MiniVAP Vaporizer

MinnBobber

Sounds like you need to try harder to get a delrin from me, because they work with it regardless of the nipple!
sticks, I'm con-fused......
My Delrin snaps onto the mV nipple, just like Ed's.

Is there a different Delrin (V2?) that does not need the nipple

MinnBobber,

Smknbud

sticks, I'm con-fused......
My Delrin snaps onto the mV nipple, just like Ed's.

Is there a different Delrin (V2?) that does not need the nipple
posted earlier in this thread.....not by me sadly. I have v1
IMG_20150530_132113_nopm_%201_zpsi8y6lrti.jpg

MinnBobber

posted earlier in this thread.....not by me sadly. I have v1
IMG_20150530_132113_nopm_%201_zpsi8y6lrti.jpg

Any pics of the underside?
If it doesn't snap onto the nipple, is there then an "open cavity" underneath the Delrin where vapor exits the nipple , air cavity, then exits the Delrin male joint?
What material is underneath as V1 had stainless steel innards?

thanks

MinnBobber,

Smknbud

Any pics of the underside?
If it doesn't snap onto the nipple, is there then an "open cavity" underneath the Delrin where vapor exits the nipple , air cavity, then exits the Delrin male joint?
What material is underneath as V1 had stainless steel innards?

thanks
I don't own one. I believe it fits over the lid. No idea if innards are same as v1 but my guess is yes.

Edit: found pic def has steel insert
DSC_0590_zpsvzmbdceo.jpg

Last edited:

Smknbud

Well, I guess I spoke too soon the other day. Despite being crazy careful, Ed's WonG took out lid number 2 for me. I found it out after my MV tipped over with the J- hook attached. I reached it in time before the MV itself hit the table, but the J-hook shattered :cry:. When I removed the WonG to inspect I saw that the nipple was starting to tear. This time higher up since I no longer was using it flush with the top of the lid like I did with lid #1. I'm f'in bummed. It's the perfect combo. It wasn't the tipping over that did it. I could tell it was tearing for awhile since the nipple was rough looking (for lack of a better word) and feels brittle. I have the Delrin adapter, but the air flow is so much more restricted than the WonG.

Back to my oversized glass straw for now.

Bottom line all, the WonG will without fail, and I feel pretty confident about it, eventually trash the MV lid nipple regardless how careful you are with it.

Hermes needs to design a lid with a 14 and 18mm adapter on it. And not price it at $54.

Smknbud,
Reactions: killick

lazylathe

Almost there...
I bored my lid out slightly to accept an EQ bag straw.
The lid had a crack in it already so i decided to go ahead.
The EQ straw fits perfectly after a small bore and a small blue cable tie secures it even more.
The nipple of the Flexicone fits the straw's bore exactly.

I added a length of clear Boro tube to the straw with some Herbie hose.
Straw set up is about 6 inches long and works a treat!

But yes, the lid does suck!
Best solution i had was a @Ratchett adapter that snaps over the lid.
Does not compromise the lid in any way is super easy to use!
Solved my WT woes!
http://delta3dstudios.com/portable-vaporizer-accessories/minivap-vaporizer/

lazylathe,
Reactions: Smknbud

stickstones

Vapor concierge
that sucks @Smknbud . We really need a good solution. The wood adapters so far have about a 25% chance of breaking the lid, based on failures and how many are out there. Mine are still working fine, but that's too high a failure rate to make another batch. I'll continue to sell the seven or eight I still have to those willing to take the chance, but that's not how I want things to go in the long haul.

I'm open to any suggestions and will be happy to chase down the logistics of any feasible ideas. Maybe we should start looking at modding lids with the gongs like shown earlier in this thread...

stickstones,

MinnBobber

The big delrin adapters just slide over the lid

So snapping over the lid and not attaching to the nipple, is there then a dead air space between the nipple exit and Delrin vapor channel??
Thanks
Any pictures of the underside of the Delrin adapter---is it just hollowed out Delrin?
Does the V2 adpater 18 mm male joint have a stainless steel core like V1?

MinnBobber,

subway13029

I have already bored my first lid out and have inserted and 14 18 reducer but when i put the jb weld on it and clamped it overnight it fell and the glass was bonded on there at a serious angle..so i painstakingly removed it and i am trying to figure out best option besides whips and delrin??and for the record there is a delrin that snaps on the nipple and delein that covers the whole lid??both made by mephisto??

MinnBobber

.....and i am trying to figure out best option besides whips and delrin??......

What are the techniques you wish to use:
inverted into bubbler?
whip to bubbler?
hydratube?
whip?
mouthpiece?
glass mouthpiece?

To help zero in on other options.....

MinnBobber,

Mulehead

@stickstones I have a glass adapter idea in mind that I'm sure JoDa will be able to whip out no problem. I was just waiting for my Zion to arrive before making that trip, so Josh can offer accessories for both MiniVap and Zion.
The adapter design I have in mind will still require drilling out the lid, but after using the 14-18 adapter for quite some time, IMO glass is the only way to go.

I had to cut my 14-18 adapter down in order to fit, and that is not possible for most people to do. The new adapter design will not require any extra glasswork.
Drilling out the lid is an easy DIY project with a stepped drill bit.

I'll contact Josh and see if he's up for some R&D this weekend.

@MinnBobber, I saw some pics that you posted that made me think you are using your hemp filter above rimmed screen inside of flexicone?
I gotta say that's simple yet brilliant!
Does it cut down on cleaning flexicones?
Any added restriction?

MinnBobber

@MinnBobber, I saw some pics that you posted that made me think you are using your hemp filter above rimmed screen inside of flexicone?
I gotta say that's simple yet brilliant!
Does it cut down on cleaning flexicones?
Any added restriction?
..................................................................................................
Thanks @Mulehead ,
Yes, I'm using degummed hemp fiber ABOVE the rimmed screen.

Version 1 (V1) had the hemp fiber inside the wire basket, sitting on the herb---it kept herb in place,
didn't let it lift off when sucked, and filtered the vapor. I use very small loads so you big hitters that fill a basket---no need to try to contain the herb. I just thought I'd try multi-purpose of filtering AND keeping herb from flying up/around in the basket.
Negatives/ deal breaker: hemp fiber is kind of unruly/ frizzy. When done with my load, some ABV would be entangled in the hemp and I really want/need to harvest all my ABV. Non-legal state here and small supply needs to last a loong time.

V2-- Yes, the hemp is above the rimmed screen, contained in the flexicone. Other filter versions are external. add bulk/volume/cost, and this keeps it simple.
The picture (mV basket sitting on herbie) -- that size of hemp shown is much thicker hemp than current. It did add draw resistance so I've crafted a much thinner "pancake" out of hemp.

Maybe cuz I'm a lightweight, my flexicones needed very little cleaning before this.
HUGE difference though regarding how clean my glass stays !!! Prev had to clean hydratube about every 5 days and looking at that goop, it seemed to have a lot of particles viewed under a magnifying glass. IMO, cannabis dust that gets sucked up/out. It's been 10 days and still no where near needing to clean the glass. AND the thin goop on the glass looks MUCH nicer, like a golden oil instead of a darker substance dotted with particles.

I think the miniVAP basket module is the greatest loading system out there. I use it in my Herbie.
I'm considering buying a Mighty and think it will likely work in it??
............any mV owners with a Mighty---- will the Flexicone basket module fit into a Mighty bowl????
And make a good seal, with a hydratube resting onto it?

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Mulehead

MinnBobber

Yes it will work without the nipple on the lid.
Give it a good cleaning with soapy water before using and I find it sort of tacks to the lid. Great seal to all my WT's
And the Ratchett Song can be used to attach a hydratube, to invert into a bubbler, to hold an oregonglassblower glass mouthpiece, or as below with a dual purpose whip/bubbler attachment.
Very versatile
mV%20Song%20bubbler.jpg

MinnBobber,
Reactions: lazylathe

stickstones

Vapor concierge
the ratchett SonG has a lot going for it. The only thing it isn't is stable. But other than that it is great!

stickstones,

scottg402

Delrin seems stable..wink wink
As you can see from the photo's above, I already hogged the last of them. Not only are they full wrap but they have the SS insert bored out so less restriction. LOVE THEM! I have said this a million times but I feel very fortunate to have them. :)

scottg402,
Reactions: Smknbud
Top Bottom