Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Ash057

My LSV was just delivered to 7th Floor for repair. Hoping for a safe and speedy return!

Ash057,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It would hurt me to be without my main vape. My heart is with you as I am sure are other member's!

Now.... that being said... It may not be your LSV..... but....
Get back in there and Vape!
4992057500a6077426634m.jpg

Vitolo,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Sinclue said:
Planning on taking our LSV with us in our camper next trip. Does anybody know the electrical specs? Want to get the right size converter. Anybody use theirs with a 12v converter? If so, what size converter?

Wrote directly to Chris at 7th Floor and he responded:
"The units max out at 25 watts, so I would look for a 50w, so you can plug usb charging into it if needed. Also look for a full, or pure, sine wave inverter, as opposed to a modified or half sine inverter. The one you have will work, {a 75w} but check this out (http://www.donrowe.com/inverters/inverter_faq.html#modified) a very good explainer of the differences between pure and modified sine. Both will work, one is just far better for a vape."

Thanks Chris...7th Floor comes through again.

Sinclue,
Reactions: kertong

Vitolo

Vaporist
Wow.
Heavy Question!!!
Well because I now know them both intimately....
(I do want to be totally honest)
Due to the fact that I am a patient that uses a vaporizer all day long at intervals, I would have to choose the SSV as it stays turned on 24/7.
The LSV is a wonderful and effective tool.. so much more can be done with it in a unique way, but It does need to be set up each time.
It is sure a good thing I do not have to give up either of them! :lol:

Vitolo,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Vitolo said:
the SSV as it stays turned on 24/7.
The LSV is a wonderful and effective tool.. so much more can be done with it in a unique way, but It does need to be set up each time.
It is sure a good thing I do not have to give up either of them! :lol:

My LSV has been on for 2-3 months, less few minutes when I turn off to clean or swich heat cover or power going off due to thunderstorm(I run LSV thru surge protector). The biggest factor for me is the glass of the LSV versus silicon/ plastic tubing of the SSV in regards to taste. I have been using the LSV exclusively for many months and nothing I have encountered matches the flavor/ taste. Not even the other 7th Floor products(DBV or SSV) can match it for taste, in my opinion. My buddy has my old DBV and when I visit him, I either abstain or bring my LSV. I usually use the LSV with the WPA and my 18" RooR straight tube. Although the transfer wands deliver uncomprimising taste as well. If I had to pick all over again, LSV would win hands down. I have also made a horizontal wooden stand to lay LSV on, hopefully have some pics soon to show you all.

Vitolo- I don't see where there is hardly any difference between either LSV or SSV setup times. Same heat up time in both. Pack wands and hit away. Even with WPA and RooR, I am ready to rock in seconds.

Off to enjoy some Grape Ape and Purple Lambs Breath in the LSV. I wish I could share with you all!!!

Silver420Surfer,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Silver420Surfer said:
Vitolo- I don't see where there is hardly any difference between either LSV or SSV setup times.
Don't get me wrong. I use the LSV all the time.. and I use it straight up with the long AND shorty transfer wand for perfect taste....
setup time....
My SSV is on at noon position 18 hours a day.
I stop my work every 45 minutes to one hour to go do a couple pulls, on an already loaded wand.
Walk in.. do two instant pulls, back at computer in 1/2 a minute... no warmup.
As much as I love my LSV if it was on at "high noon" from5 a.m. until midnight it would not be that comfortable to touch.
tj024 asked "So if you had to decide, which would you prefer? SSV or LSV?"
Being disabled.. and vaping up to 40 times a day... I would have to say that the SSV saves me prep time...as those 3 minutes heatup through the day add up.
If he asked me "which flavor is purer" or "which tastes better" my answer would be the LSV.
Bottom line:
The disabled guy in me that Vapes non stop for pain would rather have the unit that stays at top heat and ready to medicate at all times.
The connoisseur in me wishes he always had the pain free attention span (and time)to wait for his LSV to heatup, and to do a few hits.
YES I love all glass.
YES... I will ignore the fact that I use silicon in order to not wait even 5 seconds longer to do a hit... realizing that the first hit each day is the first of maybe 50 - 100 that I will be doing.

Vitolo,

Ash057

I sent my LSV in for repair on Monday and got it back on Saturday. I couldnt ask for faster repair service. 7th Floors customer service generously included some extra goodies in the return box.

Hopefully I wont be having any future problems. I dont think I can stand anymore time away from my LSV!

Ash057,

nowonknows

Vitolo said:
Silver420Surfer said:
Vitolo- I don't see where there is hardly any difference between either LSV or SSV setup times.
Don't get me wrong. I use the LSV all the time.. and I use it straight up with the long AND shorty transfer wand for perfect taste....
setup time....
My SSV is on at noon position 18 hours a day.
I stop my work every 45 minutes to one hour to go do a couple pulls, on an already loaded wand.
Walk in.. do two instant pulls, back at computer in 1/2 a minute... no warmup.
As much as I love my LSV if it was on at "high noon" from5 a.m. until midnight it would not be that comfortable to touch.
tj024 asked "So if you had to decide, which would you prefer? SSV or LSV?"
Being disabled.. and vaping up to 40 times a day... I would have to say that the SSV saves me prep time...as those 3 minutes heatup through the day add up.
If he asked me "which flavor is purer" or "which tastes better" my answer would be the LSV.
Bottom line:
The disabled guy in me that Vapes non stop for pain would rather have the unit that stays at top heat and ready to medicate at all times.
The connoisseur in me wishes he always had the pain free attention span (and time)to wait for his LSV to heatup, and to do a few hits.
YES I love all glass.
YES... I will ignore the fact that I use silicon in order to not wait even 5 seconds longer to do a hit... realizing that the first hit each day is the first of maybe 50 - 100 that I will be doing.

If you prefer the use of the LSV over the SSV there is a simple amswer. If you make or buy a stand that will hold the LSV in an upright vertical position it can be left running all day without the handle getting warm.

nowonknows,
So jury rig some sort of bizarre stand, and then use only the transfer while its all perched on a table? Seems awkward and impractical, and you forgo the WPA usage. The SSV and DBV are better suited to be left on all day at a usable temperature.

However, the LSV can be left at a low temperature indefinitely, then cranked to 100%, then brought back to desired temp after 1 to 3 minutes. It's now at a usable temperature. If you need your hit like -right- now that isn't ideal, but it's certainly not bad.

charliedontsurf,

Vitolo

Vaporist
charliedontsurf said:
So jury rig some sort of bizarre stand, and then use only the transfer while its all perched on a table? Seems awkward and impractical, and you forgo the WPA usage. The SSV and DBV are better suited to be left on all day at a usable temperature.
However, the LSV can be left at a low temperature indefinitely, then cranked to 100%, then brought back to desired temp after 1 to 3 minutes. It's now at a usable temperature. If you need your hit like -right- now that isn't ideal,but it's certainly not bad.
Glad you understand my point, charliedontsurf!
I will stick with "what is ideal", and recommended by manufafacture. (Who recommends that the LSV not be left on indefinitely)
and yes..... being a patient, I "need my hit right now", 50-100 times a day, and can not afford an extra 2-3 minutes each time I do one.
I will love and honor and use my LSV in it's intended manner and will use it daily!
The fact remains that the LSV, which is my very finest vape... Does not make me feel comfortable sitting turned on all day, but it does get used many times a day! :brow:

Vitolo,

nowonknows

I don't mean something you use the lsv while it holds it. Just a short piece of pipe 4" long that the LSV fits into. Cap one end, cut a strip less then an inch wide down the length of it and continue the cut through to the centre of the cap, attach some legs to it and you have something you can quickly and effortlessly pick the LSV up and drop it back in when done.
I really don't know why 7th floor don't have one on their site, I don't leave mine running all the time, but have for at least 4 hours without the handle getting hot. Without a stand I agree with 7th floor and would not suggest leaving it running for long at all with it laying on a table, 30 minutes at full temp and it can be near painful to hold.
I'm not saying don't use your other vape, just giving a tip if you are having issues or worries about how hot it gets when left on for a while.

nowonknows,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thank you for that noonknows.
We sure love our pure vapor.... that's for damn sure! :brow:

Vitolo,

RumbleShorts

RumbleShorts,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Alright... I will refer new thread readers to the last dozen posts.
I went ahead and adjusted my life for a day... to see if old dogs can learn new tricks!
(Arf Arf!)
Today's "Daily Driver" was my LSV!
I left the main SSV on diffusing oils with my AromaZaps and for my regular large medication dosages (every hour to 90 minutes) I relied on Life Saber. To accomplish this I found a location close to me , for my own feeling of security. I used a padded box, on the windowsill next to computer, with the LSV's knob to prevent roll... and left the LSV at lowest setting all day until needed. The box is attached securly to windowsill near computer, and the power cord is threaded through box, and clamped inside.. so if LSV does find its way off this box, it swings.
To further facilitate this use as a convenient all day tool.... I resorted to use of the straight........
(drum roll)
Shorty Transfer Wand
Unless you are a seasoned vaporist... and can handle hot pure vapor direct from its source.. use the "shorty" direct with caution.
I have moved through the house of course, and used my Zaps when in the Den.... and my MFLB when I was in the pantry....
But I gave the SSV a rest.. and I also put some mileage on the LSV, and I will say that it can be a daily driver for me, were I to not have my SSV.
I still find the SSV to get me a faster hit, and easier stir, with less worry and caution.......
But the LSV with Shorty Transfer Wand kept me medicated!

Edit:
Audio Swap is done!!

Vitolo,

nowonknows

Speaking of stirring, that's one thing I don't like about the lsv, the stirring tool. The type supplied with the extreme-q is a lot better and easier to use with it.

nowonknows,

treecityrnd

I'd like to add my opinion that the cord could be reinforced externally for a slightly more stable feel when constantly using the WPA. Thanks for enduring Ash. Maybe your loss (of a week of LSV love) will be everyone's gain. That wire coil like on many of my power tools would be a nice idea.

nowonknows said:
Speaking of stirring, that's one thing I don't like about the lsv, the stirring tool. The type supplied with the extreme-q is a lot better and easier to use with it.
Totally agree. I was using mine to drop oil on my pads & greens, stirring, etc. FYI- its not made to take heat! Very weak glass and it cracked after a single with the torch. Using sharp glass nails a local had made for me now that are much better quality (i'm also a big proponent of "all glass, all the time" for many reasons)

Also another huge +1 for 7th floor, Ellysa and all those lovely glass people behind the closed doors. Got a couple personally designed glass pieces for my "glass only" setup and everything looks great! No more silicone for TreeCity! My masterpiece is almost complete (mad scientist laughing can be heard in the background)! Also thanks for your input Chris. Your continued presence gives me security the LSV and all 7th floor products will grow with us for years to come!

treecityrnd,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
nowonknows said:

Check these out then. 7th Floor new glass stir tool
GlassPick

They also started carrying glass downstems,and have some new ground glass jars(I bought one already very happy). I didn't see any posts from SSVChris mentioning all the new goodies on the LSV webpage. Check em out, most new stuff I believe is under the "Glass Accessories" heading.

Silver420Surfer,

treecityrnd

Have you tried the glass screens? It looks like too much open area for a good vapor bed. I'd love to see a pick of one placed inside of a DBV or LSV (or SSV hands-free) wand for size comparisons. Or is that even what those are for?

treecityrnd,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
treecityrnd said:
Have you tried the glass screens? It looks like too much open area for a good vapor bed. I'd love to see a pick of one placed inside of a DBV or LSV (or SSV hands-free) wand for size comparisons. Or is that even what those are for?

I believe they are for glass bongs, havent seen any in a hand bowl or wands.

Silver420Surfer,

treecityrnd

That makes more sense.

Elyssa @ 7th floor says the glass star screens are actually meant for regular glass pipes and bowls. However, these screens do not sit into the vaporizer wands very well, and they actually leave spaces that are large enough for material to be sucked down into the tubing.

Thanks again 7floor. Answered my email within an hour.

treecityrnd,

nowonknows

The glass picks look good, if your ordering an lsv and don't already have an eq pick I'd be getting one. They do need to look at something to take the weight off the cord where it enters the base for when it's being used upside down, it'd add less then $1 to the cost of the unit, so there is no reason not to add this to new models. For those that already have one, as I've said earlier just raise a finger and let the cord lay over it, this removes strain from where the cable enters the unit to a safe place.

nowonknows,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I decided that when using my LSV for a daily driver...
I like using the transfer wands best.
I use the Long transfer wand at home, and the Shorty transfer wand when traveling.
The LSV with transfer wand can boast:
All glass vapor path.
Most direct close range hit at high heat that one could ever want.
Amazingly large capacity for a vape with an all glass path and NOTHING between you and herb but 6 inches of unrestricted glass path!

Vitolo,
Top Bottom