Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Tuck

Great videos, Vitolo. I'm envious. You've got me wanting an LSV. Are you going to retire your SSV?

BTW, Try just removing the WPA instead of the whole stem to clear. My cousin pulled out the stem one time and knocked the diffuser part of the stem and it chipped right off. So I pretty much only pull my stem out now for cleanings to avoid that happening again. I could be doing it wrong though, so YMMV.

Tuck,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Vito,

Did they cut you a deal at all with you buying all the accessories?
And do use the phatty versions of the wpa and vapor tamer? Or just the regular ones.

That's quite the piece of hardware.

Ps, really appreciate you taking the time from your day to post these reviews and videos

wake n blake,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Tuck said:
Great videos, Vitolo. I'm envious. You've got me wanting an LSV. Are you going to retire your SSV?
BTW, Try just removing the WPA instead of the whole stem to clear. My cousin pulled out the stem one time and knocked the diffuser part of the stem and it chipped right off. So I pretty much only pull my stem out now for cleanings to avoid that happening again. I could be doing it wrong though, so YMMV.
Thanks Tuck, I will try to avoid that temptation to clear the pipe without bubbles!
I won't be retiring my SSV by any means. It is on 24/7 diffusing oil, and ready to medicate. The LSV is a special tool, and I respect it greatly. For me, it is not for every session, but for more intense sessions, especially since it would not be feasible to leave it on 24/7.
Gotta have 'em both now!

@wake n blake- The WPA was the regular version, and the VT was the Fatty one.
I obtained the Fatty Vaper Tamer 1st, and used it with the SSV. It was at a reduced cost at the time I got it.
The LSV also, at this time is reduced $50, and is a great deal!

Vitolo,

treecityrnd

SSV Chris said:
There is a small difference in distance on the two versions. Small and negligible, but there is a difference. The screens are the same size, ID of the glass is the same on both sizes.
If the distance was so negligible, why are there now two versions of both 14 & 19mm with a long (the old 14mm distance) and the shorter chamber. The distance is not negligible. Ugh! I would have gotten the shorter version in a heartbeat. The longer version requires more heat and that's not necessarily a good thing with a hand-held LSV. Love it. But to change that right after I ask and then I don't get a response/heads up or even a beta? Ouch.

treecityrnd,

Vitolo

Vaporist
tree, I just saw on the website, they have the shorter ones on sale, at a discount.
If you feel put out in any way, posting it here will express your feelings on this, and help make all aware of what makes the customer most happy.
Feedback helps!

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
Jeez Vito, after watching all your LSV vids I'll be saving up my pennies for one! Looks like fun.

cluffy,

Nycdeisel

WOOT! Vito hitting the vapor bong! that was freakin awesome man!

a couple things I noticed, the way you set your mouth on the lip, your lips should form good suction being INSIDE of the bong, the way you have your mouth on the bong really does contribute to suction and airflow.

also that thing chugs like a train! haha

Try using it while tilted because having the downstem as vertically straight as possibly allows a better flow IME.

That is a very large bong as well, I prefer something a lot smaller and you would probably be able to clear it without removing the downstem. I know you are not getting into buying glass though so I wont recommend another bonG! :lol:

I love how you can aim it using the SGG connection!

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nycdeisel said:
Try using it while tilted because having the downstem as vertically straight as possibly allows a better flow IME.
Oh Deez... Queen of glass, I will definitly improve with your suggestions.
I did learn that I got smoother action holding the bong, and the LSV in the other hand, but could not get "comfy" before the iMac cam so you could see the glass fill, so I left it stationary.
I will be trying the lip placement you recommend, in a few minutes! :brow:
I guess the size of the glass was bigger than I expected, but your suggestions will make it very workable.

P.S. My official stance is that Deez knows her glass and her "glass talk" is valuable!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

:lol:

I never doubted myself!

someone on GC called me 'vaporizer queen' instead lol

Glad I could help :wave:

yea its not always easy tilting and getting video, as you may have seen from my latest video with the AlienTech AK downstem, it wasnt easy getting that tilted placement on the desk

oh btw which doesnstem where you using there? didnt you get two different ones if I recall correctly?

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I used the 18 mm downstem for this. The 14 has a tighter draw, but the WPA was made for 18 so I went with the flow!
Yeah girl.. you da vape queen! :)

Vitolo,

nowonknows

Hi, can anyone please advise the dimensions of the fatty vapor tamer and/or the old style?

nowonknows,
There's Vito, always looking out.

I'd politely recommend against the old style vapor tamer. While I do really appreciate being comped it by the great people at 7th floor, I just think there is too little glycerin leading to far too little chilled vape time. You'll get 5-15 minutes of chilled vapor depending on where you being defining "chilled."

charliedontsurf,

DarthVaker

Ive actually got pretty medicated on an LSV at one of the clubs in the local area. its a little large but it works. I hope to see some improvements with rattling.

DarthVaker,

Vitolo

Vaporist
properly "snugged" up by the owner, there is nothing that can rattle other than a loos transfer wand... but that is easily controlled.
You said it right about the LSV Darth.... "got pretty medicated" says it all!

Vitolo,

nowonknows

I couldn't see the dimensions for the fatty on that page? I have ordered and received 2 of the fatty vt's but just want to confirm that is what I have received.......

nowonknows,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I understand. cluffy also had questions about the difference. Here is another way to tell--->
The original vapor tamers bump on the body(there to prevent rolling), was a different color than the glycerin generally. Also the bump was 2/3 of the way down the tube... almost in the middle of the VT. The bump on the fatty VT is at the shoulder approx.
The guys at 7th floor are very careful about the VT orders.

Vitolo,

nowonknows

Vitolo said:
I understand. cluffy also had questions about the difference. Here is another way to tell--->
The original vapor tamers bump on the body(there to prevent rolling), was a different color than the glycerin generally. Also the bump was 2/3 of the way down the tube... almost in the middle of the VT. The bump on the fatty VT is at the shoulder approx.
The guys at 7th floor are very careful about the VT orders.
Cool Got the right ones, just wanted to check, I'm not bad mouthing 7th Floor but I have received two incorrect orders from them a couple of months ago, they were very good to deal with though and got it fixed up in the end, but this time round all sweet.

nowonknows,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am so totally blown away by the LSV's ability for a direct hit.
I have been playing with it now with the cap off, and using it with the WPA.
I finally worked myself up to the "Big Boy" WPA.. and this is where I learned of the LSV's spherical aiming precision!
I filled a "party bowl" full.. and got 5 huge "ear ringers" out of it. (stirs in between)
The ABV was deep dark tan, but after the final stir, I saw a corner of greenish material down halfway, in the ultra ample WPA.
I braced myself, and I used the LSV with precision, aiming as a surgeon would aim a laser beam... and I caught that green dead on, and got another huge hit.

arf777

No longer dogless
I've just encountered the oddest thing - got a new glass piece yesterday, a lovely Hitman Turbine Tube (like this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYm-uP7cHgI - but with black graphics). Used it with my PD, was wonderful. But then my LSV produced almost NOTHING in it, even when hot enough to combust on another piece (LW Dewar bubbler). I checked, and there is no air seal issue, all the connections are airtight. Anyone else encountered pieces where this has happened? I've seen that with a VHW before, which is very sensitive to air flow rates, but never with the LSV.

I did notice that the air flow in the turbine tube is different than in other pieces. And I have other pieces that have too much airflow to vape well with any vaporizer, but are excellent for combusting. What is weird here is that the other vapes I have that are also sensitive to these issues are working fine on the Hitman (though I haven't been able to try my VHW yet - waiting for a replacement heater cover to come).

I've tried increasing drag n a number of ways - extra screen, using my 14mm slide with an adapter instead of the 18mm slide, adding as much ice as will fit. No difference. Advice would be appreciated. Heck, so would anyone else having experienced this - that'd help convince me I'm not going nuts.

arf777,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I experienced this with other pieces... Too much airflow.
The best answer I have come up with is a bit "weed wasteful".. I decrease drag by overfilling with herb!
I must check often and stir often as well, but I get some thick ass pulls!
(reduce draw at the initial point of draw... right at the weed!)

Vitolo,

nowonknows

Vitolo said:
I am so totally blown away by the LSV's ability for a direct hit.
I have been playing with it now with the cap off, and using it with the WPA.
I finally worked myself up to the "Big Boy" WPA.. and this is where I learned of the LSV's spherical aiming precision!
I filled a "party bowl" full.. and got 5 huge "ear ringers" out of it. (stirs in between)
The ABV was deep dark tan, but after the final stir, I saw a corner of greenish material down halfway, in the ultra ample WPA.
I braced myself, and I used the LSV with precision, aiming as a surgeon would aim a laser beam... and I caught that green dead on, and got another huge hit.
Pinpoint Aiming with the LSV

I'm not sure about this hey, you have to remember it isn't a forced air vape so air path to the herb may not be effected by tilting the lsv as air is still being sucked down the same path.

Good way to test it out is pack a bowl, hit it with it pointed to one side and keep hitting it until it stiops producing but don't stirr it between hits. Then have a look at whats in the bowl and let us know the outcome.

nowonknows,

nowonknows

arf777 said:
I've just encountered the oddest thing - got a new glass piece yesterday, a lovely Hitman Turbine Tube (like this one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYm-uP7cHgI - but with black graphics). Used it with my PD, was wonderful. But then my LSV produced almost NOTHING in it, even when hot enough to combust on another piece (LW Dewar bubbler). I checked, and there is no air seal issue, all the connections are airtight. Anyone else encountered pieces where this has happened? I've seen that with a VHW before, which is very sensitive to air flow rates, but never with the LSV.

I did notice that the air flow in the turbine tube is different than in other pieces. And I have other pieces that have too much airflow to vape well with any vaporizer, but are excellent for combusting. What is weird here is that the other vapes I have that are also sensitive to these issues are working fine on the Hitman (though I haven't been able to try my VHW yet - waiting for a replacement heater cover to come).

I've tried increasing drag n a number of ways - extra screen, using my 14mm slide with an adapter instead of the 18mm slide, adding as much ice as will fit. No difference. Advice would be appreciated. Heck, so would anyone else having experienced this - that'd help convince me I'm not going nuts.

Different glass does make a difference. I have one piece which is a fairly basic design, no percs, cylinder shape going down into a dome, this one is by far the easiest to use and is what I pull out for parties and such as no matter how you hit it, for some reason it produces great hits. Where as my 2 foot 3xperc piece is a bit more difficult, the only way to get it to work is to hit it as slow as possible, minimal suction, just enough to disturb the water.
This all applies to small packs, 0.05g ground and evenly laid across the screen, as Vitolo said packing more in there lets you get hits without having to breath slower.

nowonknows,

Vitolo

Vaporist
nowonknows said:
Vitolo said:
.....this is where I learned of the LSV's spherical aiming precision!
I'm not sure about this hey, you have to remember it isn't a forced air vape so air path to the herb may not be effected by tilting the lsv as air is still being sucked down the same path.
I feel confident about this!
That is what this was... a test ...to see if the LSV could get that spot with pinpoint precision... and it did!
That is the reason that the LSV was made with spherical design... to aim the heat with precision... and let me tell you.. it works great! ;)
(The same reason we that use "hand held" wand or spherical wand.. to "aim" the heat.. SSV is not forced air either!)
And of course the ABV was checked.. once again.. the ABV end result was the whole point... to get that one green spot in the bowl tan... without over browning or burning the other material.
I apologize if I did not clearly address the color of the ABV earlier.

Vitolo,

nowonknows

You are right Vitolo, I tried doing what I suggested and only the side i was aiming for got dark. I just thought as the air was being suck through from the stem it wouldn't make much of a difference but I stand corrected.

nowonknows,
Top Bottom