MiniVAP Vaporizer

mixchu69

Is there any coupon code for Cyber monday?
There is a code. It's somewhere in this thread. I think it's mvweekend14. I got mine straight from manufacturers website. I bought the portable with one extra accessory. Everything came out around 430, including shipping and tax. Thanks everyone, I feel like I'm part of a special community. I think that silver color is beautiful. I will update my experience once I get my hands on it.

mixchu69,

scottg402

My unit isn't powering properly when I switch on in the correct manner. Aka dual button press and hold. Instead it instantly sits solid on whatever colour it was last on and does the same when clicking through the temps.
Functions perfectly when I power it up with the twist.
I'll need to try it whilst being mains powered.
Anyone else experienced this?
I think I have the same thing going on. I'm just getting used to this thing so I wasn't sure. I will test more and report back.

I also charged my battery all night Friday and it went red into my session last night. Isn't this battery suposed to last forever? It was only about an hour into my on and off "nightcap sessions" when this happened.

Lastly I want getting much vapor at all except on red and even that was light.

Like I said, I will do more testing and report back.

scottg402,

MinnBobber

My unit isn't powering properly when I switch on in the correct manner. Aka dual button press and hold. Instead it instantly sits solid on whatever colour it was last on and does the same when clicking through the temps.

Sometimes when turning mine on, the heat level light goes to solid/ on last temp I used BUT I just let it be and 30 seconds later it flashes, until it reaches the designated temp.

MinnBobber,

scottg402

Sometimes when turning mine on, the heat level light goes to solid/ on last temp I used BUT I just let it be and 30 seconds later it flashes, until it reaches the designated temp.
Ok mine is acting the same. Is that normal?

Last edited:
scottg402,

MinnBobber

Ok mind is acting the same. Is that normal?

It seems normal and might depend on how you turned it off?
On AC plug-in power, sometimes I hold both buttons for a few seconds to turn off and
sometimes I just unplug the cord.
Sometimes with battery I hold both buttons and sometimes it "times out"/ turns off.

I have not tracked what method leads to what at startup

MinnBobber,

scottg402

I am looking into the AC cord too. Especially in light of my battery hitting red so quick last night. I am hoping I just had the battery improperly positioned on the charger and I didn't notice.

So far I really like the taste and how long it lasts. I am getting medicated just fine but I'm surprised of the lack of cloud production. It's not that I'm chasing them, I just expected more.

I will keep experimenting.....

scottg402,
Reactions: dimmusp

Mrmrmrmr

I am looking into the AC cord too. Especially in light of my battery hitting red so quick last night. I am hoping I just had the battery improperly positioned on the charger and I didn't notice.

So far I really like the taste and how long it lasts. I am getting medicated just fine but I'm surprised of the lack of cloud production. It's not that I'm chasing them, I just expected more.

What bowl setup are you using?a flexicone + and a screen plus basket always gets me massive amounts of vapor on green. For chasing clouds I suggest heating to green and waiting 10min. Or go straight to red and have a couple of scoops with a drop of oil/wax. It's a knockout every time folks :lol::freak:

Mrmrmrmr,
Reactions: Smknbud

kimura

I've been hitting mine dry lately using the flexicone, no cap, and a 18mm/14mm reducer with the dry mouth piece from my evo. The taste is amazing and it's nice and cool! Nothing but glass after the flexicone.

I tried this method last night, and am using it currently. works great! thanks, I don't know why I didn't think of using the EVO dry mouthpiece.

oh and I need help guys. real quick - somebody talk me out of buying a goldie this weekend. please

scottg402

What bowl setup are you using?a flexicone + and a screen plus basket always gets me massive amounts of vapor on green. For chasing clouds I suggest heating to green and waiting 10min. Or go straight to red and have a couple of scoops with a drop of oil/wax. It's a knockout every time folks :lol::freak:
I'm using the same setup but maybe not waiting long enough to heat. I have been starting low for taste and bumping it up throughout the session.

I never get much on blue or purple but not really expecting a whole lot either. When I get to green and red I am getting clouds but just nothing massive.
I will try waiting a bit longer for heating and report back. I have been starting my draws as soon as the light stops blinking.

scottg402,

Smknbud

When the battery is twisted on to the heater the temp light starts to blink right away. If the battery is mounted already and you turn it on the last used session temp light should be solid and will start blinking between a minute and minute and a half. Pretty positive that's they way it's supposed to be.

MinnBobber

On the charger, it sometimes needs a little jiggle/turn to get properly seated. It needs to click in/drop in.
Let's say it is red battery (low) in use and you put it on charger and charger light stays green.
Give it a tiny jiggle until it turns red.

I found the same on first use of the AC puck. It didn't connect/work. thankfully a board member said
to try some more and it connected fine.

I use little herb and get minimal vapor clouds. To me, clouds are wasteful IMO. But wow, does it taste
great and medicate!!!

scottg402

On the charger, it sometimes needs a little jiggle/turn to get properly seated. It needs to click in/drop in.
Let's say it is red battery (low) in use and you put it on charger and charger light stays green.
Give it a tiny jiggle until it turns red.

I found the same on first use of the AC puck. It didn't connect/work. thankfully a board member said
to try some more and it connected fine.

I use little herb and get minimal vapor clouds. To me, clouds are wasteful IMO. But wow, does it taste
great and medicate!!!

I have been pulling the battery off and charging it without the unit so I have no visual confirmation on if it's charging or not but it felt like it clicked in place.

I will try keeping the unit on next time.

I also agree with you on both taste and clouds. Not important to me as long as I'm medicated which the MV does the trick. It was just an observation I thought worth mentioning since I know some folks get their panties in a bunch over lack of cloud production!

Sounds like you can have both with the MV anyway. Just need a little more time with this.

MinnBobber

I have been pulling the battery off and charging it without the unit so I have no visual confirmation on if it's charging or not but it felt like it clicked in place.

I will try keeping the unit on next time.
/QUOTE]

I am talking about the charger cord which has a "black box" on the cord which has a light. It is red when charging and green when the unit is fully charged. The back side of the black box has the label etc, the front/top side has this light that is green or red.
So, you can check it EVEN when just charging the separated battery.

If you know the battery is low, make sure the black box light goes to red when inserting the battery in the charger cradle

I am talking about the charger cord which has a "black box" on the cord which has a light. It is red when charging and green when the unit is fully charged. The back side of the black box has the label etc, the front/top side has this light that is green or red.
So, you can check it EVEN when just charging the separated battery.

If you know the battery is low, make sure the black box light goes to red when inserting the battery in the charger cradle

Smknbud

The charging brick has a light on it. It will be green if no battery is on the charging base or when battery is fully charged and will turn red when a battery is first placed on charging base to charge and during the charge process.

Edit: between minnbobber and my post it should be clear.

scottg402

Ok thanks guys. I didn't notice that.

My vape charging area has become a mess of wires with all the vapes I have acquired in seeking a cure for my VAS! :bowdown:

I am going to check out my brick in a minute.

Thanks again for the help and for what I have already read here. At some ppoint I will make it through the rest of this thread for more tips!

Edit: I checked the light and it's good to go so I will give it a run tonight to check it out.

Last edited:
scottg402,

MinnBobber

To me, if anything it's been overlooked by many, myself included for quite some time, and it deserves more attention. I think some see that it's been out for some time and that the assumption is that it's 'dated' when in reality nothing is further from the truth. It may not have a phone app like my Crafty or a digital screen to 'wow' you like it's class competitor the Mighty, but it has better taste than any other vape I own and it's such a great bud miser. The bud miser part may not be important to all, but it is too me and I'm sure a great many others. Really, my point is that I think you'll appreciate it more than you think....as many would if they gave a true convection vape like the Mini the opportunity. (hows that for a sales pitch?:tup:)

Enjoy it when it arrives!

X2 The Crafty and Mighty have the wizzbang, new factor and they are great vapes BUT I think the miniVAP is the most versatile, best tasting, most efficient vape out there and it can be a portable or a desktop. I use it way more than my Herbie which says a lot.

My buddy has a Mighty so we got a big comparison session in and IMO the miniVAP is still king and the Mighty is a great "new kid on the block" and top tier vape BUT it ain't no miniVAP. Actually, he thought so too but he wanted the "newest" vape. Like Smknbud said, some pass it over 'cause it's not new but boy does it work.

scottg402

I have a Crafty too. I like them both and at this point I couldn't decide on just one if I had to. In the end it would depend on my primary use and vaping preferences.

Beyond the price tag (which thankfully seems to be coming down a bit) I think one reason folks shy away from the Mini is its size. While it's still smaller than I expected and breaks down nicely into a small bag, I consider this an "around the house" portable only.

While the Crafty isn't the smallest out there I do feel much more comfortable taking it out of the house where I wouldn't for the Mini.

Honestly the two make a great combo together. The Mini as a desktop substitute for home and the Crafty as a true portable for the road!

Smknbud

Honestly the two make a great combo together. The Mini as a desktop substitute for home and the Crafty as a true portable for the road!

Pretty much sums up how I feel. The Mini still is viable to go traveling but doesn't offer the discretion the Crafty affords. The Mighty is pretty much on the same discretion level as the Mini.

mixchu69

Ok thanks guys. I didn't notice that.

My vape charging area has become a mess of wires with all the vapes I have acquired in seeking a cure for my VAS! :bowdown:

I am going to check out my brick in a minute.

Thanks again for the help and for what I have already read here. At some ppoint I will make it through the rest of this thread for more tips!

Edit: I checked the light and it's good to go so I will give it a run tonight to check it out.
Hey Scott, I feel you. I bought the mighty and minivap this weekend. All these sales have drove my VAS insane. I also purchased an omicron light and dr dabber for concentrates. I am anticipating the minivap the most. Love the silver design. I think it can be a great portable in the car. Put it in your cup holder and looks like a coffee thermos.

scottg402

Hey Scott, I feel you. I bought the mighty and minivap this weekend. All these sales have drove my VAS insane. I also purchased an omicron light and dr dabber for concentrates. I am anticipating the minivap the most. Love the silver design. I think it can be a great portable in the car. Put it in your cup holder and looks like a coffee thermos.
Yes you can get away with it in the car and it also passes as a water bottle from a distance but the thing is so damn expensive I'm going to just keep it at home for the most part. Same with the Crafty for me actually. I have a few others I would prefer to take out.

scottg402,

Smknbud

I've been hitting mine dry lately using the flexicone, no cap, and a 18mm/14mm reducer with the dry mouth piece from my evo. The taste is amazing and it's nice and cool! Nothing but glass after the flexicone.
@stickstones So when you get your adapter from @mestizo, as I am also, are you planning to use a 14mm male -18mm female glass reducer with this mouthpiece?

Last edited:
Smknbud,
Top Bottom