREATIONAL when I started however MEDICAL these DAZE?
The MINIVAP is a at home VAP for my use!
I use one light less than RED?
Seeem’s to work fine?

ataxian,

Pablopicasso

Many time is the power switch....have problems with mine lately but tried battery at it was working again in wonder.:peace:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
So I was able to test the MiniVAP yesterday and I am quite impressed that such a vintage device would work so well. The flavor is just outstanding and I enjoy the form factor and handling of it quite a bit (it's *much* lighter than I anticipated).

The only thing I did not like very much is the mouthpiece – it's a bit flimsy and wobbly, doesn't really match with the overall quality of the MiniVAP. I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker at all, though.

However, what makes this device shine is the Vapocane J-Hook / WPA combo as suggested by @deadlytoaster – *easily* the best session vape I have tried so far. Guys, seriously: this is a *major* upgrade from the default setup. Much denser clouds, great for short draws, flavor stays amazing. While it works great as a session vape, we were still able to put it aside for a while without the herb being cooked, every draw felt fresh even 30 minutes after starting the session. I can't think of a better combo for group sessions, this knocks the Mighty out of the ring in round one.

LabPong

So I was able to test the MiniVAP yesterday and I am quite impressed that such a vintage device would work so well. The flavor is just outstanding and I enjoy the form factor and handling of it quite a bit (it's *much* lighter than I anticipated).

The only thing I did not like very much is the mouthpiece – it's a bit flimsy and wobbly, doesn't really match with the overall quality of the MiniVAP. I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker at all, though.

However, what makes this device shine is the Vapocane J-Hook / WPA combo as suggested by @deadlytoaster – *easily* the best session vape I have tried so far. Guys, seriously: this is a *major* upgrade from the default setup. Much denser clouds, great for short draws, flavor stays amazing. While it works great as a session vape, we were still able to put it aside for a while without the herb being cooked, every draw felt fresh even 30 minutes after starting the session. I can't think of a better combo for group sessions, this knocks the Mighty out of the ring in round one.

I have been interested in the vape for awhile...but never pulled the trigger......but your words are giving me VAS again....and I just got rid of my vas problem recently....lol

Last edited:

kimura

definitely reach out to Jorge @ Minivap and/or @stickstones and send your unit in for service. I've been a MV user since 2012 and have had a couple units fail and what you describe is how it happened for me. good news is that they are very good about honoring their warranty and you might just get an upgrade.

yes I've had more than one fail, and I still love the MV. that's how good I think it is. I don't want to be without it

In case you surrender to it, definitely go for the J-hook / wpa from Vapocane as well. The MiniVAP by itself really cool, but matching it with the glass makes it rise to a whole different level.

totally agree. no lid and a j-hook is the only way I use the MV. no need for water IMO

buckhakeesah

I can't wait for the next sale to get a glass core. Did Jorge have that super sale in 2019 like he did in previous years?

I'm hoping to see if a new product is on the horizon and if it will be the same form factor or a completely new design. I want a glass core but will wait if a new MV emerges.

buckhakeesah

Confirmed, the J-Hook WPA has literally doubled the performance and function of the Minivap. Complete gamechanger, it should come with this functionality by default. Absurdly good vapor quality!
I don't understand how it is doubling performance and function but just adding a jhook and a wpa? Compared to its normal setup, do you know why it makes such a difference for you? I have one of the derlin adapters and that's how I use it in my glass pieces. Do you think going the wpa and jhook route is still an improvement from that? I was looking into getting this vapocane just to try it but I'm stateside, so it's been tough to find one around here.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Ease of use is improved, the glass feels *much* better to inhale from, the airflow is much improved, cloud density is higher, and flavor is nice and glass clean!

I think I easily generate clouds of twice the size from the same amount of effort.

MinnBobber

I don't understand how it is doubling performance and function but just adding a jhook and a wpa? Compared to its normal setup, do you know why it makes such a difference for you? I have one of the derlin adapters and that's how I use it in my glass pieces. Do you think going the wpa and jhook route is still an improvement from that? I was looking into getting this vapocane just to try it but I'm stateside, so it's been tough to find one around here.

buckhakeesah, the j-hook and wpa method is a great no-water method, same concept as my more-user friendly/ more ergonomic @delta3D studios cover with an @Oregonglassblower long glass stem. Maximum flavor. The OGB stem goes straight up vs the J-hook off to the side route.

That can be for lower temps and one can switch to a hydratube in 2 seconds for moisturizing the dry vapor .
The one two punch??

14262825143531825320366.jpeg

il_570xN.706313721_sp891__31905.1421469851.1280.1280.jpg

Edit: not sure if I ever used the stock mouthpiece as other options are better

tepictoton

I am still using a solo glass wpa and cloud glass tube. This way, the solo wpa bowl can be used as the bowl for the minivap. No basket needed this way, and this reduces the bowl size a bit. I find the minivap bowl without basket huge.

I also feel like the glass wpa at the end of the session might help with extracting, in a way adding just the slightest bit of conduction at the end of a bowl.

And for me, the minivap still rules over every other vape I tried.

Hopefully more people will discover this machine, the price is already loads better then before. During their sale from time to time one can get one for about the same price as many other vapes. I think this little beast will surprise a lot of people, a true hidden gem.... Still the most underrated vaporizer on fc and in the Wide Wide World out there....

tepictoton

Verdamper, volcano, might y, arizer solo and air, evo cloud, silver surfer and so on...

Working in a head shop in Holland for many years had it's positive side effect, like getting to try every vaporizer :lol:

The only one I kept, and keep going back to, is the minivap

Top Bottom