Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

lwien

Yeah, I've tried the wand about a dozen times. I like hitting my LSV through mah bong a LOT better. The only time I use the wand is when stoner laziness sets in.

Pesci

Ack I haven't used the wand since my male/male adapters arrived. Even on the lowest temp setting it dries the back of my throat out something rotten, it ended up getting used as a WPA. LSV only ever goes through water now.

Also m0sh have you tried an EQ screen in the male joint of your wand yet?

Pesci,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I did a wee bit of modding to my Silver LSV today :D

Detachable Power Cord :brow:
My next step is going to be removing the endcap, drilling out the hole a tiny bit, and having the wire guard on the female socket sitting flush inside the endcap.
I'm also gonna throw a bit of heat-shrink tubing in there for some added protection, but I'm happy with how it turned out for 15 minutes of work :D

My original plan was to have a new endcap made so that I could house the female socket inside the LSV Body:

Unfortunately, it doesn't fit perfectly, it only screws on about a quarter of a turn.
It still holds on fine, but I'd never be happy with it if I'd left it like that.

I got it machined for me a few months ago, the guy was nice enough to do it off the books for me so it only cost me $30 instead of $2-300 (Prototyping isn't cheap evidently - that cost would be for doing an official design on the computer, then machining time. The cost per unit is very high for a single piece, but relatively cheap for 100+[where it would've averaged back down to $25ish])
I would've gone back and had another made, but since the guy was already doing it off the books, I didn't want to impose.

So today I went down to the electronics shop and got a few adapters, total cost $12.65.
The only flaw is that I don't know the polarity of the colored wires inside the LSV.
That means that the only cord I can use with it is the custom one I made, since a stock kettle cord might have different layout of the Positive, Negative, and Ground wires.
For my custom cord it was easy enough to just make sure the colors match up :)

I'll probably get another endcap made for me again eventually, it'll look a lot neater then.
Here's a pic of the custom endcap lined up with the stock endcap to show how much longer it would've been if it had worked :brow:

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
That's a pretty cool idea...good luck with the finish :)

I can't wait to use my HT with the LSV..................!

m0sh,
Reactions: Vitolo

Dr. Yan-I-Tor

12 stories tall made of radiation
Finally got a tracking number for my black lsv! I ordered it last Friday, and asked for a custom knob so I'm actually surprised things are moving as quickly as they are.

I can't wait for this thing!

Qbit

cannabanana
Hey LSV owners, I'm curious - what's the record on the reliability of the LSV? I haven't read much of this thread since the early days, and one thing that concerned me at the time was that a number of units were having troubles, and had to be returned. So now that it's been almost 2 and a half years I wondering how it has proven itself. Were those early troubles just teething problem?

I'm an SSV user, an a major reason I bought it was because of it's extremely good record for reliability and durability. I'm an Australian, and I don't want to have to be thinking about returns for repairs, even if they're under warranty, due to the shipping costs. And so I'd like to know if I can recommend the LSV to friends, but I don't want to vouch for something that has a significant chance of dying. I considered the fact that the LSV, unlike the SSV and DBV, isn't left stationary, but rather held in the hand, and so being picked up and put down and bumped around a bit. And I thought that this handling might place enough extra stress on the unit to shorten its lifetime.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I'd say its just as durable as the ssv.

I did have mine die on me twice, but I dare say I am the massive exception that proves the rule.

In the end, after my troubles, 7th floor just outright replaced my unit, after repairing it twice, so I now have 2 working LSVs (my pic above of the modded cord is my original silver, I've mainly been rocking my black one as a daily driver.)

The only weak point IMO is the cord.
They have since added a strain relief, but it still isn't 100% effective. I have wrapped my cord around the heater knob and cable tied it there - not the prettiest, but a very effective cord strain relief.
It gives me the double added bonuses of a place to grab when it's hot, and its harder to accidentally bump the knob.
I've had it fall from lounges and coffee tables before, and it survived them without problems (the times it died, was when I hadn't been touching it and it was just sitting there waiting for my next rip).
My only glass breakages are when I've been a bit too rough removing or putting on the heater cover.

The 2 times I did have to send it back, I put the LSV HC on my SSV :tup:

If you (or your friends) are planning on using it with glassware, I'd totally go with the LSV, otherwise I'd stick with the SSV/DBV
:5c: (I know there's no emoticon for 5c, but its our smallest unit of currency dammit ;))

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: ShipDit

Vitolo

Vaporist
My SSV is a rock and my go to vape.
I love my LSV, and it is sturdy, but it is a plug-in portable.
Yes many folks use it as a daily driver... the benefit of a lightweight vape that gets plugged in and has solid state technology behind it.
It lends itself to being more vulnerable to mishaps, as it weighs much less, and can be pulled off of surfaces by the incautious.
I only use the bag to store or hold the unit when it is in use, because laying down on surfaces, liquids could be spilled on it and many other things.
Such is my beloved LSV... so much so that owners make hangers and hooks... they invent stands and sword holders.
It is as well made as the SSV for sure, but the SSV is sturdier, in that it is stationary, thereby avoiding handling, dropping, spills, changing temperatures from being moved about....

I am not the one that called the LSV portable either.. it was 7th Floor themselves.
30rso5c.jpg

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
This thing gets me stoned but today I had a weird thing happen. Everytime i use it, it smells like burnt popcorn no dank smell hut today it stunk my whole house up. I packed a bigger bowl and it was on for like 30 minutes so maybe that did it cause it was too hot. It was around 1 ish but I've had it hotter than that without any smell. I mustve reached combustion.

ElevatedMindset,

ElevatedMindset

Cloud Lounging
Maybe it smelt a lot more because my wand is sorta dirty? Those are the only things I can think of cause for the time I've had it today was the first time it smelt like actual weed.

ElevatedMindset,

Dr. Yan-I-Tor

Maybe it smelt a lot more because my wand is sorta dirty? Those are the only things I can think of cause for the time I've had it today was the first time it smelt like actual weed.

I'd say its the wand. I don't have my lsv yet (although it landed and is currently 40 mins away as of 6:40pm today), but I have noticed that if I neglect to clean my solo stems they start to get really smelly once heated up during a session.

Dr. Yan-I-Tor,

Dr. Yan-I-Tor

So I opened my mailbox to find a nice surprise this afternoon :D!

My black lsv showed up, along with a rasta colored custom know and wand. I did an initial test upon receiving my unit, and although I only got one successful bowl out of it, I'm really impressed. I have a friend I'm meeting up with after my night class and I'm going to be bringing this baby along with me :D.

The only issue I really encountered was getting thick vapor from the wand. I had it set at about 12 and 1 when trying sans water pipe, and while I got some vapor, it wasn't particularly thick or flavorful. If anyone could give me some tips, I'd really appreciate it. I've already played around a bit with draw speed, and I'm finding the unrestricted draw almost overwhelming haha. I'm very used to my solo.

I can't wait to get my first piece of nice glass to go with this thing. I was using my little stemless tube w/ the wpa, and I really had to limit my hits due to no diffusion lol.

One last question: when you get a custom wand, is it normal to also receive the standard clear wand? I was under the impression that the whole reason for the 30% off you get when you buy the custom wand at the same time as the lsv was because you were opting for the custom instead of the normal? Either way it's nice having two wands :D

Dr. Yan-I-Tor,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The LSV comes with a long transfer wand. That is the deal.
Buying extra goods does not preclude you from the exact deal the world is being offered!
Enjoy! ;)

Vitolo,

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
I just placed my order today. I cant wait.
I have a 16" tube and I hope the LSV can milk the living shit out of it lol.
I forgot that the LSV is analog. How easy is it to accidentally bump the knob?
What is the heat temperature when the knob is turned all the way down?
After each hit... is it better to lay the LSV down on a face towel or just flat out on your desk?
Does it roll around on a flat surface?

Sorry for all the questions lol. I'm just really excited.

keepsake,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I keep it in it's bag (opened) as the bag is good insulation and keeps it from sliding.
I would think on a towel better than just on a desk, for sitting there at low temp.

Vitolo,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
I just placed my order today. I cant wait.
I have a 16" tube and I hope the LSV can milk the living shit out of it lol.
I forgot that the LSV is analog. How easy is it to accidentally bump the knob?
What is the heat temperature when the knob is turned all the way down?
After each hit... is it better to lay the LSV down on a face towel or just flat out on your desk?
Does it roll around on a flat surface?

Sorry for all the questions lol. I'm just really excited.

The knob on mine gets bumped out of position rather easily. That is actually the only weakness I have found with the LSV.

deadheadbill,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
keepsake...if you haven't read this entire thread yet, I suggest it. I did before I got mine and there a lot of useful tips throughout that you will be glad you did. I've gotten to where I never get a vape without reading its entire thread here first.

Vitolo uses the bag...i used a towel. What I really liked was hanging it on the wall for storage.

stickstones,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
LSV ... well... finally my good combuster was able to understand the high that you get from a vape...

Until now...nothing ... I finally gotten a proper big hitter and I must say the LSV rock... I dig the glass wand...it is very comfortable...

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
The only issue I really encountered was getting thick vapor from the wand. I had it set at about 12 and 1 when trying sans water pipe, and while I got some vapor, it wasn't particularly thick or flavorful. If anyone could give me some tips, I'd really appreciate it. I've already played around a bit with draw speed, and I'm finding the unrestricted draw almost overwhelming haha. I'm very used to my solo.

I will post up a video later today showing how I use mine. Hopefully it will help you master your LSV.

VaporEyes,

Dr. Yan-I-Tor

I will post up a video later today showing how I use mine. Hopefully it will help you master your LSV.

I appreciate it. I managed to get a bit more success during the session I had with a friend last night, but I still feel like I could improve lol I'll look forward to your video, thanks!

Dr. Yan-I-Tor,
Top Bottom