MiniVAP Vaporizer

mestizo

I'm kicking myself for not quickly purchasing the one you had listed in the classified section. God I'm a dumn ass for that. If you make another, PM me and I'll be smart next time.
Truth is, it never sold.
Two or three people backed away, and one thought it was too expensive, then I sent a pm to somebody who looked interested, with a lower price and never got a response.I understand it is just an adapter, but it is like saying " a ferrari is too expensive for a car" but this is one of a kind, can be used upside down, with a hydra tube, the vapor path is all steel, etc.
The way I see it people get what they pay for, look at all the trouble people are having with the glass adapter from Hermes, they have to add other stuff to make them work.
I'm a craftsman, like many people in this forum, and take a lot of pride on my work, I have made prototypes of nails in the past like the HIVE domeless, and countless others, some have made it to the market others haven't.
I feel my adapter is one step above anything I have seen in this forums, that's all.

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
@Lostclusters , how on earth did u get such a speedy reply from Hermes?? I've sent several messages thru website with absolutely no response. It's been almost 2 months since my first contact. Anyone have luck calling? I'm in U.S. & have never made an international call. But I guess that's my only option at this point. I want the adapter & can't just order as they have no option for GOLD, I don't want a black or silver one on My GOLDY! LOL:lol: although for Xmas silver & gold is great

THE KISS FREAK,

Smknbud

Truth is, it never sold.
Two or three people backed away, and one thought it was too expensive, then I sent a pm to somebody who looked interested, with a lower price and never got a response.I understand it is just an adapter, but it is like saying " a ferrari is too expensive for a car" but this is one of a kind, can be used upside down, with a hydra tube, the vapor path is all steel, etc.
The way I see it people get what they pay for, look at all the trouble people are having with the glass adapter from Hermes, they have to add other stuff to make them work.
I'm a craftsman, like many people in this forum, and take a lot of pride on my work, I have made prototypes of nails in the past like the HIVE domeless, and countless others, some have made it to the market others haven't.
I feel my adapter is one step above anything I have seen in this forums, that's all.
Can't wait till it gets to me. Thanks man!

mestizo

How much were you asking?
30, because there's a lot of work involved if you only make 1 or 2.
If you look at the pictures in the classifieds add, you will see that the inside diameter is made of stainless steel. It is unbreakable, easy to put on, easy to remove, to clean etc.

mestizo,

Kommyknocker

@mestizo

How much were you asking?

I didn't wanna buy it as i can create something just as functional with glass
Was just curious about how much people thought was too much.

Edit.. Haaha was just posting that as you posted.

2nd Edit.. Broke my damned lid tinkering with adaptor set ups.. Boo!
eS5xynmh.jpg

Mended
t3aVcMy.jpg

Sorry about the blurry pic.
And mestizo 30 seems reasonable.

Last edited:
Kommyknocker,

Smknbud

@mestizo

I didn't wanna buy it as i can create something just as functional with glass
Was just curious about how much people thought was too much.

Edit.. Haaha was just posting that as you posted.

2nd Edit.. Broke my damned lid tinkering with adaptor set ups.. Boo!
eS5xynmh.jpg

Mended
t3aVcMy.jpg

Sorry about the blurry pic.
And mestizo 30 seems reasonable.
This is exactly what I was going to do......similar to how I use my glass straw now....well, will in two more days when the replacement arrives.

Smknbud,

Kommyknocker

I love how there's a :shit:load of different set ups available with a little creativity:razz: Modular is king! :tup:
I've fixed the narrow glass from being so close to the screen. It's actually basically adjustable.
Sucks I broke my lid all up trying different :shit: out :disgust:
:freak:Got nice n' messed trying them all out though.
My decarb ring gets tested tomorrow.. Days off!!:rockon::wave::leaf: :tinfoil: :uhoh: :smug: :cheers:
q1x1tU1h.jpg

Will this whip do :rofl:

Last edited:
Kommyknocker,
Reactions: lazylathe

Kommyknocker

Must admit It never even crossed my mind to gob on it :rofl:
You tried mating them whilst housed in the cap/lid yet. THAT'S where disaster struck.
I already have a few better setups than the official Hermes adaptor if I wanna use it sans cap/lid. :D

Edit: Want to also add, I only had the 30 mins to mess about that first night. Had :shit: to do. I have about four days and nights to tinker myself silly :nod:

Last edited:
Kommyknocker,
Reactions: Smknbud

Vap974

Hello everyone,
i was ready to place an order for the water adapter but it seems that it's not perfect.
So i have a look in my accessories and i found my lotus wpa
images

The flexicone fit very wel in it, i have just to cut my flexicone.

(i mean the fexicone +)
But actualy i have to purchase a new flexicone for this..
If someone has the lotus wpa, tell us what you think about it, i'd like to use it with a small bubbler like the Pinnacle pro.

Last edited:
Vap974,
Reactions: Smknbud

Kommyknocker

Hello everyone,
i was ready to place an order for the water adapter but it seems that it's not perfect.
So i have a look in my accessories and i found my lotus wpa
images

The flexicone fit very wel in it, i have just to cut my flexicone.

(i mean the fexicone +)
But actualy i have to purchase a new flexicone for this..
If someone has the lotus wpa, tell us what you think about it, i'd like to use it with a small bubbler like the Pinnacle pro.

I don't have this piece but was trawling through the glass accessories section of PlanetVape.ca and the multitude of potential options for creating a custom adaptor is almost endless
:love: It!

Smknbud

Must admit It never even crossed my mind to gob on it :rofl:
You tried mating them whilst housed in the cap/lid yet. THAT'S where disaster struck.

The lid part comes tomorrow with my replacement arrival. Really though, it took just a little spit lube and the glass piece slips into the flexicone no problem.....so I'm surmising at this point that even with the lid introduced into the equation it should in all probability be a non issue.

I'll take a photo and post tomorrow if you don't before me.

JCat

Accessory Maker
30, because there's a lot of work involved if you only make 1 or 2.
If you look at the pictures in the classifieds add, you will see that the inside diameter is made of stainless steel. It is unbreakable, easy to put on, easy to remove, to clean etc.
I'd be very interested at this price (in both a 14mm and 18mm if possible). What is the outside material you are using?

Thanks! And awesome work!

Smknbud

I'd be very interested at this price (in both a 14mm and 18mm if possible). What is the outside material you are using?

Thanks! And awesome work!
I hope @mestizo doesn't mind me posting from his description in his old classified ad here on FC, but here it is:

Hi, as I have stated before I'm a machinist and many times I make my own vape tools and adapters.
This time I went for simplicity, so I made an male 18mm. adapter out of Stainless Steel 304 and Delrin, AKA Acetal, it is a pretty safe polymer used in many industries including the medical too.
The following is from the creator's page:

Delrin® acetal homopolymer combines lubricity and wear resistance with the stiffness and strength needed in parts designed to replace metal.
Delrin® provides dimensional stability in high precision molding and flexibility of design. From auto parts to innovative new medical devices, Delrin® is a premier choice for consumer and industrial solutions.

The adapter outer body is Delrin, while the vapor path is made all of SS.
I made an extra one in case anybody want to use their miniVAP with water, and no effort whatsoever.
I followed the industry 10/1 ratio on the male joint, so it is a perfect match with an 18mm. female, and it was made on a CNC Lathe.
The adapter stays on the mini cap at all times if you want because it is a snug fit.

Ethnobotanist

........始解........
Re: the use of MV with the new glass adaptor:
I haven't tried the glass adaptor yet, but a friend got an email from MV/Jorge which confirms that the glass adaptor with standard flexicone is for use without the lid, whilst with lid you need to be inventive and cut the flexicone a bit like @Kommyknocker did.

MV Email excerpt:
You can connect the 14mm glass adapter with the flexicone.

For an easier insertion, you must hold the flexicone with your finger (without the filter disc) and push against the adapter to fit it into it. Then, put the filter disc back again.

The adapter is to use it without the lid otherwise, as you noted, a cut flexicone is needed.

This pretty much confirms what can be inferred from posts by @Smknbud and @Kommyknocker. How this suits individuals depends on how and where you usually medicate. In my case it's not an issue due to my individual usage of the MV and that I've been using it without the cap ever since members on here first posted how they were using glass with the flexicone without the cap.

By the way, can anyone advise about something which can be found round the house that can be used to remove the stock chamber when swapping in the new decarb ring which definitely won't damage or scratch the stock one? Ideally MV would include a special tool with the decarb ring to help with this. I think I read about using spoons but not sure if that wouldn't damage the chamber.

Cheers

Last edited:

Smknbud

be found round the house that can be used to remove the stock chamber when swapping in the new decarb ring which definitely won't damage or scratch the stock one? Ideally MV would include a special tool with the decarb ring to help with this. I think I read about using spoons but not sure if that wouldn't damage the chamber.

Cheers

I use the tool provided with my Ascent vape....it's perfect for getting out that bottom smaller ring especially. The hook end grabs it then you can pull it up and out.

2013_08_20_16.58.36__13256.1410896632.1280.1280.jpg

Smknbud,

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
By the way, can anyone advise about something which can be found round the house that can be used to remove the stock chamber when swapping in the new decarb ring which definitely won't damage or scratch the stock one? Ideally MV would include a special tool with the decarb ring to help with this. I think I read about using spoons but not sure if that wouldn't damage the chamber.

@Ethnobotanist, I've used the Rubberized Handle of a pair of pliers, and the Rubberized Handle of one of those magnetic Pick up tools, or any other Rubberized Handle of Any tool that will fit the inside diameter of the Teflon Chamber, this has Worked Like A Charm for me IME!!
Hope this Helps Ya out, HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND HAPPY VAPING EVERYONE :):rockon:

Kommyknocker

@Ethnobotanist

I heat my MV up a bit and then I can slide it out with my finger.
Comes out very easily!

This was indeed the case with my first two units. Third and current MV was a little more bothersome.
When I get home I'm gonna try my metal chamber liner!! Can't wait!!

Edit: It's heating right now. Didn't trust putting the little ring way down there though. Left the Teflon one where it was.

Last edited:

Mrmrmrmr

About the cap issue..I have had good results with the cap on ,placing it inside a 18mm male adapter. Soaked briefly all screens,flexi + with ISO and WOW did that make a differences. After rotating enano,Herbie and minivap today it's obvious the miniv has thee best flavor.
Happy thanksgiving everyone I'm extremely vaked and ready to feast :haw::mmmm:

Top Bottom