Choism

how does everyone clean the parts? and how often do you replace the screen in the chamber?
I find that a air dust cans work wonders to blow out the res on the screen.

Choism,

reece

Choism said:
how does everyone clean the parts? and how often do you replace the screen in the chamber?
I find that a air dust cans work wonders to blow out the res on the screen.
I wait until it becomes a little harder to inhale before I clean it. I soak the screen, and mouthpiece and bowl in iso, usually for a few days (except the bowl, I have extra screens and mouthpieces). It isn't necessary to soak them that long but since I have extras I just kind of forget about it. I also use canned air between bowl loads.

reece,

DeTerminator

$Hi Vapedcrusader,

Thanks for your reply!

I'll have to check what really got stripped.

It sure didn't take much though. Caution recommended when removing that bottom screen!

Thanks again!

Kerry$

DeTerminator,

rukus13

lwien I find to get a satisfactory hit I use about 3 PD stems worth which is roughly 3/4 of the bowl maybe a little less. But I can get two sessions out of that. I usually fire it up and start htting after the first cycle. Once I start getting pretty thick hits I turn it off and it continues to pulse for a bit during which I continue to hit it. This way you don't waste anything. Later on I can get a decent second session before it is cached. If you are really wanting to get the most out of it you can then run whatever is left through the PD and get about one decent hit per stem. Not as efficient but you can make it work for you. Hope that helps.

rukus13,

lwien

rukus13 said:
lwien I find to get a satisfactory hit I use about 3 PD stems worth which is roughly 3/4 of the bowl maybe a little less. But I can get two sessions out of that. I usually fire it up and start htting after the first cycle. Once I start getting pretty thick hits I turn it off and it continues to pulse for a bit during which I continue to hit it. This way you don't waste anything. Later on I can get a decent second session before it is cached. If you are really wanting to get the most out of it you can then run whatever is left through the PD and get about one decent hit per stem. Not as efficient but you can make it work for you. Hope that helps.
It sure does, rukus. Thanks a bunch.

lwien,

nostalgia

Nostalgia
I've had my II for about two months now and I love it! I don't clean it out very often, mostly just scrape any spent herb out of the chamber so the screen isn't clogged. For a full cleaning I take the stem and chamber apart and remove the heating pin, soak them in some rubbing alcohol for a while. There were some pipe cleaners that came with my unit but they were just shitty craft supply ones so I threw them out and used proper pipe cleaners. I haven't figured out a way to clean out underneath where the bottom screen goes, I don't know if it's as important to clean down there anyhow.

The one cheap improvement that I would like to see on newer generations is a reliable switch or button release for the herb chamber. I've had it come apart in my pocket a few times and friends have grabbed it by the mouth piece.

In the first week I had it I was at a party and accidentally left it outside in the rain all night. I was so pissed when I thought I had lost it. I went looking for it where I thought I may have dropped it and was relieved to find it. Of course it didn't work right away because water had gotten inside of it. I was contemplating trying to open it up but that was a last resort. Figuring it just needed to dry out I left it alone and sure enough later on it fired up perfectly with some new butane in it.

I love the stealthiness of my little machine and people are always excited when they find out it's not actually a walkie-talkie. I brought it into the movie theatre and put it into an empty cup with a straw attached to the mouthpiece. My friends and I passed it up and down the row while we were watching the new Star Trek movie, good times were had by all. Thanks to everyone on the II team for a quality product.

nostalgia,

reece

nostalgia said:
The one cheap improvement that I would like to see on newer generations is a reliable switch or button release for the herb chamber. I've had it come apart in my pocket a few times and friends have grabbed it by the mouth piece.
I got tired of that happening so I put a couple of ponytail holders around it to hold the chamber in place. Works like a charm.

How long did it take to dry out?

reece,

max

Out to lunch
I think they're planning to put some kind of lock on the herb chamber when the other bowl changes are made.

max,

buddhaholic420

Grand master-vaper
max said:
I think they're planning to put some kind of lock on the herb chamber when the other bowl changes are made.
This is a must. I am going on 8 months of use and just yesterday I packed it and in placing it in my pocket the damn chamber came off leaving bits of bud in my pocket. It does not happen that much though, but it's a pain when it does.

buddhaholic420,

Durden

I am Jack's title
max said:
That would be excellent.

Some kind of cap to fit over the chamber would also be nice as an option in the future, so that I could pack a second chamber and bring it with me instead of trying to clear and pack on the go. Generally I use 2 chambers a day when using my Iolite so it would be very convenient.

Durden,

hedgewitch

I put a ponytail thing around mine too, but I did it so I could fasten a lanyard to it and wear it around my neck. It would be handy to have something built into the unit where you could fasten a strap or lanyard. I agree that some sort of second, or extra chambers would be handy so you could just pop in a new one and be loaded up and good to go. I love mine, no more fighting with lighters in the wind! :)

hedgewitch,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
witch...I totally dig the lanyard thing! I had a dream, where every man, woman and child, no matter sex, race or creed, could wear a dope filled lanyard without fear of persecution!

stickstones,

veggie

is it too much to ask for that this product works as advertized, after purchasing my first vaporizer the vapir classsic cordless POS, i am very dissolussioned with the whole effective portable vaporizer notion etc. my cordless takes long to heat up, has automatic fan thats on all the time, leaks air out everywhere and i havesnt gotten one decesnt hit off it, don't do it, so thats why im so keen to try the whole butane thing as time shouldnt be half as bad,, this unit is so sleak and sexy i think ill have to try, please let me know if this is worthit or not, because like i said my last one is going straight in the garbage,,

...................does anyone know of any other butane portable vaps. besides the vp 600 dragon vape, that one looks like it actually works and much cheaper, i dont know about the iolite i read mostly good reviews, and then i read too really bad reviews, one such review'ee stated that he had only used one ten times,, ive seen vids of people using it with liquid nicotine and looks like that workds reall well big clouds, etc, but i havent seen a vid using other ,,,,,,,,

case in point Does this work or not????????????

veggie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
veggie...welcome to the forum!

Now quit posting everything twice. I can't delete your posts fast enough.

PD = Purple Days vaporizer

I love my Iolite. Usually bad reviews come from people who got a defective one.

stickstones,

Durden

I am Jack's title
My unit works great! I was a little skeptical at first because of the butane and my history with refillable lighters, but now I don't even think twice about recommending it to people.
I can get clouds out of mine that can make me cough and give me a nice throaty hit. (I use concentrates with my materials, mostly blonds with some kief and glass thrown in when I can find it) You should see the looks on my friends faces, it seems most of them have never seen me cough :lol:

I was really impressed the other day when I was in a hurry and took my Iolite (I actually have an Iinhale, should I feel special? ;) ) that was full of 'spent' material and stirred up the contents, added around .05 of kief (estimate) and took it with me. It worked great and gave me the relief I needed, and without this unit being so fast and easy to use I wouldn't have been able to medicate at a time when I really needed it.

Durden,

Shazbuckle

Hey guys!

So literally 4 hours ago I drove down all the way to Carlo to get an iolite personally from Oglesby and Buter LTD.

Now, since reading 27 pages of this will be a bit tedious and outdated maybe, could anyone give me a quick summary of what I should do to get the best results out of this thing? (I have ronson butane :D)

i haven't bin able to try it yet, i haven't got any product so I've just bin playing with it a bit.

I hope i dont have a deffective device because I've noticed something that dosen't look right. When putting the herb chamber back on it dosen't seem to go in all the way, it dosen't fit near the top but it fits perfectly at the bottom. Also I noticed the tighter the straw thing I hear a weird crunchy noise, dosen't sound good. Also the herb container pops out a tiny bit as i tighten the mouthpiece.

edit: the switch seems quite stubborn to get to the "on" position, is it supposed to be difficult? Does gas need to be inside? I don't want to break it!

Shazbuckle,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
hey shaz... dunno your location, but if your in the US Ronson is not that great of a quality, better off finding some Vector or Caliber or something with a higher refinement and quality (will make your iolite work smoother) if outside of the US shouldnt be a problem... ronson is crap inside the US.

how full are you packing your bowl? are you packing it tight or loose?
I notice my iolite will pop and crackle if the herb is damp.... the only time I notice this...

as far as the tightening the mouth piece... I notice mine moves up and down so when I tighten it I make sure I pull the stem out too pull the bowl back into the piece... my bowl and stem have gotten a bit loose, but not enough too pop out (but it does help me too spin the bowl without removing the mouthpiece, thus effectively stirring the herb)
only problem I have is I ran out of screens and need too order more.. been having to set up makeshift screens until I order some new ones...

as far as the on position goes, mine is a tiny bit loose as I think they all are, and once pushed over half way it is on... does not be need too be driven home and stay there, once it clicks as you push it towards on, its on... no need too force it or get it too stay by the 1..

DevoTheStrange,

Durden

I am Jack's title
DevoTheStrange said:
my bowl and stem have gotten a bit loose, but not enough too pop out (but it does help me too spin the bowl without removing the mouthpiece, thus effectively stirring the herb)

as far as the on position goes, mine is a tiny bit loose as I think they all are, and once pushed over half way it is on... does not be need too be driven home and stay there, once it clicks as you push it towards on, its on... no need too force it or get it too stay by the 1..
My mouthpiece does the same thing but I never thought of using it to stir, awesome idea.

My on switch is also semi loose, but with the opposite issue. I have to turn my switch all the way to the one position, and it feels loose and wiggles from the 0 position to a little over halfway to the 1 position when off. I haven't run into any issues with this yet and the unit operates fine though. I have an Inhale model so maybe that's where the difference comes form.

Durden,

sundaddy

Hey, I'm thinking about getting one of these beauties. 2 quick questions 1- do you have to bottom out your lungs to hit this, or can you take "puffs' with your mouth.( I got bronchitis from bottoming out my lungs over and over on the VG). 2- I need something I can take somewhere, like if me and the wife go out to eat, I can go to the bathroom and have a quick hit.( she thinks I quit partaking years ago, so firing up the II around her and having it make that roaring noise around her is out of the question. Would I be able to go to the bathroom, fire it up, get a quick hit, and get back to the table in like 3-4 min? -Thanks Guys

sundaddy,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
sundaddy said:
Hey, I'm thinking about getting one of these beauties. 2 quick questions 1- do you have to bottom out your lungs to hit this, or can you take "puffs' with your mouth.( I got bronchitis from bottoming out my lungs over and over on the VG). 2- I need something I can take somewhere, like if me and the wife go out to eat, I can go to the bathroom and have a quick hit.( she thinks I quit partaking years ago, so firing up the II around her and having it make that roaring noise around her is out of the question. Would I be able to go to the bathroom, fire it up, get a quick hit, and get back to the table in like 3-4 min? -Thanks Guys
I wouldn't use the II for this type of use. It only takes 1-2 minutes to warm up, but the hissing reduces stealth and, more importantly, the II is best used, imo, if you finish the bowl in one sitting. I have turned it on and taken a few hits and shut it down before, thinking I would come back later to finish it off. Bottom line is that the second session loses a lot of punch due to the herb sitting in the heated chamber for a while after you are done with it.

I think you should look at the Launch Box. The qualities you are looking for in this type of situation are very well met with that unit.

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
1- Without the moisture condenser the io is pretty easy to draw on. A packed bowl, of course, is gonna restrict airflow.

2-Yes, but you'd probably want to turn the io on in your pants pocket as soon as you left the table, and take a nice, slow walk to the bathroom as well. It does take a couple of minutes of warm up before you have any hope of getting a hit. You may want to consider a Launch Box too. It's fast and doesn't even hiss.

max,

Choism

I can't say enough about the iolite, it's the best vaporizer I own, I use it daily as a home vape as well.
I wasn't too impressed with it in the beginning, $250 for this lightweight plastic walkie talkie?!
Shortly after I packed my first bowl, I was in. This thing does the job. Not to mention, stealthy as mofo.

Choism,

empidonax

hey, been reading this thread for a while now. lots of good info. definately influenced my decision to purchase an II 2 months ago from got vape. And I am very pleased with it.

i have several comments, forgive me if these have been covered but i think they have not been.

When i first got the II i started it up with nothing in it. It gave off a little visible vapor and smelled of plastic/chemicals. This went away after leaving it on for while. No problems with taste. I recently got a new toaster oven and it did pretty much the same thing.
i
For future versions, think adding a temperature control to the II would make this the best vape for me. This may be very difficult and still keep the small size, idk. Even if it was just high and low, it would be awesome. My first and only other vape was the supreme, which was great I just got tired of dealing with the torch etc. But being able to control the temp is key to maximizing vapor production, imo. I think the supreme was a little more efficient in terms of getting all the vapor out of the herb, but the quality/taste diminished after time. Not so far with the II, and probably better overall.

empidonax,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
think adding a temperature control to the II would make this the best vape for me. This may be very difficult and still keep the small size
Five chips, a thermocouple ... can be quite small, costs about $10 in parts. And some code. Pretty trivial, actually. Kind of pisses me off all vapes don't have digital temp control, it's so easy.

Hippie Dickie,
Top Bottom