MiniVAP Vaporizer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I just jumped on board ataxian, mine should be here tomorrow.

What are yalls favorite glass pairings with the MV?
I think I am going to want something a bit larger with a wider base than my SB Travel Bubbler, but still like minimal diffusion and a smallish can, but with a larger base to handle the weight of the vape. I tend to prefer bubblers with removable down stems and removable mouthpieces (for cleaning and ease of transportation).
where are you at?

ataxian,

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
I'm stopping by to Update All. It's been 1 year and 2 months almost since I've had my Goldie T/C MiniVap. It's still producing Vapor like a champ!! And I use it several times a day without any problems, mostly portable on the go & at work to medicate. Occasionally at home I'll plug in the Adapter & use the Hermes 14mm Glass adapter & hook to MFLB Orbiter for a change of pace from Volcano. Volcano mostly at home though:mmmm: Peace keep MiniVaping:cheers:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Black Friday code for the minivap site it: MVWEEKENDSALE2015

This will get you 20% off anything. For those of you in the US, you can email or pm me directly and order it through me for the same discount.

Kommyknocker

Looks like the time to finally bite the bullet and grab up a singular glass core. Have all the other bits with my Higher seated heater Teflon core. Works out a cool £150-£160.. Not to shabby!

cleanvape81

Allright, my miniVAP just came in after 3 months and this is probably the most dissapointing day of my life to date.
They forgot to package just about everything. I just got a charging base, a battery, the heating piece and the power adapter. Because I waited an eternity, the web store I bought it at also included an accessory kit, but the whole thing is useless without the top piece. But that's not even the worst part by far. When I suck air through it (basically putting my lips around it like a bong, because I don't have the top piece) while the thing is OFF I still taste this terrible plastic taste that makes me nauseous. Next to that, when I suck air through those silicon tubes they give with it, it gives a different, but equally disgusting plastic taste to the air as well... When I turn it on and only just smell the top it stinks like someone threw a plastic bottle into a bonfire. Not exactly my idea of a vapor purity guarantee.
I'm at utter disillusion here, this is one of the best vapes there is and I payed €470 for this thing and they send me this? Wow... Even the firmware is iffy, sometimes when I press a button it changes the temperature immediately and sometimes I need to hold it for 2 seconds until it changes. I understand this goes against everything this whole community has been saying for ages but I feel like this is some sort of cheap thing into which the manufacturers didn't put any attention or care whatsoever.
The charging base feels flimsy as hell as well, how can they even charge 60 bucks for that thing when you purchase it on its own?

Seriously, I'm confused and I don't know what to say.. And I'm nauseous.. I'm not trolling in any way here. I don't even know why I am posting all of this, but I guess I don't believe what I just experienced or I'm trying to vent my disappointment or whatever.

EDIT: It actually smells just like the Arizer Solo I once tried to take one draw from with an empty bowl, but a little less intense. It's just this synthetic taste which makes all your primal instincts immediately say: "warning, this stuff it toxic". So yeah, the Solo was stinky too, but at least the package was complete.

Serial is 06D436 btw

Hi ive had alot of issues with the minivap which has dragged out for over a year now. When I first bought it from a website in england the ac power cable didnt work. Then to be honest the minivap was working okay for some months. But then it developed a fault and I went through the warranty route with the third party site I bought it from which not saying who the site was but they seemed to be minivaps main english advertiser and stockist.
Ive just got my minivap back from hermes for the third or forth time with repair and the smell and taste is so nasty it overpowers what I put into it. They had it for 3 months at one point and seemed no different when I got it back. I have sent over 60 e-mails to the third party site and about the same to hermes and still no pure tasting unit like the mighty which I have and I love.
I also have a sore throut and bad chest from one session on my repaired minivap. Plus the site I bought it from dont sell the minivap any more so that tells you that people have given up on minivap.

cleanvape81,

Smknbud

Hi ive had alot of issues with the minivap which has dragged out for over a year now.

There was a period last year where Hermes sourced bad heater cores. That's been resolved since the start of this year. And a glass core option was added along with the teflon core.

Ive just got my minivap back from hermes for the third or forth time with repair and the smell and taste is so nasty it overpowers what I put into it. They had it for 3 months at one point and seemed no different when I got it back. I have sent over 60 e-mails to the third party site and about the same to hermes and still no pure tasting unit like the mighty which I have and I love.

I have a Crafty. I do love it for on the go. Taste wise to the MV? No contest. MV hands down. You are the first person, besides the poster you quoted (who is also no longer a registered/active member), that I can remember that talked about any type of foul smell or taste to the unit.

I also have a sore throut and bad chest from one session on my repaired minivap. Plus the site I bought it from dont sell the minivap any more so that tells you that people have given up on minivap.

Sore throat? Bad chest? It's the MV fault? Pretty sure that's far fetched to be honest. Biggest reason most people have always looked to an alternative, and I'm guessing here, to the MV has always been the high price point. If Hermes were to knock the price down to the Mighty price point, a safe bet would be to say sales would go way up. And to be honest, the motivating and tipping point factor for me to buy was a US site that had a site wide 30% off deal going on.

Interesting first post.

Looks like the time to finally bite the bullet and grab up a singular glass core. Have all the other bits with my Higher seated heater Teflon core. Works out a cool £150-£160.. Not to shabby!

Exactly what I did from @stickstones over on this side of the pond.

Last edited:

Smknbud

Pretty damned psyched about getting a glass core. Now though, trying to decide if I'd be as well stumping up the extra cash and getting an AC kit, portable or just go the whole hog and get a second full kit.
Stupid BF sales :)
I gave getting another battery serious consideration, but mine seems to still be close to when I got it originally for holding a charge, at least I think so. I was one of the lucky few that VN included a charging puck with my kit by mistake. I've never used it, not once. I know, unbelievable :shrug:
Now's the time to decide friend.....treat yourself. :leaf:

MinnBobber

Pretty damned psyched about getting a glass core. Now though, trying to decide if I'd be as well stumping up the extra cash and getting an AC kit, portable or just go the whole hog and get a second full kit.
Stupid BF sales :)
What do you use the most now, battery or AC?
When I first got mine I used the battery 100%. Then I made a vape station so now use the AC about 90%.
It is so much lighter and inverts so easy. Plus, I take one hit and then come back 15 minutes later so with AC there's no need to worry about battery depleting.

cleanvape81

There was a period last year where Hermes sourced bad heater cores. That's been resolved since the start of this year. And a glass core option was added along with the teflon core.

I have a Crafty. I do love it for on the go. Taste wise to the MV? No contest. MV hands down. You are the first person, besides the poster you quoted (who is also no longer a registered/active member), that I can remember that talked about any type of foul smell or taste to the unit.

Sore throat? Bad chest? It's the MV fault? Pretty sure that's far fetched to be honest. Biggest reason most people have always looked to an alternative, and I'm guessing here, to the MV has always been the high price point. If Hermes were to knock the price down to the Mighty price point, a safe bet would be to say sales would go way up. And to be honest, the motivating and tipping point factor for me to buy was a US site that had a site wide 30% off deal going on.

Interesting first post.

Interesting first post.

cleanvape81,

cleanvape81

I must say I wished it was working like it was before it orginally broke. It was pure and tasty then one day I had a white light led and it wouldnt heat up. Ever sinse then it has not worked properly and hermes have had it 3 times to repair. Also I was never asked about which heater core they were using in it. I wish it worked because it cost me £465 last year and now its going to sit in a draw. Im definatly not imaging the bad taste.

cleanvape81,

killick

But I like it!
I'm awaiting an AC puck, and am also a 2nd battery. This thing has been performing admirably, 100% on battery, for months now. It's been getting a lot more abuse than most MVs. This is purely a guess, but I'm pretty hard on equipment, and just expect it to keep up. And the MV has been great! It's got a few battle scars (rolled off the seat of an F350 while I was trying to reload via braille standing beside said seat. Fortunately my foot took the first hit). The only thing I'm noticing is battery life is getting reduced. My sessions can be 3 or 4 loads in quick succession. I started with a full battery and it went to red by the time I turned it off. That was a good 90 min session tho.

So yesterday was the ceremonial plugging in of a couple of strands of christmas lights in the weenie village down the road. I had a travel mug of tincture-laced hot chocolate, and was wearing a winter jacket shell with a great, large chest pocket. I put a Flexicone+ on the MV, stuffed MV in chest pocket, and it worked just like a camelbak. It was great for watching the fireworks - almost hands-free vaping. If I make it a bit longer I could attach it to a mask, kinda like the guy in Blue Velvet, but that would be a bit freaky... Maybe for next halloween? :)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
This is the correct code for the MV website, which is only needed for those outside the US. Inside the US just pm me and I'll enter the discount.

MVWEEKENDSALE15

stickstones,
Reactions: killick

Smknbud

I must say I wished it was working like it was before it orginally broke. It was pure and tasty then one day I had a white light led and it wouldnt heat up. Ever sinse then it has not worked properly and hermes have had it 3 times to repair. Also I was never asked about which heater core they were using in it. I wish it worked because it cost me £465 last year and now its going to sit in a draw. Im definatly not imaging the bad taste.
Sorry to hear all the issues you have/are having, but it really isn't the norm. I sure hope you can get it sorted out since apparently you did enjoy it when it worked properly. I'm a bit miffed Hermes hasn't taken care of you the way you he should have. You have quite a bit invested here, so if it were me I'd not give up and make Hermes deliver.

Smknbud,

MinnBobber

I'm awaiting an AC puck, and am also a 2nd battery.
Sweet. For your heavy use that second battery will be nice.
If you have any sort of "vape station" in the house, that AC puck will be real handy.
mV weighs like nothing with the AC puck instead of heavy battery. Easier to invert into bubbler.
Low profile/height with puck. Great for hydratube use.

Tip, if you want to further extend mV's huge battery capacity try this. Let's say you intend to use battery mode BUT warm up the mV on the AC puck to set temp, then turn off, switch to battery power, turn back on. This saves a LOT of battery power as it takes a lot of power to heat from 60 F to 415 F (for example) VS just holding it at 415.

MV FLAVOR QUESTION::::::::::
OK, I just get medicated on 445 F with straight draw thru an OGB glass mouthpiece and I'd rate the taste as very good or higher. It's not off the charts good like at the 3 low temps but still really really good.
??? Is there any other vape that can match this level of flavor at that high of a temp???
My field of comparisons comes up that none are even in the same ballpark at high temps.
At lower temps some vapes taste may be "in the ballpark" with mV but nothing is close at high temps.

Several portables don't even go above 410/415 F and their 410 taste is not great.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Only the difference between pure convection and conduction, here the load is heated only when you are drawing, with conduction this is exactly the opposite, load is heated between draws and cool down only when you draw.

Although this convection high temp are not so effective for concentrates only...i was never able to milk anything with the concentrate pad and shatter(I own an old teflon core). But really nice results with a mix flowers/shatter.

In example my haze kill the flower taste pretty quickly but is nice with concentrates, it produces thick clouds at 392 with shatter....I could state conduction is better for concentrates if I can get very nice convection dabs using my e-nano....and in other hand the better flavor I get from concentrates is from my e-nail without any contest.

My final thought is convection for flowers and conduction for concentrates....alsthough I can change my mind with future experiences!

PPN,

Smknbud

MV FLAVOR QUESTION::::::::::
OK, I just get medicated on 445 F with straight draw thru an OGB glass mouthpiece and I'd rate the taste as very good or higher. It's not off the charts good like at the 3 low temps but still really really good.
??? Is there any other vape that can match this level of flavor at that high of a temp???
My field of comparisons comes up that none are even in the same ballpark at high temps.
At lower temps some vapes taste may be "in the ballpark" with mV but nothing is close at high temps.

Several portables don't even go above 410/415 F and their 410 taste is not great.

I've mentioned it before, but I mostly tend to hit it dry at the blurple color and rarely venture any higher temp wise. I'm quite content here at this temp and with a glass j-hook and @Ratchett attachement (which replaced Ed's WonG.....aka my lid destroyer) and just go for my flavor train ride. Right now that ride is with Cannalope and Trainwreck strains.
I've tried many vapes, certainly not all, and the MV has been the taste king. The MV is way under rated in my book, but cost is a factor and vapes like the upcoming Zion (which I did get on pre-order with) and the sub $200 price makes it even a tougher sell, but I wouldn't ever give up my MV and is exactly why I ordered a glass core to supplement/compliment my TcMV.

Smknbud,
Reactions: killick

cleanvape81

Sorry to hear all the issues you have/are having, but it really isn't the norm. I sure hope you can get it sorted out since apparently you did enjoy it when it worked properly. I'm a bit miffed Hermes hasn't taken care of you the way you he should have. You have quite a bit invested here, so if it were me I'd not give up and make Hermes deliver.

I must say I have been waiting sinse march 2015 and still no working machine. At one point when I was waiting after the first repair they sent me someones brand new minivap unit by mistake. Which I fought they were sending me a new one. And then they had it for over 3 months at one stage.I must say this has caused me so much stress that I have major anxiety now. I heard that if you live in the usa they service them there to a high standard. But I live in england so it gets repaired in spain to a low standard it seems.
So I feel cheated in buying this useless horible tasting unit they keep sending me.

This is for hermes. You did not have it in your office sinse march 2015. You did repair it and (send it me back on 3 different times but im still here with a machine I cannot use).

I must say I was impressed with the unit when I first bought it. But sinse the breakdown its cost me money sending it to be repaired as it costs money to post the unit. I would of been a loyal customer but not anymore!

Well, that's frustrating. Many people, myself included, have had the same problem and received replacements without any runaround (though not necessarily from Vapefiend). Did VF confirm what @I.b.vaping said about not restocking?

Also, did you already send in the device to VF? If not, I would consider just contacting Hermes directly (info@minivap.com) and dealing with them.
I Never got a replacement. Just sent it to hermes 3 times and its still not repaired to a purity quality standard.

I hope hermes might deliver for me in the end as im having abit more positive communication with them now. So maybe things could still be put right.

Mod note: 5 posts merged. If you are having a problem figuring out how to quote or edit, please contact a moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
cleanvape81,
Top Bottom