MiniVAP Vaporizer

MinnBobber

Just received my minivap, what tips or tricks do I need to know to get the best out of this beaut.
Thanks in advance
Smokey
Do you like direct draws or thru a traditional bubbler or a hydratube? So many ways to use the mV.
Heart of the mV IMO is the "Flexicone basket module" pictured below. Wire basket with herb, round screen gets snapped into Flexicone (the white Silicone cap) to keep herb from being sucked out, then Flexicon snaps onto basket .
miniV1.jpg

Most direct draw is with shorty plastic mouthpiece pictures.
Can attach whip for more cooling.

Aftermarket adapter help with many other options.
@Ratchett makes a mV Song --Silicone adapter that snaps onto cover. Allows you to connect to hydratube or invert onto bubbler.

Pic below is actually Ratchett Song with Oregon Glass Blower long glass mouthpiece----an awesome combo
  1. delta3dstudios.com
The male Song fits hydratube or bubbler or a whip snaps in also...
mV%20Oregon%20mpiece.jpg

Just a starter for you as there about 101 ways to use it.
I usually start at temp one/ blue and go up the temp scale 1-4.
mV is incredibly tastey AND incredibly efficient so start small ;) unless you're
a heavy hitter....

MinnBobber,

smokey_da_vape

Lmao, I can't believe it. I used the minivap once and put it away, when I came back to it an hour later and it was very hot to the touch, even tho it was turned off. Now it won't heat up and just blinks. This is the 4th vaporizer in a row that I've gotten that has stopped working on me. I hope hermes can help with this because it is not cheap.

smokey_da_vape,

subway13029

Check and see if one of your buttons might be stuck. That happenend to me. The buttons on side tend to stick and then it will blink thru temps and not turn off..kind of sits idle almost.

smokey_da_vape

@stickstones
I live in Canada and need to send my unit in, will I be dealing directly with hermes in Spain or through you? I ask because I see you are a retailer for the minivap and you're in the states.

smokey_da_vape,
Reactions: killick

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
Lmao, I can't believe it. I used the minivap once and put it away, when I came back to it an hour later and it was very hot to the touch, even tho it was turned off. Now it won't heat up and just blinks. This is the 4th vaporizer in a row that I've gotten that has stopped working on me. I hope hermes can help with this because it is not cheap.

When I had a problem Hermes said to try heating on the green setting. Maybe give that a go and see what happens.

Alan Partridge,

killick

But I like it!
@lazylathe I've been dealing with Sticks from the BC interior. It helps if you are near the border tho. I'm sure @stickstones will jump in and clarify as soon as he makes it back to civilization :)

Last edited:
killick,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Who fixes it is up to Hermes and is related to shipping charges. I don't sell outside the US because that means my stock gets imported here, then exported again, raising costs. When I first tried to sell in Canada we found out shipping wasn't any cheaper than just going from Spain.

It may be that Hermes does it on a case by case basis depending on warranty status based on whether or not shipping is covered. Regardless, I don't do any repairs without Hermes authorization and they are now assigning numbers to cases to keep track.

MinnBobber

Have you tried to remove and then reattach the battery to reset the MV?
X2
Often those mV light quirks get fixed when you remove/reattach the battery.
Do the - and + buttons look like the proper size or is one molded a little big,
causing it to stick?

Those buttons are removable---I got one mV that was missing a button and replacement
just snapped in place.

Try resetting it before the hassle of shipping it off for repairs , to sticks or Spain

MinnBobber

Regardless, I don't do any repairs without Hermes authorization and they are now assigning numbers to cases to keep track.

And Hermes seems to be getting better on communication as I even got an email from Hermes that "Hermes had received my miniVAP" when it actually went to Sticks.....

Too bad/ don't understand why there are some Euro customers who don't seem to be getting proper service/warranty from Spain Hermes :(

Great that US now has Sticks for sales and warranty work!

Vap974

Hi happy owners of MV´s!
Just finished a session with tcmv...:ko:
I forget to put a screen in the flexicone+....:doh:
I had of course somes particules in my mouth....:cuss:but! Wow! :science:The vapor seemed better and the taste too!:myday:
But i'm stoned so you have to try yours without screen !!:-):hmm:
And just want to ask, for thoses who have a mv for a long time, do you ever see the blue light when it´s fully charged, i saw it before but now no.bye.:leaf:

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
@Vap974 , yeah, on a extremely full charge you'll see the blue light. I'll often leave battery on charge dock long after it turns green, then I'll see the blue light in back. But most times if I pull it off right after turning green, no blue light, it's green. Hope that helps you. Oh and I've had mine 1 1/4 yrs. :rockon:

killick

But I like it!
So I got some of the new screens with the edge around then. They sit in the flexicone great, but if I let the load chill down in there the flat screen is stuck to the basket. It's kind funny, and had led to some funny juggling moments....

MinnBobber

So I got some of the new screens with the edge around then. They sit in the flexicone great, but if I let the load chill down in there the flat screen is stuck to the basket. It's kind funny, and had led to some funny juggling moments....
..........................................................................................
Interesting. I've been using the "rimmed screens" for months but that's never happened for me.
Probably 2 reasons:
1. I'm guessing your usual load produces a LOT more vapor and OIL, that when cooled sort of glues the screen to the basket. My usual load, if I packed it down, would fill about 1/10 of the basket or less.
Do you fill the basket?
2. I just happen to always empty when warm/hot so any oil is still somewhat liquid. I might do half the goodies at noon and then the remaining at night but when it's been hit hard on red temp/fully extracted I then empty the still warm ABV into my ABV jar.

Very interesting that this happens. It's no big deal but do you have Grinder Grease that's used on grinder mating surfaces and on glass joints to prevent sticking? It's made from hemp. You could smear a tiny smidge onto the screen lip IF it's worth the effort.

I like the rimmed screens as there are no bare wires at the edges to fray or poke your fingers/ for me they are much easier to load/remove, as long as they are not glued to the basket LOL

MinnBobber,
Reactions: killick

killick

But I like it!
Thanks guys. @MinnBobber is right - my basket is full, and refilled frequently through the day. Usually 6 to 8 loads a day if it's the only vape handy... I'm not complaining about the edge, it'll last forever. I'm going to find some grinder grease tho! I was wondering if there was something to help when they get stuck, and just cleaning isn't enough... Gracias

killick,

Smknbud

Yeah, mine will do that also. I notice when I soak clean the screen and basket in iso they stop sticking together for a good while. But, then again, I only do two maybe three loads a day.

On a side note, just got my glass core today from @stickstones. Got to wait till it thaws out and reaches room temp before giving it a whirl. Thanks Sticks!

lazylathe

Almost there...
Decided to fire up the MV today!
Still rocking my Teflon core, decided not to do the glass core.

Heats up to Green in 4 minutes flat!
Loaded up 0,1G of Purple Kush and attached to my WT with the @Ratchett adapter!
Been using the heck out of my new WT!!
The FC-711:
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/advance-booking-2015-new-high-quality-glass/218125920.html

Super low diffusion and zero drag, pairs well to all my vapes!

Massively tasty clouds of vapor!!
The MiniVap never fails to impress with flavor, taste and clouds!

MinnBobber

Been using the heck out of my new WT!!
The FC-711:
http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/advance-booking-2015-new-high-quality-glass/218125920.html

Super low diffusion and zero drag, pairs well to all my vapes!
........................................................................................
That piece looks sweet. I'm a flavor chaser, just want minimal diffusion and add some moisture for max flavor.
How tall is it to top of can, to top of mouthpiece? I like smaller/shorter pieces !!!
I have been excluding bubblers like this that have the intake joint off to the side. I like the intake to be at the top of the can.
This one interests me a lot though. That additional support link looks a little whimpy in the picture. Do you find the stem is well supported---like to hold a heavy mV with battery?

X2 Teflon core rocks--- 0.02 gm of Blue Dream and my hurtin' shoulders are now dreamy, and so is my head............

Thanks

MinnBobber,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
........................................................................................
That piece looks sweet. I'm a flavor chaser, just want minimal diffusion and add some moisture for max flavor.
How tall is it to top of can, to top of mouthpiece? I like smaller/shorter pieces !!!
I have been excluding bubblers like this that have the intake joint off to the side. I like the intake to be at the top of the can.
This one interests me a lot though. That additional support link looks a little whimpy in the picture. Do you find the stem is well supported---like to hold a heavy mV with battery?

X2 Teflon core rocks--- 0.02 gm of Blue Dream and my hurtin' shoulders are now dreamy, and so is my head............

Thanks

Top of can - 7 1/2
Top of mouthpiece - 10
Diameter of can - 1 3/4

Nice small size!

It will topple over with the MV left on top, i hold it with my other hand on the base.

lazylathe,
Reactions: Tweakz
Top Bottom