Leviathan Pipes (inexpensive American Glass)

Takavor23

Lev of Leviathan
Glass Blower
Hey guys if you have not received your bubbler first 30ppl before Wednesday write me. For everyone who got theirs today enjoy. Lastly please remember if you ordered around the first of the month you may receive your next week not this upcoming Monday but the following Monday. The first 30 have gone out. Numbers 33+ please be patient.

SD_haze

Well today I made a drive up to the Burbank area to meet none other then Lev of Leviathan, and he had something for me. An FC Bubbler of my very own!

Hmm. That looks a little different though. The base. It's not quite the same as the other two. And the joint, that's different too.

Could it be the Legendary (and one of a kind) Other Prototype Bubbler? Why yes I think it is! Lev surprised me with that. And I must say I love it. Only one word for it right now Quality. Here's more photos for some size comparisons.

And some videos for your viewing pleasure.
Amazing, angled perfectly for vapexhale cloud use :haw:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
BigDaddyVapor's Impressions of a Bubbler: a New Way to Vape

The Specs

Height to Top of Can: 7"
Height to Top of Mouthpiece: 12"
Can Wall: 60mm
Mouthpiece Wall: 20mm
Glass Thickness: 5mm Borosilicate
Base: 3 3/4"
Joint: 18mm (female) - stemless
Perc: Hand-Woven Lattice (honeycomb)

Initial Impressions

My first impressions of the Leviathan/M&M Tech Special Edition (Limited Release) Hand-Woven Lattice FC Bubbler, were purely visual. This time, sitting on the patio of a Starbucks, in Southern California, I unwrapped my new glass and gave it a once over. I noticed the thick, smooth glass I was used to, from my other Leviathan piece. I made note of the new graphic (Lev pointed out the visual trick for me with the FC aspect). I especially liked the stand alone M&M Tech graphic, as I think it gives them a more High End look. Instead of looking like someone found a decent font in Photoshop, an artist made a logo. A good logo, makes a difference.

Next I noticed how the hand-woven lattice (honeycomb) literally sparkled in the light. It looked jeweled. Lev was extremely proud of this perc and made sure to point out, the "hand-woven" aspect. Now, if you go to Youtube and type in "Honeycomb perc", you're going to get back results for a LOT of pH(x) pieces. Most people associate the honeycomb with them. I'll get into this more later, but I feel for people that have only experienced, this violently turbulent version, of what should be a light pleasant purr, in the hands.

Good, solid and raised base, lifting the water chamber about an inch. Big, but not obnoxiously large, such as the Black Leaf Saxo. Its sufficient, unlike a lot of can bubblers, lacking even a rudimentary base.

I noted the downtube and mouthpiece. I took a guess, which I confirmed later... of 20mm glass wall. It has a flared and slightly cupped mouthpiece. Fit between lips and the mouthpiece, is surprisingly comfortable and has a natural feel to it. You don't feel like you have to press, or exert effort to pull your hits. The tubing also feels quite solid and a more than enough, for a firm handgrip on the bubbler (be careful not to swing hand). It is braced on the body, above the joint. The stemless benefits from the same bracing.

Speaking of handles. I also noticed and have discovered in the last few days, it can be held comfortably in several different ways. By the downtube, around the can, around the base (from underneath), or around the base from the sides. Also, you can rest the downtube bend, in the crook of your thumb and index finger.

The can at 60mm is a comfortable fit in the hands. It looks a nice size for vapor. Not to big, not too small. Plenty of room for bubbler stacking, if it will do it. The top of the can dips down, in a smooth cone shape and can be used for your favorite herb, dabs, etc. Mobius did this once, I believe. I don't think its still in production. Lev acted surprised and it was genuine. Until I had scoured the 'Net for 3 hours the previous night, watching videos of glass... I didn't know that fact either.

A Miserable Try

Being my typical, don't give a @#$% self, after I dropped off GrandMom Vapor (Lev got the pleasure of meeting my mother)... I found a bit more remote portion of the parking lot. I remembered reading someone mention water levels for honeycombs should be close to level with the perc. I chose to go about 1/8" above the dome crest (I found out later, this is much to high, for my preference). My only vaporizer on hand, was my MFLB and 18mm whip.

My first attempt, was met with a "meh" level charge, in my battery. A quick change-out rectified that. I made 4 or 5 attempts at getting a substantive hit, with a slight sign of life on one. Finally, emptied the glass and wrapped it back up. I didn't want to stick around too long, before Santa Clarita Sheriff's took notice of my presence. Hopeful my return home and in a more stable environment, my test would prove fruitful and I wasn't the owner of a Limited Edition POS, that looked really cool.

I made my drive home, attended by my MFLB and 2" acrylic stem.

Symbiotic Relationship

After making a quick stop at the co-op and adding another 1/8th to my meds, I made my way home to figure this beast out. I had texted Lev and asked about the water level. I decided to try several levels, film my results and take notes of my likes/dislikes.

I had to tame this beast, the woven-lattice/honeycomb perc taking up the entirety of 60mm tubing.

Now, getting back to Youtube and the pH(x). Looking at the two examples of a honeycomb, you will notice the pH(x) perc is flat and thin. The holes are machined and p-e-r-f-e-c-t. The Leviathan/M&M Tech, is thick. You can see how the glass artist/blower laid the strands of glass down, as if making an intricate, near molten, pie crust. While not linear perfection, like the machined pH(x), its a beautiful example of a steady hand. Its domed and crests in the center.

The other difference you will notice between a pH(x) and this bubbler, is placement of the perc. I hope she won't mind me repeating, but Allison from SSFG even commented on the low (proper) placement of the lattice. While investigating what she was talking about, I discovered the issue a lot of people have with this type perc and where pH(x) misses the boat. On the Leviathan/M&M Tech the bottom of the lattice is maybe an 1/8" above the level of the opening from the stemless. When you draw, this brings the water down to just below that junction. Because the lattice is right there, the water basically stays level. Level means, less turbulence.

On the pH(x), the honeycomb sits higher in the tube. This results in the air/water making a hard bend around the stemless opening and travel a diagonal path to the perc. This results in not only turbulence, but concentrates water pressure towards the front half of the perc, resulting in the perc firing poorly. Watch the videos. The water is a teeming bubbling mass UNDER the perc and just slop, above it. I don't consider that percolation. Its White Water Rafting.

The water levels I tried, were just to the very bottom of the perc (which also lines up with the bottom edge of the stemless brace). Next water level was the middle of the perc dome (and of brace arm). Then the high level completely covering the domed section (just above the top edge of the brace). Finally, I settled on a point between the low and mid level.

With the lattice perc, when you first start to pull, you will feel a slight resistance. This is because the water needs enough pressure to push past the level of the joint and hold there, while drawing. Because the perc is sitting lower, the level of the water will stay even, as vapor travels up thru smooth flame-washed lattice glass, breaking up into hundreds of very little bubbles.

On a low water level, its almost like a bunch of little pin prick, air leaks coming up thru the water, darting and dancing around the perc. Raise it above that and it is a site to behold, especially from the sides. The bubbles in the perc will concentrate mostly in a mass that moves around the smooth mesh of the lattice. Little fingers are constantly breaking off and searching for their next path... the mass of bubbles following random ones around the perc. After the initial bit of drag on the pull, it settles down to an effortless, purr on the lips.

On the clear is where you discover the magic of this very fine piece of scientific glass and exquisite perc, that 20mm downtube and the flared mouthpiece, all working together. Pulling the slide gives you instant and extremely accurate control over the bubble stacking. Again, smart choice on that 20mm tubing. However, the truly incredible thing is the instant and quite eye-opening, the first time you intake vapor off this piece. The only analogy I can draw, is to chugging or beer bonging. You're opening your throat and pouring liquid unobstructed into your stomach. Well, think of the Leviathan/M&M Tech bubbler as the vapor equivalent. You pull the slide and whooooosh, vapor is transferred to your lungs. Make sure you're holding onto something, or sitting, when using this very powerful instrument. The rush of your meds and air, will sometimes make you a bit light-headed.

First hit of a session, will put you pretty darn close to where you want to be, if not there out of the gate. It is not a placebo effect. You can feel it, on that clear. You can feel the vapor being absorbed into your very being, after experiencing the rush from this water piece, on that opening salvo.

(Continued in Part II - forum software character limit)

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Conclusion and Grade

Let's get my gripe out of the way. The only fault I can find with the whole package, is just the nature of stemless designs. They attract a lot of residual buildup. Function is not effected unless you're too lazy to ever clean it. But its an open design and easy to clean with a bit of 91% iso.

I haven't ever experienced anything quite like it, off another glass piece. I'm sure there are some out there, however, in my view I don't need to look for anything better. Different? After the new wears off, maybe. But this bubbler will always be part of my collection. For personal reasons and just for functionality sake.

The balance of the piece is centered and solid. It doesn't want to tip or feel tipsy. The glass is clear, feels even and solid throughout. Seams are strong and clean. While bracing feels unnecessary, it is there regardless. Its an added bonus and speaks to the quality.

It feels like thought went into every bit of the design of this tool and something a true master craftsman of his trade, would use with pride.

I give the Leviathan/M&M Tech Hand-Woven Lattice FC Bubbler a solid: A+

Update: I gave the MFLB another try. The experience, is definitely different. I added a 2' whip and 18mm adapter, for a bit of extra restriction and fine control of the airflow. Still, you can't pull hard enough to overcome the water changing levels constantly, creating a bit more to the drag and a little chug. Still less that most pieces. A harder pull, or more open airflow using the WPA, will pull air thru the MFLB too fast and you will lose vapor production. Still, I rate it as a satisfying, while different, percolating process. This is a bubbler that can provide an excellent vaporizing experience, for a wide variety of vaporizers.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
In my opinion, the air flow is too much, to open it up like that. I should probably rewrite that. (done)

Typically, I have found I only really like the WPA, on much smaller pieces. Less volume and finer control on the airflow.

Since you ask, I'll give it a try later. Getting ready to crash.

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
A couple more dimensions, that were requested.

Distance from inside wall of joint to outside wall of can: 5/8"
Distance from top of joint to top of can: 2"

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Pulled out the VB tonight. All of you with that type vape should be very happy. The bubbler really shines with the whip-style vapes, with an extended dance of bubbles up and down the can.

EDIT:

Was just watching this one again and paying attention to your draw, perc, clear... oh yeah, I know you liked that (and I know they've only gotten better). Digging on the Peter Gabriel to. :tup:

EDIT: Another bonus of the bubbler, is its improved my technique with a couple of other pieces, especially the Saxo. The Saxo percs nice, but stacking was a pain. With the large 38mm downtube/mouthpiece its a bit difficult to stack. Spending so much time playing with the FC Bubbler helps you perfect the pull required to stack like that. Pretty cool.

Expected Next: Leviathan/M&M Tech Bubbler Cures Cancer!

BigDaddyVapor,

NewVape

What a guy!
Yeah that was my first try with the LevFC. I've since been trying different water levels. The one in the video is too high I think and have brought it lower. Closer to the perc.

NewVape,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I haven't even heard from Lev in a couple days, which is unusual. Since it is out of character for him, I just figure he's doing what he typically is, when he's goes silent for a bit. He's busting his butt at work.

Or I'm really hoping he just took a few days off. He looked exhausted last I saw him.

BigDaddyVapor,

Takavor23

Lev of Leviathan
Glass Blower
So paypal isnt allowing me to send everyone's tracking numbers it keeps flipping back n forth. For most of you Wednesday I believe is the day. If you want your tracking number message me. I hate paypal -__-. As for international links I am trying to get UPS to give me an idea for shipping. I hope to get a response soon. Please be patient. I am NOT going to not ship the piece if you are on the list. I hope to see some pics and videos from everyone soon.

Takavor23

Lev of Leviathan
Glass Blower
No there should be about 5 right now, At least 4 people received their today. 30 more are scheduled to arrive Wednesday. I don't know why my staff waited an extra day to ship.

Takavor23

Lev of Leviathan
Glass Blower
Hey fellas, we are trying to get Leviathan Pipes out to a larger audience. For the members on facebook if you can like or share our page it would be appreciated. Our facebook can be found in my signature link. Thanks again for the support. INTERNATIONAL LINKS WILL BE UP FRIDAY with or without UPS.

Top Bottom