Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Vitolo

Vaporist
nowonknows said:
You are right Vitolo, I tried doing what I suggested and only the side i was aiming for got dark. I just thought as the air was being suck through from the stem it wouldn't make much of a difference but I stand corrected.
The most important part of all of this is that we learn from each other about that which we love... effectively breathing Vapor!
That LSV rocks... and you noonknows.. rock too! :D

Vitolo,

Tuck

Out of curiosity, could I buy an LSV heater cover and turn my SSV into a poor man's LSV?

Tuck,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have actually used my LSV transfer wand against the HC of my SSV for a fast hit!
You may just be able to do this with the hands free heater cover and a transfer wand.
The HC would fit for sure... and you could use the transfer wand, as well as the Vaper tamer..
but you may find using that setup difficult to use as a water tool (the SSV would be too "unwieldy)
As a straight shooter with transfer wands.. I would say yes! :)

Vitolo,

Raf007

Retailer
Arf777 this piece of glass looks amazing !!

If it doesn't work for you...I would be happy to buy it from you for 500 USD :D

Raf007,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
Planning on taking our LSV with us in our camper next trip. Does anybody know the electrical specs? Want to get the right size converter. Anybody use theirs with a 12v converter? If so, what size converter?

Sinclue,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I know people use standard car cig lighter electric adapters to run SSVs..
This sounds like a great camper trip for the LSV!
Have fun!

Vitolo,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
The one I have is only rated for 75w (110a/c). I think its the smallest one made so I kind of doubt it is powerful enough. All depends on the current draw of the LSV. If I know that I can figure out what size to get I think...that is unless someone already has such a setup and can share the specifics??????

Sinclue,

Ash057

The LSV I purchased in Dec. failed Sunday.
Now I have to be without my vape until repaired plus pre-pay $27.76 shipping to 7th Floor.
(they wont accept it if sent priority mail thru USPS for $5)
Lots of trouble for a $300 vape that broke in less than a year.

The power light and heating element shuts off when the cord is moved. There is a bad connection with the cord as the light comes back on when the cord is held just right.

Previous to this I had a SSV (wishing now I didnt give it away) The LSV seems to use the same cord as the SSV but the nature of the LSV demands a sturdy and flexible power cord.

When used with the water adapter the cord is always bent with gravity. A metal spring strain relief would help with cord issues. (even cheaper rubber or plastic strain relief would be better than nothing)

example
3002.jpg

With no strain relief I bet lots of LSV's start to fail with daily use due to a constantly moving cord with no protection.

Ash057,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Ash057 said:
A metal spring strain relief would help with cord issues. (even cheaper rubber or plastic strain relief would be better than nothing)
This is positive feedback, Ash and I am sure it will be looked at.
Not a bad idea either.
Others out there will find something to complain about.. but you tried at least to give a positive solution to what you found to be an issue.
You also did not resort to negativity... and reported this calmly as a bug.
Sorry to hear that the shipping is high. At least you can rest assured it will get sent back to you in that same fashion!

Vitolo,

Ash057

Vitolo said:
Ash057 said:
A metal spring strain relief would help with cord issues. (even cheaper rubber or plastic strain relief would be better than nothing)
This is positive feedback, Ash and I am sure it will be looked at.
Not a bad idea either.
Others out there will find something to complain about.. but you tried at least to give a positive solution to what you found to be an issue.
You also did not resort to negativity... and reported this calmly as a bug.
Sorry to hear that the shipping is high. At least you can rest assured it will get sent back to you in that same fashion!

Thanks for your kind words Vitolo but there is NOTHING positive about this at all. They are asking me to pay more for their flawed product!

I have never heard of a company charging for return shipping to fix their defective product.

Herb Iron and Vriptech VHW all use heavy duty cords with strain relief. 7th Floor really dropped the ball on this one.

Currently I cant rest assured about anything. The cause of the problem must be fixed. The customer service rep didnt even acknowledge my suggestions on how to fix the problem. Unless they change / improve the cord design this vape will continue to fail.

Ash057,

Vitolo

Vaporist
There is something positive here... first off now others are aware of what you a seasoned vaporist have determined to be a "weak link".
And... you can not take back the fact that you made a suggestion... more positive stuff
The person you spoke to may not have acknowledged because they may not be in the know, and LSV specifics may not be in her repertoire yet.
I am sure you will be contacted once they see what your issue is here!
I don't blame you in the least for feeling inconvenienced. But it aint all over yet.

Vitolo,
The cord could be heavier duty, it's true in my opinion. So could the MW, Herbo, all 7th floor vapes, I hear the log vapes, and probably 80% of vaporizers. The HA has a very nice, heavy duty cord which others should ape.

"continue to fail" is an overstatement I think, the LSV, DBV and SSV are all good products, they just need a better cord. And maybe a slightly beefier heating element as long as I'm riffing.

charliedontsurf,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Ash057 said:
I have never heard of a company charging for return shipping to fix their defective product.

We state very clearly on our warranty page: ( http://lifesabervaporizer.com/info/warranty.html )
Sending Your Unit in for Repair

What is required for repair work?

Shipping costs for repairs must be prepaid before sending in your unit. You must call or email customer service at 866-835-6418 or customercare@7thfloor.biz. Once payment is made for shipping, we will email you a return shipping label that is requred for sending a unit in for repair. Packages that do not have one of these shipping labels will be refused.

This is the first report we have had of this happening, so saying that it is a flawed product is quite inaccurate. Despite our efforts to the contrary, nothing in life is 100% fail-proof. But I assure you every member of this company works their ass off to ensure we put out the best. But...life happens. We build them so that you could swing them by the power cord with force and there is no issue (We obviously do not recommend swinging the vapes...) As a company we rely heavy on positive feedback and often do not just hear it, but heed it as well, as has been displayed on this very forum with our redesigned HC and WPA. Our company is made up of people just like you all. We get it..we want only the highest quality for ourselves, and expect nothing less for our customers. We do appreciate your suggestion and agree that it might be something to look into if we see that this occurs again with *any* frequency. But a design change is not warranted for one electrical/mechanical failure. We will obviously monitor this situation to see if any other issue develops.

This shipping total (both ways, which I know only softens it slightly) is clearly stated company policy. Now that being said, we obviously have no intention on having your LSV sit around. So if you send us you unit back, I will personally make sure that we make it worth your while.

Vapetologist,
Reactions: kertong

Vitolo

Vaporist
SSV Chris said:
...... So if you send us you unit back, I will personally make sure that we make it worth your while.
Ash.. I would take Chris's word on this, and go with it. The man's word is rock solid! :2c:

Vitolo,

Ash057

SSV Chris said:
Ash057 said:

We state very clearly on our warranty page: ( http://lifesabervaporizer.com/info/warranty.html )
Sending Your Unit in for Repair

What is required for repair work?

Shipping costs for repairs must be prepaid before sending in your unit. You must call or email customer service at 866-835-6418 or customercare@7thfloor.biz. Once payment is made for shipping, we will email you a return shipping label that is requred for sending a unit in for repair. Packages that do not have one of these shipping labels will be refused.

This is the first report we have had of this happening, so saying that it is a flawed product is quite inaccurate. Despite our efforts to the contrary, nothing in life is 100% fail-proof. But I assure you every member of this company works their ass off to ensure we put out the best. But...life happens. We build them so that you could swing them by the power cord with force and there is no issue (We obviously do not recommend swinging the vapes...) As a company we rely heavy on positive feedback and often do not just hear it, but heed it as well, as has been displayed on this very forum with our redesigned HC and WPA. Our company is made up of people just like you all. We get it..we want only the highest quality for ourselves, and expect nothing less for our customers. We do appreciate your suggestion and agree that it might be something to look into if we see that this occurs again with *any* frequency. But a design change is not warranted for one electrical/mechanical failure. We will obviously monitor this situation to see if any other issue develops.

This shipping total (both ways, which I know only softens it slightly) is clearly stated company policy. Now that being said, we obviously have no intention on having your LSV sit around. So if you send us you unit back, I will personally make sure that we make it worth your while.

Chris I didnt mean to offend. I dont think I would be so passionate about the issue if I didnt have so much love for it. Could be cause my time without it is already making me cranky?

The lack of strain relief on the cord was a concern from the beginning, but didnt think it would be a problem so quickly. Hopefully it will not be a problem again!

I already shipped the package. I am hoping it will be delivered quickly.

Ash057,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Ash....
That was well spoken.
I live in Tucson Arizona. If you live in my area send me a Private Message.. I will lend you a vape while yours is gone. (hehe... it won't be my LSV) ;)

Vitolo,
Reactions: kertong

Ash057

Thanks for the kind offer Vitolo. I have a few older vapes in the garage but will probably stick with my trusty MFLB while I keep an eye out for the UPS man.

Ash057,
Chris took really, really good care of me when I had an issue with my LSV. Now that he's personally involved, you can expect completely stellar servie.

charliedontsurf,

nowonknows

Where the cable exits the lsv is a bit of a concern for me, has been since I got it. This is only when used with the wpa, I was going to ask how thick the surrounding metal is where it exits in the past but don't think I ever did. Anyway to prevent any issues is pretty simple, when ever I use it with the wpa I hold it towards the base and extend a finger to support the cable a few inches above where it exits the unit. I've thought to myself since owning this one of those springs shown above would of been a good idea.

One other thing I think could of been slightly better designed is to do with use with the vapor tamer. The VT's have a bit of weight to them, holding the lsv upright with the vt attached makes it quite top heavy. When passing it around, a bit of movement in angle see's some movement in the hc and I can see it eventually breaking off at the bottom. If the vt had a rubber base or something to take some of the weight off the hc and put it onto the body of the lsv this would help, personally I just use it upside down to fix this problem. I wounder if all of this would make sense to anyone other then myself right now :ko:

nowonknows,

Vitolo

Vaporist
cluffy invented a silicone sleeve that acts as a kind of bushing, for that feeling of added security.
I do understand the concept you speak of, and I worried a bit as well... but I have used the VT with the LSV enough now to where it never worries me any longer... there is enough play in the HC to accomodate the movement.. and I have given it a workout!

Vitolo,

Ash057

Mrimpossible said:
LSV Vape for sale on Miami Craigslist today....Is $200 a good deal?
Not sure if its going to be under warranty without the receipt from a valid reseller.

Ash057,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It looks like a good deal.
You do not know the guy.
Maybe he tried to use it, and something went wrong.. that he can blame later on the shipping process.
There are honest good people out there, but there are rogues also.
You need to find out the condition of the transfer wand, and the WPA.
I wish you could see it in person first.
If he is in your area and you can see it.. then yes jump on it.
I am afraid to advise if you do not get to look at it.
"Never Used" is a big promise for $150 off on a new vape.
Let's see what other users think!

Vitolo,
Top Bottom