Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Dudeson 1882

Yep agreed Mob. When I saw the final price............. :o

Also wondered about the huge announcement. I don't know about anyone else but it stopped me buying as I wanted to wait to see what it was & didn't want to buy & then find out I missed a good deal etc. In the meantime I changed my mind on the LSV.

charliedontsurf said:
Dudeson 1882 said:
CDS your vape collection is incredible. I like your posts & found them v useful as you've tried so many. What is your favourite DD & what one is your overall favourite?

Also I've meant to ask you for a while why some have stars next to them?

Thanks for the kind words, man. I try to be helpful, although sometimes I just run my mouth and think aloud and type waay too much.

I'm actually trying to thin out that incredible collection quite a bit. The stars actually indicate vapes that are for sale/trade, check the for sale section. I think alot of us are culling the herd in preparation for the next wave of groundbreaking, more expensive vapes, like the VXC and perhaps to a lesser extent the Arizer Solo. You can only use one vape at a time, afterall.

My favorite DD is the Magickwand right now. It hits really nicely with my pieces, provides low temp clouds, is about a 7.8 on the efficiency scale and can be cranked for concentrates, although my new wand does not seem as hot as my old wand. It vies with the Vapocane right now as my favorite. Vapocane can be hot as sin, requires no heat up times, has a nice wide-enough bowl which also provides nice clouds. It's also cheap, and deserves greater popularity on this board and elsewhere.

I'll have an opinion on the new HC for the LSV hopefully within a week. Thanks to Chris at 7th floor for being so awesome, I apparently am also being treated to the same burst of excellent customer service others are reporting.

Thanks CDS. Very interesting post & one which I know will end up with me parting with some cash. :)

I'm going to move over to the MW thread as this is the LSV one. I've just read it all and wow you do seem happy with your MW. I think it will be my next vape.

Also the Vapocane is a new one on me. I've just had a look & seen you can get an imported one for 30 & the Europe made full set for 50 direct from the manufacturer. Would you recomend the cheaper option? I'm off to find the Vapocane thread right now.

Dudeson 1882,

nowonknows

I don't know why people are bitching about the price of this unit, it isn't that much more then the ssv but functions considerably better. Glass wand instead of a whip really makes a hugh differance in taste, the way it can be used with a bong is first class, the ground glaqss ball joint type connection minimizes chance of breakage and function wise, you can pull cones as quickly as if you were smoking it. I haven't used anything that compairs to this unit, best taste, hard hitting and gets you there as quick as smoking, if you want a light hit, or after a few bongs just want to stay in the reached mind set, turn it down and use the wand. this is a big improvement on the ssv, if you are going to bitch that it cost more maybe try it first, the tech might be the same but how it functions is such an improvement.

nowonknows,

nowonknows

By the sounds of it I was lucky enough to receive mine after the change to the new glass, came with the shorty wpa, and I haven't been able to fault this setup, but can easily see how annoying it would of been for those who had a wpa without ice pinches.

nowonknows,
So first off, 7th floor customer service kicks ass! I just received an awesome care package from them and will soon have feelings to share about the new heater cover, long and short waterpipe adapters, the shorty wand and the vapor tamer!

It's good to see the company is willing to take such awesome care of us serious vaporists.

charliedontsurf,

Nycdeisel

did you buy those items? or did you just happen upon them :cool:

It is nice to hear that they new & improved glass parts are working better!

Nycdeisel,

Ash057

charliedontsurf said:
So first off, 7th floor customer service kicks ass! I just received an awesome care package from them and will soon have feelings to share about the new heater cover, long and short waterpipe adapters, the shorty wand and the vapor tamer!

It's good to see the company is willing to take such awesome care of us serious vaporists.
Sounds like the package I got Saturday. The new water pipe adapter is perfection! It really completed the LSV. I had been useing the LSV with my stock Luke Wilson slide. It worked OK but missed that perfect seal for best air flow. The new water pipe adapter has a perfect seal with the Spherical Ground Glass connection.
pherical.png

Ash057,
So do you prefer the shorty waterpipe adapter or the tall one? I've only used the tall so far, at about 1-1:30 on the dial. Really nice low temp clouds to be had there!

charliedontsurf,

treecityrnd

Just ordered my LSV today. Been waiting for the new HC and WPA to come out and I haven't seen any negative reviews yet. I express shipped that beast so hopefully I get it before the holiday weekend! Review coming soon...

Thanks to those above with who have reviewed the HC and WPA. Wouldn't have pulled the trigger without your help. :peace:

treecityrnd,

Ash057

treecityrnd said:
Just ordered my LSV today. Been waiting for the new HC and WPA to come out and I haven't seen any negative reviews yet. I express shipped that beast so hopefully I get it before the holiday weekend! Review coming soon...

Thanks to those above with who have reviewed the HC and WPA. Wouldn't have pulled the trigger without your help. :peace:
Enjoy! Hope you get it by the weekend. Get ready for it to be your new best friend!

Ash057,

treecityrnd

Dudeson said:
Also wondered about the huge announcement. I don't know about anyone else but it stopped me buying as I wanted to wait to see what it was & didn't want to buy & then find out I missed a good deal etc. In the meantime I changed my mind on the LSV.

7th Floor just informed me that they are taking down their "BIG announcement" as it is not quite ready for release. Wish I had inside info, but I know nothing (as usual). Didn't stop me! ;) Keep up the great work Chris et al.!

Sky Flower said:
Trust me when I tell you the LSV is not a purchase worthy of its price tag. Just avoid this vape at all costs. The company, 7th Floor, is a joke, with no idea of what true customer service is.

Truly, you'd be better of with a higher quality, reputable vaporizer like the Vapor Brothers. You'll thank me!

In regards to the products, I own a DBV, SSV and soon to be proud owner of an LSV with new HC and WPAs. I couldn't disagree with you more. Owned a VB for years. Great unit. But nothing compares to the SSV or even DBV for price, quality, ease of use, physics and ease of cleaning. In regards to physics, never been a big fan of the downward facing whip (seen some bad thing happen to a good wood box). As far as customer service, I've never had any problem and great feedback.

treecityrnd,

treecityrnd

The LSV arrived today after ordering late Tuesday night. Now thats some fast service. 7th Floor, you made my holiday weekend! Happy 4th of July!!! BOOM goes the dynamite.

Anyway, 7th Floor forgot my glass knob but I'm sure they'll fix it. I'm still impressed with the fast shipping. Nice work 7th Floor. The new HC and WPA work fantastic. I have some older units so hoping to post a side by side comparison soon. :peace:

EDIT: I was contacted by 7th Floor within hours of the original email and FC post. A fix is in the works...

treecityrnd,

Loo

Hello, I join you here, to know if this spray is one of the best of the market, if its quality of vapor is top.

Loo,

mob

mmj over bs
treecityrnd said:
7th Floor just informed me that they are taking down their "BIG announcement" as it is not quite ready for release. Wish I had inside info, but I know nothing (as usual). Didn't stop me! ;) Keep up the great work Chris et al.!

i'm feeling pretty ripped off by this whole "huge announcement coming soon" disappearing act. checked that site for about a week straight. yeah i'm stubborn it stopped me, atleast for now.

mob,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
We definitely apologize for the delay...its not something we wanted, to be sure. We went from a concrete date to an unknown date, and that lasted far too long so until we have another firm date, we felt it best to pull the announcement down. I will this thread updated when I know more.

Vapetologist,

mob

mmj over bs
SSV Chris said:
We definitely apologize for the delay...its not something we wanted, to be sure. We went from a concrete date to an unknown date, and that lasted far too long so until we have another firm date, we felt it best to pull the announcement down. I will this thread updated when I know more.

please do.

btw, do you guys have a FC members promo/discount code?

mob,

treecityrnd

On the new WPA adaptors only:
Is the distance from the ground glass to screen the same for the 14 & 19mm WPA adaptors?
Also, is the diameter of the chamber the same for both adaptors (i.e., do both use the same size screens...unless the 19mm tapers towards the screen ;) )?

treecityrnd,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
There is a small difference in distance on the two versions. Small and negligible, but there is a difference. The screens are the same size, ID of the glass is the same on both sizes.

Vapetologist,

ShadowLink12

Activist
So here is my video and review of the new LSV WPA and HC that I said I was going to do a long time ago, so I grabbed some Maui Mowie and finally found the time to do it.

As far as the review goes, people beat me to the punch so I will keep it brief. The bottom line is that I thought the LSV worked great and was the tastiest vaporizer I have used (so far) before the new glass, and the new WPA and HC create a much better experience than before. They feel much better designed, they seem to be blown more consistent and even, and the bigger hole of the heater cover with the shorter height of the water pipe adapter is a match made in heaven.

WARNING: The video does not have good lighting for showing the hit/cloud, but let me assure you it was huge. I had already taken 3 thick, flavorful low temp vape hits that didn't show really at all on camera so I edited them out. With the new HC and WPA adapter you get immediate and massive clouds, I could see milky thick vapor pouring in a column from the bottom of the WPA the moment I started inhaling.

LSV: New WPA and Heater Cover w/ SGW Waffle

Enjoy, if you have any questions just let me know. :peace:

ShadowLink12,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
btw, do you guys have a FC members promo/discount code?

We do occasionally put them up here for FC members, and they usually last a week or a long holiday weekend. We will put one up in the near future.

Vapetologist,

Vitolo

Vaporist
MY BAD! :uhoh:
I feel like a dunce! I forgot to subscribe to this thread, and I love the LSV concept! :nod:
The LSV captured my interest a while back. I see it as having wonderful applications in my own life.
I like the idea of the extra chamber that holds a 5X larger load... that kind of puts this units versatility of hit types right up there with the SSV! The extra glassware is very appealing as well! :)
Those that have been talking about all glass vapor paths, have the best of both worlds right here!
Ceramic heating element AND all glass.
With it being from 7th Floor LLC, I know it's good!
I love my SSV, and think the world of Da Buddah... now I can hardly stop looking at the LSV website!
I keep thinking.... "hmmm ....I already have that Fatty Vaper tamer" .
A couple of questions.
1- does the unit get too hot to hold with normal usage (a session)?
2- is it easy to set down while turned on.. or are there special considerations?
3- with the added "fatty chamber" does this require multiple stirs as does the SSV/DBV..
or does that directness of the vapor path provide a more uniform volitization?

Vitolo,

Ash057

Vitolo said:
MY BAD! :uhoh:
I feel like a dunce! I forgot to subscribe to this thread, and I love the LSV concept! :nod:
The LSV captured my interest a while back. I see it as having wonderful applications in my own life.
I like the idea of the extra chamber that holds a 5X larger load... that kind of puts this units versatility of hit types right up there with the SSV! The extra glassware is very appealing as well! :)
Those that have been talking about all glass vapor paths, have the best of both worlds right here!
Ceramic heating element AND all glass.
With it being from 7th Floor LLC, I know it's good!
I love my SSV, and think the world of Da Buddah... now I can hardly stop looking at the LSV website!
I keep thinking.... "hmmm ....I already have that Fatty Vaper tamer" .
A couple of questions.
1- does the unit get too hot to hold with normal usage (a session)?
2- is it easy to set down while turned on.. or are there special considerations?
3- with the added "fatty chamber" does this require multiple stirs as does the SSV/DBV..
or does that directness of the vapor path provide a more uniform volitization?
I like the SSV but LOVE the LSV!
1. The LSV will not get too hot too hold during a normal session but can get too hot to hold if left on longer (can still use with a koozie or pot holder)
2. Very easy to set down, I just keep the included padded hemp/velvet bag open and place it inside it so it will not roll off anything. Even though the LSV can get too hot to hold after hours on it hasnt burned the velvet (ALWAYS leave bag open!)
3. The LSV vapes very even but I still prefer to shake/stir a bit.

Ash057,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thanks Ash.. objectively spoken.
I liked that you added "shake/stir".. to give me a more concise picture.. and I see that you attemnpt a good shake before resorting to stirring, and this sounds successful.
I also now understand that the biggest issue is conveniently setting the unit down. I am well practice with reflexivly rolling my whip and sitting the wand in the SSV bag.
Photoon2011-05-04at1853.jpg

This has become second nature to me, and I never lose a crumb. I can see that I could easily accustomize myself with sitting the LSV down in its bag too!
:)

Vitolo,

nowonknows

Leaving the LSV on and sitting on a table for 5 minutes does result in it getting pretty hot to the touch, but still not too hot to handle. I want a stand for it and might make one, it gets hot when laying on a table but if it had a stand that held it vertically or even on a 45degree or less angle with the element end being at the top it would reduce how hot the handle end of it gets a fair bit.

nowonknows,
So, in all, I think the LSV is a damn good vape. I prefer it to my DBV and imagine I would prefer it to a SSV.

If the old WPA had problems with the screen moving around, the new design is basically glued in place. You don't need to worry about upsetting it and sending half a bowl into the water. The way the ground glass meets the ground glass of the HC makes a air tight seal and allow for very nice clouds. I am having trouble deciding whether I prefer the long WPA or the short WPA.

The vaportamer is an awesome concept, but the older style vaportamer carries too little glycerin to stay cold for long. You might get 10-25 minutes of cooled vapor depending on the breaks. My one did not however feel like it has a constricted air path, like others have talked about. The vaportamer should have a screen in its bottom just like the transfer wands do, otherwise material can get sucked up and stuck on the cold glass.

Hits off the shorty transfer wand are smooth and tasty. While I do by and large prefer using the LSV with water pieces and the WPAs, there is nothing wrong with the transfer. I don't at all feel like the shorty creates uncomfortably hot vapor, and while I haven't used a long transfer wand, I feel like I would not want it any longer - I feel no need to get the long wand.

Heat retention seems somehow better than my DBV, maybe just because it's a new unit versus an older unit. I know they are identical heating element from factory so this seems unlikely. What I've been doing is starting at 11 o'clock, then ramping slowly to 2 o'clock, with a tiny bump up usually with every hit I take. I think this helps compensate for some of the heat retention issues of the element, and it isn't inconvenient in any way since you're actively handling the unit all the time unlike the other two 7th floor models.

Efficiency seems high, higher with the WPA than with the transfer. A single lotus scoop seems to provide about 10 hits. Probably not a conservation dynamo like the log vapes, but still quite efficient.

On the heat issue, even with the temperature near-cranked, I never find the LSV too hot to hold. I haven't had a session over about two hours yet, but it hasn't been an issue. I actually tend to grab the lsv by the drilled section over the heating element, even when its hot - it's just pleasantly warm in my hands, not uncomfortably so.

Build quality: 9/10.
Hit taste quality: 7.5/10
Efficiency: 8/10
Cloud production: 8.5/10
Ease of use and Ergonomics: 7/10
Customer support insofar: 9.5/10
Overall: 8.4/10

Edit: It's worth adding that the hemp bag is comes with is awesome. It's very well padded with tons of storage space - I use it for transporting other vapes, glass, even photo equipment. I just kind of wish it had a long strap for slinging over your shoulder.

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom