stickstones

Vapor concierge
Mine did this once. I had to depress the filling nozzle on the unit to drain it and only a little bit came out...I think it was an air bubble. This bubble caused me to think I was filling up the unit when in fact it wasn't getting anything...the air blocked it. Once the bubble was out the unit would fill up again and has worked fine ever since.

stickstones,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
i've emptied it twice... still wont run. I have no problem filling it.. lots of fuel gets in. Fuelled three times and emptied it three times.... still no go

DevoTheStrange,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
make sure you wait a couple minutes like 10 or so before trying to turn it on after you fill.

illadelph,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Is your switch loose at all? I wrote mine off for good when it failed due to the switch being a little loose. It wasn't until later that I emptied the tank again and it started working. I sure hope you don't have to return it. My suggestion would be to hit the VG for a while and maybe come back to it in a couple of days. See if rest doesn't somehow get it ready to completely empty the tank like mine did. This sounds completely stupid to me, but it worked for mine and if it keeps you from having to deal with replacing it, it may be worth it.

stickstones,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
stickstones said:
Is your switch loose at all? I wrote mine off for good when it failed due to the switch being a little loose. It wasn't until later that I emptied the tank again and it started working. I sure hope you don't have to return it. My suggestion would be to hit the VG for a while and maybe come back to it in a couple of days. See if rest doesn't somehow get it ready to completely empty the tank like mine did. This sounds completely stupid to me, but it worked for mine and if it keeps you from having to deal with replacing it, it may be worth it.
QFT. i feel like if i leave mine off for a little break when its not working and then come back to it, it tends to work. i feel like all these units have to get to a certain point before they become consistent with working flawlessly.

illadelph,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
well its been acting funny past few days... been takin longer and longer for the gas too start... sometimes I think i would switch it on only too find the switch wasn't working all the time... and when emptying it, it seems like it takes a long long time for it too expel all the gas. if all else fails i'll just tell gotvape.com and see bout using that warranty. as I say this my unit just started up... I think my on off switch is screwed up. it started working once I wiggled it up and down instead of its side too side motion
but I'm still going too keep my eye on it... I think its my on off switch, if all else fails... rely on warranty.. :D

DevoTheStrange,

DeTerminator

^Hi FC forum,

I posted a while back about having my heating pin stripping.

Any ideas on permanently attaching it, or just making do without?

Thanks in advance,

Kerry^

DeTerminator,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
DeTerminator...I haven't had this problem as my units don't have the removable pin. I think i heard max say he used his without the pin, but I could be wrong. I do believe that once it is stripped there is no going back.

stickstones,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I noticed my iolite stopped working as I was down too the last bits of butane in my can. filled it several times... took a long time too start... busted out a new can, and it starts up everytime... think the last can was filling it with more air than fuel since it was on its last leg

DevoTheStrange,

max

Out to lunch
Not me. I don't know how the threaded hole is terminated. Hopefully the bottom is sealed so that herb doesn't get into the guts. I'm sure it would work without the pin, but the pin provides a lot of heat to the middle of the herb chamber, and goes directly into a fully loaded chamber. So I would think that it would take a bit longer to fully heat the chamber without the pin in place. I wouldn't put a full load in it without a pin. I would think you could solder the pin in place with some lead free solder, but it's way too small a space for a conventional soldering iron.

max,

UrDoinItWrong

Just to update, MY annoying Iolite is working ok now also, lol. It took about 5 fillings to "burn" out whatever gunk was messing it up, and it DOES still pulse on startup a bit...but overall it's functional. Devo, it sounded like whatever was messing mine up also would impair gas flow too; there were many times when it seemed too quiet and gas didn't seem to flow....then it suddenly would, causing the "pulse" I was talking about. I noticed in the beginning if I lightly shook the device it would pulse more....WEIRD.

UrDoinItWrong,

reece

When I got my Iolite it seemed to work fine. I filled with the butane that was sent with it. I turned it, clicked the button, and could see the little blue light. It stayed blue for a while before turning orange. I thought it was kind of strange because the instruction manual didn't say anything about a blue light. But whatever, it was working and did what it was supposed to do. It would stutter (pulse?) sometimes but no big deal. Then about a month after receiving the unit, it just stopped working. I'd click it, see a spark but no blue light.I called the dealer where I bought it and they tried trouble shooting with me. They suggested better butane, purging and refilling, and even fill, wait a minute, fill, wait a minute, and fill again. Nothing worked so they sent me a replacement unit. I immediately noticed a difference (I only used Vector 5 times refined on this unit). First, it filled in about 3 seconds as opposed to 10 seconds for the first unit (after unit stopped working the fill time increased to 20 seconds). Also, when I clicked it the blue light turned orange almost immediately and the orange glow was much, much brighter than on the first unit and it heats up much quicker than the first. This unit also pulses, but I think it is only when it is low on butane, or if I top it off with butane without purging. The blue light also stays on a little longer than usual when I do not purge.
I am extremely pleased with the Iolite. It is perfect for my needs. A small, portable and easy to hide vape almost exclusively for home use. I have young children so the larger home units with plugs and cords just won't do. Also, the Iolite has a two year warranty which tells you something about the manufacturer's confidence in their product. That is what sold me on the Iolite over the vapir oxygen mini (90 day warranty). I would probably get something else for on the go stealth purposes. Not that the Iolite isn't stealthy, but there is a product that is more stealthy.

reece,

UrDoinItWrong

Yeah, I can't think of anything that could be stealthier than the Iolite, seriously! It doesn't require an action before each hit like the use of a torch or lighter, and also has the appearance of an everyday item like a cell phone. It has low amounts of visible vapor(if you like) and the herb smell is very mild. I become continually more daring with this device as it is very easy to hide in plain sight. It sits it my top pocket or in my hand most of the day while I'm at work (my bro and I own/operate a pizza place, lol). In order to make the device stealthier, it would need to have predator camouflage or some shit, haha!

UrDoinItWrong,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The only stealth concern I have about the II is the noise and the smell when starting it up. I love my II and don't hesitate to walk around the neighborhood with it. That being said, the LaunchBox does challenge it for stealth just given its size, low noise, and less visible vapor. But I have found nothing easier to hit for a portable than the II.

stickstones,

lwien

I just got the Iolite yesterday from that contest. I haven't used it yet because I'm a bit concerned about two issues. One, is the bowl size compared to the PD. It's huge and I'm concerned about the efficiency of it. Secondly, is that the stem does not lock down on the unit itself, and seems that it would be really easy to knock it off and spill weed everywhere.

lwien,

marcuss

above the clouds
iwien...before you return it without try it once for your concerns i've got some for you:
1- you don't need to pack a full bowl...a small amount works just fine as well!
2- Don't grab the unit by the stem like a mobile phone's antenna when it is full...just hold the unit's body firmly and nothing bad can happen to you!
3- Enjoy your Iolite and send us your contest review ;)

vapor to the world!

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
I've used a very small amount in the iolite before. Like other 'big bowl vapes', you have to go more on effect than seeing and feeling vapor when you use just a little, but it works fine. Just not very satisfying.

I believe they will use some kind of locking method in the future, but if anything, I've found the herb chamber a little difficult to remove at times. I have accidentally jerked it loose a couple of times, but it took quite a bit of accidental force.

max,

lwien

max said:
I've used a very small amount in the iolite before. Like other 'big bowl vapes', you have to go more on effect than seeing and feeling vapor when you use just a little, but it works fine. Just not very satisfying.
I guess the question is this. I can get a good 4 hits from one PD stem and it'll get me buzzed for about 3 to 4 hours. Can I get the same results from 0.025g with the Iolite, disregarding visible and tasteful vapor clouds?

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
lwien...I think you are over thinking this. Nothing is as efficient as the PD, let alone a portable unit. Use it when you are out and about and you will love it. Use the PD at home. You will use the II differently. I find it works best when I give it a full 15 minute session without stopping...I have no idea how many hits this ends up being. I also turn it off and continue hitting it until it quits cycling so as to avoid waste. If I must shut it down before the bowl is done, I turn it off and keep hitting it until it quits cycling. Then when I pick it up later I can get a few more hits out of it.

Turn that fucker on and get busy!

stickstones,

lwien

stickstones said:
lwien...I think you are over thinking this.

Turn that fucker on and get busy!
Not over thinking this.

I'm on a fixed income, so I really have to watch what I spend and if the Iolite is gonna cause me to go through more weed faster than I would just using the PD, than I'm, unfortunatly, not gonna be able to use it.

That's the reason that I'm asking these questions. I wish I didn't have to, but it is what it is.

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Dude...by those criteria you will never use a different vape. All I'm saying is the II is for portability. I never use it when I have a functioning PD at my side, but it's great when I am away from home. Keep it and use it when you need it. Personally, I put the II in the same boat as the E as far as efficiency.

stickstones,
hi determinator is it the pin itself that is stripped or th "nut" in the bottom of the chamber? If its th pin i believe you can get replacements if its the chamber..... A tiny tiny helicoil? Have you contacted the makers? If you can actually get in touch with them they are quite helpful. Good luck

thevapedcrusader,
Top Bottom