Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

treecityrnd

Please remember this is my opinion and not fact. Some data has been collected and some findings are reported. Hopefully I will have time to update this in the future...

Rating System: 5 = Best, 1 = Poor

Ease of Use :) :) :) :)
Very shallow learning curve for anyone who has used a vaporizer before. The WPA takes slightly more practice since it does not operate like other 7th Floor products (DBV, hands-free SSV). However (as will be detailed later) the spherical ground glass is amazing once you understand the basic physics. For someone who has never vaped, I would suggest a low heat full length transfer wand to start. Like the DBV, its just here is the mouthpiece, inhale normally kind of easy.

Efficiency :) :) :) :) 1/2
Transfer wand: possibly the most efficient vape on the market besides the MFLB. Pure vapor from an adjustable ceramic element in all glass pathwayperfection.
WPA: I think I am getting better as some WP techniques to decrease the vapor:air ratio. I do not believe this is a flaw of the LSV, but more my ignorance of perfect WP technique. I just wasnt one of those kids in college (we made our own with old liquor bottles, Belvedere & Chopin vodka were awesome with the frosting and window). So as I become more adept with both the WPA and advanced WP physics (i.e., high-end glass), the WPA is quickly becoming my favorite part of the LSV.

Taste :) :) :) :) :D
Both the WPA and transfer wand offer the cleanest taste available. The transfer wand is almost perfect at low temperatures (I say almost but I cannot suggest anything that would make it better. But nothing perfect, right?) The WPA is amazing and the cooled vapor through ice or other water methods is just as if not more flavorful. The important part for me is that this level of taste can be achieved at any time because of the all glass chamber. Once cleaned, everything will function as brand new and you will only get pure vapor taste. The taste is really something that must be experienced to believe.

Heat :) :) :)
Many (including myself before purchase) often ask of the heat of the unit during and after use. After 3 minutes, the unit will achieve full temperature. Using an IR temp gun and pliable thermometer (wrap around the unit), reading were taken at 2 minute intervals for 30 minutes and 5 minute intervals after that. With the dial at 1:30pm (just a point of reference for internal consistency), the outer shell of the device went from 65.4F at start to 80.6F at the 20 minute timepoint. The heat was dissipated throughout the device shell with no part really being +/-5F (except the base at the power input which never went over 75F). At the 35 minute time point the device was at 88.2F. This was constant through the 45 minute timepoint (the last one I took as I dont believe it will get hotter). As the dial was turned up, the temperature of the outer casing also increased. I achieved a maximum temp of 93.2F with the dial around 3pm (max I would imagine anyone would want to vape). The case readings do not have perfect external validity as there are differences in what a 1:30pm temperature is for each person. IR temperatures were taken of the element, but these reading are not very accurate (especially if you understand how an IR therm works). Personally I dont enjoy picking up things that are 88 degrees, so short sessions or
I would suggest a heat pad of some sort for your LSV. If you are like me, you are a creature of habit. I put my LSV down in the same place after use every time, pick it up the same, etc. This will prevent any heat-related warping of wood tables, etc. when you repeatedly place the LSV down in the same place. Also, a nice pad can prevent any accidental slippage if the table is slick of you bump it. I picked up a fire resistant heat blanket from home depot that works perfect. I could cut it to the exact size I needed. It is about a centimeter thick so its also padded.

Stability :) :) :) 1/2
Device is extremely sturdy and I believe will be very durable based on others experiences. When you place it down on a flat surface, it might be pulled by the weight of the cord if the surface is slick. The above mentioned heat pad completely prevents this problem. The rating is low only because compared to other plug-in devices, this is very easy to knock off a table or mishandle. It is not a failure of the product. The product is doing exactly what it is supposed to do, be a portable plug-in. Thats a tough accomplishment.

New Upgrades :) :) :) :) :)
HC: still bent as previous posters have stated about the original HC, but it doesnt affect function so who cares. The new glass is much more efficient and has a much better vapor:air ratio than the older HC. In addition, the new HC greatly increases the airflow in the area of vaporization thus creating a more even heating IMO.
WPA: the ice pinches are a vast improvement. No more spillage and you can still change your screen anytime. I only have the 14mm and there is a slight difference in the length from heat source to point of vaporization, so I cannot speak exactly for the 19mm piece. I will update this section shortly
Overall both changes truly are upgrades and I highly recommend purchasing them immediately. It really is a vastly different product for those with the older pieces.

Overall :) :) :) :) 1/2
One of the best and most versatile products on the market. A key feature of the LSV (or any hands-free 7th Floor product) is that you can blast anything through the screen you want and not care. The physics are perfect. Everything is cleanable and the angle of heating usually prevents spillage into the heating element/core (as compared to the VB/box units). The LSV is even more superior in this respect as there is no whip tubing, etc. All glass, all cleanable. The screens are very easy to replace. So any oil/gunk can be fixed with a fresh screen. Any taste can be washed out. And add this to the already great WPA = amazing. I believe the only points to be taken away are from the heat of the unit after extended use.

7th Floor Customer Service :) :) :) :) :)
I ordered my LSV Express mail and it arrived two days after purchase. Very impressive. In addition, 7th Floor accidentally forgot my glass knob. Elyssa and Chris went out of their way to make sure I got exactly the colors I wanted (its beautiful) and also included extra screens for both the HC and WPA. This was done on my doorstep in less than a week. I could not be happier with the customer service I received from 7th Floor and their representatives. Thank you all, expecially Elyssa and Chris!

After much vaporizer testing and scientific research, I am a full 7th Floor Junkie. Proud owner of a RainbowZen SSV, Black SSV w/ glass and now the LSV! I will be looking into some custom transfer wands soon. A blue one would look amazing with my glass knob ;)

treecityrnd,

nowonknows

There's no differance in function of the 14mm and 19mm wpa's. They both look to be the same in all aspects until you get to the stems, both hit the same. Also I think this would be a top vape for beginners, given how hard hitting it is with the wpa it's ideal for heavy bong smokers to use to make the switch. When using it with the wpa i set the dial at 3 and use around 0.1gm, inhale real slow until lungs are at around 3/4 capacity, then remove the lsv from the wpa and clear the bong. This strips each bowl in two hits with a stirr inbetween, I've been vaping for 6 years with various products but always still smoked a bowl now and then when the vapes weren't cutting it, but since having the lsv I've had no desire to smoke.

nowonknows,

ShadowLink12

Activist
nowonknows said:
I've been vaping for 6 years with various products but always still smoked a bowl now and then when the vapes weren't cutting it, but since having the lsv I've had no desire to smoke.

This is exactly why I love the LSV, there is something about its simple straightforward design that feels very similar to the simplicity of smoking, a sort of elegant simplicity that can be missed sometimes. The idea that with your bong you have a bowl, and a heat source is exactly the same as smoking, but without combustion. Of course when using the transfer wand the idea of it being like smoking is a bit lost, but removing the tubing from the equation is pretty much the best thing ever. I love my EQ, and it probably is harder hitting and a bit more consistent than my lsv, but I only use it for the occasional balloon with groups now, I can't stand the way the tubing taints the experience, in taste and removing that classic smoking like experience.

ShadowLink12,

mob

mmj over bs
so after milling it over for a while and checking the 7th floor website daily for there huge announcement and also keeping up in-here for a promo code, i decided to bite the bullet and just pay full retail price:(
did about 20 minutes of shopping got my total just under $500 went to checkout and no paypal option?
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu:mad:

mob,
So the LSV is a whip vape, too, if you care to make it one. While I was cleaning some glass pieces from several vaporizers, I noticed that you can slide a DBV whip equipped with an Arizer elbow joint or any type of "vapor adapter" type piece into the LSV. Just put a larger size, flexible sceen into the male GonG connection, just like with the transfer. I actually put it way lower than my transfer came from factory, so the contents of the bowl cannot get as far away from the heater.

Hits are basically the same as the DBV, as one would expect. You'll of course want to orientate the LSV 45 or more degrees upward for best results. Also, a proper vapor adapter can be used as a shorter transfer wand if you desire. Use a screen as above. I found my glassmansdoll adapter makes a great little tranfer.

charliedontsurf,

treecityrnd

charliedontsurf said:
So the LSV is a whip vape, too, if you care to make it one. While I was cleaning some glass pieces from several vaporizers, I noticed that you can slide a DBV whip equipped with an Arizer elbow joint or any type of "vapor adapter" type piece into the LSV. Just put a larger size, flexible sceen into the male GonG connection, just like with the transfer. I actually put it way lower than my transfer came from factory, so the contents of the bowl cannot get as far away from the heater.

Hits are basically the same as the DBV, as one would expect. You'll of course want to orientate the LSV 45 or more degrees upward for best results. Also, a proper vapor adapter can be used as a shorter transfer wand if you desire. Use a screen as above. I found my glassmansdoll adapter makes a great little tranfer.

I lay mine flat on my heat pad and you essentially have a DBV...it just can't be left on all day ;)

The joints/ends are one of my favorite parts about the 7th floor products. Everything is interchangeable (you can stick your transfer wand into your DBV for an all glass base unit, if properly positioned). I had a local blow me a Sherlock-style transfer wand. I'll post pics once I get a chance. But picture your glass VG with a male-7th floor joint instead of the female joint on the VG.

I'm a big fan of conservation. I use a dry Roor pill bottle ash (resin) catcher on my WP. Then only use the WPA with the dry catcher attached to any of my WPs. Now you can QWISO all that goodness you catch! And man can you get a great buildup. Imagine all the resin in your DBV wand, whip tube and mouthpiece (and lungs) collected in a nice glass chamber for easy extraction. I use a straight downstem so it all goes directly into the ash catcher. No diffusers or percs. I can get that after I attach it to my WP of choice. It also allows you to use the resin catcher with any WP, take it with you in your LSV bag, etc.

The versatility of 7th floor products are endless!

treecityrnd,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
Hey treecityrnd I am really interested to see your pics of the resin catcher. I quite like that idea. My question is, why do you need to useqwiso to get the resin out of your collector? If it's a glass piece then yOu should be able to simply heat it up (gently) until the resin is viscous enough to pour/drip into a dish. That is how I reclaim my curve, works great.

notmyrealUSERname,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I've thought long and hard about what some "purists" have been saying about an all glass vapor path.
I have my favorite vapes, that I would never stop using or part with.
My Zaps are my pride. The short wood or polyethylene stems are enjoyable to me.
My Launch boxes can't be replaced for stealth or for remote locations.
My NO2 functions perfectly for extended sessions on the go on a pinch of herb.
I own and use the most solid state, uncomplicated vape in the world.. the Standard SSV the Silver Surfer!
NOW FOR AN ALL GLASS VAPOR PATH
I read the threads over the past months on the new units being developed with glass. There were things about each of these units that put me off. I won't go into that, since this is the LSV thread, and not the place to tell what I did not like about the others.
After 6 months of thought, I decided that the highest quality vape with an all glass path to be the Life Saber (LSV) from 7th Floor LLC. It incorporates the same heating element as the SSV and DBV, an inert metal encased in ceramic. It can be used with a short or long pyrex transfer wand. It has a glass waterpipe adapter that allows direct application of the LSV to an Ice chamber or bong, in the fashion of the "heat wand". It can be connected directly to the Fatty Vapor Tamer also (in fact the long or short transfer wands can be added on top of that!
All glass, and can be used 3 distinct ways. It can be used as a butane free lighter as well. It is small and easy to travel with. It has a 10 foot chord.
This is my choice for a "purists" vape.
This is my next stop on the Vapor Trail!
Here you see me with a bag that was delivered today. No peeking until I get to look at all of it well!
I will be taking some pictures, and making a report soon!
Photoon2011-07-22at16422.jpg

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am going to have to say all that I will need to say about this vape in more than one post.
Today I will tell about my impressions as I looked at the contents of my bag.
1.jpg

Visible was the rock solid cylinder that is the LSV, and in the corner a stirring pick stuck in the label.
2.jpg

Hidden in Ultra thick, and well padded pockets were two more objects. A long glass rod (the Vapor Tube), and the Water adapter.
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

The glass Vapor tube fits snuggly into it's ground glass connection at the end of the Saber.
7.jpg

The cap unscrews from the LSV to reveal the coonector, which is shaped like a spherical ground glass connector on the outside surface.
8.jpg

9.jpg

With the cap off, the ground glass Heater cover fits snuggly against the water adapter.
10.jpg

11.jpg
And due to it's spherical nature, you can aim the heat in any direction into your bowl.
12.jpg

And... for the bad ass heavy hitters out there, the WaterPipe Adapter comes with this huge chamber as well!
Photoon2011-07-24at18135.jpg

Don't be fooled by the apparent simplicity of the items I have shown here. This is serious vape tool, and due to it's value, and the present number of owners of this vape, I wish to post my impressions carefully.
Next post will be about the units use!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

:D

Im not sure I have ever been more excited for a vape review! haha :haw:

The pictures are good man, but wheres the "Light Saber" pose ? :lol:
:cool:

:peace:

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
First I want to talk about the transfer wand method of using this vape.
I will say that this is no toy. The LSV is a Vaporist's Vaporizer, and is not for the "casual experimenter".
Using the transfer wand one can go from Zero to "Totally Medicated" in seconds.
You can load a tiny pinch, or load as much as you might load into an SSV/DBV wand.
The transfer wand with the LSV is extremely easy to use. You suck some herb into the end as you would with the SSV wand.
I aim the LSV toward the ground to put the transfer wand in place. One inhalation with the wand in this position will let the herb, sort of stick itself in place, and then I am free to move the Life Saber in any direction I want.
There is very open, unrestricted air flow, and I found that I could inhale as fast as I could breath if I chose. The taste of this Vapor is 100% pure!
The video lacks my usual verbal rundown, as I turned the unit on, and got busy.
One wand can give you up to 6 or 7 hits exactly as full as you see me take here. I only took 3 hits, and you will see me turn the unit off, as I was fully medicated, and there was no use going further.
I will be posting a few Transfer Wand tips.. I will also be most likely ordering the "Shorty Transfer Wand", as the long one has proven to be even more than promised.
I will talk about he Water Method of using the LSV later on!

Touch image to see 3 brief hits using the LSV with Transfer Wand

*Note.. the Vapor Tamer is interchangeable with the Transfer Wand, for frozen hits!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

Gosh Vitolo, You are keeping us on the edge of our seats waiting for each 'part' of your review(at least me anyway, I have been watching your LSV like a hawk!) :bowdown:

Those look like some damn fine and tasty rips you are getting there, I can tell its very enjoyable :brow:

I can tell that this unit is no toy! I would still like to try one at some point in time. For now I am going to watch you use it :p

Thanks for contributing, it is appreciated

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Well Deez.. I am not doing it to keep you in suspense. This vape gives such hellacious hits, that I require time to "come in for a landing" each time I play!
I promise the water pipe use review to be revealing. ;)
(could you tell I was pretty well medicated at the end there?)

Vitolo,
Reactions: kertong

Nycdeisel

haha

I saw the way you looked at it before the last hit! :D

those hits would be a nice match for my Supreme

Nycdeisel,

nowonknows

Hey Vitolo, could you tell me where the temp dial was positioned and how much herb was used in your video?

nowonknows,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I filled the wands herb area 1/2 way.
I had just turned the unit on.. to full as I began.
The first hit was at about 4:00 on the dial.. you will notice, that I turn the temp down after each hit.
The second hit was at about 2:00 on the dial.
The last hit was at 1:00 on the dial.
The position I like best when using the transfer wand is at 2:00, but I started at a high heat today and moved back down to my usual setting in the interest of showing a fast heatup, so I could "get down to business".
Using the Water Adapter (which I will talk about later) I go higher... 3:00- 3:30on the dial.. depending, a bit lower for the shorter WPA.

Vitolo,

Ash057

Vitolo did you not get the instructions with your LSV? Your using it backwards! You need to start with lower temps and move to higher temps until material is spent.

Vitolo said:
I filled the wands herb area 1/2 way.
I had just turned the unit on.. to full as I began.
The first hit was at about 4:00 on the dial.. you will notice, that I turn the temp down after each hit.
The second hit was at about 2:00 on the dial.
The last hit was at 1:00 on the dial.
The position I like best when using the transfer wand is at 2:00.
Using the Water Adapter (which I will talk about later) I go higher... 3:00- 3:30on the dial..

Ash057,

Vitolo

Vaporist
@Ash
I have read the instructions.
I was asked exactly what technique I used for that video... and I told the technique I used.
The instructions you point out actually say.."When you start out you should try a lower setting....",
It does not say in the instructions to start low and move temp higher until weed is done.... even though this is a generally accepted technique!
I started high.. so I could hurry up and get you guys a show.. and I went down to my more usual temp when I confirmed I was happy with the vapor level.. yet before the heat was able to "toast' any of that precious herb.
In the vid you saw I got 3 full hits.. and then took a break. ... and I came back and got 4 more exactly like it (all at 2:00 on the dial.. due to correct warmup time-since there was no "camera running").
The herb I dumped out was the color of coffee with cream.
I understood the directions, and have used the LSV, within the instructions guidelines.. which also say that " After using the unit you will find your perfect settings"... which I did. :)
My technique of using higher heat for the first hit , and reducing the heat slightly for my following hits is how I sped up the warmup from 2 minutes to the small time that it required to make the video. (Speeding up heatup time also is in the manual)
The LSV is a vaporists tool.. with no temperature settings, as it is expected that anyone buying one of these will know how to adjust the heat by feel.
I thank you for your input. I truly do... and I assure you that I not only read.. but posted my LSV instructions on the wall.. next to the instructions from all other vapes I work with and use.
I did not use standard techniques to do those 3 hits... because I was rushing the heatup time!
Have used the LSV a couple dozen times, and no burnt herb yet....
Today I will use the frozen Vaper Tamer with it! :)

Vitolo,
Reactions: kertong

Nycdeisel

Good luck with the vapor tamer! I loved seeing you use it with the SSV so Im sure this will be even better! I know you will show the LSV+vapor tamer setup eventually :D

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is taking me time to carefully review, partially because I get so very baked each time I try! :lol:
The LSV is deceptively simple, but you can't judge a book by it's cover, and discovering this units power is taking a couple of days.
Let's talk Vaper Tamer.
The ground glass connection on the VT is exactly the same as the transfer wand. You add a screen to the tamer, and load and vape... that simple....
but watch out! This bad boy packs the same wallop that it did through the transfer wand.. only it was so cold... and ever so slightly restricted, that it made it feel like I was in the Alpines skiing!
Still1-5.jpg

Vitolo,

treecityrnd

Vitolo said:
It is taking me time to carefully review, partially because I get so very baked each time I try! :lol:
The LSV is deceptively simple, but you can't judge a book by it's cover, and discovering this units power is taking a couple of days.
Let's talk Vaper Tamer.
The ground glass connection on the VT is exactly the same as the transfer wand. You add a screen to the tamer, and load and vape... that simple....
but watch out! This bad boy packs the same wallop that it did through the transfer wand.. only it was so cold... and ever so slightly restricted, that it made it feel like I was in the Alpines skiing!
Touch me for a chilling experience!
Looking good Vito!
One persons forwards is another persons backward :) To each his own.
Thanks for the pics of the vapor tamer. Great size comparison. Now I see why one wouldn't want to use the full sized transfer wand with the tamer.
And I agree on the WPA temp settings. You need it a little higher to achieve the same temp at point of vaporization (assuming constant draw speed) due to the length of the WPA chamber. Especially with the 14mm one.

treecityrnd,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I do go up in temp when I am vaping, until my herb is maxed.. as I said, I was showing a rapid heatup, and "gettin' down to biz".
About the WPA. The marvelous part is that when unscrewed the cap that provides the opening for the wands does come off. When removed it reveals the entire HC which is spherical in nature, allowing great aiming.
I am new at using water, so I need practice, pulling out my downstem, and clearing these ultra thick hits. I used the shorter WPA, because, a pinch seems to go a very long way with the LSV/WPA combo.. and I did not think I was quite ready for "The Big Bowl"!
Still1-1.jpg

"Fantastic!"

Vitolo,
Top Bottom