DB

Something I was curious about. What happens to the vapors if you don't inhale them? What if the vaporizer is running but I have to leave it sit for a few minutes? Are they there waiting for you when you get back or do they leak out?

DB,

niall

DB said:
Something I was curious about. What happens to the vapors if you don't inhale them? What if the vaporizer is running but I have to leave it sit for a few minutes? Are they there waiting for you when you get back or do they leak out?
I suspect they start to leak out eventually, but without airflow it would be pretty minor and subtle. I've never seen any visible vapor leaking. I reckon the bigger problem would be degradation and oxidation of the vapor once it had boiled off. I've left mine running 3-4 cycles in between hits sometimes and haven't really noticed much of a difference, but there is clearly vapor in the chamber ready to inhale at this point - so I think it's more a question of how long can it remain in a hot crucible without degrading..? I wouldn't get into the habit of leaving it like this, but it's probably very minor and subtle.

niall,

tradhead

ChuckRock said:
This morning i received my replacement stems but no bowl.
Even though i had told O&B several times the herb bow was now unusable.
I even sent them pictures and posted a pic in this forum.
I have even offered to send the bowl back all met with no response.
Customer service with this company is a complete joke.
Unfortunately for them i come in to contact with thousands of people on a weekly basis and i will be letting them know.

This company is knowingly selling defective goods, its a simple as that.

In order to use my i-olite, i have ordered a bowl from Warehousegoods.It worked out over 10 cheaper ordering it from the other side of the world than directly from the manufacturer.
More unnecessary expense on my part, brought on by Ogelbsy and Butler's dodgy Business dealings.

So in short, Dont buy from I-olite directly as you will be burned, as i have been.
They wouldn't know what customer service is, even if it bit them in the ass.
I have been left without a functional road vape for weeks because of these fools
Its a shame, the actual unit is a great piece of kit.
But the fact remains, they are knowingly selling faulty equipment to the public.
Im pretty sure that's illegal where i live and i will be looking into taking the matter further.

:mad:
I agree.

ChuckRock said:
yeah , im just really bummed at the moment.
They have cost me money and i still cant use my vape, through no fault of mines.

IT was nice of them to replace my stem and im pleased about that, its just without a bowl i cant use them.
I never broke the BRAND NEW bowl, the defective stems caused this, which they were fully aware of and shipped to me.
Instead of trying to put it right and sending me a new bowl and stems.They sent me more stems i don't need.
I simply burnt the broken bit of stem out of the metal bowl. that works, chuck it in the fire for 5 min. As both my stems broke I was forced to operate the device with no stem and its actually cooler. The heat it transmitted down the stem while just putting your mouth to the area works fine. Dodgy bit of gear though, was fine but after 3 months it just died. Pity , I was recommending it to my mates and planning on buying more, but the jerk masquerading as CS certainly screwed those sales up.

tradhead,

highendvapes

Manufacturer
Just a heads up, the replacment mouthpieces that Iolite are sending out are of the same quality as the ones that break. :( Already broke 2 since friday. I have replacements that I got off Ebay weeks ago that are holding up fine. I think that all of their molded parts are failing miserably, but the ones that were turned seem to hold up. I really think that they should go back to turning them personally.:2c:

highendvapes,

reece

I have had no issues with customer service for my Iolite. I've always received prompt replies. I even sent my unit in for repairs (to Ireland) and received it back very quickly. It sucks you guys are having such trouble.

reece,

ozzie

Quick Q for using an Iolite for bags--has anyone done this? I think it would be pretty easy to hook the mouthpiece up to an external (aquarium?) air pump. (The kind that passes air thru a plastic tube only.) The slow, even air flow sounds perfect for pulling air out of the Iolite and filling bags. (Just a thought, as I don't own an Iloite--yet!)

ozzie,

shotgunwilly

sorry you guys are having a negative experience... thats a drag...:( no ozzie, i dont think it would work... i mean with some work i guess anything is possible, but, i dont think the iolite is really designed for a bag set up...:/ also, to any others out there that are "modding" the screen/bowl set up, i was resetting my unit back to the retainer, 1x 7hole, retainer, screen and wanted to reiterate how important it is to keep the bottom of the bowl (stem side) clean... i think that headspace area is so small, that even with the added retaining ring,it takes very little gunk in there to start impinging on the quality of the vapor.... when it is clean, it really makes a difference on the vapor quality... big, big vapor!:brow:

shotgunwilly,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I agree that a little more headroom could be nice for more evenly-distributed airflow :) (or even better yet...a stainless steel tube the size/shape of the entire stainless steel tip of a PD stem as the bowl to increase the vapor/air ratio drastically by creating a long tight sleeve of herb surrounded by a stainless steel sleeve of heat ;) ).

As for blowing up bags with the Iolite...

Let them know if you figure it out. I (jokingly) said at one point to make a fan attachment for the 'I-Inhale' and call it 'It Exhales'.

Great idea Macbill! :tup: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=34747#p34747

On a side note...I noticed that the Beta testing thread is closed, and states "Beta testing is over." http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=34747#p34747

^ Was that the official announcement of the termination of the Beta program? ^ :uhoh:

Progress,

ozzie

sgwilly, why do you think the Iolite isn't "designed" for a bag set-up? I can't see why an isolated air pump with a slow flow rate would be any different than direct draws from the mouthpiece. Regardless, I do plan on trying this out. And I'm willing to bet it will work. ;)

ozzie,

h2ogo777

i just bought the iolite and i got visible vapor a few times but not very often......its def vaping somethin cause its gettin the job done. Is this normal to not really see anything when vaping.......just converted over from smoking so i dont know what i should expect to see coming out. Im using calibri 3x butane is that good enough?

h2ogo777,

max

Out to lunch
Yes, Colibri is good butane. A lot of times seeing exhaled vapor is a matter of lighting. Vapor isn't smoke and you shouldn't expect to see it like you see exhaled smoke. If you're feeling the effect from vaping, it doesn't matter whether you can see exhaled vapor or not. I've gotten high many times from from the iolite and other vapes without seeing any vapor at all on exhales.

max,

h2ogo777

thanks.......yea i figured if im feeling it than it works.....but i wanted to make sure being that i never really vaped before this

h2ogo777,

shotgunwilly

ozzie, i mean it is possible i guess... i guess if you could isolate where the pump was drawing the air from to a tube, then you could hook it up to your iolite, but then you are pumping the thc thru the pump...eventually you would gum it up i would think....

shotgunwilly,

MDBudz

finally had a chance to try another brand of butane (Colibri) and it made no difference, still no vapor from my unit. So, it will be packed up and shipped back to Ireland this week for repair/replacement.

MDBudz,

shotgunwilly

macbill, how are you running your unit now? did you pull out the 7hole? i was thinking last night of just putting in two retaining rings to give me the headspace i want, then a solid screen and let the pin concave it... is that what you did or similar with the compression ring? if it is, how is it working? i think i will try it today, just not sure how important the 7hole is... is it used to help heat/maintain the heat of the herb as a heat sink? anyway, guess i ll screw around with it a bit later...

shotgunwilly,

misslady

so i got my iolite a few months ago and fell completely in love with it but after about a month of using it the piezo button stopped working. the gas runs but it wont ignite-is there something i can do? i tried burning all the gas out of it and refilling it and buying new gas (that they recommended on the iolite website) and still no luck.. :/

misslady,

reece

max said:
Yes, Colibri is good butane. A lot of times seeing exhaled vapor is a matter of lighting. Vapor isn't smoke and you shouldn't expect to see it like you see exhaled smoke. If you're feeling the effect from vaping, it doesn't matter whether you can see exhaled vapor or not. I've gotten high many times from from the iolite and other vapes without seeing any vapor at all on exhales.
Same here but there is a psychological effect for me. When I don't see vapors, which is frequent if I don't pack the bowl fully, I think nothing is happening. Of course, after a bit I know something's going on. But I still can't help but think something is wrong if I don't see any vapor. I guess over time it gets better. What's strange is I get more consistent visible vapor from the LB than from the Iolite (unless I pack a full bowl)

misslady said:
so i got my iolite a few months ago and fell completely in love with it but after about a month of using it the piezo button stopped working. the gas runs but it wont ignite-is there something i can do? i tried burning all the gas out of it and refilling it and buying new gas (that they recommended on the iolite website) and still no luck.. :/
This is what happened to me after about a month. I got mine from gotvape.com and they sent me a new unit after going through a lot of troubleshooting. Check with the place you bought it from to see if they honor the warranty. If not you'll have to go through the manufacturer, which I also had to do for another problem. I got the repaired unit back fairly quickly (10 days after I sent it out) considering I'm in the US on the west coast and they are in Ireland.

reece,

reece

sorry, double post. I'm not sure how to delete it. Could a mod do it for me please?

reece,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
shotgunwilly said:
macbill, how are you running your unit now? did you pull out the 7hole? i was thinking last night of just putting in two retaining rings to give me the headspace i want, then a solid screen and let the pin concave it... is that what you did or similar with the compression ring? if it is, how is it working? i think i will try it today, just not sure how important the 7hole is... is it used to help heat/maintain the heat of the herb as a heat sink? anyway, guess i ll screw around with it a bit later...
I'm not using any 7-dot screen. I have a compression sleeve, and an oversized round screen that I make concave using the compression sleeve and a small dowel-like pencil. I trim around the screen to even it out. I put the compression sleeve and screen into the chamber, and keep it in place with one of those wire stays.

The reason I make it concave is so the full heating pin can be inserted (it may even touch the screen). The headspace is between the screen and compression sleeve. It works for me. Its easy to clean, and I seem to get good hits. Was it worth it? I don't know: all 3 of my chambers have been converted and I don't want to bother to re-convert one of them to do a test. I'd just get too wasted anyway and forget what I'm doing. I don't think it made an appreciable difference, but it is very easy to keep clean, and my herb looks well-spent.

On another front, I've investigated where to get an adapter from the metric to standard 1/8" female - the next time I'm in Kennewick, WA (the closest dealer) I'll check them out in person.

macbill,

I-AM-KEVBONE

Hello all, as promised I said I would write the review for the I-olite when i received it. Well it just came in the mail today. I came home from work and there she was just sitting on the steps. Excited to try it I ripped open the package and read the instructions. On opening the box, i saw the I-olite which is about the size of a small walkie talky. Along with it came mouth piece extensions, 2 cloth pieces, a metal cleaner, 2 screens and a screw thinger that i didn't really look at. The butane attachment is on the top and DOES NOT NEED ALOT OF BUTANE. I FOUND THIS OUT THE WRONG WAY BY HOLDING THE BUTANE CAN ON IT WONDERING IF IT WAS FILLED THAT QUICKLY. it may have taken about 3-5 seconds to fill it. after I grinded up my "herb" i only put a sprinkle in it..just covering the mesh screen. I flipped it on, waiting maybe 20-30 secs and inhaled. I took both a hard inhale and a soft gradual one. the gradual one did better then the hard. I also noticed that as you rip it the mouth pieces and the air get warm, not to the point of discomfort or pain..its just warm. I'm not done hitting it with probably a few more hits left in it. As i was writing this i was hitting it..i say i got about a strong 10 hits...the beginning few i didn't think i was getting any because the machine obviously had to get situated. but once it got burning the hits were good. I'm going to fiddle around with the toy some more when i get home from school tonight to check out what the other pieces are used for.

Was this a helpful review??

I-AM-KEVBONE,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I have al older i-inhale. Works great. Received new chamber / mouthpiece from Ireland. Also some screens, etc. I noticed that the new 7 hole deals are thinner for Iolite than for the older i-inhale. Interesting, since everyone is adding spacer rings to add some space there. New mouthpiece pulls harder, I noticed. :uhoh:

Also, I read in a post that new iolites don't have a bottom screen anymore? Weed just piles up along the bottom? That works for everyone?

Thanks

willieR,

max

Out to lunch
There's really very little difference between the latest production model and the original. The top screen was changed to make it easier to remove. The bottom screen isn't necessary at all, and without it the pin doesn't have to be removeable. The changes were made mainly to avoid problems, but it hits a little better too, so it's a win for both iolite and us users. I'd go ahead and remove your bottom screen. Then the pin can stay in place and you won't need to worry about stripping the threads.

max,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Interesting, Max. I had always figured the bottom screen really did something. It's been there for 9 months now.

So the new iolites do not have removable pins?

willieR,

shotgunwilly

thanks for replying macbill... ok, pulled the 7hole and just went with 2 retaining rings for a spacer and pushed a regular small screen that was slightly bigger than the bowl and seated it on the retaining spacers... two things i noticed was slightly more room for herb, and my first hit was huge... one of the bigger vapor hits ive ever had... and cleaning was great... no little holes to clean... just dump the spent smoke and blow thru the stem... clean as a whistle.... i was worried that the 7 hole was put there to be an additional heater for the herb.... but, it doesnt seem to matter... which would make me think maybe the additional metal in there initial acts like a heat sink, and lowers the temp of the spike once its no longer being heated.... at least until it gained enough heat to equalize... but with you drawing air off it, i would think it would cause it to act like a radiator and constantly lowers its temp, in turn lowering the spikes temp....i dont know, just wild ass guesses, i wish someone with a thermometer could shoot the temps with the various configurations.... well, anyway, will try it like this for a while and see where it goes... but so far, it doesnt seem like you need the extra metal and the xtra vapor space seems to work well.. whoo hoo!:)

shotgunwilly,
Top Bottom