MiniVAP Vaporizer

Pablopicasso

I am getting ready to buy a MV in the near future. Wanted to know what accessories should I buy with it. What tube is the way to go. Also, what mouthpiece mods works best with it. I will not be using a bubbler. Thanks for your help.

Any adapter for use it with bongs,in MiniVap website there is a 14 mm adapter for sale and if you check this thread you will see derlin adapters but it is not for sale anymore personally I been lucky enough to find one in classified.
I believe there are silicone adapters as well just not remember now the name of .
Honestly the Minivap is very versatile personally I use it with different bongs for quick strong extraction and some time with whip for long sessions

owsley

Going to order a Minivap soon. I will mostly use it with flower. Which core should I order it with, Glass Core, Peek Core or the Teflon Core. It would be nice to see a survey started to get users opinions. Thanks

owsley,
Reactions: ataxian

Pablopicasso

Going to order a Minivap soon. I will mostly use it with flower. Which core should I order it with, Glass Core, Peek Core or the Teflon Core. It would be nice to see a survey started to get users opinions. Thanks

Teflon and peek are more or less the same.
I have asked same question to Jorge wich is the owner and he said that peek is the evolution of the teflon with less mass so less havy but they still offer the 2(peaple love the Teflon)
Personally I have Teflon and glass .
There are difference between and what is best for depends of what you seeking or in need.
But short answer is Teflon: flavor convection less aggressive extraction that glass long lasting sessions.
Glass: less flavor hardcore hitter convection-conduction can extract everything short session.

P.S
Like a said before Jorge told me to wait and not buy the peek because identical in performance to Teflon and anyway to wait because good thing are coming.
this make mi hope for a Minivap 2 in 2020:love:

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have asked same question to Jorge wich is the owner and he said that peek is the evolution of the teflon with less mass so less havy but they still offer the 2(peaple love the Teflon)
There are difference between and what is best for depends of what you seeking or in need.
But short answer is Teflon: flavor convection less aggressive extraction that glass long lasting sessions.
Glass: less flavor hardcore hitter convection-conduction can extract everything short session.

P.S
Like a said before Jorge told me to wait and not buy the peek because identical in performance to Teflon and anyway to wait because good thing are coming.
I have glass and like it?
I use a plug-in more?
Backyard the MINIVAP is very decent.

owsley

P.S
So do you think there will be a MiniVap 2 coming out. I know this coming spring they will be coming out with new colors for the limited edition models. I wonder what the differences would be between the MiniVap and the MiniVap 2. I was going to wait for the new limited edition models to come out but maybe I would be best off waiting to see if they do come out with a Minivap 2.

Pablopicasso

So do you think there will be a MiniVap 2 coming out. I know this coming spring they will be coming out with new colors for the limited edition models. I wonder what the differences would be between the MiniVap and the MiniVap 2. I was going to wait for the new limited edition models to come out but maybe I would be best off waiting to see if they do come out with a Minivap 2.

Don't really know what and when but that's what I felt exchanging emails Whit Jorge.
Maybe a digital temperature display and faster maybe shorter size.
But one thing I Know you can write to C.S and in no much time the owner is taking care of you with time and care....so you can hask him directly
It is a small company with no investors so they do things differently and I think everyone can state that theyr development is made out of customers feedback IMO

What role does the Teflon play in the Teflon core? Is there a diagram somewhere of the MV?

I'm concerned when I hear about Teflon in a vape because it's well established that PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene, the chemical in Teflon) can be harmful and starts to pyrolize and release volatile compounds at 200 °C.

Pablopicasso

What role does the Teflon play in the Teflon core? Is there a diagram somewhere of the MV?

I'm concerned when I hear about Teflon in a vape because it's well established that PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene, the chemical in Teflon) can be harmful and starts to pyrolize and release volatile compounds at 200 °C.
Short answer is in the chamber.
What I can suggest is to read more ol less last 100 pages(very good learning-worth it) because I remember that it's already being discussed but short answer is that it is safe in MiniVap design and they have indipendent laboratories that certificate that the vapor coming out is free of bad chemical and is a vape that have being build to meet European medical standards.
But don't have chemical background or knowledge enough to speak or explain in MiniVap behalf but I'm sure that if you write to C.S they are very happy to explain or clear any doubts.

Edit:
Can make pics in order to help you understand but have difficulties to upload in here.

Last edited:

Pablopicasso

How does the minivap vapor compare to the vapexhale cloud evo
We need to be carefull because is against the forum compare vapes in the specific thread but better in ASK fc.......I will be glad to compare for you(personal opinion).
What I can tell you here is that they are different and talk about the M.V: minivap is hybrid (can be portable and destkop) ,can be convection or convection-conduction (hybrid) depending wich core you use but personally I prefer Evo overall just love it but it is very close vapor quality anyway because you are talking of best of the best

MonkeyTime

If it's a concern of yours, why not look into one of the newer quick cores, Peak or Glass?

Thanks for the info guys!

@MonkeyTime You seem to have tried or owned a lot of the vapes I've previously considered. I'm especially interested in what you think about the MiniVap versus the Lamart (TuboX or newer ones), Tinymight, and Healthy Rips (Fierce or newer) vapes.

Since comparisons are not welcome in product threads, I created a new one on Ask FC in case you can come by and share your wisdom :)

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/b...ap-vs-tetra-p80-vs-tinymight-vs-others.47029/

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks for the info guys!

@MonkeyTime You seem to have tried or owned a lot of the vapes I've previously considered. I'm especially interested in what you think about the MiniVap versus the Lamart (TuboX or newer ones), Tinymight, and Healthy Rips (Fierce or newer) vapes.

Since comparisons are not welcome in product threads, I created a new one on Ask FC in case you can come by and share your wisdom :)

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/b...ap-vs-tetra-p80-vs-tinymight-vs-others.47029/
Whatever float’s your pool toy?
Flavor portable somewhat?
Stealthy smaller!
You may need various type’s of unit’s?

The MINIVAP is like a decanter for me!
I have many vaporir’s for various reason’s?

Do what’s best for you?

Puff_Puff_VAS

Hey All!

Looking for a medically tested device after this whole volcano hybrid aluminum dust fiasco. The company I thought I could trust just ain't so trustworthy at the moment. Hearing about the third party testing, and the fact that this vaporizer is being used in medical trials in Australia, is really reassuring. I had a couple of questions that I would appreciate if anyone would answer.

I am a lover of large rips, period. I would get the VapeXHale EVO (again) but it has no third party testing. And I don't just take anyone's word that it's safe. Since I'm a MMJ patient this is what really matters to me. From what I've read in the forum, the glass core would be my best bet. Will I be sacrificing flavor if I don't opt for the peek core? Which do you prefer?

I'm also an avid fan of water filtration in conjunction with vaping. From what I've seen, the smaller of the silicon attachments can form a seal to a joint. I was wondering if it was 14, 18, or universal. How does the minivap fare with water filtration? Would a vapexhale hydrotube fit on top of the Minivap with this silicon piece?

Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions! After years, YEARS, of VAS and disappointment I think this might be it. I thought the volcano hybrid was the one. Then it poses a possible health problem due to component integrity issues.

Cheers,

Zach

Dubmonkey

I think others can weigh in on the Peek versus glass cores. I have a glass core one and love it.

The silicone long tube can connect a 14mm glass adaptor which allows you to use a water piece. I use a roor bubbler and fill the chamber slowly and then do a rip. The silicone cone adaptor I shipped off the little nipple so I can poke the 14mm glass adaptor into the hole in the cover and then on the other side of the cover attach the silicone cone cover which holds the baskets. This makes it like a log of used with the wall plug set up.

For the same reasons you listed is why I got a minivap. The Oz medical device testing was the deal sealer for me.

Other bonus is I use less material when using baskets and get more extraction it seems.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another when I get some funds together.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey All!

Looking for a medically tested device after this whole volcano hybrid aluminum dust fiasco. The company I thought I could trust just ain't so trustworthy at the moment. Hearing about the third party testing, and the fact that this vaporizer is being used in medical trials in Australia, is really reassuring. I had a couple of questions that I would appreciate if anyone would answer.

I am a lover of large rips, period. I would get the VapeXHale EVO (again) but it has no third party testing. And I don't just take anyone's word that it's safe. Since I'm a MMJ patient this is what really matters to me. From what I've read in the forum, the glass core would be my best bet. Will I be sacrificing flavor if I don't opt for the peek core? Which do you prefer?

I'm also an avid fan of water filtration in conjunction with vaping. From what I've seen, the smaller of the silicon attachments can form a seal to a joint. I was wondering if it was 14, 18, or universal. How does the minivap fare with water filtration? Would a vapexhale hydrotube fit on top of the Minivap with this silicon piece?

Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions! After years, YEARS, of VAS and disappointment I think this might be it. I thought the volcano hybrid was the one. Then it poses a possible health problem due to component integrity issues.

Cheers,

Zach
I love the MINIVAP dry even!
Water path is really decent as well.
Most vapes need water to make it smooth.

I love CANNABIS for HEALTHY life!

MonkeyTime

Hey All!

Cheers,

Zach

I own both GQC & PQC, I really like the peak, but I love my glass core!

I use it most often with a 18mm SONG adapter from @Ratchett and a swiss tree HT I can get some huge, smooth hits!

Puff_Puff_VAS

I think others can weigh in on the Peek versus glass cores. I have a glass core one and love it.

The silicone long tube can connect a 14mm glass adaptor which allows you to use a water piece. I use a roor bubbler and fill the chamber slowly and then do a rip. The silicone cone adaptor I shipped off the little nipple so I can poke the 14mm glass adaptor into the hole in the cover and then on the other side of the cover attach the silicone cone cover which holds the baskets. This makes it like a log of used with the wall plug set up.

For the same reasons you listed is why I got a minivap. The Oz medical device testing was the deal sealer for me.

Other bonus is I use less material when using baskets and get more extraction it seems.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another when I get some funds together.

Thanks for the input, I'm thinking glass core based on what you and others have said. I imagine the flavor is still amazing regardless, but I'm trying to tow the line between dense potent vapor and tasty vapor.

That's a neat idea, but I'm thinking of getting the delta studios adapter. It adds a 14mm or 18mm joint directly onto the vape. Mainly because I'm f'ing lazy.

Safety is #1 in this game and my priority moving forward. Any amount of conservation is better than the volcano haha.

I own both GQC & PQC, I really like the peak, but I love my glass core!

I use it most often with a 18mm SONG adapter from @Ratchett and a swiss tree HT I can get some huge, smooth hits!

Well then, I guess glass it is. Seems to be the overwhelming opinion on this forum. I plan on getting the SONG too. By HT do you mean a hydrotube? Because that's actually a great idea!

Last edited by a moderator:

MinnBobber

That's a neat idea, but I'm thinking of getting the delta studios adapter. It adds a 14mm or 18mm joint directly onto the vape. Mainly because I'm f'ing lazy.
...........................................................................................................................................
The Delta 3d Studios @Ratchett miniVAP adapter is awesome!!
- A hydratube of either size sits firmly on it,
-- @Oregonglassblower Oregon Glass makes a sweet long glass stem/flared
mouthpiece that works great with the Delta silicone adapter.

You said more interested in biggest hits but FYI, the ultimate flavor setup is the adapter
into that glass mouthpiece....a little cooling and tasting every nuance of the flower.

I use the silicone adapter all the time. Bonus: it makes screwing on and off the mV a lot easier/quicker.

Ah---are you ok with glass core, tip-over jeopardy?
It can survive some falls but as long as you are careful and no pet wagging tails...

I have had miniVAPs for years and a whole bunch of other vapes that sit in drawers,
hardly ever been used. My miniVAPs spoiled me I think.

Medium long warmup but turn it on first and then prep your baskets, get a beverage, etc

MinnBobber,

Pablopicasso

If you love large risp and like water filtration that you have to go with the glass core IMO.
You sacrifice the taste a little harsher with the glass but better extraction and more medicated body feeling

Hey All!

Cheers,

Zach

Pablopicasso,
Reactions: Tweakz

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Well then, I guess glass it is. Seems to be the overwhelming opinion on this forum. I plan on getting the SONG too. By HT do you mean a hydrotube? Because that's actually a great idea!
Water path is complete luxury!

For many decades only paper joint’s?
Then dry vaping was so different!
When I had a water path flavor blew me away! (WIZARD of OZ: referral effect)
MINIVAP is a flavor chaser! (Mary POPPINS on my mine?)

ataxian,

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Anyone in Eu know a good WPA option for a glass core Minivap? Something that could securely hold a 14mm or 18mm hydrotube? I know Delta3DStudios makes one but shipping is not really ideal to Eu

MinnBobber

Anyone in Eu know a good WPA option for a glass core Minivap? Something that could securely hold a 14mm or 18mm hydrotube? I know Delta3DStudios makes one but shipping is not really ideal to Eu
.................................................................................................................................

The Delta3DStudios is the #1 option but if EU shipping is pricey....

You can operate thru water without any adapter. The stock Flexicone module (wire basket, rimmed screen, Flexicone upper)
can fit in a "dab rig" bowl with the wire basket exposed/ upside down. The miniVAP body without the cap can be inverted
onto the basket and voila, miniVAP with water bubbler.

I have pics but held hostage on Photobucket site. I'll search for some ....
Like this pic but directly into dab rig bowl.
images

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Is the Minivap Glass adapter in 14mm stable and good for a hydratube without falling off while moving and passing it off? They're only €12 on the official minivap site. Thanks!

deadlytoaster,
Top Bottom